Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 10:27 AM   #151
princessesrule4
Nope, it's your imagination. It's dark orchid tag night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blythep View Post
I asked that question yesterday cause I was hoping that is the case. First they only book overflow if the whole trip is booked (which ours wasn't) and then only certain resorts are at a discounted rate. I was hoping to get Pop but she said that it was the same rack rate as Disney in my case is 119 a night. There is a discount available at All Star Sports for 95 a night but that is only if SoG fills up. I also think that it is determined by the time of year you are wanting to go as well. Our trip is during "peak" season.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for that info - didn't know it had to be booked for your whole stay to qualify for overflow rates!
Old 02-02-2008, 02:53 PM   #152
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
Yeah, I wrote something about that package a while ago. You are not saving a dime by booking it. It;s the regular cost of the room aqnd regular cost of the buffets and you get the priviledge of paying for that $20 gift certificate to a gift shop you may not even find anything you really want in it. Aside from the R&R package, SHades of Green has never offered a package that actually saved money off the regular price.
What about the Fun n' Sun package? Here is what the web site says about it...

September and January are great months to vacation in Central Florida. Smaller crowds and great weather are among the reasons that so many people choose January to stay at Shades of Green. Our Fun n' Sun Package features:

Superb accommodations in one of our well-appointed guest rooms
Breakfast daily at the Garden Gallery Restaurant
Gift Certificate to East Meets West Shoppe
Complimentary daily USA Today
One free dessert in Mangino's Italian Restaurant
One free Java Cafe beverage per adult

Has anyone ever booked this package? How was it? I noticed it doesn't say "free" daily breakfast. Do you have to pay for the breakfast as part of the package, or is it a free add on to get more business in those months? I'm curious.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #153
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Fun Mom View Post
What about the Fun n' Sun package? Here is what the web site says about it...

September and January are great months to vacation in Central Florida. Smaller crowds and great weather are among the reasons that so many people choose January to stay at Shades of Green. Our Fun n' Sun Package features:

Superb accommodations in one of our well-appointed guest rooms
Breakfast daily at the Garden Gallery Restaurant
Gift Certificate to East Meets West Shoppe
Complimentary daily USA Today
One free dessert in Mangino's Italian Restaurant
One free Java Cafe beverage per adult

Has anyone ever booked this package? How was it? I noticed it doesn't say "free" daily breakfast. Do you have to pay for the breakfast as part of the package, or is it a free add on to get more business in those months? I'm curious.

I have not checked on this package, but going by others that I have checked on, you will be paying full price for your room, pay full amount for that gift certificate and pay full price for the breakfast buffets. You can e-mail them to get specific details.

My guess is they are having a difficult time getting sales in that East Meets West gift shop as most of their packages include one of these gift certificates. My other guess is they give you the free dessert at Mangino's as a way to increase business there too. They probably figure if they give you the free coffee, you will be more likely to buy more later. Not trying to be negative about SOG's packages, but they don't really offer much as far as discount/benefits like one would expect of a package. Like someone else mentioned.......it;s more of a convenience factor than a savings thing.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #154
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

How much is the breakfast buffet at Garden Gallery? There is no information on AllEarsNet.

It would probably be cheaper and easier to bring pop tarts, cereal, granola bars and such from home and have breakfast in the room. We don't normally eat a lot at breakfast (especially the kids), but I do like to eat a hearty breakfast while on vacation. I like to eat a hearty meal for all my meals while on vacation
Old 02-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #155
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

The adult buffet meals for breakfast are about $8.99 I think- we haven't eaten there since Octboer.

Rebecca
Old 02-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #156
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

Yeah I wanna say under $10 definitely..and really it's not a bad deal, although I found it plain.

as for the Gift shop.. LAME hardly anything in there..and most definitely NOT an Asian themed selection, which is what I expected from something called east Meets West. more Hawaiian than anything else, and the Hale Koa gift shops put this one to severe shame. I'd be hard pressed to find anything I'd be willing to spend $25 on from there..'cept maybe the Zippos.

now instead of dessert at Manginos they offered a free sundae at the ice cream shop, I could be persuaded..maybe.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:44 PM   #157
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsjvb View Post
the Hale Koa gift shops put this one to severe shame.
I agree. Hale Koa gift shop was really great! Every time we bought something at ABC we found it cheaper at the exchange!
Old 02-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #158
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

I called and asked about the break down for the sun and fun package and you are actually saving money off the room (at least at our normal booking rank we were). But anyone can call and the representatives will help you figure out a package breakdown.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:56 PM   #159
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2driveinct View Post
Sounds like we should stick with a 4 or 5 day PH ticket and leave it at that. If for some reason we absolutely HAD to go to a water park, then we could just buy separate tickets. But, like someone said, we barely have enough time to see all of the major parks as it is...

How is SoG about having rooms ready? I'm not talking about early check-in necessarily, but rooms ready on time. I saw some threads about other resorts running behind and people not getting their rooms until well into the evening.
We were at SOG a year ago. Our rooms were ready at check-in....which was early in the afternoon.

I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy.
I'll think about that tomorrow.....After all, tomorrow is another day"
Scarlett O'Hara
Old 02-03-2008, 09:44 AM   #160
hildarumpole
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsjvb View Post
as for the Gift shop.. LAME hardly anything in there..
Lame and OVERPRICED. We were really disappointed in the shop. I understand that they're trying to promote the various recreation centers they operate in Germany, Hawaii and South Korea, but it was all pretty unappealing. There was quite a bit German stuff, very little Hawaiin and maybe a cap and a zippo with a Korean theme. The prices were shocking. I looked at some German wine glasses and they were 2x the price we could get them for at home. It's a mystery how they keep the place going. The gift certificates with the package are probably the majority of the sales.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:01 PM   #161
kimkreis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suevee View Post
This year we will be there for 12 and a half days and the MYW with fun options ticket works better for us than the Stars and Stripes. Also I can buy the MYW at our local MWR early so it will be one more expense prepaid.
Trying to figure out why MYM with fun option is better for you. Are you only getting say 9 days but planning to use one or more of those days on like your 11th and 12th days of your stay?

Because otherwise they are the same options correct?

I am sure we will need to hit DisneyQuest at least once, and hop on at least one day, so I see the S&S as the right choice for us.

BTW my MWR said they needed two weeks notice for anything other than a 3 day pass. Just an FYI so you get your tickets on time.
Paris Disney April 04 Off Site
WDW Jan 07 POFQ Reuniting with Daddy
WDW Feb 08 AS Sports becuase Daddy said we could!
DCL Apr 09 First Time Cruisin'!!
WDW Mar 10 Beach Club Spring Break
WDW Apr 11 Bye Bye Daddy Trip
DVC Vero Beach Oct 11
DCL Jun 12 NYC - Canada Cruise Momma's Birthday and Reuniting with Daddy
DCL Nov 13 Galveston Western All My Family!
Old 02-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #162
gibsontrio
DIS Veteran

KimKreis -
Can you elaborate on what you said about the 2 weeks notice?? I intend to get the 3 day hopper pass for my family (2kids .2 granny's , my dh and I) but what if my Dh and I decide to do the 4day pass? they need 2 weeks notice for that?? I thought you could just buy your tickets when you got there no big deal? Am I wrong?

ME! , Hubby , Cameron , Willow , Roselynn
Old 02-03-2008, 07:25 PM   #163
suevee
I am in a frenzy!
A year later was in the same fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimkreis View Post
Trying to figure out why MYM with fun option is better for you. Are you only getting say 9 days but planning to use one or more of those days on like your 11th and 12th days of your stay?

Because otherwise they are the same options correct?

I am sure we will need to hit DisneyQuest at least once, and hop on at least one day, so I see the S&S as the right choice for us.

BTW my MWR said they needed two weeks notice for anything other than a 3 day pass. Just an FYI so you get your tickets on time.
MYW is better for us because we will be there 12 and half days. The longest Stars and Stripes is only good for 11 days, only 10 days of touring. With the S and S if you only go to a water park one day that counts as a full day even if you do not go to a major park. There is no distinction between a minor or a major park. The benefit is you could go to a Water Park, Theme Park and DQ every day for 10 days if you have the stamina.

MYW is valid for 14 days. With the Fun Option add on I get 10 admittances to the minor parks and 10 admittances to the major theme parks. The 10 Fun options (water parks, DQ) are treated as separate tickets than the 10 major parks. So I can go to the Water Park in the AM and DQ in the evening for two days and only use 4 minor park admittance and still have 10 days at the major theme parks AND an addition 6 minor park admittances. So it is easier to stretch over a 12 and a half day trip. It will give us more flexibility.

The cost at our MWR for the 10 day MYW ticket plus park hopping plus the Fun option is only around $15 more per person and I only need three (DD, DGS, and DGD) as my husband and I have PAP (we are plannning 3 trips this year, two for us alone). If we were staying a flat 10 days then the Stars and Stripes would be perfect for us. It is having flexibility for that addition 2 and half days. I like having options and doing a little each day, pacing myself.

Also I like having as much of my trip prepaid as possible. You can prepay the MYW and cannot prepay the S and S. I am ordering my tickets at the end of February for our June trip.

treehouses '86, SoG 2000, Sog 2002, CR 2003, CR and Poly 2004, Sog 2005, 2006, 2007, March 2008, June 2008, Sog for Feb/Mar 2009, and Oct 2009 thanks to military Salute!!....Following Husband's wishes ...trip in March 2012 with grandson...Family trip in June 2012...
Old 02-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #164
suevee
I am in a frenzy!
A year later was in the same fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsontrio View Post
KimKreis -
Can you elaborate on what you said about the 2 weeks notice?? I intend to get the 3 day hopper pass for my family (2kids .2 granny's , my dh and I) but what if my Dh and I decide to do the 4day pass? they need 2 weeks notice for that?? I thought you could just buy your tickets when you got there no big deal? Am I wrong?
Each MWR is different. MY base sells MYW plus park hopping up to five days. If you want longer or any other add ons you have to order them. I would call your MWR and see what their policy is and what they have on hand.

treehouses '86, SoG 2000, Sog 2002, CR 2003, CR and Poly 2004, Sog 2005, 2006, 2007, March 2008, June 2008, Sog for Feb/Mar 2009, and Oct 2009 thanks to military Salute!!....Following Husband's wishes ...trip in March 2012 with grandson...Family trip in June 2012...
Old 02-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #165
kimkreis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suevee View Post
Each MWR is different. MY base sells MYW plus park hopping up to five days. If you want longer or any other add ons you have to order them. I would call your MWR and see what their policy is and what they have on hand.
Thanks Suvee. I should have added in my original post that you should call your MWR to see what they need. I was kinda shocked that mine needed two weeks for anythign longer than a 3 day pass. Just didn't want anyone else to get surprised. But in comparing prices, Shades was cheaper on comparable tickets.

But again all MWRs may vary.
Paris Disney April 04 Off Site
WDW Jan 07 POFQ Reuniting with Daddy
WDW Feb 08 AS Sports becuase Daddy said we could!
DCL Apr 09 First Time Cruisin'!!
WDW Mar 10 Beach Club Spring Break
WDW Apr 11 Bye Bye Daddy Trip
DVC Vero Beach Oct 11
DCL Jun 12 NYC - Canada Cruise Momma's Birthday and Reuniting with Daddy
DCL Nov 13 Galveston Western All My Family!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: