Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2007, 09:35 PM   #1
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

The Many Adventures of Tart Girl and Underdog... Western Oct 20, 2007

Disney Cruise No. 4 starring Robin as Tart Girl (also known as Tart Annihilator) and Mike as Underdog... also staring, the legendary disers called "The Konked Kruisers".
Robin here... with Mike looking over my shoulder. (This is a team effort.)

The build up for the cruise started over a year prior when we jumped on the October 20, 2007 dis thread. Two of the couples, Walt & Di and Cass & Rob, cruised with us in Oct of 2005.

We had booked a Cat 12 Gty hoping for an upgrade. We learned from our previous cruises that we don't spend much time in our room (As our fellow disers know) and chose to reserve an inside stateroom. And as look would have it... We got our upgrade. We got a porthole... stateroom 2566.

The time was getting near...and before we knew it, we were doing our
"Doc Dance" Now, packing has always been my job, as I am the "Master Packer".

As you can see... It's organized chaos... But I know where everything is.

October 19, 2007
The day had finally come...We flew out of Akron and we were in Florida in just over 2 hrs... Picked up our rental car and headed for Port Canaveral. We had a ressie at The Radisson. We would be gettting to the terminal about 10:30 tomorrow.

When we arrived at the Radisson, we decided to drive down to Flounder Rd. to check out the restaurants and see what ships that were in port. We turned in early that night only to wake up at 4:45 AM. All we could think of was The Magic coming in to port... So we got dressed and headed down to the channel.

Sure enough... we got out of the car and there she was, The Magic... coming in to port. She was so quiet, if you would have closed your eyes, you never would have known she was there. It was the greatest feeling.

It was finally here... we dropped our car off at budget and they transported us to the terminal. The gates weren't open yet... there was a line of people waiting to get in. As we looked at the line we started recogizing other Konked Kruisers. (Jen, Pete, Jeff, Scott, Mike...) What a rush.

We entered the terminal, got a No. 2 boarding pass, found a seat and watched for other KKers.

My only regret is that I didn't take any pics. I did have the video camera going most of the time. It was great seeing everyone that we had been talking to for the past 13 months.

We boarded the ship, walked through the atrium and ran into our server from our last cruise, Everlee. We talked and were happy to hear he had been promoted.

There was dis meet at 3:00 at the Mickey Pool. It was like watching a bunch of old friends. I never would have dreamed that we'd have such a great time together.

Stayed tuned for the crazy time at Rockin Bar D...

Cont....tomorrow.
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257

Last edited by Dyerneeds; 11-26-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:39 PM   #2
minnieandmickey
Queen of the run on sentence!

I'm staying tuned in (subscribing). I seriously need to know what actually happened in RockinBar D, can't believe we missed all the fun.
Great start Tart and Underdog
My life at Disney: DL - started in 1978 too many times to count. First time AP holder in 2012, spent a total of 14 days! WDW- 10th anniversary- May 1999(Dixie Landings), 2005(off site),2006(POP/POFQ),2007(WLV),2008(AKV),2011(OKW) DCL- 3 day Bahamas Wonder 2002, 4 Day Bahamas Wonder 2006, 7 day Western Caribbean Magic 2007, 20 days on the Magic 2008, B2B Panama Canal and 5 day double dip, Sarah's gradapalooza 4 day Bahamas on the Dream and 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2011, DLP, October 2013
Up next Best Aunt and Uncle WDW/DCL, taking DNiece on her first trip!, WBPC Cruise, May 2015, KK Reunion Cruise, Eastern Caribbean, October 2015
minnieandmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2007, 12:42 AM   #3
frdeb1999
DIS Veteran

Great start...can't wait to hear more!
frdeb1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:45 AM   #4
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Great start Robin and Mike....heres a shot of you boarding the ship...we were boarding on the other gangplank and got a great shot

I just love Robins expression!

Karen Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:37 AM   #5
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Mouse View Post
Great start Robin and Mike....heres a shot of you boarding the ship...we were boarding on the other gangplank and got a great shot

thats a great pic!!thanks for posting it.
its a good pic of me(underdog) because the video camera is covering up my
ugly mug.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:45 AM   #6
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieandmickey View Post
I'm staying tuned in (subscribing). I seriously need to know what actually happened in RockinBar D, can't believe we missed all the fun.
Great start Tart and Underdog

what happened on the magic, stays on the magic. right robin? honey,
sweetie
Old 11-18-2007, 07:54 AM   #7
millerpjm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post

what happened on the magic, stays on the magic. right robin? honey,
sweetie
Nope...Inquiring minds want to know about Rockin D bar...especially those of us that missed it!

Can't wait for the rest of the report!
Disney Magic October 2007
WDW January 1999
millerpjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #8
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Oooooh, this is going to be good!! This thread will explode during the Rockin Bar D posts.
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:18 PM   #9
GOS
Livin' for Disney holidays with great friends

Great start Robin and Mike
Heather crossing the Pond Sept 2014 9 days in WDW May 2014Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2012 travelling with my DIS friends in October 1114 days in FL - February 11Trip to California to see my US Sista - February 2010Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 24th October 2009 "Bash on the Boat" Jewel of the Seas - Cruise to Russia - 17th May 2009 Disney Magic - 15 day Repo Cruise 17th August 2008; Independence of the Seas - 4 day cruise - 2nd May 2008; Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 20th October 2007; Dawn Princess - 10 day cruise - 21st May 2007; Disney Wonder - 11 day cruise - 15th Sept 2006; Disney Wonder - 4 day cruise - October 2005; Carnival Glory - 7 day Cruise - January 2003; Disney Magic - 7 day Halloween Cruise - October 2001; Disney Magic - 7 Day Millenium Cruise - October 2000
GOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:43 PM   #10
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Cont. Day 1 on the Magic

...picking up from our 3:00 dis meet. We had to cut it a little short and get ready for our early dining.

We had previously arranged for a lot of us to link up our dining rotation. They accomodated us by putting a lot of us disers in the same vicinity of the room. Aside from a few initial problems, it worked out very well. It was great.

Our servers were Laura and Leesa. They were a little rough around the edges at first but settled in quickly. I think Mike threw them off with his quirky eating habits. Separate plates so his food doesn't touch? Come on.

After dinner, we went to the show... great, as usual. We then headed to Rockin Bar D with Walt & Di. We listened to the band, Elite... who, by the way were very good. They had a great rapport with they're audience and were a cute couple who had been married only 6 months.

After a little music Trent came out and asked for teams of 4 or 5 to partake in a scavenger hunt. So we volunteered.

For those of you disers who didn't get to see it that first night. Here's a little overview.

Mike & I and Walt & Di and Carrie. Cass was also with us and donated her lime from her drink which we had to put between our teeth and walk up to Trent.

Here's where the fun began. Each team was given a card with a team number on it. Trent would tell us to bring up our number and an item. When that item was impossible... you had to use your imagination. (eg. an elephant... you had to go up and do an elephant imitation) We had to be creative. For each task, we got a point and 2 points if it was creative.

Here's how it went...

One task was... your number and a navigator. We always carry one on with us, so we got a point.

As the game went on, it got a little tougher. Trent asked for a tattoo. Thanks for that Carrie. We got an extra point because she had a Mickey one.

We were kicking butt... Then Trent said... "Team no 1, how many people are on your team?" We said 5. He didn't believe us, so his next task was

"I want your no. and a woman wearing 3 men's belts." He then said. "Team no. 1 you have to have 6 belts because you have more people."

So I stood up and Mike and Walt gave me their belts. As I was putting them on, Carrie grabbed her dh's, Scott, and put it on me. We were out of people with belts so we put Walt & Di's Lanyard's around each of my legs and called them garter belts.
When I went up to show Trent, I only had 5 belts so I told him. "I also was wearing a chastidy belt that I couldn't show him." It worked.

We got the point.

Trent even asked for false teeth. Everyone looked at each other, thinking we were in trouble. Mike flew out of his seat and pulled out his partial. I wish you could have seen the faces on the other disers. (he had a cyst that caused him to lose some bone and a front tooth)

Cass replied, "You guys are made for this game."

At one point, Trent asked for a man wearing lipstick. So I pulled some out of my purse, which I rarely carry, and started putting it on Mike. He said,
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I handed him the number and shoved him out there.
Another point.

At another point, Trent asked for a man wearing a bra... there was a silence in our group and I thought... Oh, Crap... No one is doing it, I'm going to have to do it. (I was wearing a layered look, it would work.)

But... I turned around a there was Carrie, holding her bra in the air.

THANK YOU CARRIE! (That would have been way too much "personality" loose in Rockin Bar D)

We grabbed Mike, (Once again), put it on him and shoved him out there.

I was afraid the next task was going to be a woman wearing man's pants... so I told Walt, you may have to do it. You have a long shirt on. He looked at me reluctantly and said, "Ok, I'll do it" He'd do it for the team. Sorry Walt, Trent never asked for it. You were probably sweating the rest of the game.

The final task... Trent wanted, a man carrying a purse, wearing lipstick, womans shoes, a woman's earring, and wearing a bra.

Here we go again...Miiiiiiike, (This poor guy will do anything for me.)

I immediately turned to him with my lipstick and smeared it all over his mouth and Carrie took off her bra again. (it was very tastefully done, no skin showing) We continued to add Di's earring and I think it was her purse.

We shoved him out there again. Only this time, Trent made all the guys stand up in front of the audience. The whole time, I could read Mike's lips as he looked at me. "I hate you!"

Trent decided to throw out the points and make the guys strut to see who wins. He introduced each one of them. He came to Mike and said, that lipstick looks like you just finished shoving a hot dog in your mouth. Mike's shirt was partially unbuttoned showing his heart surgery scar.

Trent said, "I love your unbuttoned look." Mike said, "Chicks dig the scar."
The guys strutted one by one as we hooted and screamed.

Mike looked over and saw fellow disers, Nancy & Chuck and they're family. (Nancy's & Chucks kids and Mike were suppose to have a shoot-out up on deck)

Mike said, "Don't applaud guys or I'll take you down on the basketball court."

Uh, you're threats didn't work Mike. Guess who won?

What a night and it's all on video. Word got out with all the disers and I spent the next day or so showing that video to everyone.

A little pic of the dance. Thanks to Nancy.

Check out that lipstick application.

It was a long day... we had been up since 4:45 in the morning watching The Magic come in. It was now 1:15 AM and we finished out the day by going up on deck to watch for falling stars and check out the night sky. Mike shot a few hoops and we hit the sack.

More to come... Tommorrow, Key West.

Last edited by Dyerneeds; 11-18-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:03 PM   #11
Tart Annihilator
Disney gives me Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Mouse View Post

Love this pic Karen. Do you think I was having fun?

Thanks, I'm copying this one.

Our Trip Report, 2007
I'm really sweeter than I look
Tart Annihilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:05 PM   #12
minnieandmickey
Queen of the run on sentence!

Sean and I are crying we are laughing so hard! Can't wait for kk2! You 2 are such a hoot! And our shy little Carrie, who'd a thunk it!
My life at Disney: DL - started in 1978 too many times to count. First time AP holder in 2012, spent a total of 14 days! WDW- 10th anniversary- May 1999(Dixie Landings), 2005(off site),2006(POP/POFQ),2007(WLV),2008(AKV),2011(OKW) DCL- 3 day Bahamas Wonder 2002, 4 Day Bahamas Wonder 2006, 7 day Western Caribbean Magic 2007, 20 days on the Magic 2008, B2B Panama Canal and 5 day double dip, Sarah's gradapalooza 4 day Bahamas on the Dream and 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2011, DLP, October 2013
Up next Best Aunt and Uncle WDW/DCL, taking DNiece on her first trip!, WBPC Cruise, May 2015, KK Reunion Cruise, Eastern Caribbean, October 2015
minnieandmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:11 PM   #13
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieandmickey View Post

Sean and I are crying we are laughing so hard! Can't wait for kk2! You 2 are such a hoot! And our shy little Carrie, who'd a thunk it!
Glad you guys enjoyed it.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #14
goofyfreak
Gawrsh, is November ever going to get here?

I'm lovin this. And the video was too funny! I can't wait to hear more, more, more!!!!!
goofyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:26 PM   #15
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: