Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2007, 09:04 AM   #556
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update! I think the CM at DQ thought they were probably being funny, although it didn't turn out that way. I don't think that should stop you from going on it again. I think it should stop you from stealing balls!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:37 AM   #557
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Good to have you back and writing Heather!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2007, 10:31 PM   #558
WDWHeather
I'd much rather have IASW in my head
Well, I think we should all be proud of ourselves
I aspire to be a DISperate Housewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydad99 View Post
Hey Heather...

We leave in the Morning!!!
]
See ya in 2 weeks...

Oh man! I missed seeing you off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Diz View Post
Hey Heather! I love the Pirate arm Video
Aw thanks! I am quite proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
that is terrible the way the CM was at DQ. I have never been there and really have no desire to go there. I do love DTD though.
I love DTD too! Good food, good shopping, what else could you ask for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post
Thanks for the update! I think the CM at DQ thought they were probably being funny, although it didn't turn out that way. I don't think that should stop you from going on it again. I think it should stop you from stealing balls!
You're right! And it's not like anyone who was there when we did that would be there again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Good to have you back and writing Heather!
Thanks, V!
August 1993: Treehouses May 2002: Fort Wilderness Cabins May 2003: All Star Music November 2003: Port Orleans Riverside July 2004: Pop Century May 2005: Pop Century June 2006: Swan & Dolphin and Caribbean Beach Resort May 2007: Pop Century May 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa May 2009: Old Key West May 2010: Caribbean Beach Resort March 2013: Yacht Club Resort
Team Focker Watch
"PB" - PROUD MEMBER OF THE GUTTER CHICS.........
Old 09-21-2007, 11:18 PM   #559
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Hey Heather!!

Just checkng for the update

Hope all is well
Old 09-22-2007, 01:41 PM   #560
WDWHeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Hey Heather!!

Just checkng for the update

Hope all is well
I'm gonna try to get an update out this weekend. I have two exams this upcoming week, so it might not be until next weekend.
August 1993: Treehouses May 2002: Fort Wilderness Cabins May 2003: All Star Music November 2003: Port Orleans Riverside July 2004: Pop Century May 2005: Pop Century June 2006: Swan & Dolphin and Caribbean Beach Resort May 2007: Pop Century May 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa May 2009: Old Key West May 2010: Caribbean Beach Resort March 2013: Yacht Club Resort
Team Focker Watch
Old 09-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #561
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWHeather View Post
I'm gonna try to get an update out this weekend. I have two exams this upcoming week, so it might not be until next weekend.
Oh okay. I totally understnad!!

Good Luck

BTW...what are you going to school for??
Old 09-23-2007, 11:57 AM   #562
Parla
I don't have room for another bar
I stopped him so I could take this picture
I can't help it if DH's undies don't fit. I'm not a mind reader!

So I have a little time today. Should I do laundry or catch up on some much missed dissing. I think we all know the correct answer to that!
Quote:
After our not so great dinner at Tony's, it was EMH and we were ready for some swashbuckling over at POTC. We took out the pirate arm and everything. We headed over to Adventureland where we knew they were handing out EMH wristbands right across from POTC. What more perfect set-up could we have than that? Except...

Everyone else in the ding dang MK had the same idea. The line for the wrist bands wasn't too bad, but the line for POTC....
This is why we didn't get to ride POTC on our last trip. That ride needs a fast pass like nobody's business!
Quote:
After our trip through time, we walked over to It's Tough To Be A Bug and took this great picture while we waited for the show to begin:

I must say, I like ITTBAB, but those black widows coming down from the ceiling really truly freak me out every time! At least this time I didn't yell out, "NO!!!!!!!!! NOT BLACK WIDOWS!!" Not that I've ever done that before... ::cough cough:: Moving along...
We still haven't seen that movie and may never see it. My kids are so squirrely when it comes to bugs and spiders I think it would freak them out too much. Good pic though!
Quote:
I'm going to be completely honest here. We have been several times to DQ and after so many years, there is only one attraction that we are willing to stand in the always long lines for. That little attraction, my friends, is none other than: Pirates of the Caribbean- The Battle for Buccaneer Gold!

But first... a little aside:

Now, I'm not sure if I have shared the story of why Ladle and I despise Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster in DQ. I know I shared it somewhere on the boards, but I can't recall if it was here... so... If you've heard it or not, you're hearing it.. Right here... Right now.

So if you're familiar with this Buzz Lightyear attraction, you know that you get into this car type thing and one person is the driver and one is the shooter. The one who shoots also has to load the cannon with the balls that get sucked up into your car when the driver drives over them. You shoot the balls at the other cars and when there is a direct hit, their car spins and spins and spins for a moment in time.

So some years ago, we decide to give this attraction a try. Ladle and I get in a car and sit and wait and wait. We're sitting and look around and see all the balls on the ground. Well, there happens to be one right by the door to my side. I hope out, grab the ball and hand it to Ladle who loads it in the cannon. One of the workers comes over to us, opens the door and says, "Yeah, we saw that... And you guys are going to pay!"

Does that sound very Disney-like to you???!!! Not to me either...

So we're pretty freaked out. We don't know what the heck is going on!

So the event starts. Our car starts spinning and spinning and spinning.... and spinning... It won't stop! Everyone is laughing at us and hitting us with their balls so there is no chance it will EVER stop spinning.

We got off that ride, not only incredibly dizzy, but angry and totally humiliated.

Needless to say, we will never, ever, ever go on this ride again.
That ride is why I have no desire to go to DQ again. DS didn't really understand how it worked. Neither did DH for that matter. After several attempts and lots of frustration they kind of figured it out but then DS threw a fit because he wasn't very good at it. He was just barely tall enough to ride it but it put DH in a bad mood too because of DS' behavior and the whole day was just shot. When you have less than seven days at WDW you can't afford to lose a day!
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???
October 2011 MNSSHP trip! Day 3 is up! I would add links but it's only 8 pages.

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:48 PM   #563
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Hi Heather! Just wondering if everything is OK and missing you!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:06 PM   #564
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Heather...We miss you!!!

Come back please
Old 10-21-2007, 08:04 AM   #565
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

M<orning my computor is really whacky I am finding threads that I haven't seen in weeeks pop up on my subs I haven;t seen this one in months !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 10-21-2007, 09:37 AM   #566
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

CE I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday, how weird!!!!

Heather hope all's well
Old 11-28-2007, 07:25 PM   #567
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Hi, Heather! Missing you.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:36 PM   #568
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Merry Christmas.....

Hope Santa was good to You!!!!

Disneydad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW
Old 12-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #569
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Hope all's well Heather
Old 01-16-2008, 09:04 PM   #570
WDWHeather

A Wild Evening at Animal Kingdom

So as you all know, EMH at AK starts at 6 PM instead of the others that start later in the evening. We took the bus over to the AK and arrived just a bit before 6 pm. Yes, we were early for EMH. Go us!

Our first stop was, of course, EE. Our favorite ride at AK and possibly of all. With all the non-park-stayers leaving, there was hardly a line there. We got in line. Garco waited for us because he likes to watch our faces when we hit that big outside drop. Anyway, we got off and the line was still short, so we went ahead and went again.

While in line, we spotted this little beauty:

Absolutely one of my favorite Hidden Mickeys ever! How cute is that Yeti!?!

We went over to DinoLand to catch a ride on Dinosaur. That ride just doesn't get old. It's a blast. We got off and hopped back on since the line was short. Two times in a row and the ride is still great!

We decided to head to EE for one last ride through the mountain. We captured this picture on the way:

That's Mount Everest in the background. Beautiful.

We also took this picture with the back of the Tree of Life as our beautiful backdrop.

We took one more stab at outrunning the Yeti and we felt pretty darn good about our EE at AK. We were very successful!

That evening we had ADRs at Rainforest Cafe. We usually eat there once when we head to the World and this year was no exception. I love their Planet Earth Pasta and I very rarely stray from that choice. Ladle and I split that this time.

While we were there, there was a family sitting at the table near us with two little boys playing with their Lego men. Well, they started a game which included the little Lego men being catapulted by a fork... If you've ever been to Rainforest, you know how dark it is in there. Well, it was not long before one Lego men was MIA.

This poor little boy was so upset about losing his Lego man. We tried looking around for him too, but it was just so dark. He was going around to each table to ask for help and finally his parents told him that it was too late and that the Lego man was lost. He was devastated.

Then, as if it was a Disney miracle, someone held up the Lego man and he was no longer MIA. The little boy ran over and thanked them and was so excited. Let's just say he did not lose sight of that little guy again!

Anyway, it was a great meal and with the Lego man reappearing, it was also a happy ending. We were exhausted so for us, our night was over. We headed back to the hotel for a good night's sleep before our last full day in the World.
Team Focker Watch

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: