Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2007, 11:35 AM   #31
Magalex
DIS Veteran

I really hope they keep these activities. Because I would like to stay at Music on our next trip but this will be a reason to convince my 7 yr old DS he will enjoy Music. He enjoyed the small games at the CBR's pool this past summer.
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:25 PM   #32
DISCRAZYFAMILYOF6
Earning My Ears

We are going to be staying at ASMu Sept. 10-19. There are 6 of us and I requested adjoined rooms, but should I call and confirm that I got them?

Disney Trips
Jan. 2010
Sept. 2007
Sept. 1996
April 1986
DISCRAZYFAMILYOF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2007, 12:32 PM   #33
momof2sons
Mouseketeer

Thanks for starting this new informative resort thread. We will be staying here in Oct our first trip at this resort. We have stayed at YC, POP, POR, and ASMo and we can't wait to try out the ASMu.

Anyone have more photos or experiences. Please post them the good the bad and the magical. We would love to read them.
momof2sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:49 PM   #34
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

Thanks for this thread! We are staying at the All Star Music Sept 22-30th and I have been having some trouble finding info on it! Thanks kath1210 for the photos! I will be sure to add my own review and photos to this thread when I get back!
Old 08-30-2007, 01:39 PM   #35
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

hello, we have been seriously thinking of another vacation to Disney the last week of Dec. I know I've been told it will be very hectic that week, but might be our last chance for awhile, so will just have to deal with the crowds!
We've stayed at ASMo and the POP, but have wanted to try ASMu, mainly because well we love music and our olderest DS has decided on music as his major, so thought it would be fun for all to give it a try next go around!
My question is, how comfortable are the suites. There would be 6 of us because we are taking DS(15) best friend with us. Do they allow 6 in the suites being that it is technically 2 rooms?? And will we have plenty of space?
Last question, in your opinion is it to cold to swim at the end of Dec., I know the pools are heated, but how heated?? The kids will bug me til I find out!
Thanks ahead of time!
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(16) Jasper Precious
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:00 PM   #36
diznyfanatic
Officially a Moosehead

Thanks so much for starting this thread and a big thanks to Linda for sharing all of her ASMU knowledge.

We recently added a night at Music before our DVC stay for our upcoming F&W trip and are really excited to try this resort!

It sounds like the resort is pretty quiet no matter what section you end up in, but if a pool isn't a big need for us this trip (no kids this time), can anyone recommend a section?

The Broadway and Jazz sections sound nice, but would appreciate all suggestions! Thanks!
Old 08-30-2007, 03:49 PM   #37
zipuzee
DIS Veteran

I'm excited about our stay here in 50 or so days Does anyone know if they now have hair dryers in the rooms? TIA

Lauri

1976 (FW), 1984 (FW), 1988 (FW), 1992 (FW), 1995 (POLY), 2001 (offsite), 2006 (WL), 2007 (ASMu) 2014 (ASMu)
zipuzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:39 PM   #38
pugluver31902
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyFamilyof5 View Post
hello, we have been seriously thinking of another vacation to Disney the last week of Dec. I know I've been told it will be very hectic that week, but might be our last chance for awhile, so will just have to deal with the crowds!
We've stayed at ASMo and the POP, but have wanted to try ASMu, mainly because well we love music and our olderest DS has decided on music as his major, so thought it would be fun for all to give it a try next go around!
My question is, how comfortable are the suites. There would be 6 of us because we are taking DS(15) best friend with us. Do they allow 6 in the suites being that it is technically 2 rooms?? And will we have plenty of space?
Last question, in your opinion is it to cold to swim at the end of Dec., I know the pools are heated, but how heated?? The kids will bug me til I find out!
Thanks ahead of time!
My husband and I tried to book for December, and all the values were booked. Was anyone else able to book music for December?
pugluver31902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:57 PM   #39
coastermom
Proud Redhead
I am not crazy just like my job
This makes the decision much easier
ROLLERCOASTERS ARE MY LIFE

I just tried to book a suite for May the 1st till the 5th for a long weekend and can't get a family suite at all . I wonder why ?? Now the kids want to go to the hard rock hotel in universal but I figured I would try Disney too . This is for her sweet 16. I think the Hard rock it will be as I can't get a suite and the prices for other hotels are more then the hard rock. AHHH Kids they are making me nuts.
coastermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:20 PM   #40
Iluvthemouse
DIS Veteran

Thank you OP for this thread. We will be there in 13 days.

Sorry if this has been covered but have all the rooms been renovated?
Iluvthemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:38 PM   #41
kath1210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipuzee View Post
I'm excited about our stay here in 50 or so days Does anyone know if they now have hair dryers in the rooms? TIA
Yes, a few weeks ago, we had a standard room in the Broadway building and we did have a hair dryer.

kath1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:02 PM   #42
emh1129
I admit, though, that I had Disney-tunnel-vision
Had a fish named mushroom
Most of the people here are completely clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugluver31902 View Post
My husband and I tried to book for December, and all the values were booked. Was anyone else able to book music for December?
I think it just depends upon which week you're planning to visit.
We changed our trip from T-giving week to Dec.15-23rd and were able to get music with no problems. I would imagine the next few days and into the holidays would be full, though.

emh1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:46 PM   #43
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugluver31902 View Post
It pops up a suite for me everytime. Maybe it's certain dates that are booked??
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(16) Jasper Precious
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:23 PM   #44
FoundNemoLostDori
Are my Mickey Ears on Straight?

I just got back from All Star Music and first let me say...... Why oh why couldn't it have been longer?! My husband and I stayed there for a week and I just can't imagine another hotel being any better. The staff are super professional and very helpful. I adore the cafeteria and miss it already. Try their choco chip pancakes or mickey waffles for breakfast, their nachos or taco salad for lunch, and don't forget their pizza, hamburgers, and delectable chicken! Refills are available in the center of the room and I love the big screen tv in the back where they play Disney cartoons all day and a movie at night (if it's raining outside). My hubby and I watched the dance contests they had for the kids and couldn't believe how adorable they were. One evening they had dancing by the pool and this little 5 or 6 yr old boy was doing a solo dance and really getting with it. At the end the whole pool clapped for him and were whistling. They have activities going all the time and the pools are fantastic. We received a wonderful message from the manager at the end of our stay and the rooms were above board with being clean. Mousekeeping was wonderful and made towel animals for us. One evening we were shocked when we came back to the hotel to find that our stuffed animal on our bed had the remote control in her hands and was watching disney cartoons. I absolutely loved that the Mousekeepers had such a great sense of humor! After that we had a running joke with making Trixie, our stuffed dinosaur, do something new every day. The maids had fun with it and played along with it as well. We were celebrating my 30th birthday and everyone at the parks were great. I got a free sundae at the Rainforest cafe along with singing Happy Birthday. I also got a signed birthday card from all the crew at the Sci Fi Dine In Theatre along with another ice cream sundae ( I def. had enough ice cream this trip lol) So yes, I would definitely recommend the All Star Music Resort and seeing as we've stayed there 3 times already, we'll def. be back again!
FoundNemoLostDori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:59 PM   #45
lisaluvsmickey2000
Mouseketeer

We have booked the special deal for the week after Thanksgiving. Our friends will be staying 11/26-12/2 and we will be there 11/26-12/5! This is our first trip to ASMu, so I'm glad to see this thread and all the positive reviews Last year we stayed at POP and really enjoyed ourselves. We own at Westgate, but sell our weeks to afford to stay on property I'll be sure to post plenty of pics and reviews.

Any suggestions from the ASMu experts on what rooms to ask for? We are 2 couples w/o kids, wanting quiet. The POP room we had last year was in 50's facing the lake and we could see the fireworks each night from MK and EPCOT. Any rooms like this at ASMu?????

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: