Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #91
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great update and usual. cute pics with Mickey.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:39 PM   #92
cdotla
Trish

DAY 3 (CON'T) FIRST FULL DAY AT MAGIC KINGDOM

As we were arriving at the Town Hall Circle for the Parade, I had the idea that while we were waiting I would try to see if we could get DD's haircut at the Barbershop before the Parade.

We had initially planned this for the next day, but I figured since the Parade would not be starting for another 20 minutes, and would then take awhile to make its way to the Town Hall, we may be able to get the Haircut done.

Although DD was almost 4 1/2 on this Trip, this would be her very First Haircut ever! I wish I had thought to take a picture of the jagged and raggedly ends of her hair before the haircut. In retrospect, I can't believe I waited that long to get her hair cut, although DD has extremely thin hair so I have always been nervous to cut any of it as she has so little!

Fortunately, after waiting less than 10 minutes we lucked out and were able to get DD's haircut done. It was a great little experience and the woman who cut her hair was great!

Almost done....

The finishing touches:

And voila! Back in Pigtails!

The final touch: Pixie Dust!

While the pixie dust was perhaps fun at the time, I would definitely skip this part in future. I ended up washing DD's hair when we returned to the resort that afternoon and it took about 15 minutes of washing and rinsing, washing and rinsing, washing and rinsing to get all the pieces out. DD has VERY thin hair...I couldn't imagine trying to get this out of a child with thick hair! Even after our power wash, we still found some in her hair the next morning!

Just as we were paying we could hear the Parade music coming down Main Street. We left the Barbershop and quickly crossed the street as they were just clearing traffic for the Parade and staked out a spot on the sidewalk to watch.

The Parade just started to approach Town Hall when out of nowhere the heavens opened and it started downpouring heavy rain. This happened just as the first float (I believe with Mickey on it as I recall) was just starting to enter the Town Hall Hub. Literally if the rain had held off another 5-10 minutes we would have been fine!

While I was looking forward to seeing the Parade again, I was not prepared to get drenched doing so. I gathered up our stuff and headed for the Exit.

Unfortunately DD did not have the same aversion to getting wet and was very disappointed to be leaving. However, I promised her that after we got back to the room and dried off we would be returning for more fun that evening.

UP NEXT: Dinner at Crystal Palace
SpectroMagic

Last edited by cdotla; 01-01-2008 at 10:47 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2008, 09:58 PM   #93
scottny
You better have crackers

you are on a roll tonight. thanks for the heads up about the confetti.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:00 PM   #94
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Wow, you definately get the "most updates" award!!!! Awesome! I love to hear your thoughts on things...very helpful!
I can't believe they didnt accommadate you in line....I would have made a huge fuss and why the heck doesnt their stupid computer take dining plan...practically everyone is on it.
I absolutely love the customs and it sounds like you had a great day, well, except for the rain....but perhaps you all needed a break anyways!
Love the pics! Can't wait for more!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #95
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

first hair spray and gel at BBB and now glitter at the barber shop!! GOTTA LOVE IT!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #96
cdotla
Trish

Just to clarify: Pecos Bills DOES take the Dining Plan. Just for some reason not the one cashier furthest to the left when you are standing facing the counter. Do not get in this line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
Wow, you definately get the "most updates" award!!!! Awesome! I love to hear your thoughts on things...very helpful!
I can't believe they didnt accommadate you in line....I would have made a huge fuss and why the heck doesnt their stupid computer take dining plan...practically everyone is on it.
I absolutely love the customs and it sounds like you had a great day, well, except for the rain....but perhaps you all needed a break anyways!
Love the pics! Can't wait for more!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #97
cdotla
Trish

Whew! I am definitely done for the night.

Thanks for reading along and the feedback. This is my first TR and I am surprised how much work it takes. I started doing this mostly for me and DD (I plan to print a complete copy off when I am done for our scrapbook), but I must say it is great to have some cheerleaders in your camp encouraging you along!

Even just the simple posts which let you know you have some readers out there makes it more fun.

I am also anxious to get to the end of this TR as I have a special surprise waiting at the end! You will have to stay tuned to find out!

I have 2 1/2 more days to come plus a TON of additional photos so stay with me!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #98
HeatherinVT
Mouseketeer

Out of all the travel logs i read yours is by far my favorite...
not sure if its cuz your daughter is so darn cute?
Because she is close to my DDs age and her and I are going in April on a solo trip or if i love all the details you have?

Anyway i cant wait to read more!

(did you write everynight when you got back to your room in order to remember all this?)

Hey why is my ticker in white i cant read it??
Old 01-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #99
scottny
You better have crackers

i like surprises.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:45 PM   #100
cdotla
Trish

Thanks Heather! I appreciate it! I hope you get some ideas for your Mommy-Daughter Trip. I know you will enjoy it as much as I did!

And no, I did not write a single detail down about our Trip until I started this Trip Report. I am glad I didn't wait any longer to do it as I want to have these memories recorded somewhere before they are forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherinVT View Post
Out of all the travel logs i read yours is by far my favorite...
not sure if its cuz your daughter is so darn cute?
Because she is close to my DDs age and her and I are going in April on a solo trip or if i love all the details you have?

Anyway i cant wait to read more!

(did you write everynight when you got back to your room in order to remember all this?)

Hey why is my ticker in white i cant read it??
Old 01-02-2008, 07:52 AM   #101
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Love your updates - all of them! You are on a roll! Great idea to print out your report for your scrapbook.

Can't believe that was DD's first haircut! What a great place for that experience.

Looking forward to the rest - you are doing a great job!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:07 AM   #102
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

wow, i can't believe how much you posted since I read yesterday. Can't wait to hear more. Loving DD outfits and all your photos.
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
Old 01-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #103
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

MORE UPDATES TODAY??!!!!!

I wonder what the surprise is?? Another WDW trip to plan??!! Let's hope cuz you're on a roll, I'd love to read another one for a trip in the future!
Old 01-02-2008, 12:40 PM   #104
AimKo
Mouseketeer

Love your report!

What a fun report. I have this dream of taking my dd(now 5) for a surprise girls only weekend for one of her birthdays....not sure her brother would appreciate that tho! He's now 3 and would definitely notice!

Looks like you had a wonderful time.

A
Old 01-02-2008, 05:06 PM   #105
JustMickey
DIS Veteran

Great TR, I'm really enjoying reading about your trip with your adorable daughter! I just loved seeing all the little girls in the parks a few weeks ago with their dresses and BBB makeovers and I'm glad you both had a fun time. Those Halloween Party photos are making me want to plan a trip for fall now!

OH BOY!

PTR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: