Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 08:56 AM   #2671
A,M&Asmom
Mouseketeer

Never noticed any bird poop when we were there either. The pool was never full and we never had a problem getting a table at anytime of the day or night when we wanted one either. We did see ducks walking around, but never went in the pool if someone was in there. Our balcony (bayside) never had bird poop or cigarette butts on it either. We used it quite a bit when we were at the room.
The Yacht Club 7/00
The Carribean Beach Resort 7/89
Many times as a child in the 70's & 80's...Off site

Old 09-14-2007, 11:19 AM   #2672
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Tempo Grab & Go

Allearsnet has some pics up of the new quick service restuarant on the 4th floor. It doesn't look like refillable mugs are available. Here's the link:

http://www.allearsnet.com/blogs/alle..._update_1.html

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2007, 11:24 AM   #2673
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
Allearsnet has some pics up of the new quick service restuarant on the 4th floor. It doesn't look like refillable mugs are available. Here's the link:

http://www.allearsnet.com/blogs/alle..._update_1.html
Thanks for the link to the pictures and after seeing the menu they have, it's good to see they have some hot foods with Pizza and Hot Dogs. As for the other itmes looking at the pictures it seems they took all the items from the fridge like Salads and etc. Finally it does not surprise me they are not selling the mugs there since a manager of the Food & Fun Center told me that, so when people got e-mails from WDW saying they would I knew they were wrong. That is why I trusted what the manager told me since she works there and would know more then someone who works in guest communications.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:29 AM   #2674
usewickhouse
I am going to stick to my first guess but add a little to it...

I think it is so funny that some people have seen the DUCKS and their POOP and seen them swimming in both pools while there and then some people have NEVER seen them. The case of the disappearing ducks? We have stayed there twice in the last year and both times had ducks in and around the pool and had to walk "around" their poop. One morning while sitting by the pool there was a group of somewhat agressive ducks that were trying to "TAKE" a toddler's food right out of his hands. So the parents put the little boy inhis stroller and the ducks still came after him, they woudl try to "fly" just enough to reach into his strollers food tray. The parents kept shooing them off but they would NOT go away. I did not see one CM or lifeguard trying to get rid of them either. Ducks are very germy and I personally do not want to be in such close proximity to them. Just imagine swimming or coming down the slide and while your mouth is open and when you accidentally swallow some water you swallow some....POOP. GROSS! The CR is my FAVORITE hotel but those ducks need to go!!
Old 09-14-2007, 02:11 PM   #2675
cheerbop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishstar View Post
After reading up on the boards and Deb's All Ears, I'm getting a little worried. I am staying at the Contemporary the second week in October. Is the construction noise in the lobby and 4th floor really that bad or will most of the heavy work be done by then?

Also, I was reading about how dirty the pool area was at the resort and that bird poop is everywhere. The pool is a favorite afternoon activity for my family. Is it really that bad?

I hope I don't regret booking my rooms there!

Yours,
JC
I have little ones who still take naps and was concerned about the contruction noise myself.
All I can speak for is my family and those there when we were in the area we were, but I must say, it was very loud during the day. I had planned for noise and took a small, noisy fan with us for white noise and we could still hear it over the fan.
So yes, we did experience alot of noise almost every day of the 7 we were there, but it may not be loud at other times.

(DH) (ME)
(DS-16) (DS-10) (DS-7) (DS-4)
Old 09-14-2007, 02:14 PM   #2676
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbop View Post
I have little ones who still take naps and was concerned about the contruction noise myself.
All I can speak for is my family and those there when we were in the area we were, but I must say, it was very loud during the day. I had planned for noise and took a small, noisy fan with us for white noise and we could still hear it over the fan.
So yes, we did experience alot of noise almost every day of the 7 we were there, but it may not be loud at other times.
Last month when I was there the 4th floor renovations took place during the mornings and afternoon's so if you plan to spend a full day at the parks and etc you won't be there to hear anything, since they did not work there during the evenings.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #2677
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

Thanks for the link to the blog and pictures! When is the new store on the 4th floor supposed to be finished?
Old 09-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #2678
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplefigs View Post
Thanks for the link to the blog and pictures! When is the new store on the 4th floor supposed to be finished?
I was told if nothing major goes wrong it should be completed by the 1st week of December.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:51 PM   #2679
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I was told if nothing major goes wrong it should be completed by the 1st week of December.
Thanks. Then it should be done by our Feb trip!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:01 PM   #2680
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplefigs View Post
Thanks. Then it should be done by our Feb trip!
You're welcome and I hope it's completed by the time I return in December, because it gives my parents and I a reason to visit the Contemporary so we can take a look at it.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:14 AM   #2681
laura001
DIS Veteran
I had my birthday 242 days ago and I don't run like a duck, does that count??
I came in here to see what was wrong with the bananas

Thought I would share a few pics from our recent quickie trip to The Contemporary. We had a great time and loved the resort! We only saw one splashing of "poop" at the adult pool, other than that, it was clean. The worst problem was not the ducks, it was the very noisy crows!

I have other pics if anyone wants them, just PM me, I'll send them

We stayed in the Garden Wing, had a Garden Deluxe King.

View from our room

Taken from the adult pool, looking towards our room. Our room was on the top floor top left of the pic

Last edited by laura001; 09-16-2007 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:22 AM   #2682
Luckymommyx2
Je parle francais, et tu
Ready to cruise again!
Will take in just about anything that walks, crawls, or flys through the yard

Wow, nice pics! Your room was so much nicer than our "old" tower room we had about a year and a half ago!! Very nice...thanks for sharing!
Old 09-15-2007, 07:33 AM   #2683
Marriedmyprince
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Funny that you had one in your garden room but we didn't in our MK View tower room. Weird. Maybe they are hit and miss?
Duluxe garden rooms are bigger and cost a bit more. That is probably why they have a DVD player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura001 View Post
We just returned and were in the Garden Wing, Deluxe room with king. We had a DVD player.......The room was just FANTASTIC! We had a great time!
OHHH! We check into one of the deluxe rooms next week. I would love any info. How was it specifically? Did you take any room pictures? I can't see the ones you posted for some reason. I will pm you. Is there a microwave? How was the bathroom? Thanks for any help, Marriedmyprince

Last edited by Marriedmyprince; 09-15-2007 at 07:39 AM. Reason: add info
Old 09-15-2007, 07:37 AM   #2684
laura001
DIS Veteran
I had my birthday 242 days ago and I don't run like a duck, does that count??
I came in here to see what was wrong with the bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marriedmyprince View Post
Duluxe garden rooms are bigger and cost a bit more. That is probably why they have a DVD player.

OHHH! We check into one of the deluxe rooms next week. I would love any info. How was it specifically? Did you take any room pictures? Is there a microwave? How was the bathroom? Thanks for any help, Marriedmyprince

I have pics above these posts. There was no microwave, bathroom was great, separate shower, if you want more pics, PM me.

As for it costing more....it was a bit more, not much though, the reason we went this way was because we wanted a King Size Bed. Not sure exactly, but it is like upgrading to a King ($20.00 more approx?)
Old 09-15-2007, 02:31 PM   #2685
DisneyRulz07
Never 4Get You ST#21!!

rooms?

Quote:
We just returned from our 7 night stay.
I can see why some people really like the CR, but I don't think it will be an option again for us for at least a few years. With 2 of our children being under 4, I did not find it a very feasible option as far as storage and safety. I know it is all personal preference, though.
This AM we were able to get to the MK in about 15 minutes via Monorail. The walk, pushing a stroller at a pretty quick pace was a bit over 10 minutes.

The Contemp Grab n Go opened on the 9th as stated. The options are just ok. While we were there at the Food and Fun Center and the Tempo, we were able to see a few people us the YOMD mugs, so I guess at least some people were successful at using them.

Our room was not cleaned to our satisfaction many days. We had to ask multiple times for more towels, and yesterday we found smallish lizard in our room. Actually, our 3 yr old found it! After we sort of trapped it, we called Housekeeping and the front desk to warn them so it could be taken care of while they cleaned. When we returned, our room was cleaned, but the lizard was still there.

We asked for turn down service on our first day for our stay and got it our LAST night. That was a disappointment.

Overall we were a bit disappointed. Sad to say it ,though.

Wow I just got back this morning and sorry to hear you had so many issues. I was in the Tower Room 11th floor 4741. The service was Fantastic. They even straightened up my two girls mess(twin 4yrs old). They changed all the towels and even exchanged a comforter that one of my girls wrote on with crayon. The towels were fashioned into mickey ears and swans. I order room service twice and they were on time and the food was excellent. We even celebrate our daughter b'day. They gave us two cakes(mickey ears brown cakes)with M&Ms, 8 balloons, chocolate puzzle, and a signed B'day card with The princesses photo and signatures.

All in all I found the service to be very good. I called before leaving to the Parks each day and they had the rooms cleaned prior to our return. IF YOU HAVE small kids I reccommend calling each day so they put you on the top of the list!! One day we returned within 2 hours (bathroom break) and the room was cleaned and vaccumed.

As far as food. Bring as much as you can the Grab in Go was not adequate for small children and it's way over priced!!
8/02 All Star Resort
7/05 Universal and Disney S.O.P.
9/07 Contemporary Resort
2008 -still contemplating-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: