Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2007, 03:44 PM   #106
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
If you like to talk to tomatoes,
If a squash can make you smile,
If you like to walk with potatoes,
Up and down the produce aisle,

...have we got a meal for you!!

(Freely adapted from the Vegggie Tales theme song.)

Glad you found a place to graze in Africa....

Kathy
Thank you!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 11-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #107
Hedy

Two Weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two weeks from right now, I'll be in the Magic Kingdom.

I trust you all had a good Thanksgiving? I did, thank you for asking.

Nothing much new on the trip planning front, save that I think I've figured out my packing strategy. I'm taking my big purple suitcase (checked), then I'm carrying on my small purple suitcase and my messenger bag with laptop. I may also pack a small duffle bag in my big suitcase just in case. I got some TSA locks at the mall last weekend (forgot to get them at Target) I'm packing my LL Bean purse in my small suitcase, and I'm also bringing my Sunshine Rewards string backpack.

I'm also making a things to buy list:
First day, as soon as I get into the magic kingdom or at Jackson Square Gifts: Pressed penny book, new autograph book, and a seasonal hat* (I'm flipflopping between Mickey, Minnie, Tink, and Princess). I am such a grown up.
Other times on the trip:
Christmas shirt of some sort
Perhaps something for YoungerNephew, unless I decide I like what I've gotten him already more than what I see
Grab bag from $10 store from ElderNephew
Christmas present for person I have in brother/in-law draw
Something for daughter of mom's friend's upcoming baby (they don't know what gender it is, so I'm thinking something other than Mickey ears)
Antenna toppers, as I now have a car which requires some
License plate frame
And you know there will be other stuff
*Which reminds me, if you were my lavender Red Sox hat, where would you be? I have my back up Tink hat, but I'll miss my Sox hat if I can't find it. It's become a running gag on the Jellyrolls meet thread that we're wearing Sox or Pats stuff, as a disproportionate amount of us are from MA.-ETA: Found-it was zipped in my messenger bag from when I was last in NYC...yes, I'm that girl who wears her Sox cap around NYC.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*

Last edited by Hedy; 11-24-2007 at 04:24 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #108
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Two Weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two weeks from right now, I'll be in the Magic Kingdom.

I trust you all had a good Thanksgiving? I did, thank you for asking.

Nothing much new on the trip planning front, save that I think I've figured out my packing strategy. I'm taking my big purple suitcase (checked), then I'm carrying on my small purple suitcase and my messenger bag with laptop. I may also pack a small duffle bag in my big suitcase just in case. I got some TSA locks at the mall last weekend (forgot to get them at Target) I'm packing my LL Bean purse in my small suitcase, and I'm also bringing my Sunshine Rewards string backpack.

I'm also making a things to buy list:
First day, as soon as I get into the magic kingdom or at Jackson Square Gifts: Pressed penny book, new autograph book, and a seasonal hat* (I'm flipflopping between Mickey, Minnie, Tink, and Princess). I am such a grown up.
Other times on the trip:
Christmas shirt of some sort
Perhaps something for YoungerNephew, unless I decide I like what I've gotten him already more than what I see
Grab bag from $10 store from ElderNephew
Christmas present for person I have in brother/in-law draw
Something for daughter of mom's friend's upcoming baby (they don't know what gender it is, so I'm thinking something other than Mickey ears)
Antenna toppers, as I now have a car which requires some
License plate frame
And you know there will be other stuff
*Which reminds me, if you were my lavender Red Sox hat, where would you be? I have my back up Tink hat, but I'll miss my Sox hat if I can't find it. It's become a running gag on the Jellyrolls meet thread that we're wearing Sox or Pats stuff, as a disproportionate amount of us are from MA.-ETA: Found-it was zipped in my messenger bag from when I was last in NYC...yes, I'm that girl who wears her Sox cap around NYC.
That's alot of bags...Can I call you the WDW bag lady?

When I went to WDW/DCL in Dec 05, alot of the stuff I bought for people doubled as Xmas gifts.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:32 PM   #109
Hedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
That's alot of bags...Can I call you the WDW bag lady?

When I went to WDW/DCL in Dec 05, alot of the stuff I bought for people doubled as Xmas gifts.
Heck, I'm the everywhere bag lady.

I'd been planning to do more shopping down there, but then I started to worry that I wouldn't find stuff that people would like down there, plus waiting to finish my shopping until mid-December would drive me nuts. I figure YoungerNephew should be easy, as well as my exchange person.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #110
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Heather,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post

I'd been planning to do more shopping down there, but then I started to worry that I wouldn't find stuff that people would like down there, plus waiting to finish my shopping until mid-December would drive me nuts.

Well, you could always try to do as much of it as you can before you leave and "wrap things up", so to speak, when you get to WDW!

I agree with you... I would be too nervous to plan on doing too much Christmas shopping while I was there.... too much pressure!

You're getting close now!!

Kathy
Old 11-27-2007, 08:33 PM   #111
Hedy

Today I was again reminded why the DIS impresses me. As those of you who have been subjected to my to do lists have known, I needed to buy spray sunscreen. A couple of weeks ago, Abbybeth PMíd me and said she and her parents had some left over, would I like it? I said I would, thank you. Two bottles arrived today. : :

This sort of thing is what continuously wows and impresses me about the DIS. Iíve been engaging in various internet communities for years (Iíve had some sort of blog since 1999). The DIS has got to be one of the most caring ones Iíve seen.

In other news, my JetBlue rate dropped another $40. I was happy with what I paid in May (around $320 round-trip, MA to FL in December was ok by me.) However, the $90 I have in JetBlue credit will be put to good use, I anticipate.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:08 PM   #112
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Ohhhhh just caught up on the whole trip report...have a great time!! haha..my mom is the same way 'what do you want to do mom?' 'ohhh i don't know... you decide' 'do you want to see the Christmas lights?' 'oh sure...that sounds fun'...haha!
Old 11-29-2007, 01:45 PM   #114
quiltymom
Ears to you, kids!
Recognize the differences; experience it with open arms.

Hey Heather --

I just read your report. If I were you I'd be bouncing off every wall in the house! The last week and a half just fly by...

If you haven't cleaned your pennies yet, after trying many, many variations on a theme, here's what has worked best for me: Barkeeper's Friend. I put a bunch in a small bowl, add just enough water to make it a runny paste, and let them soak in that for a while. Then just rub the pennies between your fingers for a bit and most of the gunk will be off.

Also I found that the Self Seal wallet card-size laminating pouches by GBC (Purchased at Office Depot) worked wonderful for the LGMH's. I made a bunch with regular non-heat laminating film, and I was not happy with the results. This new stuff is thick enough to keep from tearing, a definite bonus. I just punched a threading hole at the top and was good to go.

What fun to be doing a solo trip. I wouldn't mind doing one myself sometime, but I know the kids wouldn't dream of letting me go alone. Do anything you want - don't worry if you'll be the only adult. Heck - Disney turns all of us into little kids!

I can't wait to hear how your trip goes. Have a blast!
DCL: 10/18-22/09, 4/13-17/14; POP: 10/22-24/09; POR: 10/13-20/07; WL: 3/28/05 - 4/2/05. Many visits to Disneyland, including Grad Nite '77, 6/02, 7/03, 7/11/05, 7/18/06 & 6/30-7/1/08, 7/12, GCH 8/9-11/10.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:53 PM   #115
Hedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiltymom View Post
Hey Heather --

I just read your report. If I were you I'd be bouncing off every wall in the house! The last week and a half just fly by...

If you haven't cleaned your pennies yet, after trying many, many variations on a theme, here's what has worked best for me: Barkeeper's Friend. I put a bunch in a small bowl, add just enough water to make it a runny paste, and let them soak in that for a while. Then just rub the pennies between your fingers for a bit and most of the gunk will be off.

Also I found that the Self Seal wallet card-size laminating pouches by GBC (Purchased at Office Depot) worked wonderful for the LGMH's. I made a bunch with regular non-heat laminating film, and I was not happy with the results. This new stuff is thick enough to keep from tearing, a definite bonus. I just punched a threading hole at the top and was good to go.

What fun to be doing a solo trip. I wouldn't mind doing one myself sometime, but I know the kids wouldn't dream of letting me go alone. Do anything you want - don't worry if you'll be the only adult. Heck - Disney turns all of us into little kids!

I can't wait to hear how your trip goes. Have a blast!
Thank you! I think I'm leaning towards vinegar, as I have it in the house. I checked out my options for laminating my LGMH's earlier this week, but I decided packing tape was the most economical option.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:21 PM   #117
Hedy

Single Digit Dance!

I was going to do a YouTube link to Papelbon's ALCS dance, but I can't find any with DIS appropraite comments.
Can I get a...single digit dance? It's crazy, for months I've been saying "Once x happens, I'll be that much closer to WDW," and suddenly the last few things (memorial mass, MD appt.) are coming up! I'm planning on doing a crazy run through the Ultimate packing checklist on Saturday, plus soaking my LGMH's and pennies.
I'm planning on having:
a dole whip
MK popcorn
school bread
bengeits
a Mickey ice cream cone

Any other must haves?

Old 11-29-2007, 07:00 PM   #118
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

a turkey leg

Do you like hummus? Tangierine Cafe has some good hummus.....
Old 11-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #119
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

a churro!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:58 PM   #120
Hedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
a churro!
I'll have to try one....I think I had one at that *other* Orlando park, but not at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
a turkey leg

Do you like hummus? Tangierine Cafe has some good hummus.....
LOL. I'll have to try the hummus.

Weather.com is going to be the death of me. I checked the forecast yesterday, and it was predicting rain in Boston, which doesn't help much with the parking vs. taxi airport dilemma. I checked it this morning, and it was predicting snow for Saturday. Nooooooooo! Now it's predicting partly cloudy. I'm breathing for now. It's scheduled to thunder in Orlando on Sunday, but I'll live.

In other news, I watched the two specials on the Travel Channel this week-I wasn't wowed by either, but that's JMO.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: