Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #151
Montana Disney Fan
GAT-Master Extraordinaire
A little off topic

I'll track her down for you guys and get some pictures.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:47 PM   #152
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

ohhhhhhh you better be having fun over there!!!!!!! can't wait to read all about it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #153
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Have a great time.
Will do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Disney Fan View Post
I'll track her down for you guys and get some pictures.
Buzz! I missed you at WS! You'd said the 2:30 Off Kilter show, so I played WWBuzzDo with the times, and thought you'd go to the 3 o'clock to get more beer in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
ohhhhhhh you better be having fun over there!!!!!!! can't wait to read all about it!
I am, I am.

Hi all! WDW is wonderful. You know that NYC commercial-"I love New York-now, more than ever?" Well, I love WDW now, more than ever.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 12-10-2007, 09:40 PM   #154
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Did we know you were going to have access to a computer?

Nice to hear that you're having a good time.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:45 PM   #155
Hedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Did we know you were going to have access to a computer?

Nice to hear that you're having a good time.
I didn't think it was relevant
Today was the first time I'd been online since Friday. Apparently I missed a fight between Pop Warner teams at the ASSp on Saturday, as well as a pistol-packing grandma. This is why I need a smart phone.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*

Last edited by Hedy; 12-10-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:36 AM   #156
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

ooooh you're THERE!!! Hope you're having an amazing time and I just can't wait to see pictures!
Old 12-11-2007, 10:40 AM   #157
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

we missed the pistol packing grandma too! hahahahah!
Old 12-15-2007, 08:56 PM   #158
Hedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbybeth View Post
ooooh you're THERE!!! Hope you're having an amazing time and I just can't wait to see pictures!
I saw Ethel in the Food Court and thought of you and your parents.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:08 PM   #159
Hedy

I'm back!
Stay tuned for:
*Food pictures
*Interactions with other guests
*Lots of me droning on and on.
And answers to some pressing questions:
*Did I meet the Dream Team?
*Why is the title of this TR what it is?
*And why, exactly, has Hedy been posting on the bounceback thread?

Old 12-16-2007, 11:25 AM   #161
Hedy

After finishing up most of my packing on Friday night, I went to bed a little early. I set my phone’s alarm to go off at four. Mom also set her phone, figuring we could use the buddy wakeup system. I woke up when my alarm went off. I dressed and put the last few items in my bag (nightshirt, stuffed cat). Mom finished up packing-she’d downsized to a purse, her LL Bean backpack, which she was carrying on, her small suitcase and a small duffle bag. I, meanwhile, being the bag lady I am , had my large purple suitcase, with a duffle bag crushed up inside, a carry-on purple suitcase, and a messenger bag with my laptop.
We were taking a taxi to the airport. It arrived a few minutes early, which is a rarity for people coming to our house (our street starts off as being Street A, but we live on Street B). We chatted with our driver. When he heard where I was going, he wanted to know if I was drinking around the world. We reached Logan fairly quickly and we dropped Mom at American Airlines for her flight to Miami, where she would connect to Key West. Our driver commented on the cat hair on my suitcase. We headed over to the Jet Blue terminal. I hopped out, checked my bag, and went through security easily. I stopped at Starbucks for a Peppermint Mocha Frappucino, and also had a Larabar. I headed to my gate, and sat down.
I turned on my iPod and started listening to all the WDW podcasts I had been hoarding. It was an easy flight to Orlando. We arrived at MCO. I boarded the fake monorail and headed to the terminal. The first thing I saw was the big tree by the MCO Hyatt, which I thought was a nice welcome. I headed over to the DME desk in Terminal B. I found the signage over there a little lacking, if I hadn’t had my map and done my homework on the DIS, I think I might have had a hard time finding it. The DME desk in terminal B feels more official than the olds area I was in in March of 06. I checked in at 10:10. I boarded my bus, which took people to POFQ, POR, SSR and OKW, at 10:20.

I reached POFQ check in by 11. The lobby was packed-POFQ was cheerleader run-off for Pop Warner, and you could tell. There was a line to check-in, but the manager was out handing out folders, encouraging you to just have one person in your party check in, and apologizing. Man, I love CM’s. I checked in….and my room was ready! I was thrilled. The nice CM checking me in told me he thought Mousekeeping was on RedBull. I asked about the water I’d had shipped to the resort. He typed some stuff on his computer and I heard the pause of doom( I work in customer service, so I know a pause of doom when I hear it). One phone call later, it turned out my water was there but the box was broken. I headed to my room. It was number 2319. I could not have asked for a better room:
*Former smoking room, but I didn’t smell it at all.
*Third floor, nice for a female traveling alone, and right near the elevator.
*Easy walk to the main building
*And…a Wishes view, which we only found out about the last day.
I had some friends waiting for me in my room:

I unpacked, and bounced off to the bus stop for the MK.

This way to CH. 2

Last edited by Hedy; 12-16-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:55 PM   #162
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Ohhhh! Cute towel animals!! Sounds like your trip there went as smoothly as possible...always a great sign!
Old 12-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #163
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
I saw Ethel in the Food Court and thought of you and your parents.
oh what a riot! She's a fun lady

Quote:
I'm back!
Stay tuned for:
*Food pictures
*Interactions with other guests
*Lots of me droning on and on.
And answers to some pressing questions:
*Did I meet the Dream Team?
*Why is the title of this TR what it is?
*And why, exactly, has Hedy been posting on the bounceback thread?
oooooooh! On the edge of my seat, definitely ....

Quote:
I stopped at Starbucks for a Peppermint Mocha Frappucino, and also had a Larabar.
YUM! I love Starbucks, especially their holiday drinks!

Quote:
*And…a Wishes view, which we only found out about the last day.
I had some friends waiting for me in my room:

I unpacked, and bounced off to the bus stop for the MK.
Wishes view? From POFQ? NIIICE!

and looks like you had some friendly faces waiting for you - did you get any more during your stay?

and most importantly, did you stay sunburn free?
Old 12-16-2007, 06:52 PM   #164
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

It seems like you had a great start to your vacation even with the cheerleaders...
Old 12-16-2007, 10:08 PM   #165
Hedy

The bus to MK was crowded, which to me was kind of a no-duh-it’s a Saturday in December, of course the bus is going to be crowded. I got there. I started bouncing when I saw my first peek of the castle. I entered my ticket (I much prefer the new bioscan than the old peace sign one) and I was in. .
If walking down Main St and Cinderella’s Castle ever doesn’t make me tear up, something is terribly wrong. The Family Fun Day Parade (????) was going on, I caught a quick glimpse of Pluto .

I headed through Adventureland and made my beeline for Splash Mountain-my traditional first ride. I got my FastPass, and headed towards the HM. While in line, I overheard someone spot my LGMH and say wistfully “Oh, she’s a DISer,” but they did not introduce themselves. I really liked the refurb. I like the creaking, and the staircase. I also \thought the bride in the attic was well done. After that, I headed over to Splash. It was good, it was hot enough I liked the water cannons, but it does look like it needs the refurb. I was wearing one of those sunscreened, moisture wicking shirts from Land’s End, and it was dry by the time I reached Liberty Square. I wanted to grab a late/mid-Parade lunch at CHH, but that wasn’t going to happen. I went to see Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor. Michelle had been lukewarm on it, so I was curious. I got picked to be the red tag person-see? I thought it was good, but I thought the audience could play a bigger part in it being good or bad than with Crush. I then went on the CoP. I love the classic, but the last scene is soo dated-I don’t know why they don’t update it-maybe because they were going to close it? Enrout to Main St, I ran into Push.
Me: Hello, Push!
Push: Hello...Hedy?
Me: Heather.
Push: Hello, Heather. We match! (my shirt was turquoise)
Me: We do!
Push: How do you know my name?
Me: It says it on your can.
Push: That's not how you know my name...
Me: You're famous!
Push: Yeah I'm famous, I'm on Youtube!

I headed to Main Street, where I bought a Minnie Santa hat, autograph book, and Penny book. I was hungry now-I headed to Adventureland’s Eggroll cart, but it wasn’t there. So I grabbed some fries and a Cokewithnoiceplease at Casey’s and headed to Mickey’s Twas the Night Before Christmas. I got a seat. Shortly after I sat down, the toddler in front of me toddled into the ground. Predictably, the toddler started crying. Its mother and grandmother went for water. I offered up a band-aid from my purse, the father was very happy. The show started. Band-aid father stage whispered “The character’s mouths are moving!” I really liked the articulated heads. I also thought the show was excellent. Some other patron, however, was outraged that Minnie and Mickey were in bed together as they are unmarried.

I had dinner at CHH-the Lighthouse Sandwich and a Cokewithnoiceplease. They were both good.

I then wandered Fanttasyland-I stopped to trade a couple of pins-I learned this trip that Hidden Mickey pins are my weakness. I saw Mickey’s Philharmagic. It was cute. I noticed that during the “Be our Guest” scene, during the instrumenmtal part, the pie explodes in Donalds face during “Pie and Pudding en flambé!” I thought it was cool. I then had a Dole Whip Float I rode Pirates, which I liked-I was really impressed with the Jack Sparrow audio-anamatronics. The tween girl in front of me kept on saying “Hi, Jack!” I thought it was cute.
As I walked down Main Street, I saw a family with TFW lanyards on. I focked them, but got no response. After determining that I do not like Spectromagic, I popped into the store to pick up a new KTTW holder and t-shirt with Cinderella’s Castle on it. I headed back to POFQ. It was a long wait for my water, but all in all it was good.
This way to Chapter 3

Last edited by Hedy; 12-18-2007 at 08:14 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: