Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

"um, let's just get a fas' pass for it!" (photopass pix pg 5)

Well, I'm still typing things in my trip report from September. But here I am, started a December report.

I'm Molly, DH is Robert, DS is Eamon and he's 3. He's *this* much shy of 40", which was frustrating in September. I'm trying to make sure he eats loads of nutritious food so he can get to 41 by December, so he can go on Star Tours.

In September we got APs, and even though officially we have already gotten our money's worth from them, they will have even MORE value the more we go. Oh man I can justify anything.

Because we went in September, we missed our annual trip to visit my brother in San Diego, so this trip will also give us a chance for that visit. Well, that visit will be just me and Eamon, because Robert is starting a new job at a new company next Monday! So...no saved up time off, no comp time earned over Thanksgiving like we had planned for December, and no 4 day work-week giving him a 3 day weekend like his current job. So the San Diego portion will be just me and the boy-o.

But DH will fly down at some point for a weekend at Disneyland!

The timing isn't quite determined, as we're not 100% of his new work schedule once he is trained, or if he's going to be working 7 days a week (holidays at amazon.com, though he's in management this time instead of customer service (we both worked CS at amazon in its heydays, and that is actually where we met!)).

I'm not sharing the hotel I have chosen until I have booked it. It's not one that gets much mention here, but on one of the other two disney fan forums I'm part of, it has gotten good reviews. But it's small. So my lips are sealed.

Of course we'd love to do an onsite hotel, if only for the EE. But even if we felt like paying the AP4 rates (slight nudge could convince us), there are no rooms available at this time with AP4 for the weekend of the 7th through 9th. In fact, when I called the other day, the only thing available at DLH was a $450 room. bwa ha ha. Not going to happen.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 01-05-2008 at 02:01 AM.
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: