Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
Disneycrazycrewuk
Mouseketeer

Help Needed!

We are looking at booking a 14 nights holiday at AKV from sep 24th-oct 7th 08 and are totally stuck as to how this will work out with our points, from sep 1st-30th is 207 points a week and oct 1st-31st is 33 for sun-thursday, 65 for fri-sat and 295 for a week.

Does that make any sense lol

“If you can dream it, you can do it.
Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse.”
Disneycrazycrewuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:38 AM   #2
Pootle

DIS Veteran

I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking so if my answer doesn't make any sense, please forgive me

MS will work out your points on their daily rate. So, for instance, my upcoming trip involves an OKW studio which straddles January and February. The January weekday nights are 8 points per night and the February ones are 10 per night. I'm doing the weekend nights with cash and member discount as it happens, but if I were using points, it would be 24 points per night (as the weekend is in Feb).

The weekly total is immaterial - for guidance only. It's the daily rate for your dates that matter.

Hope this has not confused you more
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2008, 03:46 AM   #3
TinkTatoo
Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulder
Hooked on Disney Cruises

You haven't really said what type of room you need but I am guessing that it's a 1 bed, there are 4 different views which would affect the points and for the dates you want they are

Value - 297 points
Standard - 351 Points
Savannah - 421 Points
Concierge - 493 Points

As weekends use the most points and you've got two of them, if you need to save some points you might think about paying cash for one of the weekends. If you did that for the October one which uses more points you'd save

Value - 68 points
Standard - 80 Points
Savannah - 96 Points
Concierge - 112 Points

I use Caskbill's points calucator - have a look on the DVC board and you'll find him and a link to his calculator over there.

TinkTatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:57 AM   #4
Disneycrazycrewuk
Mouseketeer

I have confused myself even more now so I think i`ll give my MS a call later today and get the ball rolling.
Thanks for the help both of you, I`ll go look that calculator up.

Old 01-05-2008, 06:57 AM   #5
Disneycrazycrewuk
Mouseketeer

Ok I have downloaded caskbill`s calculator and had a look at how things add up on there and I think I`m slowly working this dvc points thing out now
I have worked out that staying in a 2 bed,concierge villa from sep 23rd to oct 6th will work out at 670 points.
As the 2nd weekend works out at 152 points alone for the fri and sat how do i go about paying cash for just that weekend and use my points for the remainder of our stay? as that would bring the total points down to 518

I really should call my MS with all these questions but you guys are so much quicker and explain it in layman's terms

Old 01-05-2008, 07:59 AM   #6
TinkTatoo
Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulder
Hooked on Disney Cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycrazycrewuk View Post
Ok I have downloaded caskbill`s calculator and had a look at how things add up on there and I think I`m slowly working this dvc points thing out now
I have worked out that staying in a 2 bed,concierge villa from sep 23rd to oct 6th will work out at 670 points.
As the 2nd weekend works out at 152 points alone for the fri and sat how do i go about paying cash for just that weekend and use my points for the remainder of our stay? as that would bring the total points down to 518

I really should call my MS with all these questions but you guys are so much quicker and explain it in layman's terms
You'll have to ask MS for the cash rate sometimes if you are lucky there is a 25% discount. I am guessing though that a 2 bed concierge villa rack rate will be high.

TinkTatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #7
Claire L
Enjoys a good broadway show
Likes a nice cold glass of White Zinfandel
Has been known to have a blonde moment now and then

I am not sure if there are even cash ressies for concierge rooms as there are only 5 x 2 bedrooms, which can also be turned into 1 beds or studios and they are very popular. Also as you are well within the 11 month booking window I doubt a 2 bed would now be available for the entire two weeks. Best to call asap and see.

Claire
Aug 90 to Mar 98 - 6 visits to US and 20 states visited, inc 2 trips to WDW and 2 trips to DL Jun 01 - WDW Grosvenor DTD 2wks + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk Jun 02 - WDW WL 2wks Feb 03 - New York 4nts Jun 03 - West Coast 3wks SF to LA & DL for 3 days Oct 04 - WDW AKL 10nts + RPR 2nts Jun 05 - WDW YC 10nts + HRH 4nts + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk! Jun 06 - SF to LV inc Lake Tahoe, Yosemite + the Grand Canyon 3wks Dec 06 - NYE at WDW POFQ 11nts inc RPR 1nt Oct 07 - WDW SSR 2wks inc PBH 1nt May 08 - WDW AKV 15nts inc PBH 1nt + VB 4nts Feb 09 - WDW SSR 1wk + BWI 1wk Jun 09 - Washington DC for 1wk Dec 09 - New York for 6nts Oct 10 - Miami 3nts & WDW AKV KV 13nts inc HRH 1nt Jun 11 - LA to Seattle for 3wks inc 3 days at DLC Oct 12 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt Oct 14 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt
Claire L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:32 PM   #8
Claire L
Enjoys a good broadway show
Likes a nice cold glass of White Zinfandel
Has been known to have a blonde moment now and then

Yes rack rate will be high a 1 bed Savanna view for Oct is $565 before 12.5% tax so a 2 bed concierge will be nearly or over a $1000 a night As a studio at AKV is $440 so add that to a 1 bed to get a rough idea of a price for a two bed Savanna view and it is $1005!!

Claire
Aug 90 to Mar 98 - 6 visits to US and 20 states visited, inc 2 trips to WDW and 2 trips to DL Jun 01 - WDW Grosvenor DTD 2wks + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk Jun 02 - WDW WL 2wks Feb 03 - New York 4nts Jun 03 - West Coast 3wks SF to LA & DL for 3 days Oct 04 - WDW AKL 10nts + RPR 2nts Jun 05 - WDW YC 10nts + HRH 4nts + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk! Jun 06 - SF to LV inc Lake Tahoe, Yosemite + the Grand Canyon 3wks Dec 06 - NYE at WDW POFQ 11nts inc RPR 1nt Oct 07 - WDW SSR 2wks inc PBH 1nt May 08 - WDW AKV 15nts inc PBH 1nt + VB 4nts Feb 09 - WDW SSR 1wk + BWI 1wk Jun 09 - Washington DC for 1wk Dec 09 - New York for 6nts Oct 10 - Miami 3nts & WDW AKV KV 13nts inc HRH 1nt Jun 11 - LA to Seattle for 3wks inc 3 days at DLC Oct 12 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt Oct 14 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt
Claire L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #9
Disneycrazycrewuk
Mouseketeer

Well we are now all booked up for a 2 week stay starting in sep staying in a 2 bed Savannah view villa.
They have stuck us on the wish list for a concierge villa but i`m not holding out any hope

Added the DDP as it will save us $$$`s out there and will be booking up ME to go along with that.

I can`t get over how easy the DVC are to book with and how welcoming they are

Thank you for your answers to my crazy questions

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: