Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2007, 06:10 PM   #76
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Yes Moz...

There is a difference between us and you...

We not only know when it's time to pee...

But we ask for directions!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:35 PM   #77
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Sorry about your Pei Wei manager experience, but I'm glad teh rest of the meal was up to expectations. I can taste the ginger broccoli right now.....
Just imagine, you were right across the street from my favorite booze store the whole time! Perhaps you saw someone staggering out with an armful of O'Mara's Irish Cream?
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2007, 11:52 PM   #78
CruisinEars
Engaged at WDW 8/23/95!

I'm hooked! Can't wait to read more.

Number of Trips:
WDW=7
DL=7
DCL=1
CruisinEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:19 AM   #79
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Yes Moz...

There is a difference between us and you...

We not only know when it's time to pee...

But we ask for directions!!!
Don't need to ask. That's what a GPS is for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweihund View Post
Just imagine, you were right across the street from my favorite booze store the whole time! Perhaps you saw someone staggering out with an armful of O'Mara's Irish Cream?
If you're talking about the place I am, we went there and walked out with a case of wine for my brother's house. Put a fair dent into it that night as well.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:23 AM   #80
Mozart

I’ve never stayed at a value resort before. I’ve certainly never eaten at a value resort’s food court before. My wife would describe the food court at the Pop Century as a mariachi band on crack. That was truly one of the most chaos filled experiences of my life. Ducking, dodging, swerving to avoid people. And I’m talking about adults, don’t even get me started on the kids. I don’t know how many times I had to perform miraculous saves of my tray to keep my food from flying all over floor. Finding a table was another story altogether. Again, we’re back to the issue of people saving seats without having their food. I noticed more than one person doing it here. Finally, around 9:30 on a Sunday morning, it was time to leave Orlando and head for Port Canaveral.

Now, anyone who lives in Florida right now can tell you exactly what that means….LOVEBUGS! It was like listening to a machine gun going off on my windshield. POP, POP, POP, POP, POP! We were very fortunate in that it actually ended up pouring rain on us about halfway between Orlando and Port Canaveral. That washed all the lovebugs off the front of our car. I actually felt sorry for them. Here they are, having a really good time if you know what I mean, when suddenly a car comes along at 80 mph and blows right through them. Literally. What a way to go!

So, we’re at the terminal and it’s time to head inside. I guess this is where being a Dis’er begins coming in to play. I start recognizing people. The first one comes as soon as I go up the escalator and reach the main terminal. If you’re familiar with the poster 2angelsinheaven, I see the guy from her pictures standing at the top. I look at him for a second as if to say “really?” and then walk over to him. Before I even got a word out, he said “Are you a DIS’er?” I couldn’t resist laughing at that one.

First issue of the cruise comes up now, though. You would think the people checking in the Castaway Club would give better service, right? Well, one little problem. My in-laws, who were not CC members got some information that we didn’t. Turns out that a rumor on the main board that I thought was just that, a rumor, turned out to be true. This cruise is double-dipping CC! On the one hand, I was really happy because who couldn’t use another day there? On the other hand, I really had the day at sea all planned out, so this was going to throw me for a loop. The thing that bothered me is that had my in-laws not gotten the letter, we may not have known we were double-dipping CC until we got there Wednesday morning.

I feel the frantic side of me coming up. I need to tell someone just how great this is. I need to talk about this in greater detail. I need something. And then I see her. It was instant recognition. That woman looks just like Joel’s wife in the pictures he posted! And those look just like his kids! And that looks just like him! So, I amble over and say hello. Now, for a split second, I have to admit I thought about how I could reference the wedding without really saying it and watching him squirm. But, I just couldn’t do it. I played nice for the guy and let him go so he could take his kids pictures with Mickey Mouse. What I was really trying to do was merge my group in with his and basically cut into the front of that long line. He didn’t seem to get it, though.

Overall, I was just thinking that despite some little problems, I really like this cruise line and the people who work for it. Just wait, though. There’s one cast member that later just blows me away. But this is where Joel’s wedding would threaten to interfere with the happiness of OUR cruise.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:50 AM   #81
CRUIZEN MAMMA
DIS Veteran

We're all really proud of you for showing restraint. I'm sure though you tried to plant some surprises of your own for Joel and Family Can't wait to read more.
CRUIZEN MAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:31 AM   #82
Mozart

It’s that time! Now welcoming boarding group 1, group 2, group 3, group 4, and finally…GROUP 5! That’s us and we begin the walk, take the picture, and walk across the famed gangplank.

Now, I’ve never met the guy before, but his stuff is the tale of legend. A true cruise line hero, waiting at the top of the ramp to greet us. It’s the immortal PIKEY in full living color! Yes, for those of you wondering where he is, Pikey is on the Wonder as of Sep 23rd. Darren was the cruise director. I say that because I know someone will ask.

One of the things I had most been looking forward to was that initial lunch when you get on board. I just remember from last time that there was something so relaxing about sitting in Parrot Cay on the first day. This time the relaxation seemed directly in tune with the Bahama Mama’s that were sitting on the table within 5 minutes of us boarding. Granted, there was one Mimosa mixed in as well. It was just incredibly relaxing to sit there and say “Hey, it’s started. We’re really here.” It was also nice to revisit some of their breaded pork. For some reason I really liked that stuff. I am now refraining from making a pun about pigging out.

Now, about 12:30, I had tried to sneak over to Palo’s to straighten out our dining reservations. I was unsuccessful at that time. Basically, Simone (the current maitre’d) slapped me on the hand for being bad and sent me away. Just after 1, we head back over, turn the corner into Wavebands….and there she is. Her eyes meet mine and a huge smile crosses her face, she cries out in joy…and runs to hug my wife. Yes, Coralia, good to see you too.

Now, let me begin this diatribe by saying that Coralia is my girl. She was our server at Palo’s back in February, and we absolutely loved her. We’ve exchanged e-mails and first-born children. But here’s where we get into the problem. We knew we might have a problem getting Coralia as our server on Tuesday night, but not why. When we ran into her on Sunday, she told us the why. She had been requested by a large wedding party for that night at 7. Our dinner was scheduled for 6:30. “A large wedding party? About 15-20 people?” I ask her. “Yes,” she says “are you familiar with them?” “Are they getting married on Castaway Cay that day?” “Yes.”

I’M GOING TO BE DENIED MY CORALIA BECAUSE OF JOEL’S WEDDING PARTY!?!?!??!?!

If Joel’s family had been standing there right that moment I would have spilled the whole story.

But, I cooled off while waiting in a long line to get our brunch reservations straightened out. My wife tried to convince me that our cruise would still be okay even if Coralia could not wait on us at Palo’s. She said “It would be disappointing, but not totally ruined.”

I was not convinced.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #83
CRUIZEN MAMMA
DIS Veteran

It's probably your fault that Joel requested your server. You must have raved on and on about her in your last trip report. Ok so now you know when their big dinner is- what have you got up your sleave for them????

You would not have spilled the beans you would however may have taken Joel aside and blackmailed him a little. Your server for my silence-HMMMMMM.
CRUIZEN MAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #84
mruhaak
DIS Veteran

This is getting good... love the drama!
mruhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #85
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZEN MAMMA View Post
You would not have spilled the beans you would however may have taken Joel aside and blackmailed him a little.
You know, I never did get that bottle of Dom that he promised me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mruhaak View Post

This is getting good... love the drama!
You'll have to wait awhile to find out THE REST OF THE STORY. (Insert evil laugh here.)

Old 10-03-2007, 02:31 PM   #86
mruhaak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
You know, I never did get that bottle of Dom that he promised me.

You'll have to wait awhile to find out THE REST OF THE STORY. (Insert evil laugh here.)
I can't wait. Bring it on!!!
mruhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:42 PM   #87
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

At least you didn't scream it outloud!!!!!

Or did you????

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:30 PM   #88
LovableGluttons
See Ya REAL Soon!

This is getting SO good!

I should be working on my TR over in the nether regions of the DIS, but I've been over here reading yours instead.

I can't wait to hear about the double dip at CC. One of the cruises I have booked is a double dip too!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:20 PM   #89
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Wow.....I thought having a surprise High Tea was cool - you win! I can't wait to hear more.
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:09 PM   #90
Mozart

Based on the fact that DCL had made changes to the cruise itinerary, we decided that we needed to change the way some things were set up at the spa. The ladies had pedicures booked on the day that we were supposed to be at sea. Since that was now a Castaway Cay day, they wanted to either change the time on those or cancel them entirely. The issue is that since we booked online, we cannot cancel once we get to the boat. I tried to explain that the only reason we were cancelling was because the cruises itinerary had been changed. That didn’t matter, they said. Now, let me just point out that I realize that the spa is not run by DCL, but shouldn’t the two of them have gotten together on this and said “Since changing the itinerary could alter some people’s cruise plans, maybe we need to take into account our cancellations policies need to be relaxed a little.” In the end, the manager was able to do something and give us a different time that was acceptable to the women in our party, but we came very close to paying for nothing.

Before I state what we did next, I need to back up a few minutes and explain how we looked. There are 4 people in our party. One of the members of our party does not drink. The rest of us had been talking about how we would be relaxing with Bahama Mama’s all the first day. On our way to the spa, we sat down for a moment at a table. While everyone was sitting down, I said that I wanted to walk to the front of the ship to take a picture. On my way back, I grabbed 3 Bahama Mama’s. Turns out that while I was gone, my wife had excused herself for a moment, and ran to the bar to grab…you guessed it…3 Bahama Mamas. Problem is that she didn’t tell the MIL where she was going. While both of us were gone, the waiter walking around with Bahama Mama’s walks by my in-laws who are sitting down and offers them something to drink. They grab….(sing with me now)….3 BAHAMA MAMA’S!

So now here we are, it’s about 3 o’clock, and we’ve got 9 Bahama Mama’s in front of 4 people at a table. So where did we go? The spa. After straightening out our reservations issues from above, 4 people begin taking a spa tour with 9 Bahama Mama’s in their hands. If you haven’t been on a tour, they constantly talk about all the toxins people put into their bodies, with alcohol being the worst of these toxins. And here we are with 9 drinks in the hands of 4 people. So, in order to make us look like we’re not total losers, we all bought rainforest passes for the cruise. By the time the tour was over, it’s 4:00, bells are going off and people are running by us with life preservers on.

Maybe the ship was sinking, but we just knew that we still had a bunch of Bahama Mama’s in our hands. Can’t waste alcohol, man. We’ll die, but we’ll die happy. Just like those lovebugs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: