Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #136
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Wonderful TR! Can't wait for the surprise!!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 04:56 PM   #137
chiefdragon
DIS Veteran

I can not wait to see how the tea went...this is something that I want to do with DD when we go down in 2 years....but I was scared she would be to young.
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #138
Tink561
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to read about the tea party. We're doing that on March 7th and I'm so excited! Someone is working on an amazing Aurora custom set for my daughter to wear.

BTW, what did you wear to the tea? I'm trying to figure out how the adults dress.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:12 PM   #139
cdotla
Trish

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!! I guess you are there now - wish I was too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeefan View Post
I'm anxiously awaiting more of your trip report. I leave tomorrow for the World, so I'll have to catch up when I return.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #140
cdotla
Trish

I was 4 on my first WDW trip too! And I completely remember it!

It was the one and only time I have ever stayed on Property before we returned to CBR on this Trip.

As I have so many memories of inside the Poly, and was only there one time when I was 4, I knew before we left that DD will also have memories to last a lifetime from this Trip! Plus, I captured way more photos of this Trip than my parents did from our Poly Trip in 1977. I think photos will help her to keep bringing the memories back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couturier View Post
Great Trip Report! Your little PRINCESS is a doll! I think 4 is just the prefect age to enjoy the parks! That was how old I was on my first trip and at 31 I can still remember it!

Dana
Old 01-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #141
cdotla
Trish

Trust me, you will have a blast! I never had so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Griswalds View Post
This TR makes me so excited for my January " Mommy and Me" trip with my DD, who will be 3.5! We leave the 30th, and have already decided to copy you on some ideas!
Old 01-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #142
cdotla
Trish

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnnPan View Post
Loving your trip report...your daughter is adorable (do you ever get sick of hearing that?)..my favorite pictures are her at the CRT breakfast...love the outfits!

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with all of us, you truly made magical memories for your daughter and yourself

Old 01-04-2008, 06:22 PM   #143
cdotla
Trish

I just popped over to your TR - it looks very fun! I wish I had taken a trip like that with friends back in my younger days...I feel so OLD saying that -LOL!

I will pop over again to read more once I finish this one up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgirl06 View Post
This TR is fabulous, I love hearing about your mother-daughter adventures! My mom and I have been doing special trips since I was a little girl, and we are still enjoying them now that I am in college. What a special gift for the two of you. The pictures are beautiful, I can't wait for the next chapter.

Thank You!
Old 01-04-2008, 06:25 PM   #144
cdotla
Trish

Wow - 2 Disney cruises before she is 3! How impressive!

I think 4 is the absolute PERFECT age for a first trip to WDW...hold off until then if you can. Especially if you can keep taking the cruises to tie you over. I would be most interested in reading a cruise TR when you are done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melsmom12 View Post
I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying your TR! My DD is 2.5 and hasn't been to WDW yet. I'm so very much looking forward to a Mommy and Me trip with her in a few more years! I know Daddy will want to come on the first one, but after that she's all mine!

Your DD is adorable, and her clothes are to die for! I would love a few outfits to take on our cruise in a few weeks, but I think I dropped the ball and waited too long, shoot. You are more than welcome to sell all of yours to me when your DD outgrows them!

Looking forward to the next installment!
Old 01-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #145
melsmom12
Look, Mommy, it's Cinderbrella!

"I think 4 is the absolute PERFECT age for a first trip to WDW...hold off until then if you can. Especially if you can keep taking the cruises to tie you over. I would be most interested in reading a cruise TR when you are done!"

Sorry, this made me giggle out loud! If my mom hadn't pretty much paid for everything, there's no way I would be going on these cruises! It was really cute the way you "said" that!
October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
January, 2008 - Disney Magic
January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century
Old 01-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #146
cdotla
Trish

Oh trust me...I know that the cruises are more pricey than a trip to the World. I didn't mean to suggest it would be a lesser vacation, just that it seems to me to be more suited to a child under 4 than a trip to WDW. That way you can still get your Disney "fix", but save your daughter's first trip to WDW for an age when it will be the most special.

On our May Trip we took DS2. Don't get me wrong - we had a great time. However, we always needed to leave the Parks each day by shortly after lunch to ensure he could get a nap in. We also could not attend the Parks at night. And his interaction with the characters just wasn't the same as DD. Plus, he was fairly limited in what rides he could do so someone always had to sit out most of the rides.

I can't wait to bring him back when he is 4 and able to enjoy the Park again as fully as DD4 did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melsmom12 View Post
"I think 4 is the absolute PERFECT age for a first trip to WDW...hold off until then if you can. Especially if you can keep taking the cruises to tie you over. I would be most interested in reading a cruise TR when you are done!"

Sorry, this made me giggle out loud! If my mom hadn't pretty much paid for everything, there's no way I would be going on these cruises! It was really cute the way you "said" that!
Old 01-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #147
melsmom12
Look, Mommy, it's Cinderbrella!

I TOTALLY understood how you meant it, it just made me giggle! Last January we all went down to Orlando and rented a house in Kissimmee. DH and I did a day in Disney without DD (she did other fun stuff with Grammie) and she did go with us to Universal a few times. It wasn't too bad, but I definitely didn't get to do nearly as many things as I could have without her! She napped pretty well in her stroller, but she wasn't 2 yet. If we took her this year it would have been disaster!
October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
January, 2008 - Disney Magic
January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century
Old 01-04-2008, 07:49 PM   #148
cdotla
Trish

I will post some pics and comments tonite about what everyone wears - the girls and the adults!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink561 View Post
I can't wait to read about the tea party. We're doing that on March 7th and I'm so excited! Someone is working on an amazing Aurora custom set for my daughter to wear.

BTW, what did you wear to the tea? I'm trying to figure out how the adults dress.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #149
cdotla
Trish

OK - I have Good News and Bad News.

First, the Bad News: Although I advised that I wanted to finish this TR this weekend, that will not be possible. I am with the kiddos all day tomorrow and DH and I have a party to attend in the evening. Sunday I am also going to be largely tied up.

Now the Good News: I will be posting the Princess Tea Party segment tonite, and because I promised to share my "surprise" this weekend, I will also post that this evening even though the TR will not be finished until maybe Sunday night or early next week.

And just not to raise expectations too high, let me just say that NO, we were NOT selected as winners for the Night in the Castle!!! As much as I would have LOVED that!!! This is more of a very simple surprise, but I still hope that you will like it.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #150
AmyAllan&Eve
Mouseketeer

Thank you for such a wonderful TR :-)

I just found your TR and read every single word on all ten pages! I love it. Thank you for taking the time to share!

My DD is three and a half. I took her to WDW when she had just turned two, and now I am ready to go back this summer (or maybe Halloween, although I am a teacher so it makes it difficult). You have given me so many special, magical ideas. I especially loved the pictures of your daughter dancing to the piano music and playing duck duck goose with Daisy.

Wow! I cannot wait to read more!
August 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Allan's first trip!)
September 1992 Contemporary Tower
July 1989 Contemporary Tower & Grand Floridian
July 1986, 1984, 1982 Contemporary Tower
July 1980 Contemporary North Garden Wing
July 1976 offsite (age 9...couldn't wait to return!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: