Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2007, 09:47 PM   #1
Disneyfreak92
Married to a Pretty, Pretty Princess
Did you say shopping? I kind of spring to attention when I hear that word!

Meeting, Munching, and Merriment!-Updated 7/7-Can you believe I updated this again?

Hi fellow DISers!

I have finally finished my last trippie, and it is now 23 days until our next trip to the wonderful world of Disney! You know what that means? I hope so anyway, because you’re reading it. Another pre-trippie!

Well then, how this trip came to be…

Well, maybe you’ve read my first trip report, Pengin and Princess Storm the Castle, from last November. (If not, you can find it through the link in my siggie, and you must go read it right now! J/K, but it IS a good suggestion. ) Anywho, when we were at WDW last November we learned of a little promo they call the bounceback program! If we booked a trip for the following September while we were still there, we would get the dining plan for free. We had to purchase one-day tickets even though we are AP holders, so we had some numbers to run. Also if you recall from that November trip, DH’s father and stepmother were supposed to accompany us, but cancelled due to having one income and two mortgages at the time. Well, this new trip could give us the chance to offer them a do-over. So, we made a call to them, crunched some numbers, and figured out that it would work. We booked the dates, 9/28-10/6 at Port Orleans French Quarter so that we could do both MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival, neither of which we had ever done before. Great, right? We thought so too.

We return from our trip, and I join the DISappearing Peeps thread over on the WISH boards, a fantastic support thread for weight loss started by the Queen of trip reports - UtahMama! I was encouraged to jump in and start posting by monymony, who I had met on the trip report boards because our November trips coincided, as did our trip reports. I’ve had success. (See the ribbon in my siggie.) It’s a process, but the ladies and gent on that thread are amazing, and I can’t imagine this journey without them. There really aren’t words for what that thread and my Peeps mean to me.

Shortly after that, Animal Kingdom Villas became available. After some research and some discussions, we decided to add on to our DVC contract. We added 100 points at AKV!

Fast forward a few months later. We get cancelled on - again! Yeah, that’s right. Again! Then…free dining is announced! Posts fly on the DISappearing Peeps thread, PM’s fly as well, phone calls are made, and a Peep meet is planned. That’s right, I’ll be meeting some of those DISappearing Peeps on this trip! We added a day to the beginning of our trip, so now we’re going 9/27-10/6. I mention this to my friend Jill, who lives near WDW, and she informs me that there will be another meet at the end of our trip! VMK/DIS people will be there. How cool is this?

We still have four people on our reservation. What to do? Ask someone else, of course. We ask a friend of mine, but she is getting married at the end of July (and I am photographing her wedding!), and she can’t do it. We ask DH’s cousin and a good friend of hers. They can’t. I guess it’s just us. And once again, that’s OK!

Let’s introduce you to the cast of characters…

Me/Lynda/PrincessLynda/Disneyfreak92/Cookieface - If you don’t already know, I am a lifelong Disney fan. I am a total Disney freak! (hence the screen name) I have a wallet full of Disney-related cards - Disney Visa, Walt Disney Collector’s Society, DVC member, annual pass, … and of course, I’m a DIS board member! My first trip was when I was 7, back in 1981, when the Magic Kingdom was the only park. Ten long years later, in 1991, I made it back. I was 17 on my second trip, and there were 3 parks then. We went to all the parks as well as Universal Studios, Clearwater Beach and Tarpon Springs. It was on this trip that I decided I wanted to be a movie director. That didn’t happen. After 2 years of film school, costs became an issue, and I left school and became a firefighter and paramedic for 5 years before moving back home and going back to school. I worked in customer service for several years and got my associates degree in Computer Information Systems. In 2002, I was married to my DH , and of course we honeymooned at the happiest place on earth! I now work in a Human Resources department, and 13 years after leaving film school, I am now working towards having my own photography business. DH and I had to wait 3 years to return to WDW after our honeymoon, but we have been back 6 times since then, making this my 10th trip to the World! Now, there’s something to celebrate!

DH/Josh/pengin/penguin77/Joshie – My hubby , finance manager at a car dealership, converted Disney fanatic, pin trader extrordinare, all around great, goofy guy, and now…fellow trip report writer! He has also started a pre-trippie for this trip. So you can check out his trippie also. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1562291 Now I say converted Disney fan because he liked Disney movies, but had never been to WDW when we met, and after our honeymoon, he was hooked, and now, he wants to move there and become a DVC guide! This will be his eighth trip to WDW!

My Mom/DM - The woman who originally took me to Disney, who we took to Disney in February of 2006, and who, when she doesn’t go to Disney with us, watches our cat, Oliver and our beagle puppy, Jasper.

Oliver - our 4-yr-old, fat, lazy, fluffy, needy, lovable, soft, orange and white, prissy, mama's boy cat who we adopted from the humane society in October of ‘05.

Jasper - our 1 ½-yr-old, high-energy, absolutely adorable, relatively well-behaved, but occasionally-evil Beagle puppy princess.

As always, I mention the pets because my mom will be staying with them, and there is always a chance that I will receive entertaining phone calls from her about them while we’re gone, and have a funny story to tell you all. Besides, they’re the only “kids” I have at this time!

Then, there’s the Peeps and the Zetas (the DIS/VMK group I referred to earlier). I’ll introduce them as they become part of the story because honestly, there’s quite a few of them all together.

I am a big fan of Birnbaum’s guides. (We own several of these.) And this will be my second trip using my Deluxe PassPorter for 2007! I had gotten my first one for our November trip last year, and I loved it! So this year, I got the deluxe edition so I could just order refills from here on out!

Here’s the plan!

9/26 - DH picks me up from work at about 1pm, and we are off! We stay in Georgia that night.

9/27 - We arrive at WDW! After we check in at POFQ, we are heading to Epcot. There we will be meeting up with Lexmelinda and some of her clan! And we’ll be viewing Illuminations.

9/28 - This is Magic Kingdom day, and we have a 7:40 ressie at Kona for the DISappearing Peep Grand Gathering! After that, it’s off to watch Hallowishes from the Poly beach with the group and meet some more DIS peeps. Maybe Nebo and Smidgy, Backstage Gal, possibly others. Then we are planning on heading over to Pleasure Island and going to Adventurer’s Club, hopefully with some of our new friends.

9/29 - MGM day. We’ve got 50’s Prime Time ADRs for lunch and Brown Derby ADRs for dinner with the Fantasmic package! We haven’t been to Fantasmic in a while, so I’m looking forward to that. We are also hopefully meeting up with some others in the group who are doing the Fantasmic package that night. UtahMama? Sandy???

9/30 - This is our first free day. Not sure what we’re doing yet. But we ARE going to Hoop Dee Doo that night! That’s a first for us. And we’re hoping to have our local friend, Jill join us. It would be a first for her also!

10/1 - This is another Magic Kingdom day. We have ‘Ohana ADRs for dinner.

10/2 - This is our Epcot Food and Wine day. We plan on eating at the various booths and just checking out what this festival has to offer throughout the day. That night, we have dinner ADRs at Jiko. And we’ll likely hit Pleasure Island again.

10/3 - Animal Kingdom day! It’s our last chance, so we’re doing Breakfastosaurus. Then we have dinner ADRs at Yachtsman and will go to Jellyrolls after that.

10/4 - This is another free day. Once again, not sure what we’re doing yet. But we do have dinner ADRs at Narcoosee’s and MNSSHP tickets!

10/5 - This is another Epcot day, and we are doing the Cape May character breakfast. Then we have Coral Reef dinner ADRs. This is also the day that a few Zetas arrive, and we are hoping to meet up with some of them. One of them we missed on another trip - Shelley! And she’s supposed to drag along Dagny as well.

10/6 - Well, this is our last morning, so we have our traditional ‘Ohana character breakfast planned with Jill. We are also planning to meet with another DISer, Michelle, and her family that morning. After that, we’ll hit DTD or a park before heading home.

I mentioned at the end of my last trippie that I would update my readers on what I’ve been up to this summer, and I will! But I will do so in the next installment. Don’t worry. It’ll be coming soon!

Thanks for tuning in for another trippie! I hope you enjoy it! Here we go again...

The Index
I've decided to try adding an index to this trippie and see how it goes.

Installment #1 - You're reading it now!
Installment #2 - Page 2 This Summer in Pictures
Installment #3 - Page 2 Talking Disney Trips!
Installment #4 - Page 2 Indy Zoo & Disney Shopping
Installment #5 - Page 3 Camera Stuff & Survival Kits
Installment #6 - Page 6 On the Road Again
Installment #7 - Page 7 Meeting Miss Melinda...and Mimi and Emily
Installment #8 - Page 8 Soarin' and Illuminations
Installment #9 - Page 10 Riding our way through the MK!
Installment #10 - Page 11 So Many DISers, So Little Time
Installment #11 - Page 14 Cowboys Abduct Us, and Remy and Emile Abduct Pal Mickey

Previous Trip Reports
Pengin and Princess Storm the Castle~Nov/Dec 06
Two Disney Dorks Celebrate 5 Years of Wedded Bliss~May 07
1981 Offsite~1991 Offsite~May/June 2002 Beach Club Honeymoon~May/June 2005 All Star Movies~December 2005 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas~February 2006 Port Orleans Riverside~May 2006 Boardwalk Villas~November/December 2006 Saratoga Springs~May 2007 Old Key West~September/October 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter~May 2008 Animal Kingdom Villas~September 2008 Wilderness Lodge Villas~November 2008 Grand Californian!~May 2009 Boardwalk Villas~October 2009 Saratoga Springs/Bay Lake Tower~December 2009 Saratoga Springs~May 2010 Bay Lake Tower~November 2010 Moved to my happy place!

Last edited by Disneyfreak92; 03-25-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:47 PM   #2
crarmy
Mouseketeer

Hi Lynda, am I the first one to reply?? That's a first for me!!

I am so glad you are doing a new trip report, needless to say I loved your last TR!! Can't wait to read more.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2007, 11:54 PM   #3
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Hi, I'm Lori....the Forgotten Zeta.

It goes to show, I'll always just miss meeting the Zetas no matter what I do!
LOL! I'll be doing the tag-team trip right after, though. And I believe I'll get
to meet some of these lovely DIS people on my trip, though!

And Hoop is hilarious. Especially whilst consuming endless adult beverages.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:42 AM   #4
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Wow, you are such an amazing person. One day our paths will cross again and we will meet. I just know it.

I am so amazed at your progress with the peeps.

I promise not to get sidetracked and fall behind with this trippie. I will stay on it!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:02 AM   #5
Disneyfreak92

Quote:
Originally Posted by crarmy View Post
Hi Lynda, am I the first one to reply?? That's a first for me!!

I am so glad you are doing a new trip report, needless to say I loved your last TR!! Can't wait to read more.
Congrats on being first!

Thanks for joining in again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
Hi, I'm Lori....the Forgotten Zeta.

It goes to show, I'll always just miss meeting the Zetas no matter what I do!
LOL! I'll be doing the tag-team trip right after, though. And I believe I'll get
to meet some of these lovely DIS people on my trip, though!

And Hoop is hilarious. Especially whilst consuming endless adult beverages.
Oh, Lori! You could never be forgotten! I AM disappointed we will be missing you in October. But we'll be leaving a little something behind for you with Jill. And at least we got to see you this summer. And perhaps we'll have to let you know when we get ready to buy our new bed at IKEA. Maybe we can meet up again.

I hope you get to meet some Zetas while you are there. And I can't wait for Hoop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
Wow, you are such an amazing person. One day our paths will cross again and we will meet. I just know it.

I am so amazed at your progress with the peeps.

I promise not to get sidetracked and fall behind with this trippie. I will stay on it!
I know it too Monica! We'll make it happen one day. Heck, we aren't that far from each other. We should have an IL/IN/MI peep meet or something!

Thanks! I have a long way to go, but at least I'm moving in the right direction.

OK, but it's not like you didn't have an excellent excuse on the last one. How is the little princess anyway? (Other than adorable, of course)

I also keep forgetting to mention that I saw Zach's weight loss in your siggie. Way to go Zach!
1981 Offsite~1991 Offsite~May/June 2002 Beach Club Honeymoon~May/June 2005 All Star Movies~December 2005 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas~February 2006 Port Orleans Riverside~May 2006 Boardwalk Villas~November/December 2006 Saratoga Springs~May 2007 Old Key West~September/October 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter~May 2008 Animal Kingdom Villas~September 2008 Wilderness Lodge Villas~November 2008 Grand Californian!~May 2009 Boardwalk Villas~October 2009 Saratoga Springs/Bay Lake Tower~December 2009 Saratoga Springs~May 2010 Bay Lake Tower~November 2010 Moved to my happy place!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:51 AM   #6
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

The little princess, whom I happen to be calling my little peepachoo is doing awesome.

I think a side trip to Cedar Pointe should be planned.

You are meeting up with NEBO and SMIDGY???? Now I am jealous.

Lexy too! That's awesome.

You will love the Hoop Dee Doo. It's a must for us.

Are you dressing up for MNSSHP?
Old 09-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #7
DisneyObsession
DIS Veteran

I am sooo excited that you are writing another TR!!!! That is great!!!

I am going to have to live the Peep-Meet through your TR, since I can't make it. Maybe another time! Can't wait to hear more!
Old 09-04-2007, 02:36 PM   #8
lexmelinda
Has a Seussical googling DD
I'll remember from now on

I"M HERE!!!

OK....I haven't read your first installment yet but can't wait!

Cause I might even be IN this trip report! (That's my kids. They might be in it too.)
Old 09-04-2007, 02:38 PM   #9
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

hi, lynda!!! i'm so excited for another trippie from you! i do wish either i was going to WDW later or you were going earlier....we're going to miss each other by 2 days! so frustrating.

looking forward to more and to your beautiful pictures, as always!
Old 09-04-2007, 02:59 PM   #10
eeyore45
Do-it-yourself pixie dust = buy a bag of glitter at the mall
Pixie dusts CMs for fun
I need my nectar - Dr Pepper anyone??

Lynda Now about 9/29 I'd love to do Fantasmic with y'all but there's this little party going on at EPCOT - you may have heard of it? Party For the Senses??? Yep, that's right, I'm pouring loads more cash into Disney so dh and I can try to restrain ourselves at the Party to try and not "break even" (I'm really wanting to start a trip report on this vent alone!! )

But I'll be at Kona!! I didnt know Nebo and Smidgey lived in our neck of the woods!! You'd think we could've talked them into meeting up at Woodfield!!

Last edited by eeyore45; 09-04-2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: am I the only one that sees Punkins countdown as 23 days to go?
Old 09-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #11
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Hi! I just finished reading your other TR and I had to join in on this one!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 09-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #12
TheDISneyFamily
°O° DIS Friendship Pixie °O°
I call it the Save & Splurge!
We're ready to meet some DIS'ers!

Yay! A brand new TR! Look, there I am, mentioned on your last day! (Hopefully, you saw my post on your other TR and know that it's me, mlill. This is my new screen name.) I can't wait to finally meet you and Josh! I'd better go find his TR and say, "Hi!"

Well, you're off to a great start, as usual! This is gonna be one heck of a trip! I'm so glad that you get to meet the Peeps. I wish our trip was sooner, but I guess I'll have to take what little time in WDW that I can get. (We were supposed to take this year off from Disney! )

I'm hooked already!
-Michelle

Home Sweet Home - BWV - I'm going back to my happy place!

***DIS/TFW Friendship Pixie***
Old 09-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #13
Disneyfreak92

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
The little princess, whom I happen to be calling my little peepachoo is doing awesome.

I think a side trip to Cedar Pointe should be planned.

You are meeting up with NEBO and SMIDGY???? Now I am jealous.

Lexy too! That's awesome.

You will love the Hoop Dee Doo. It's a must for us.

Are you dressing up for MNSSHP?
Peepachoo?! I LOVE it!

OH, I like your thinkin'! We didn't get to do Cedar Point this year, but more on that later.

That's what I hear! I believe they will be there for the Poly beach Hallowishes viewing.

And yes, Lexy! I can't wait! I'll give you as much detail as I can, I promise.

I don't have anything in mind for MNSSHP at this point. I'd love to be a pirate princess, but I can't figure out how to do that well, inexpensively, and comfortably (for both the heat and the walking/riding at the park). Plus, we're eating at Narcoosee's right before the party. So not sure I will be dressing up. I might wear my pirate princess ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyObsession View Post
I am sooo excited that you are writing another TR!!!! That is great!!!

I am going to have to live the Peep-Meet through your TR, since I can't make it. Maybe another time! Can't wait to hear more!
I'll do my best to document all the meeting for you. Thanks for joining in the fun yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmelinda View Post
I"M HERE!!!

OK....I haven't read your first installment yet but can't wait!

Cause I might even be IN this trip report! (That's my kids. They might be in it too.)
You already ARE in this TR Melinda! You're in my itinerary! And I think it's likely your kiddos will make it in here too. I can't wait to take some pics with Mimi. And I'm just so anxious to meet you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
hi, lynda!!! i'm so excited for another trippie from you! i do wish either i was going to WDW later or you were going earlier....we're going to miss each other by 2 days! so frustrating.

looking forward to more and to your beautiful pictures, as always!
I wish the same Dawn. I wish the same. It is VERY frustrating! Maybe next year. We MUST meet up sometime! Too bad we can't meet somewhere with our furry kids! They'd looooooooove that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore45 View Post
Lynda Now about 9/29 I'd love to do Fantasmic with y'all but there's this little party going on at EPCOT - you may have heard of it? Party For the Senses??? Yep, that's right, I'm pouring loads more cash into Disney so dh and I can try to restrain ourselves at the Party to try and not "break even" (I'm really wanting to start a trip report on this vent alone!! )

But I'll be at Kona!! I didnt know Nebo and Smidgey lived in our neck of the woods!! You'd think we could've talked them into meeting up at Woodfield!!
Oh, that's your Pary for the Senses night! Well, we will see you at Kona, and I'm sure we'll see you more this fall what with the boys back at school.

Yeah, they are! Oh! We should've asked them if they could make it! Well, there'll be more trips to Shaumburg for us for sure.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #14
Disneyfreak92

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Hi! I just finished reading your other TR and I had to join in on this one!
Thanks for joining in again! Always nice to have "regulars".

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDISneyFamily View Post
Yay! A brand new TR! Look, there I am, mentioned on your last day! (Hopefully, you saw my post on your other TR and know that it's me, mlill. This is my new screen name.) I can't wait to finally meet you and Josh! I'd better go find his TR and say, "Hi!"

Well, you're off to a great start, as usual! This is gonna be one heck of a trip! I'm so glad that you get to meet the Peeps. I wish our trip was sooner, but I guess I'll have to take what little time in WDW that I can get. (We were supposed to take this year off from Disney! )

I'm hooked already!
-Michelle
I did see the other post. (I've replied to it now.) I can't wait to meet you either. Well, you do get to meet us. Too bad you're not there earlier, but we'll make the most of our meet. And glad you didn't have to take a year off from Disney!
Old 09-04-2007, 07:06 PM   #15
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak92 View Post
Too bad we can't meet somewhere with our furry kids! They'd looooooooove that!
oh, the slobbery, chaos-filled fun that would be had!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: