Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2007, 10:15 PM   #166
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

another update already.....wow...nice.

CHH...my new favorite place to eat...

I wonder if people will come up to me at WDW? Or if I will? Who am I kidding of course I will.....I think.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:34 PM   #167
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

ohhh! dole whip floats!!! that pic made me crave one even more now!! great report of the day!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2007, 03:17 PM   #168
Miz Diz
I'll give up anything, as long as it isn't ice cream
And now my head is really spinningHe can't understand why he can't get me that excited.

Hey Hedy! I am enjoying your TR so far.
I like you encounter with Push. You didn't ask him how he knew your name, though.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #169
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Diz View Post
Hey Hedy! I am enjoying your TR so far.
I like you encounter with Push. You didn't ask him how he knew your name, though.
I had both LGMH's and SYMH's on my bag.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 12-17-2007, 03:31 PM   #170
Montana Disney Fan
GAT-Master Extraordinaire
A little off topic

We were both at MK the exact same morning! Dec 8th!

Great towel animals. You probably already knew this but we stayed right next door to you at Riverside.

The castle looks AWESOME at night! I wish I would have stayed to see that.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:10 AM   #171
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Great start to the report. Yikes, stuck at the resort with Pop Warner kids, I hope that you didn't experience any problems with them during your stay, I have heard horror stories....

The MK looks so beautiful with all its Christmas decorations. Very interesting that Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas was showing during the day. I thought it was a MVMCP exclusive show, guess not.

Can't wait to read more.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:51 AM   #172
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

I'm famous! I'm on YouTube!

way to keep with the times there Push

Sounds like you had such a fun day in the MK ... and just because Mickey and Minnie might have had a secret elopement and didn't have a billion dollar dream wedding doesn't mean they aren't married. By law at this point, even if they didn't have an official wedding, they would definitely fall under the guidelines of a common law marriage. No worries!

more, more, more .....
Old 12-18-2007, 09:10 AM   #173
Hedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbybeth View Post
I'm famous! I'm on YouTube!

way to keep with the times there Push

Sounds like you had such a fun day in the MK ... and just because Mickey and Minnie might have had a secret elopement and didn't have a billion dollar dream wedding doesn't mean they aren't married. By law at this point, even if they didn't have an official wedding, they would definitely fall under the guidelines of a common law marriage. No worries!

more, more, more .....
I seem to remember a "Minnie, Mickey's got a crush on you!" skit in an Xmas parade many years ago. I just found it funny you'd say that loud enough to be overheard.

I'm working on day 2, but I'm back at work and my best friend is coming to visit tomorrow (she moved in Chicago in August), so you might need to hang on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Great start to the report. Yikes, stuck at the resort with Pop Warner kids, I hope that you didn't experience any problems with them during your stay, I have heard horror stories....

The MK looks so beautiful with all its Christmas decorations. Very interesting that Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas was showing during the day. I thought it was a MVMCP exclusive show, guess not.

Can't wait to read more.
The cheerleaders weren't bad, I've just never seen so many thin teenager girls and tweens in one place in my life (and my neice does a pagent each year!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Disney Fan View Post
We were both at MK the exact same morning! Dec 8th!

Great towel animals. You probably already knew this but we stayed right next door to you at Riverside.

The castle looks AWESOME at night! I wish I would have stayed to see that.
I know! No Buzz sightings though. I'm sure all the men who were in the front row of the 3 pm Off Kilter show are still talking about the 20 something girl staring at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
ohhh! dole whip floats!!! that pic made me crave one even more now!! great report of the day!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
another update already.....wow...nice.

CHH...my new favorite place to eat...

I wonder if people will come up to me at WDW? Or if I will? Who am I kidding of course I will.....I think.
With youe entourage, you'll be hard to miss!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*

Old 12-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #174
Hedy

Chapter 3: A broccoli post, or Epcot

Sunday started bright and early. By bright and early, I mean I started waking up around 5:30 going "Ooh, can I get ready yet?" I finally gave in around 6:15 (stitch was calling me around 6:30). I packed my string backpack with my wristlet, camera, two bottles of water, ipod, stick of sunscreen. I had planned on wearing my Figment shirt when I met Figment, but when I took it out it had weird spots on it. I think it's a flaw with that shirt, my old Figment shirt had those spots, then the clorox I tried to clean them with ate through the shirt. As I could not go to a theme park with a shirt that started off dirty, I put on my Red Sox World Championship shirt (which I had planned on packing for the DIS meet at Jellyrolls I was going to anyway). I prepped my feet with Bodyglide and put on my LL Bean Coastal Crocs...I mean Clogs. I also applied some chafing stuff to my legs as I was wearing a skirt.

I stopped by the Sassagoula Floatworks Factory. I was surprised that for a food court that seemed so dinky, they appeared to by handling crowds as well as Riverside Mill would. I stopped by the sweet section and ordered beignets. There was a wait, but they were very efficient in serving them out. I did find myself wondering; however, if WDW is so into enviromentality why they use styrofoam to go containers confused3. I got my beineits-they were hot and fresh. I had a knife and fork so as not to sully my shirt . They were very good-lighter than the ones I had at the Big E (New England exposition) in September. I finished my beignets and grabbed some more Coke in my refillable mug.

I head to the bus stop. I boarded the Epcot bus, and headed to Epcot. Asa I got off the bus, the drivers gave me a baseball card with WDW transport info on it. I went through bag check, and caught my first glimpse of the wandless ball . Last time I saw the ball wandless, there was a cake in the MK. I like it well enough. I waited in line. I was in line behind an adorable British family of a mother, father, and two sweet blonde girls (8 and 6, maybe). The little one was wearing an "I'm not naughty, I'm autistic" button. They were taking pictures of each other-girls, mommy and girls, daddy and girls. I watched them for a while. I'm always hesitant to talk to strange kids-I know the world can be a scary place, and I can't say I wholly blame parents who discourage their kids interacting with strangers. But I offered to take their picture and they accepted gladly.

They let us into Epcot. I liked the topiaries a lot, but I had a larger mission-rope drop. I joined the rope drop stampede and we waited for the Track Car. It came, and a joined the heard of people trekking to Soarin'. The Sunshine Seasons staff was watching the mad dash-that would so be the entertainment of my day if I worked there. I got in line, and began the waiting game. I had my first feel view, and I lived. Then again, I had shoed feet-I'm not sure my clog-less feet were as pretty. I don't remember the DL at Xmas time the last time, but what do I know. As I was heading over to the Land ride, I saw some people getting dream fastpasses. My next stop, however, was Test Track. I love Test Track, except for the heat room (I squeeze my eyes shut to avoid a migraine). I did the single rider line, and pretty much walked right on. I then headed to Journey into Imagination. It was cute, but Figment was not yet out in his house. I asked the CM at Imagination. "He usually comes out around 10-10:30". Um, it's 10. I headed off to the land ride. It was packed-must have been Soarin' overflow. I got in line behind a mother with a girl about 2 in her arms.
"May I ask you a question?" Asked Mom.
"Sure!"
"Have you been on this ride before?"
"Yes, I have"
"Is it scary?"
"It's not too scary, but there are some fake alligators." Little miss was making it quite clear this was not happening.
I boarded the boat. I'm not too crazy about the scenes, but I love the greenhouse-and look, it was decorated. [picture]. I then met Figment
I had lunch at Sunshine Seasons-I had the vegetarian plate, which consisted of steamed broccoli, noodles, rice and fried veggie mix-it was very good, and fresh-I think it's the hotplates. In fact, Sunshine Season may be my new favorite CS. After Lunch, I headed into Nemo.
The queue was really well themed ; however, are the Imaginers off in the head? The queue thingy is three bars perfectly placed to play on. Hey, I know, let's take one of the few rides for small kids at Epcot, which is ripe with Pixar characters, and take a bunch of over-excited little kids who are at WDW, and stick them in a queue ripe for playing on. confused3 confused3. I liked the Nemo ride-I thought it was cute, and I'd think it'd help some parents get a day at Epcot. I then headed into Turtle Talk with Crush-I agree with MrsKSomeday, it is a little hard to figure out where you're going. I sat down. It was cute as always. During the first audience interaction, Crush asked a kid her name "I don't know!" During the "tell Squirt what people do at the beach" segment, apparently someone in the peanut gallery didn't get to answer, as he raised his hand with a question and then said "I like to swim"

I was off to World Showcase-I really liked the tree. I stopped in Mexico. I then headed to Norway for schoolbread-I liked in, but am not sure it's worth its cult status (it was better than the lefse last year, though.) The line for Maelstrom was too long for my tastes, so I headed on to Rosa Regale-ville, I mean Italy. I got my Rosa Regale-I'd been planning on buying a bottle, but the price esp. when i'd be blanketing it in a t-shirt and praying it made it home in one piece.

I then headed onto the American adventure. The Voices of Liberty were singing, and excellent. We were directed into the hall. I liked all the flags. I wasn't really expecting much for the show. Was it blandified-yeah, probably. But there were some things that impressed me: the mention of the higher taxes Britons were paying over the colonies, and the mention of the Native American slaughter. It did bother, me, however, there was no post-WWII audio-anamatronics-why not a 1960's one? I think part of it was that on Pearl Harbor day I was pondering how long it’ll be before September 11 is as distant to us as Pearl Harbor day.

Buzz had said he was going to be at the 2:30 Off-Kilter show. The Times Guide listed a 2 and 3 O'clock show, so I had to play a game of WWBuzzDo. I figured he would opt for more drinking before the show, and go at three, so I hoofed it over to the Off Kilter show. No Buzz, but the men Buzz's age in the front row probably went home all "Dude, this 20-something girl was all staring at me today..." So I headed back to France and got a Grand Marnier Slush . Sakes alive, Disney does not use a light hand with the booze. As I was sitting in France, my phone rang and it was Mom. (sidenote to gentle reader-this conversation will be on the test)
"Hi, dear, bad news."
"Oh?"
"I found a Key Lime pie to ship home for Christmas, but it costs too much."
"Ok....Are you having fun?"
"Yes, I took a trolley tour and have seen a lot of cats."
"Do you have your camera?" (She managed to leave all 4 disposable cameras at home when she went to Seattle in July).
"Yes, I got a new one at Ocean State."
I then checked if there were any countries she didn't want to do, but she was game for all of them. I browsed in England, checked out Papa Noel in Canada. I had a 7 pm DIS meet at Jellyrolls to go to. I elected to head out to get dinner at 5.

I exited through International Gateway, and took the boat to Beach Club. I walked to the Beach Club lobby. I like the Beach Club, but I don't know I'd want to stay there...it looks like a hotel on Martha's Vineyard, where I go every summer. I reached Beaches and Cream. I was surprised by how small it was. I was seated quickly, as I was wiling to sit at the counter. I ordered a boca burger and a coke with chocolate syrup. The roll and fries were great-you could tell they were homemade, and the Boca burger is very good. Crystal was my waitress and she was excellent. I had planned on getting a No Way Jose, but when I saw the size of it, I passed.
I walked to the Boardwalk, and browsed in the shop there. I hung up in the lobby for a while. I took some pictures of their gingerbread house . The manager was talking about Samantha Brown being there and how she loves the BW. I stopped to call Planet Hollywood for my lunch there on Wednesday.

The Atlantic dance Hall was closed for the Suzuki company party, so people in cocktail dresses and heels kept on trekking by us. I went into Jellyrolls. I felt a little like an unpopular highschool girl-where's my clique? Fortunately, I saw someone with a lime green DIS shirt on, so I figured out I was in the right place.
"Is this the DIS meet?"
"Yes."
"I'm Heather."
"Hi..."
"Hi, I'm Heather AKA Hedy."
"Oh, hi Hedy!" I met CamColt, TLinden16 (Jellyrolls queen), goofy4Tink, Danny1649, magiroux, and Jen, who has no SN and was ashamed to be with us Bostonians as she's a Y******* fan. CamColt also made the very important call home to assure that the Pats one-then some ladies in Steelers Jersies wandered in.
It was great fun, save for the bratty first-year teachers in the front row who kept on heckling the pianomen to play "Girls just wanna have fun" and the increase of smoke towards the end. I had a good time, but I think i would have had a better time if I'd gone with more people in my age bracket. When I left Jellyrolls, Disney transport had stopped running to Epcot (I'd only planned on staying an hour ). I went to Boardwalk to catch a cab. At POR in March 06, you had to have the bellman catch a cab for you, but at Boardwalk you can just walk to them. I got home safely and went to bed.
This way to Chapter 4

Last edited by Hedy; 12-22-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:19 PM   #175
Montana Disney Fan
A little off topic

That's an awesome place for a DIS meet. I was there Thursday and Saturday night. Two of the piano guys are better than the other two.

What a great Epcot day for you!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:39 PM   #176
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

epcot at rope drop? what a novel concept.

I also love seasons.....they have great sandwiches.

it sounds like a wonderful day at epcot.

Jellyrolls.....great w/ the right people. FYI Tuesday night is CM night and it's usually hopping w/ folks your age.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:01 PM   #177
Hedy

Day 3: AK

Monday started bright and early. I dressed in a quick drying shirt, capris, and my Teva Mush flip-flips. I passed on breakfast (I have an award-winningly nervous stomach) and filled up my refillable mug with hot chocolate. Plans for today were AK in the morning, then MGM in the evening, where I was meeting up with my friend M.
I got to AK.. I went in the normal entrance. I headed to Discovery Island for rope drop. We waited. And waited. Around 8:10, a little voice yelled out “Where’s Mickey?” Sounds like someone had gotten the schedule run down. LOL. Finally, we saw the expedition .

I joined in the dash off to Expedition Everest. I wasn’t totally in love with it when I rode in 2006 in soft-opening-I felt like my stomach was still at the top of the drop. I’d read on the boards it was like Splash’s drop, but it wasn’t. YoungerNephew’s review of EE once it was open was “I didn’t like that ride,” which seemed to cement my opinion. However, I liked EE a lot more this time than the last-I don’t know if it’s smoother now that it’s open, or my expectations are more realistic, but I liked it. So I’m glad I tried it again. J I then headed back to Kilomanjaro Safaris. This had a posted 20 minute wait that felt like it-I really wish they’d start up a solo rider line for KS. I got an aisle seat. The animals were out and great-there were a bunch of the baby animals out.

After we saved Big Red, I headed off to the Nemo show. I really liked the musical-I thought the songs were good (they didn’t seem forced), and I was really impressed by the puppetry. Plus, they kept in the lobstahs talking . My notes indicate that I recommend this show highly.
I headed to Dinoland. I really liked the cheesy Xmas decorations they had here-very true to theme. I got in line for Primeval Whirl. I like PW, but I hate how you rattle around if you’re a solo rider. I thought it might just be because I’m large, but I was discussing it with my friend M, who’s about half my size, and she has the same problem. I then criss-crossed AK for my ADR at Tusker house…

Old 12-22-2007, 09:32 PM   #179
Hedy

Quote:
I too like Nemo.....not really a musical guy and I liked it.
I wasn't expecting to dislike it, but I was surprised at how much I liked it. UM likened it to Aladdin at DCA, which I thought was an apt comparison.
Quote:
epcot at rope drop? what a novel concept.

I also love seasons.....they have great sandwiches.

it sounds like a wonderful day at epcot.

Jellyrolls.....great w/ the right people. FYI Tuesday night is CM night and it's usually hopping w/ folks your age.
Good to know, it's not that I had a bad time, it's just that songs everyone knows is so aged-based.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Disney Fan View Post
That's an awesome place for a DIS meet. I was there Thursday and Saturday night. Two of the piano guys are better than the other two.

What a great Epcot day for you!
It was my first time there, I plan to return.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:52 PM   #180
Montana Disney Fan
A little off topic

Please tell me you did the "Bird Show".

I fell down immediately after getting of PW. Haven't ridden it since.

I've never done Nemo. Gotta give it a day in court next year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: