Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2007, 10:51 AM   #16
moorekw
Mouseketeer

Question wdw parks' resort bus pick-up order?

Wow! Sorry if the title is a bit confusing. I am wondering if anyone has a link or reference to the general order by which the resort bus system is structured at the parks? In all times past, we have stayed at the value resorts that, understandably, have these bus pick-up points at the furthest location in order (ya get what ya pay for). My presumption is that the layout will be by scale of hotel cost, but have been looking for a reference.

The fams is looking to stay at another resort and I am curious as to how this might factor into the decision. Not a lot of merit will be placed on this factor in particular, but I like to have all the ducks in a row.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.
moorekw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #17
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorekw View Post
Wow! Sorry if the title is a bit confusing. I am wondering if anyone has a link or reference to the general order by which the resort bus system is structured at the parks? In all times past, we have stayed at the value resorts that, understandably, have these bus pick-up points at the furthest location in order (ya get what ya pay for). My presumption is that the layout will be by scale of hotel cost, but have been looking for a reference.

The fams is looking to stay at another resort and I am curious as to how this might factor into the decision. Not a lot of merit will be placed on this factor in particular, but I like to have all the ducks in a row.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.
Probably would be better if you asked this in the main forum, but I'll try to answer it here for you.
Usually, note I say usually, the deluxes have bus stops closer to park entrances. But, this is not always the case. At MGM, POP Century is closest to the entrance, same with at DTD. But, at Epcot it's way down the road. And even if someone could tell you here how the bus stops are set up today, at each park, that could conceivably change next week. Choose your resort based on other parameters, not where the bus stop is at each park. ..especially since each park has a different order.

Oh, and by the way...Welcome to the DIS boards!!!!
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2007, 11:54 AM   #18
moorekw
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Probably would be better if you asked this in the main forum, but I'll try to answer it here for you.
Usually, note I say usually, the deluxes have bus stops closer to park entrances. But, this is not always the case. At MGM, POP Century is closest to the entrance, same with at DTD. But, at Epcot it's way down the road. And even if someone could tell you here how the bus stops are set up today, at each park, that could conceivably change next week. Choose your resort based on other parameters, not where the bus stop is at each park. ..especially since each park has a different order.

Oh, and by the way...Welcome to the DIS boards!!!!
Thank you very much for the welcome and the input! As I said, this isn't a big factor more than just trying to jog my aging memory! I warmly recall carrying two kids after the MNSHP to the All-Star corral and waiting patiently with a throng of other families to catch a bus. Pop Century is, of course, much better as service is dedicated to one resort vice three. The major conditions for our selection this time out will be resort offerings based upon our growing kids (now 8 and 13 y.o.).

This is our third trip to WDW in October and will be anxious to see how much attendance has increased from the last time. What was once a relatively quiet time of the year has grown so much.

Really missin' the magic!!!
moorekw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #19
itzmehkristine
Mouseketeer

Is there a train that goes from California to Florida? My mom doesn't really like to ride in airplanes, and the gas prices are pretty high now a days, they don't want to drive
itzmehkristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:57 AM   #20
Endeavour105
DIS Veteran

Missing Important WDW Transportation Information

There is very little transportation information on this site regarding the WDW Watercraft (ferry boats, motor cruisers and motor launches) that service the Transportation & Ticket Center, Magic Kingdom and the nearby WDW hotels and the campground on Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. These boats are part of the WDW Transportation Department just like buses and monorails.

Go to allearsnet.com for information on the WDW Watercraft.

Effective 11/18/08, WDW Watercraft OPS on Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake have undergone a few changes. See the following for up-to-date info:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1646456

Last edited by Endeavour105; 03-16-2009 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Cnange in WDW Watercraft OPS on Seven Seas Lagoon & Bay Lake.
Endeavour105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #21
jms25
Earning My Ears

We are heading to WDW on Sept 9th. At the beginning of August, I thought I registered with DME via the website. However 10 days later I received an e-mail saying they could not process my request any further due to the website being wholesale people only. Has it always been like this and I just missed it?

Trips to Disney:
1980 something-Offsite with family, March 1995 @Dixie Landings with Mom and sisters, March 2000 @POFQ- Me and DH, April 2003 @POR- Birthday Trip!,Sept 2007 @OKW-DD's First trip to Disney!,Nov/Dec 2009 @ Pop Century/ Wilderness Lodge -DS First trip!, Oct 23rd-29th 2011 @ POFQ

Future Trips:
Oct 18th-24th 2014 CSR-DD#2's First Trip
jms25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #22
bob6sims
Mouseketeer

Question LYNX bus in WDW ?

We are staying in WDW when we are on holiday in December - we are not hiring a car so are looking for information about what is the best way to travel from WDW to International Drive/Premium Outlets/Florida Mall. Is there a LYNX bus that we can get that will take us to any of the places mentioned from the TTC ? There will be 7 of us in our party so if we were to use taxis we would have to take 2 taxis unless we were able to get a people carrier. Any infomation greatefully received .
bob6sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:01 AM   #23
blessdmommy
I really should be packing - rather than Dis-ing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Pinobi View Post
Using Disney's Magical Express? Here's their online reservation site.
I got an email back from after trying to use this link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Support@DisneyMagicalExpress.com
Please be advised we would not be able to process your Disney Magical Express due to this web site is for our Wholesale Partners. Please call
1 407 934 7639 and one of our agents will be gladly to add your Disney Magical Express to your reservation.

1st trip 2005 September ASMo
2006 September ASMo
2007 September OKW
2008 May Disneyland
2009 September ASMo
2010 September POP
2011 September POP
1st cruise 2012
blessdmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:58 PM   #24
jms25
Earning My Ears

I got the same e-mail about ten days after submitting my info. It was very frustrating.

Trips to Disney:
1980 something-Offsite with family, March 1995 @Dixie Landings with Mom and sisters, March 2000 @POFQ- Me and DH, April 2003 @POR- Birthday Trip!,Sept 2007 @OKW-DD's First trip to Disney!,Nov/Dec 2009 @ Pop Century/ Wilderness Lodge -DS First trip!, Oct 23rd-29th 2011 @ POFQ

Future Trips:
Oct 18th-24th 2014 CSR-DD#2's First Trip
jms25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:53 PM   #25
mrsovernite
Earning My Ears

I know this has been asked

a bunch of times before, but could someone please point me in the direction of the site to sign up for dings? I heard someone chatting about backdoor dings? What does that mean? Can someone help a newbie out here??
mrsovernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:11 AM   #26
Sparkie
DIS Veteran

I think they are talking about Ding on Southwest airline site
Sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #27
*love*2*shop
DIS Veteran

Fl Tours Limo???

has anyone ever used the LIMO of the service? Are the limos a Newer Limo etc? any help would be great with info on the LIMOS....
Old 10-16-2007, 06:30 PM   #28
schaery
Test Trackaholic

Bus service

Hi! DH & I have a 9:30 a.m. breakfast ressie at Cape May on a day that we are also going to Epcot. I'd like to park the car as few times as possible. Can we park at Epcot and catch a bus to CM and back to Epcot? My original thought was to walk from Epcot to CM but didn't realize exactly how far it is, and think it would be quite a quick hike from Epcot gate at 9 a.m. to CM at 9:30. Plus, I forgot that World Showcase doesn't open til 11 a.m. so we may not have even been able to walk all the way through. Thanks for your suggestions and opinions.
schaery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:41 PM   #29
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Useful thread for WDw boat info in the MK area

This thread includes useful information on boats in the Magic Kingdom area:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1614065

Perhaps we could reformat the thread to make it a reference for transportation FAQs and regularly update the links in the first posting. I am guessing that more DISers would read it if it had the word "FAQ" in the title.
cigar95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #30
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

The problem with stickies is most people don't bother to look at them before they post. Maybe it is different on transportation.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: