Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #2086
Melissa
Mouseketeer

POFQ delivery have I got this right?

Ok I am going to call and order a cake it will get delivered to POFQ then what? do I ask at check in, since I am having it delivered that day? Or do they just bring it to the room at a certain time? Do you have to be there when it comes?
5/03 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
5/04 Land and Sea. 4 nights at Poly, 4 nights on the Wonder. Discovery Cove and Sea World Hotel Royal Plaza
8/05 Wilderness Lodge- 4 nights, Hard Rock - 4 nights
1/06 Quick trip to CBR with 2 grandmas!
5/06 9 days off site - Hard Rock Hotel and OLC
11/06 Lexi's surprise 9th bday trip HRH and POR
5/07 HRH and Sheraton Vistana
10/3/07 6 nights at POFQ, MNSSHP- with DD's best friend and her mom.
5/5/2008 POFQ 5 days and the PPP

10/07/2008 6 nights at HOME! Our first stay as DVC members!
4/20/2009 5 nights Vero Beach 4 nights at WDW DVC
TBD.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:14 PM   #2087
princess jackie
DIS Veteran

Does anyone call and comfirm that there is a cake ordered for you? I'm having doubts about my dessert. And if you call, when do you call? I have almost 3 weeks before we go. Should I call a week before we go?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #2088
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess jackie View Post
Does anyone call and comfirm that there is a cake ordered for you? I'm having doubts about my dessert. And if you call, when do you call? I have almost 3 weeks before we go. Should I call a week before we go?
Disney only needs a week to 48 hours notice when ordering a cake or special dessert. If you order it any earlier than that then yes, you should definitely call and confirm it before you leave for your trip; probably 48 hours before your trip would be good.

Some have reported their cake orders getting lost, and the earlier you order it, the better chance you have of that happening.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #2089
kckmom
Mouseketeer

I just called the number for the bakery for MK, they told me that they wouldn't personalize the cake for us, does this sound right? We are having dinner at CRT the last night of our trip, and wanted to have a surprise 10th anniversary cake for DH and I, plus our girls. What do you guys think? We leave in 16 days, so I have a little time.

ME DD10 DD8 DD5

2005 Marriott Grande Vista
2007 Horizons Marriott
2009 Marriott Grande Vista
Old 09-12-2007, 02:50 PM   #2090
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kckmom View Post
I just called the number for the bakery for MK, they told me that they wouldn't personalize the cake for us, does this sound right? We are having dinner at CRT the last night of our trip, and wanted to have a surprise 10th anniversary cake for DH and I, plus our girls. What do you guys think? We leave in 16 days, so I have a little time.
Call the cake hotline number at #407-827-2253 and order it through them. I had a personalized cake at CRT so I know they can do it.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #2091
MARY-IN-OH
DIS Veteran

Hi !!

too many posts to read, I tried a few pages, but didn't see the exact answer.

If you have a cake delivered to your restaurant (Kona), but are planning to go to the park after dinner for parade, will Disney get the (leftover) cake back to the hotel (POFQ)? Or, do you need to stop back at the restaurant to get it and take it to the hotel yourself? It is possible for us to go back to get it, but if we didn't have to we would let Disney handle it.

And cakes cannot be delivered to rooms, right?

thanks!
mary
Dec 98 ASMu- - March 04 Pop- - Dec 06 OKW/Pop- -Sept 07 POFQ- - Oct 07 ASMo - - May 08 Pop/OKW - - Jan09 SSR- -Sept 09 BWV- -Dec 09 ASMo/OKW - -June 10 Pop/BCV- -Sept 10 AKV Kidani - -MAY 20, 2011 SSR/AKV JAMBO - - SEPT 9, 2011 - CBR & BWV STD VIEW 2 NTS BCV 1BR, and 4 NTS BWV 1BR STD SEPT 16 to 22nd 2012 Feb 5-12, 2013 - 2 nts POR royal room & 5 nights SSR- - Sept 7-8, 2 nts CBR and Sept 9-14, 5 nts at BWV Std view- - - Upcoming: DEC 10 - 17, 2013 SPLIT STAY OKW/SSR w/DH
Old 09-12-2007, 03:49 PM   #2092
applechips
DIS Veteran

OK, heres the 85.00 Pirate theme cake!

Here's our Pirate theme cake! We had it delivered to our table at 1900 Park Fare (GF cafe at the moment) for a late Supercalifragalistic Breakfast this past Sunday.

Everything was edible except the pearls. The treasure chest and the mast with the skull on it were made from gum paste (I think) and the rest of the items were either white chocolate or made from a hardened sugar...like the shells and the sand. The silver and gold coins were foil wrapped chocolate coins. Overall the cake LOOKED fantastic, it tasted ok. The chocolate ganache was so rich. The yellow cake was good, but the buttercream was um...not so good... it was made with a lot of shortening and not much sugar or butter IMHO, so that white part wasn't very sweet...and there was a TON of it. IMO, too much. I am not a professional pastry chef but I have made my fair share of cakes and buttercream frostings from scratch to give a good opinion, I feel. You couldn't eat too much of the cake or else it would make you a little pukey! LOL.

The cake was a yellow/vanilla cake with buttercream inside the layers and chocolate ganache on the outside. I might suggest LESS layers to anyone ordering this, because the way it was, we wanted more cake, but there was so much buttercream on the inside it took away from the cake. So 2 layers instead of 3 layers of the cake would be way better IMHO. The server put it onto the breakfast bill and I paid for everything usuing my Disney Dining Experience 20% off card, so I got that percentage off the cake.

We got it the day before we checked out, and just left it on the counter of our room. It got a little soft there but didn't completely melt. The Polynesian room fridge was just too small to accomodate this huge cake. When we checked out we asked the valet people (at the Poly) if they had a fridge and they did and so they put it in the fridge until we were ready to leave.

Back of the treasure chest area:

flag at the top of the mast

close up of the chocolate ganache and the chocolate shavings.

Inside of the layers:

The cake was huge!! And my sweet baby boy loved it:

Caribbean Beach Resort Dec 10-15, 2010 | Nov 28 ASMu then November 29 to December 4, 2009 Polynesian!!! | ASSports Dec. 13-20, 2008|Off site Cypress Pointe (never again!) & ASMusic Oct. 7-11, 2008|ASMovies Dec. 2-5, 2007 |Offsite, Windsor Hills Oct. 2007|ASMusic & Poly Sept. 2007|Offsite--Doubletree, April 2007|ASMovies, & Poly, Concierge MKView!, Dec. 2006 |Pop Century & Contemporary Resort Tower--Dec. 2005 | Pirate Cake at GF Breakfast Sept. 2007 | Cinderella Cake at 1900Park Fare, December 2008

Last edited by applechips; 09-13-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #2093
sandybobandy
DIS Veteran

wow-that cake is amazing, applechips! And your little boy is too cute!
9/29-10/6 2007 ASMU-40% off code!
Woot woot! Last minute trip planned 9/28-10/2! Also planning to do the Disney College Program in '09!!!!!!!!

Boo! To You!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #2094
applechips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARY-IN-OH View Post
Hi !!

too many posts to read, I tried a few pages, but didn't see the exact answer.

If you have a cake delivered to your restaurant (Kona), but are planning to go to the park after dinner for parade, will Disney get the (leftover) cake back to the hotel (POFQ)? Or, do you need to stop back at the restaurant to get it and take it to the hotel yourself? It is possible for us to go back to get it, but if we didn't have to we would let Disney handle it.

And cakes cannot be delivered to rooms, right?

thanks!
mary

When we were at the GF Cafe on Sunday the server asked where we were staying and said that if we were at the GF then she would have it brought up to our room but because we were not then she couldn't; we had to take it with us. And the restaurants can't keep the cake in their fridge after its been cut and eaten because of health code regulations (we asked).

So we had to take it back to our room. the next day were were able to get the valet at the Poly (where we were staying ) to hold it in their fridge.

Caribbean Beach Resort Dec 10-15, 2010 | Nov 28 ASMu then November 29 to December 4, 2009 Polynesian!!! | ASSports Dec. 13-20, 2008|Off site Cypress Pointe (never again!) & ASMusic Oct. 7-11, 2008|ASMovies Dec. 2-5, 2007 |Offsite, Windsor Hills Oct. 2007|ASMusic & Poly Sept. 2007|Offsite--Doubletree, April 2007|ASMovies, & Poly, Concierge MKView!, Dec. 2006 |Pop Century & Contemporary Resort Tower--Dec. 2005 | Pirate Cake at GF Breakfast Sept. 2007 | Cinderella Cake at 1900Park Fare, December 2008
Old 09-12-2007, 04:30 PM   #2095
Brier Rose
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by applechips View Post
Here's our Pirate theme cake! We had it delivered to our table at 1900 Park Fare (GF cafe at the moment) for a late Supercalifragalistic Breakfast this past Sunday.

Everything was edible except the pearls. The treasure chest and the mast with the skull on it were made from gum paste (I think) and the rest of the items were either white chocolate or made from a hardened sugar...like the shells and the sand. The silver and gold coins were foil wrapped chocolate coins. Overall the cake LOOKED fantastic, it tasted ok. The chocolate ganache was so rich. The yellow cake was good, but the buttercream was um...not so good... it was made with a lot of shortening and not much sugar or butter IMHO, so that white part wasn't very sweet...and there was a TON of it. IMO, too much. I am not a professional pastry chef but I have made my fair share of cakes and buttercream frostings from scratch to give a good opinion, I feel. You couldn't eat too much of the cake or else it would make you a little pukey! LOL.

The cake was a yellow/vanilla cake with buttercream inside the layers and chocolate ganache on the outside. I might suggest LESS layers to anyone ordering this, because the way it was, we wanted more cake, but there was so much buttercream on the inside it took away from the cake. So 2 layers instead of 3 layers of the cake would be way better IMHO. The server put it onto the breakfast bill and I paid for everything usuing my Disney Dining Experience 20% off card, so I got that percentage off the cake.

We got it the day before we checked out, and just left it on the counter of our room. It got a little soft there but didn't completely melt. The Polynesian room fridge was just too small to accomodate this huge cake. When we checked out we asked the valet people (at the Poly) if they had a fridge and they did and so they put it in the fridge until we were ready to leave.
I love this cake!! I have been trying to find a cake for my DS for his bday in October that was more in line with what I wanted to spend.

He originally wanted a cake with a picture of the castle in the background, with fireworks over it, and the characters standing in front of it.
The price they gave me was $250.00!!!

I actually gave them the picture, and I just assumed it could be put on the cake like our local grocery store does for like $50.00 bucks!

I have NO doubt that the cake would have been fantastic, but they are already charging us $750.00 for our DD's Sweet 16 cake!!

If I went ahead with this for DS that like $1000 for CAKE!!!

I'm going to show him the picture of your pirate cake. I think he'll love it too!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #2096
atisikitabasket
Mom Always Said I was a Little Off

applechips that is a really cute cake. Did 1900 do anything special for a little boys birthday? We are thinking of having our 4yr old birthday there I knew girls got a tiara or something but I didn't know about boys.

Now I am worried about the buttercream icing.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:21 PM   #2097
snowdrift7
DIS Veteran

Cakes & Cruises - what happens when it rains

A few weeks ago, I ordered from GFB a 10" yellow cake (strawberries & custard filling) white buttercream icing to be delivered to GF's marina for a wishes cruise for our 25th anniversary which was last night.

Unfortunately, last night there was a bad thunderstorm and eventually the cruise was cancelled due to dangerous lightning. As disappointed as i was in this, all I wanted to know is WHERE'S MY CAKE?? Everyone thought I was nuts. Worse yet, no one seemed to know where the cake was!

Here it was my 25th anniversary, I was soaking wet, my plans for a surprise wishes cruise with banners & balloons which I'd arranged back in June were washed out - literally, and all I could talk about was the cake. Finally gave up all hope and left for the BC. I got right on the phone and disney offered to rebook the cruise (for tonight) and then I called GFB to talk about the cake. Turns out it found its way back there. I told them about the cruise and they immediately promised to bake another for us and deliver it to the Marina tonight. I'm thrilled that they offered that without my asking for it.

Anyway, it's 90 minutes before the cruise leaves and guess what ... it's thundering ... again. Wish us luck - hopefully this time the storm will have passed by the time 8 pm rolls around. Because no matter what, I want to eat that anniversary cake - even if it's one day late.

cyn

Old 09-12-2007, 06:34 PM   #2098
snowdrift7
DIS Veteran

Cake/Cruise Update - Cruise cancelled due to dangerous weather again; cake stranded... again. If I ever see the cake I will post photos. You gotta laugh

But here's a suggestion for anyone thinking of having a cake delivered to a fireworks cruise - maybe you should have it delivered to a restaurant instead. You can always bring the remainder on the cruise. JMO.

cyn

Old 09-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #2099
mickey2000
Pin trader

Boardwalk Bakery delivered to Spoodles for surprise

[
][/URL]][/URL][
Old 09-12-2007, 07:42 PM   #2100
Julieh22
DIS Veteran

Applechips, Do you mind me asking what the price of this cake was?
Disney Wedding at the YC and Honeymoon at CBR - March 2002, AllStar Music - Oct. 2002, AllStar Sports - Oct. 2003, CSR - Oct. 2004, AKL - Dec. 2004, POP - Oct. 2005, Beach Club - Sept. 2006, CSR/WL - Dec. 2006, CBR - May 2007, Beach Club - Sept. 2007, Beach Club - Sept. 2008, Beach Club - June 2009, Polynesian - Sept. 2009, AllStar Movie - May 2010, CSR - Dec 2010, BC/CBR - Oct 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: