Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2007, 10:35 AM   #16
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

I can't believe someone took your camera. People are so rude. I know actually how you felt. I didn't lose my camera but I lost a roll of film from the first time DS8 went to WDW. You can't replace things like that but at least you were able to recreate new ones. My DD is 2 now and her first trip will be when she's 4 so I guess BBB will be on our list to do. Thanks for sharing I can't wait to see and hear more.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:33 AM   #17
cdotla
Trish

You definitely won't regret BBB...in my opinion, it was the best value for your money in all of Disney. There is nothing quite like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Hi,
Followed you over from the BBB thread as I have 2 girls getting this done. Your TR is off to a great start. I am looking forward to hearing all about the trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2007, 11:37 AM   #18
cdotla
Trish

Wow! I would have loved to have an opportunity to work at the BBB while I was in College, although sadly it didn't exist back then!

Hopefully you won't mind all the moms who will post your picture making up their daughters on the Disboards - LOL!

You will have such a fantastic time delivering such special moments to families at BBB. I think it would have to be one of the best jobs going at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I found your TR from the BBB thread. I'm going to be working at the BBB starting in Jan, infact, I'm leaving in 9 days!!!

I loved your pics of your DD at the BBB. Her face is priceless when she sees the characters as well. I think my fav pic was her all dressed up looking at the fireworks on the beach. For some reason and I'm not sure why but it was just sooo cute!! When I was little, I had a similar pic (w/o the BBB makeover of course) but I was dressed up and i was facing the castle and had my picture taken.

I can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip considering I'll be living there for the next 5 months!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 03:56 PM   #19
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

I hopped over from my report. Love what you have so far. Sorry about your camera . I love the picture of your DD at BBB when they reveal her after the makeover, it's adorable!! You should definately try Poly again since you stayed there when you were little. The things that are great about the Poly you wrote in your report. How did you like CBR BTW?
Old 12-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #20
cdotla
Trish

CBR was FANTASTIC! It was very tropical-feeling with the white sandy beaches and Carribean colours throughout the resort. I wished we had more time to sit around and enjoy it but we were always on the go!

Without a doubt we will be back. While I haven't stayed at any other Moderates, I don't have to! I have a home here now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
I hopped over from my report. Love what you have so far. Sorry about your camera . I love the picture of your DD at BBB when they reveal her after the makeover, it's adorable!! You should definately try Poly again since you stayed there when you were little. The things that are great about the Poly you wrote in your report. How did you like CBR BTW?
Old 12-26-2007, 04:38 PM   #21
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

Your daughter is just too precious.

I am so sorry about your camera. Geezz..People are just so rude.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:30 PM   #22
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post

I think this is the best picture so far ....she DEFINITELY looks like a princess with everyone running around her to make it perfect!!!

Quote:
And finally, the Big Reveal:

I found your TR tonight.....it's wonderful and she is JUST PRECIOUS!!!!

Can't wait to read more
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~
Old 12-26-2007, 08:12 PM   #23
cdotla
Trish

Day 2: Little Ones Extra Magic Hour at Magic Kingdom

We decided to start our first day in the Parks off at the Magic Kingdom for the Special Little Ones Extra Magic Hour. We got up and ready and left our room by 7:10am, which I thought was rather impressive given our late nite the evening before.

We took our first lovely morning walk over the scenic bridge and garden paths from Jamaica over to Port Royale where the Food Court is located. This was such a lovely way to start the day!

We had a quick bite to eat at the Food Court, basically sharing an Adult sized Breakfast Platter. I was shocked at the portion sizes. In retrospect, we could have shared a child sized platter!!!

While I am not normally a picky eater, I did not find the food at the Food Court anything to rave about. It was edible and cheap and efficient and quick. That's about it!

After breakfast we made our way out to the bus depot just before 7:30am. Not 2 mins later the MK Bus arrives and took us right to the Magic Kingdom. We arrived right on schedule at about 7:50am. Overall the crowds were still fairly light and I was thrilled that we made it for park opening given the late nite the evening before!

Unfortunately, in DD's excitement of getting off the bus and skipping along the sidewalk to the turnstiles she ended up taking a spill just as the sidewalk slopes down a hill from the bus drop offs. She cut her knee rather badly and was starting to bleed and of course was crying up a storm!

I managed to carry her and our bags about 100 feet to the bag check and turnstiles, grabbed a stroller and then beelined it for the First Aid Station.

On my way up to First Aid (located up by Crystal Palace BTW!) I just had to snap a quick picture or two to capture how empty and serene Main Street was that morning! I loved seeing it with the Fall decorations, something new for me as I had only ever been to WDW in either May or July before.

While we ended up being one of the first 50 guests in the park that day, we ended up spending at least 10 mins at the First Aid Station having DD's knee cleaned up and bandaged.

The Nurse who attended to us that morning was Fantastic! She of course gave DD lots of stickers to amuse herself with while her wound was cleaned and also made us custom bandages to place inside our brand new Crocs in order to prevent blisters.

Eventually we made our way into Fantasy Land for the Little Ones Extra Magic Hour. Here are some great photos I took of DD with a number of characters there that morning:

Notice the skinned knee from earlier? Even in the presence of Ms. Minnie, I think for awhile DD was still distracted and in some pain from her earlier wipe out!

At first DD was a little shy to join the games already in session due to our late arrival following our First Aid pit stop. However, once she got in there she did really well and had a lot of fun. I thought these photos were priceless!

Playing Duck, Duck, Goose with Daisy and Minnie:

We then made our way over to Peter Pan and Wendy and played a game or two there.

At this point DD was done with the games and wanted to go on a ride. She chose Cinderella's Golden Carrousel and was adament about choosing her very own horse.

By this time it was about 8:40am and the Little Ones Extra Magic Hour was almost over. Our Park choice that day was Epcot so we left Fantasy Land and the Magic Kingdom and hopped on a monorail (and then another) before arriving at Epcot shortly after Park opening.

As we had been here before just 4 months earlier, we obviously did not intend to do every single ride. After all, the main point of the trip was to recapture lost photos and I am not someone who generally takes pictures on rides. So we hopped on Soarin with virtually no line and then immediately made our way to the Character Greeting Spot which we had missed entirely on our May Trip.

Standing in Line with our New Crocs:

Goofy!

Chip 'N Dale:

Pluto:

Minnie:

And...Meeting the Big Guy Himself!

I was so pleased with this location. Although we waited at least 20-30 mins (even at about 9:30 in the morning!) once we got to the head of the line we moved from character to character without any further wait. Therefore the wait time was completely justified in my opinion.

After this we spent an incredibly long amount of time in line at Test Track due to a malfunction. If I had known how long it was going to take I never would have waited but I kept thinking, "It should be any minute now!" Lesson learned! Had everything been working properly it likely would have been a 10 minute wait.

By then it was time for World Showcase to open so we began to make our way over there.

Last edited by cdotla; 01-01-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #24
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

you got great pics now.

glad her knee wasn't too bad.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:52 PM   #25
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Just found your report. Your daughter is beautiful. I am so glad the two of you were able to go back and 'recapture' some of those lost photos. I can't wait to read and see more.

Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
Old 12-26-2007, 09:25 PM   #26
tadamom
DIS Veteran

Lovin' the trip report so far and your DD is beautiful (as are her clothes!!)!!! Can't wait to read more!!
June 2004 - Michael's 1st trip to Disney World -- Old Key West May 2007 - Parker's 1st trip to Disney World -- Pop Century & 4 nights @ SSR Grand Villa October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort with the whole fam! October 2010 - All Star Movies --1st family trip with just the 4 of us!!! Awesome!
September 2012 - All Star Sports w/the whole family! B'day trip for Michael!
[COLOR="Lime"]November 2013 - Coronado Springs! B'day trip for Parker![/COLORMarch 2014 - 1 night at Pop Century for SIL's Disney wedding!

Old 12-26-2007, 11:08 PM   #27
pl'smama
A distant relation

What a great TR so far!!! So sorry about your camera, but it brought you and your DD back to the world for a wonderful trip!

Your DD's BBB photos are priceless! What a darling she is and her expression is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing them!

Can I ask you, where did you view the Electrical Water Parade and Wishes from? I know you were at the Poly somewhere, but where exactly ( if you can remember please)? Do you know if you can view the EWP from the Grand Floridian? We have ressies for the dinner at Park Fare one night and I would to see the EWP after we eat. Perhaps it would be better for us to head over to the Poly for the show!

Can't wait to read your next installment!

Suz

My awesome new blog www.MapleMouseMama.com
Old 12-27-2007, 05:44 AM   #28
PrincessEmilysMommy
Mouseketeer

I am loving your trip report. Thank you for linking me. I'm so sorry about your camera. I had the exact same thing happen to me, not at Disney, but my dd's first Christmas pictures were on it. I called the rental car company back in total tears. I said, I'm not accusing anyone of anything. Quite frankly I don't care about the camera, it's the memory card I want. My daughters first Christmas pictures are on there. He put me on hold, came back and said they found the memory card, but no camera. I don't know where the camera went, I was just glad I had my pictures.

I booked 1900 park Fare for dinner. Thank you for the pictures. They made my decision easy!

Your dd is beautiful! I love her Mickey top.......if you're interested in selling, please pm me.

Can you tell me more about the Little Ones Extra Magic Hour? I've never heard of that.

Thanks so much!
Old 12-27-2007, 05:50 AM   #29
cdotla
Trish

Basically, we just walked out to the pool area at the Poly and the Beach starts literally at the end of the pool. You can't miss it!

I thought it was the best spot to view the Fireworks, and I had also heard in advance that the Poly had the best chance of a simultaneous viewing of both the Parade and the EWP which worked out really well for us.

After hearing some fairly negative reviews of the EWP (along the lines of it being so pathetic that WDW should just retire it), I wasn't overly concerned about fitting it into our schedule. Boy, was I glad I did! I thought it was great. Very nostalgic. But then again, I am a total "Classic" Disney fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl'smama View Post
What a great TR so far!!! So sorry about your camera, but it brought you and your DD back to the world for a wonderful trip!

Your DD's BBB photos are priceless! What a darling she is and her expression is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing them!

Can I ask you, where did you view the Electrical Water Parade and Wishes from? I know you were at the Poly somewhere, but where exactly ( if you can remember please)? Do you know if you can view the EWP from the Grand Floridian? We have ressies for the dinner at Park Fare one night and I would to see the EWP after we eat. Perhaps it would be better for us to head over to the Poly for the show!

Can't wait to read your next installment!

Suz
Old 12-27-2007, 08:03 AM   #30
Camping Griswalds
DIS Veteran

I have enjoyed your TR very much! I too am planning on a special "Mommy and Me" trip with my 3 yo DD. Like you we are leaving other family behind ( a DH and 2 siblings) and I was very concerned about the whole idea of doing not an entire family trip. BUT I am so looking forward to having this special experience with my DD, and not rushing to ride the big rides, and soaking up ambience, like in your pictures of your DD on the beach watching the nighttime H2O parade!!!! Any other special ideas for Mommy and Me not to miss?

I'm looking forward to snuggling in bed, and giggles and girly girl experiences!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: