Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2007, 09:51 PM   #76
Amlee
Nobody likes me, Everyone hates me! I'm gonna eat a worm!
My family thinks I have some type of genetic flaw as they ALL iron like mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrunty View Post
Hi All,
I'm having so much fun reading all the posts! My hubby and I have been on 2 Disney cruises. (4 day and Eastern 7 day) We've got the 10 day Med cruise in June. Can't wait!!! I have not seen it mentioned here, but we have always had our favorite "themed night" menu (the last one was pirate night) signed by our head server, food server, and drink server. You really get to know them after a week long cruise! Plus some of the menus are so beautiful we have had them framed as art. (get two so you can frame the front and back in one) We also like to look back and see what we ate that cruise! Good for memories... We'll that's my two cents...

Happy cruising!
10 Day Mediterranean cruise June 6th, 2007

Christine

I asked both our server and head server for my menu's on the 10 day cruise this past Sept. At first I was told it wasn't allowed and I couldn't have them. Well each night we watched as a certain animater who's table was located right next to ours do a autograph session, with his table mates. The lady sitting at our table of 4, pointed it out to our server. He was like WHAT? So he went and got our head server so we could point it out to him also. When we got to our cabin that night, our menu's had been slid under our door. I had them framed, they are now hanging in my hall way.
Celebrity: Century: 9/3/2007 Constellation: 11/16/2007 Millenium: 02/03/2008 Summit: 3/15/2008
Azamara: Journey: 10/20/2007

Next Up:
11/12/2008 Celebrity Solstice
01/04/2009 Disney Wonder 4nts Bahamas

To see my pictures from different places around the world, go here!
Check out my travel pictures. UpDated!

Thanks Betty!
Amlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:12 AM   #77
mattmommy
Mouseketeer
My DS loves rice. I call him my "international child".

Ok, I admit it. I took my 4th of July and farewell menu home. They shouldn't make them so cute if they want to keep them.

Ok, here's a not-so-secret. Ship things to the ship. Our two boxes arrived before our luggage did.
mattmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2007, 11:11 AM   #78
Soccermom-Cheri
one beachfront bungalow on Castaway Cay, please
oh, yes please, a big helping if Harrison Ford!
A girl can never have too many pairs of shoes!

Has anyone mentioned: don't order the drink of the day from the traveling waiters on the pool deck. The drinks may have been sitting out and gotten watery. I always order one from the bar (and boy are they yummy)
Old 03-13-2007, 11:16 AM   #79
Caitsmama
Closet Hannah Montana Fan!
am planning on getting at least one more

Crusing in December, and subscribing to this!! Great tips everyone!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:32 PM   #80
DisneyZell
Likes Adventures on the High Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan551 View Post
And for all of us running to Guest Services to have our pillowcases, mattes, aprons, etc... signed, maybe we should include a little "thank you", such as a bag of candy, for the cast members that do these special things for us!
definately. we included a bag of kisses!
DisneyZell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:34 PM   #81
DawnMarie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccermom-Cheri View Post
Has anyone mentioned: don't order the drink of the day from the traveling waiters on the pool deck. The drinks may have been sitting out and gotten watery. I always order one from the bar (and boy are they yummy)
I never knew that. I'll make sure to send DH to the bar.
DawnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:17 PM   #82
disneyfamilyforever
Earning My Ears

Poolside Dinner

On our families first Disney Cruise, one night my kids decided that they did not want to get dressed up for dinner but wanted instead to go swimming. We were told the pools were open but the slide was closed. That night was by far one of the best memories I have of being on the Disney Cruise. The Mickey pool was empty! I got the best pictures of my kids playing in the pool from the upper deck. The whole Mickey head and only my kids in the pool---priceless! Then we enjoyed the hot tubs by ourselves at the Goofy pool too. But the most amazing part of all was the staff that treated us like royalty. We ate dinner on the deck by the pool and they were catering to us the entire time. I would suggest taking this private time by the pool to everyone but make sure you do this after you have seen all three dining rooms.
disneyfamilyforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:04 PM   #83
CinderellaBride12
Mouseketeer

I had a thought with the photo mattes everyone is talking about. I worked at the portrait studio at wal mart for a while and i remember them having them with the 5 holes so you can make a collage of pictures. I think I'm going to pick a few of these up so that I can have a variety of character pictures in there with all the characters instead of one or two characters in a single picture. Maybe I'll have to leave two or three. Thanks for the suggestion of the pillowcases and the mattes!! Hopefully my thought helps someone else.
January-March 2005-College Program
April 2006-All Star Movies/All Star Music
September 2007-Disneymooners Polynesian/Disney Cruise/POFQ

My Planning Journal Link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1399084
CinderellaBride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:13 PM   #84
Ruth B
I may ask for Springs
This year we are doing a adventure day

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfamilyforever View Post
On our families first Disney Cruise, one night my kids decided that they did not want to get dressed up for dinner but wanted instead to go swimming. We were told the pools were open but the slide was closed. That night was by far one of the best memories I have of being on the Disney Cruise. The Mickey pool was empty! I got the best pictures of my kids playing in the pool from the upper deck. The whole Mickey head and only my kids in the pool---priceless! Then we enjoyed the hot tubs by ourselves at the Goofy pool too. But the most amazing part of all was the staff that treated us like royalty. We ate dinner on the deck by the pool and they were catering to us the entire time. I would suggest taking this private time by the pool to everyone but make sure you do this after you have seen all three dining rooms.
thats a nice idea- thanks for sharing
Ruth B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:46 AM   #85
angipoo
Born and bred in a briar patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Travel View Post
I bought a picture mailing envelope (okay, so I don't know the technical name for it ). But I bought it at Walmart or Kmart and of course you could find one at the post office. It has cardboard in the sides and it's padded. Then I just put it in between some flatly (is that a word?) folded clothes in my suitcase. Worked fine.
Couldn't you do this for free by going to the post office and picking up a Priority mailer envelope (one of the stiff ones) use it for the cruise and then you have one of them at home when you need to mail something Priority the next time? Just a thought!

1974 - WDW offsite 1988 - WDW offsite 2004 - Pop Century 2006 - Pop Century 2007 - Disney Wonder/ All Star Movies 2008 - Pop Century (x2) 2009 - All Star Movies 2010 - Offsite
2011 - Disneyland 2013 - WDW offsite
DH Me DD
angipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:41 AM   #86
erikthewise
Gandalf wannabe
TFs are very, very cute and feisty pixie-like creatures!

Most people know there is an exercise room in the spa that you can use at no additional charge.

But what most people don't know is that you can also use the men's/women's locker rooms in the spa at no charge! All you have to do is ask for a key at the desk. (I guess if you're the trusting sort you don't even have to do that!)

The locker rooms are quite luxurious with two unusual showers. One has a shower head as big as a pizza! You can get body lotion and shampoo out of dispensers in the shower. There are some nice lounge chairs, and I think there's even a sauna! (I don't do saunas so I didn't pay much attention to it.) It's a great place to visit after a workout instead of going back to your cabin to shower!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:06 PM   #87
ch10dad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesmom View Post
Apparently we can Topsiders (is it Beach Blanket on Wonder?) for breakfast buffet option on disembarkation morning.
We've done this before and it works great for us. Enjoy.
ch10dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:11 PM   #88
ch10dad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfamilyforever View Post

Well if you tell everyooooooooone then it will no tbe private!

Great tip, though I think it might be hard to pull my kids from the dinner table. DD11 has developed a taste for the fine art of dining. Her favorites include lobster, filet mingon, etc... all the stuff we don't normally get... thanks Mickey

Ray
ch10dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:03 PM   #89
PeterandTink
Mouseketeer

I went to Wally World today to get a mat to drop off and have signed....I found one that is esp made for signing...called Signature Event Mat...I had never noticed them before..it is 11x14 with a 5x7 opening but figured it would have more room for the characters to sign and I could print one of ours to put in it ... Just thought I would mention it havent seen anyone say anything about these kind on here..Happy Sailings..
PeterandTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:25 PM   #90
Tiggerfan14
Mouseketeer

just subscribing
Tiggerfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: