Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2007, 08:33 AM   #31
chiefdragon
DIS Veteran

I am loving your TR. I did the same thing with my DD this past September. I not only took DD, but also took my DM with me. That made 3 generations storming the world. I just loved the Little Magic Hours. DD was able to ride with a variety of characters.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:43 AM   #32
cdotla
Trish

The LOEMH is something Disney puts on for Pre-Schoolers in Sept and Oct. during the so-called hurricane season. All the characters come out and play with the kids from 8-9am on select days. It was a nice special treat for us on this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessEmilysMommy View Post
Can you tell me more about the Little Ones Extra Magic Hour? I've never heard of that.

Thanks so much!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2007, 08:45 AM   #33
cdotla
Trish

Yes, I have plenty other special Mommy/Daughter moments yet to come! Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Griswalds View Post
I have enjoyed your TR very much! I too am planning on a special "Mommy and Me" trip with my 3 yo DD. Like you we are leaving other family behind ( a DH and 2 siblings) and I was very concerned about the whole idea of doing not an entire family trip. BUT I am so looking forward to having this special experience with my DD, and not rushing to ride the big rides, and soaking up ambience, like in your pictures of your DD on the beach watching the nighttime H2O parade!!!! Any other special ideas for Mommy and Me not to miss?

I'm looking forward to snuggling in bed, and giggles and girly girl experiences!!
Old 12-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #34
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

great pictures. DD looks sooo cute and I see her hair stayed in the classic princess style for the next day. I'm assuming you made her shirt and bow?? Both were soooo cute. I'm looking forward to seeing homemade creations every day and wishing my mom or I knew how to make them lol.

can't wait to read more!!

Old 12-27-2007, 10:01 AM   #35
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

[QUOTE=PrincessEmilysMommy;22288087] I had the exact same thing happen to me, not at Disney, but my dd's first Christmas pictures were on it. I called the rental car company back in total tears. I said, I'm not accusing anyone of anything. Quite frankly I don't care about the camera, it's the memory card I want. My daughters first Christmas pictures are on there. He put me on hold, came back and said they found the memory card, but no camera. I don't know where the camera went, I was just glad I had my pictures./QUOTE]

Thank goodness you got those pictures back but how mysterious is that, that he put you on hold and found your memory card but not your camera. Sounds pretty fishy to me.

Lovin' your TR so far. The pictures with your DD playing games with the characters are great. Too bad it's only in Sept and Oct, we;re going in Nov, oh well you can't win them all, right?

Laura

Old 12-27-2007, 06:57 PM   #36
cdotla
Trish

DAY 2 - CONTINUATION OF OUR MORNING IN EPCOT

After we finished up a quick visit in Future World it was almost 11am and time for World Showcase to open.

Normally we always start in Mexico and hit the two rides at the first two pavillions, but since we didn't have much time today in Epcot as we were doing the Halloween Party, we decided to start out at "Home", i.e. Canada.

The new Canadian film had just recently launched and I wanted to ensure that we fit this into the schedule. Obviously we did not get a chance to see this in May.

As we left Test Track and began to make our way to the Canadian Pavillion I was so very proud of DD who immediately recognized the Canadian buildings from our last visit in May.

We walked around outside the beautiful gardens and I snapped some pictures of DD with the waterfalls in the background.

Nothing like going to another Country to take photos of Canadian scenery - ha, ha!

We then went inside to take a break from the hot sun and wait for the next showing of the new documentary film, O Canada. While waiting the CM asked a lot of Canadian trivia questions and then asked whether anyone in the audience was from Canada. DD got a real kick out of being in the spotlight and for the very first time we were the only Canadians in the audience!

Although I was hoping that the recent renovation would have added some type of bench seating (as in Norway), no such luck!

While there is no doubt that the new film is far better than its predecessor, overall I left a little disappointed as there are many areas of Canada simply not shown in the movie. While obviously you can't do justice to every region in the country in such a short film, I did feel that certain regions were particularly slighted. Although I am not from there, I think Prince Edward Island was completely overlooked and it is one of the most prominent international tourist draws in the country - can you say Anne of Green Gables?

Oh well. At least it beats that outdated 1970s film footage anyday!

After bidding "farewell" to "...our Home and Native Land", we then headed onwards to the UK.

We were lucky to arrive just as Mary Poppins and Pooh and the Gang were coming out for photos:

Then we hopped over to France and did some shopping. France is my favourite place to shop in all of Disney!

While here we ran into another familiar face:

And again in German we caught up with more friends:

By now our tummys were rumbling and it was time to head over to Norway for our Princess Lunch at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. Stay tuned for more Princesses!!!

Last edited by cdotla; 01-01-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:01 PM   #37
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Pics =

report =
Old 12-27-2007, 07:42 PM   #38
cdotla
Trish

I was quite surprised that DD's BBB hair stayed in place overnite to allow us to wear it the next day. The only reason we did this was because we were attending the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party the day after her BBB appointment and once again she would be wearing her Princess dress.

And I also must confess: None of the custom outfits being modelled by DD were my creations. I only shopped for them on ebay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
great pictures. DD looks sooo cute and I see her hair stayed in the classic princess style for the next day. I'm assuming you made her shirt and bow?? Both were soooo cute. I'm looking forward to seeing homemade creations every day and wishing my mom or I knew how to make them lol.

can't wait to read more!!
Old 12-27-2007, 08:11 PM   #39
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Great pics! I love all the shots with characters....you met so many in a short amount of time!
Old 12-27-2007, 08:39 PM   #40
cdotla
Trish

DAY 2 - PRINCESS LUNCH AT AKERSHUS ROYAL BANQUET HALL

Remember when I said that despite the last minute nature of this trip, with some flexibility in our schedules we managed to secure all of the dining reservations that we wanted? Well this one was certainly high on the list of our most wanted ADRs.

We had such a fantastic experience here with our family in May with respect to both the service and the food. It was no exception this time around.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get the time that I wanted - ideally 11:45am or so. I believe our reservation time was around 1:15 -1:30pm - during the peak lunchtime dining hour.

On our last trip in May when we arrived at 11:40am for our 11:45am reservation the place was packed and unfortunately we were outside in the hot sun waiting at least 10-15 minutes before we were called inside. This time we were outside for more like 20 minutes before we were called. In the HOT sun. Very tired and cranky.

However, once we were inside those doors and the feel of cold air conditioning, the smell of delicious food, and the sight of lovely Princesses washed over us, we returned to our Happy Place!

Before we were seated we had a chance to pose for a picture with Belle. On our last visit in May it had been Princess Aurora who greeted us at the door for our first photo so it was nice for some variety.

Of course we were both hoping that it would have been DD's favourite Princess, Ariel, as she had not been present at the meal on our last visit in May, but no such luck! Maybe DD shows a bit of this disappointment in the photo - LOL!

After our photo we were shown to our seats. Our server arrived immediately to take drink orders and then took our orders. While we were invited to visit the Salad/appetizer Buffet at any time, at any of these Character Buffets I am always so hesitant to leave my seat for fear that the moment I do so the characters will arrive!

Sure enough, no sooner had our drinks been delivered and orders taken the first of the Princesses started coming around to the tables. Needless to say, I stayed put!

Our first visit was with Princess Jasmine, who coincidentally was the same Princess who we had met first in May. During our May Trip, Princess Jasmine had the routine down-pat. She had a little spiel down pat and was quick and efficient in posing for pictures and signing autographs. Perhaps a little too quick. She quickly left those coming behind her in the dust! This Jasmine spent a bit more time talking at the table.

Next up was Cinderella. By now Cinderella was almost a member of the family. After all, we had dined with her no less than 6 occasions in the past 4 months!

Next came Princess Aurora, another very familiar face:

Finally, after I was sure that Princess Ariel would not be making an appearance, she arrives! DD was soooo excited! She kept watching Ariel as she made her way around the tables until finally she arrived at ours.

Unfortunately, Princess Ariel spent the least amount of time at our table than any of the other Princesses. And she was the only Princess who we had never met before.

Although we had planned to meet Ariel in her Grotto during our May Trip, the line up to do so was over an hour in the hot sun. With a 2 year old son in tow, this was obviously impossible! This was DD's biggest disappointment on our May Trip and she sent constant reminders before our September Trip that on our First Day at the Magic Kingdom we would be at Ariel's Grotto when it opened!

While DD didn't seem too disappointed that Ariel left so abruptly, I certainly was. In fact, Ariel left so quickly she had to be called back to our table just to sign our Autograph Book! I did tell DD that Ariel had a lot of other little girls to meet that day who would not be able to see her the following morning at her Grotto.

Fortunately, I think the picture that we took with Princess Ariel was the best of any of the Princesses. This Ariel looked amazing and she certainly knew how to pose for the camera!

As for the food, as mentioned earlier, I think it is Fantastic here! Both times we attended we came for Lunch and both times it was great. During our May Trip my Mother ordered the stew which looked fantastic so I knew what to order this time! It was wonderful! In May I had the fish which was good but not like the stew.

For dessert they bring out a wonderful sampler platter for the table to share which I think is such a great thing (except if you are dining with people with whom you wouldn't care to eat off the same plate!) All three desserts on the platter were great and between the two of us, we finished almost every piece.

After Lunch, we left for CBR to get changed and cleaned up for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Without a doubt this was the Best Experience of our Whole Trip. Stay tuned as that is up Next!

Last edited by cdotla; 01-01-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:45 PM   #41
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

seems like a nice lunch and you got some great princess pics.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:13 PM   #42
chiefdragon
DIS Veteran

I have done this lunch with my DD, both when she was 1 and when she was 2. Both times I ran into the same thing. The princesses seemed to be rushed. I also had it whre she was sleeping when we first got there so we had to get our picture taken at the door after she had woke up. But there were really willing to work with us.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:47 PM   #43
tadamom
DIS Veteran

Great pics!!!!!! Can't wait to hear about the Halloween party!!!
October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort with the whole fam! October 2010 - All Star Movies --1st family trip with just the 4 of us!!! Awesome!
September 2012 - All Star Sports w/the whole family! B'day trip for Michael!

Old 12-27-2007, 11:26 PM   #44
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I love the princess pictures. I can't wait to hear about the party!!! There is a P&PP all throughout my time at WDW this spring. I may break down and pay to go to the party to see what all that hype is about since I will not be around for the HP or MVMCP.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:39 PM   #45
Tink561
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: