Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #121
duffy
The Tag Fairy did not give me this tag...I wrote it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleGirl View Post
Hurray! I just bought a new tiara from Target today. I can't wait to wear it in the Magic Kingdom then give it to some little girl the next day!! (I get to be a princess, she gets to be a princess, and I don't have to pack it when I leave... everyone wins! )
What a neat idea, I'll have to try this! And even better: it will embarrass my 12-year old sooo much!
duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:14 PM   #122
!HereWeCome!
Earning My Ears

OK... here is where the MEN can stop reading and move along to the next post...

My advice: even if you don't think you will need it bring *ahem* feminine supplies into the PARK with you. Just one or two, just in case. I was not expecting AT ALL to need them and of course I was UNpleasantly suprised to find I needed them and had to go back to the resort to change and to pick them up. This ordeal cost me at least an hour and a half in the park. My poor husband kept the kids at the park while I went back. I was SO mad at myself! Save yourself the hassle and bring something along...

Tim & Christie

!HereWeCome! is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2007, 03:29 PM   #123
*love*2*shop
DIS Veteran

was in walmart yesterday and in the health beauty section with the small travel stuff is now TIDE for the SINK for TRIPS! perfect for this!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishteacha View Post
Lots of bras! As a PP mentioned, you don't want to put a sweaty one back on after changing. I'll be washing my bras out in the sink, too!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:55 PM   #124
planetcaravan19f
Wish I could be...part of that "WORLD"!!

Location: The artic part of Northern Michigan's Upper Peninsula

bump!!

Me 28 DBF 32 DSS 8

Disneyland 1981ish
1993 14 people close family and friends offsite
1996-ish Band/school trip offsite
Feb 2008 Me DBF DS offsite

My First Pre-Trip report
"Disney or Broke"
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1667247

My Feb 2008 Trip Report
"Disney or Broke"
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=96
planetcaravan19f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:23 PM   #125
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner

Thumbs up Body slide

I got a stick of the body slide (is that what it's called?) and it is fantastic! I highly recommend it.

On another note, this year I'm hoping to get a toiletries travel case from LL Bean (it's on my Christmas list! ) It has lots of compartments for stuff, a hook that you can hang it by and a small mirror right inside. LL Bean has free shipping so it's going to be a Bean Christmas!!

MapleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #126
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleGirl View Post
I got a stick of the body slide (is that what it's called?) and it is fantastic! I highly recommend it.

On another note, this year I'm hoping to get a toiletries travel case from LL Bean (it's on my Christmas list! ) It has lots of compartments for stuff, a hook that you can hang it by and a small mirror right inside. LL Bean has free shipping so it's going to be a Bean Christmas!!
I love my LL Bean toiletry case something fierce.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Hedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:19 PM   #127
scootermom32
Mouseketeer

Couple of comments. ....

I use the Instead product, and love them. They are so comfortable that I forget I'm wearing it for about 6-8 hours, and then it just feels a little uncomfortable. You need to make sure your hands are really clean before removing/changing it, though...not always a neat situation in a public restroom. I usually take a few paper towels in w/ me or make sure I have kleenex w/ me. I always wear a panty liner w/ these (except for swimming -- they work *Great* for swimming, btw!). They are made of surgical latex (same as some catheters and other medical stuff) so make sure you're not allergic.

Re: skorts -- I find that heavier ones make me feel really hot "down there" (and not in a good way --rather, a sweaty way!). Think about it -- you're wearing two layers of something heavy (denim or sturdy twill). I have a light twill one that is better (but it lacks pockets).

I have some quick-drying men's microfiber hiking shorts w/ cargo pockets that I really like. I can carry a lot of stuff in my pockets (the stuff you shove in there when there's no time to open a bag pocket...maps, change, etc). They are not the most attractive shorts in the world, but I find that most men are looking at my sunburned cleavage anyway (just kidding -- actually I'm not a cleavage kind of gal).

The Colace idea is a good one; I try to stick to Raisin Bran and a big salad every day, but this is a good thing to have on hand. Thanks, great tips here!
scootermom32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:08 PM   #128
OKW Mom
Mouseketeer

Spray sunscreen.....facial sunscreen.......waterproof sunscreen

Go to Morocco and buy the scarf with the dinglies, then learn to wrap it like they do-I walked around with pool hair and everyone said "you look so cool!"

The little battery fan- the palm size hangs off my pack. Got to have that.

Peppermint foot spray- a little bottle for the park.

Wetwipes- both the lady at the next table and I pulled out our wetones out at Flametree BBQ- they get BBQ sauce out of shirts if you act fast.

Clips to hold hair up

Hats to hide hair

Swedish footfile to banish sandal feet/heels. (go to Sally's beauty supply-it's the best 97 cents you'll spend on beauty).

Sunscreen chapstick

Buy a Fan in China and have your name put on it. It's relief, it's exercise.......

And....whatever else you pack - You're never fully dressed without your smile

OKW Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:19 AM   #129
lauran cameron
One little spark of inspiration...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Mom View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"]
Hats to hide hair
hats are my saving grace.
speaking of which...oh hai there roots!!!

p.s. my sig is so ugly and in need of maintenance.
you'd never know i was a art student with a major in photography & graphic design...*le sigh*

[edit]:
NEW SIG. THAT FITS YAY!!!

Last edited by lauran cameron; 10-26-2007 at 04:40 AM.
lauran cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:43 AM   #130
planetcaravan19f
Wish I could be...part of that "WORLD"!!

Location: The artic part of Northern Michigan's Upper Peninsula

bump

Me 28 DBF 32 DSS 8

Disneyland 1981ish
1993 14 people close family and friends offsite
1996-ish Band/school trip offsite
Feb 2008 Me DBF DS offsite

My First Pre-Trip report
"Disney or Broke"
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1667247

My Feb 2008 Trip Report
"Disney or Broke"
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=96
planetcaravan19f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #131
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by !HereWeCome! View Post
OK... here is where the MEN can stop reading and move along to the next post...

My advice: even if you don't think you will need it bring *ahem* feminine supplies into the PARK with you. Just one or two, just in case. I was not expecting AT ALL to need them and of course I was UNpleasantly suprised to find I needed them and had to go back to the resort to change and to pick them up. This ordeal cost me at least an hour and a half in the park. My poor husband kept the kids at the park while I went back. I was SO mad at myself! Save yourself the hassle and bring something along...
So true.......
I did not ake them on our DISNEY CRUISE and needed them.......there is no going to walmart in the middle of the ocean! I had to pay almost $5 for a small box and i ahd to buy 3 of them before the cruise was over!!!!!!!
So much for on board credit! HA
Old 12-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #132
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyScott View Post
What is the practicality, if any, of wearing a skirt?
I wear skirts all the time in warm weather, and in Disney too! i think a skirt looks so much cuter than shorts on my....figure.....(not so big, but i don't like shorts )
I like pairing a favorite skirt with a tee,do it all the time! though I am SO past wearing a fannypack ever again!
Sometimes it's a jean skirt,sometime a looser,hippy type,I like them!And they're comfortable.....
Old 12-12-2007, 08:56 PM   #133
TotalSnowWhite
DIS Veteran

Speaking of skirts...
Some short skirt can do double duty as a strapless top. Most look super cute over jeans!! Not sure if this really has anything to do with Disney, but the talk of skirts (I love them as skirts and tops!!) reminded me.

Another double duty dress tip:
I saved my (now five) niece's princessy dresses from when she was two/three, and she'll wear them as tank tops on our trip in May/June.

TotalSnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:27 AM   #134
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalSnowWhite View Post
Speaking of skirts...
Some short skirt can do double duty as a strapless top. Most look super cute over jeans!! Not sure if this really has anything to do with Disney, but the talk of skirts (I love them as skirts and tops!!) reminded me.

Another double duty dress tip:
I saved my (now five) niece's princessy dresses from when she was two/three, and she'll wear them as tank tops on our trip in May/June.

HA! I love this.......I do this all the time too! And i thought i must be the only one out there......It does save on packing, Just did this when we went to my dd wedding! i took one black skirt that did triple duty!

It is Elastic waist strait and black......1. Regualr long skirt 2. rolled it up to my knee 3. pulled it up as a strapless dress can be worn like that or with a shirt or jacket over it!

AWESOME way to not have to check baggage!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 11:09 AM   #135
TotalSnowWhite
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
HA! I love this.......I do this all the time too! And i thought i must be the only one out there......It does save on packing, Just did this when we went to my dd wedding! i took one black skirt that did triple duty!

It is Elastic waist strait and black......1. Regualr long skirt 2. rolled it up to my knee 3. pulled it up as a strapless dress can be worn like that or with a shirt or jacket over it!

AWESOME way to not have to check baggage!!!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely!! I did the same thing for a recent trip to NYC. I love just a little shrug/jacket over the skirt as tops. Totally easy to dress up or down!

TotalSnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: