Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2007, 12:01 PM   #76
writersblock42
DIS Veteran

My legs get hotter in skirts because my legs rub together creating heat and friction (I have fairly thin legs too). So I just wear shorts but not jean shorts.
I won't be getting my period this year as I am pregnant but in the past, I used tampons and wipes. They make special hygiene wipes for women.
I have long thick curly/frizzy hair. I don't worry about how frizzy it gets but I do have a hair style that works well for me. I pull it back as if I am going to do a pony tail, then I flip the hair up and fold it in half and wrap the hair tye on it.
On-Site 2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
On-Site 2013 Coronado Springs Resort
writersblock42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:59 PM   #77
kabbie
DIS Veteran

I've never heard of diva cup before, but checked the website out and I may have to purchase one. There are about $35 which I guess is about how much I spend on pads/tampons over a few months. Learn alot on the DIS.

I definitely am a capri girl. I have problems with shorts because they ride up and I have to pull them down constantly. Does anyone else have that problem?

Read about a WDW Vet solo trip to Disneyland
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1355408
1991 Offsite 1992-1997 Lived in Tampa; Visited as a Day Visitor several times a year 2000 Offsite-Hampton Inn on Palm Parkway 2002 Offsite Jan 2004 Marriott Village (I work for Marriott) Dec 2005 All Star Vacation Home Sept 28-Oct 3, 2006 POR (First time on property!) Feb 6-10, 2007 1st time at Disneyland (Anaheim Fairfield) Sept 26-Oct 5, 2007 WL/BWV Dec 12-14, 2007 Marriott Village (free room)Dec3-10, 2008 Marriott Grande Vista May 16-21, 2009 BWV Dec 12-17, 2009 POFQ/BCV/VWLOct 20 - 24, 2010 Marriott's Sabal Palms Aug 3-8, 2011 Disneyland - Anaheim Marriott Suites
kabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2007, 01:38 PM   #78
fivefordisney
DIS Veteran

This is a great thread! Thanks!

Last year I bought mascara called "Kiss Me" that instead of painting your lashes, "tubes" them. It is pretty cool. The mascara forms little tubes around each lash that do not come off until you wash and apply gentle pressure and pull them off. It is really waterproof--no raccoon eyes! I can't wait to use it in Disney this August. It really doesn't make your lashes this though. That's the only downside.
fivefordisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:41 PM   #79
Princess SarahK
DIS Veteran

fivefordisney: if you dont mind, where did you get the kiss me mascara?? it sounds like it works great.

i have blonde, eyelashes so anything that lasts a long time and doesnt come off easily would be great! im open to any suggestions!! thanks yall!

Princess SarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:40 PM   #80
fivefordisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess SarahK View Post
fivefordisney: if you dont mind, where did you get the kiss me mascara?? it sounds like it works great.

i have blonde, eyelashes so anything that lasts a long time and doesnt come off easily would be great! im open to any suggestions!! thanks yall!
Believe it or not, I heard about this mascara on the DIS! I found it on ebay (where it was cheaper,) but you can get it from amazon, drugstore.com, or even their website: http://www.blincinc.com/us/kiss_me_mascara.php .
It's more expensive on their official website, but they do a great job of showing off the product!

Good luck!

Oh, and I mentioned soap during my last post. Actually you just need water and gentle pressure to pull off the "tubes."
fivefordisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:52 PM   #81
winniethepoohsmom
DIS Veteran

I'm taking an icepack with me on this trip, I tend to get migraines and if I take advil and lay down with the ice pack on the lower back of my head they usually go away and then I can refreeze if needed again. Linda
winniethepoohsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:52 AM   #82
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess SarahK View Post

I was able to get a travel size Kiss Me mascara on Ebay. It was a perfect size, taking up almost no room in my makeup bag.

I like Bare Escentuals mineral makeup. I'm a firm believer in body glide, but Avon also makes an antiblister balm that is good.
aubriee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:40 AM   #83
disneykid4ever
Lilo Lives On My Street

Anyone else have any more tips? I am lovin' all this info!!
"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They're people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought" - Walt Disney
disneykid4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:42 PM   #84
cookies
Mouseketeer

I just bought a Diva Cup, thanks for the tip.
Boardwalk 2003
Off Property 2004 (business trip, no kids!!!)
Boardwalk 2005
SSR first time going home 10-13-2006 to 10-18-2006
Boardwalk 1-28-07 to 2-2-07
Boardwalk 9-15-07 to 9-22-07
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/362dqfx4qa379qs9.png[/img]
Old Key West Grand Villa 11-4-2008 to 11-10-2008
cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:13 PM   #85
Hannahsmom
Cleaning your house while your children are young, is like shoveling before the blizzard is over

If you don't want to commit to the Diva cup, there is a disposable product called Instead, which is basically the same thing. The difference is you throw the cup out when you have used it instead of washing and reusing. I love this product. It is great when you have to use public bathrooms, you don't have to bother with the hassle of changing tampons/pads/wipes. These are useable up to 12 hours.

As far as skorts are concerned, I have been wearing the athletic scooter skorts this summer and I think I'm in love . I am actually looking forward to wearing these on vacation next month. I have a few that are made of a wicking material, and a few that are terry cloth. The are so comfortable.
11/2004 - POP/POR, 9/2005 - POP,
8/2006 - BC/POFQ, 9/2007 - BC,
5/2008 - POP, 3/2009 POR, 7/2009 Bonnet Creek, 11/2009 Beach Club
Hannahsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:17 AM   #86
zuzu310
DIS Veteran

For all you ladies out there who are scared Aunt Flo might start...If you are on birth control just skip the placebo pills and begin taking a new pack. I have done this for years with no problems. Because I have endometriosis it is actually doctor's orders to do this now but I have been doing it for about 5 years before I was diagnosed.

As for the part in my hair getting suburned, I just use a touch of whatever sunscreen I have on hand and very lightly apply it to the area. I have super thin hair so if it works for me it will definitely work for those who have thicker locks. Speaking of which, a lot has been said on here about curly hair but those of us with baby fine hair suffer too. That humidity really kills whatever small amount of volume you can manage to put in with products in the morning. I have straight fiine hair so if I leave my hair down, I end up looking like a drowned rat. I would love to hear if any ladies with fine hair have tips on how they style it. I ususally french braid mine into pigtails or pull it up with a jaw clip.

Body Glide is wonderful!!! I use it on my feet with my sandals because I can't stand to wear tennis shoes in the parks. I recently went on an all day outing to the zoo with it on my feet. I had absolutely no blisters.

Spary sunscreen is the absolute best and gradual tanning lotions work wonders for those of us who look like Casper the ghost.
May 2004-Off-site Honeymoon, June 2005-Day Trip to MK, Sep 15-19 2005-CBR, Mother-Daughter Trip, Sep 9-15, 2006-CSR Just Hubby and Me!, Sep 8-15, 2007-CSR Dad's First Trip Ever at 51!, Aug 30-Sep 6 2008-CSR Free Dining Again!, Sep 5-12 2009-CSR Free Dining Trip w/SIL, BIL, and DH!, Sep 13-17 2010-First Time@ Pop Century/Pregnant w/our little Mousketeer, Sep 11-16 2011-Free Dining@ POP , Sep 9-16 2012-Baby Aiden's First Trip!!!, Sep 8-15 2013 Free Dining@POP/Pregnant w/our 2nd Mouseketeer! May 11-15 2014-10 Year Anniversary Trip NO KIDS! Aug 31-Sep 7 2014 Aiden's special "I'm a Big Brother" Trip@POP!

zuzu310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:52 PM   #87
mom2rb
DIS Veteran

I just ordered the Kiss Me Mascara, thanks for the tip.

7/80 offsite, 7/84 offsite, 10/96 honeymoon at CBR, 9/03 Contemporary Wing, 12/04 SSR & AKL, 4/05 OKW & CSR, 9/05 BWV & OKW, 12/06 CSR & SSR, 06/07 VWL & BCV, 09/07 AKV & BWV, 09/09 BLT & SSR, 05/10 BWV & BCV, AKL & BLT 02/13, 05/13 Pop Century Work Trip, Halloween @ SSR
mom2rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:12 AM   #88
beccasmom
DIS Veteran

Great thread!!! I keep comfort in mind when traveling. I used to spend a lot of time worrying about what I wore, etc., but now I dress for comfort, worrying less about being in style. Besides, our airport (PHL) is notorious for late and delayed flights. We could be waiting around for a long time!

I use mineral makeup and not a lot of that. I am a big fan of Philosophy's The Supernatural because it comes in an easy-to-use container and weighs next to nothing. Bare Minerals makes great mineral products, but I've spilled them on too many trips, so I only use them at home. I always wear SPF under my makeup (Oil of Olay Complete is great and inexpensive) and a little blush. I don't wear a lot of eye makeup - just a little shadow and mascara, especially if I'm going to a hot climate like WDW.

I have an old ankle injury from the 80's, so comfortable shoes are key. I can only wear flats, so that makes it a little easier! Keds usually fit the bill for me and they are now available in some really cute styles, so they can do double duty for going out at night.

I usually take minimal jewelry and only what I will be wearing every day - my rings, a watch, earrings and maybe a bracelet. That way I don't have to keep worrying about misplacing anything.

I use Airborne products to keep the "bugs" away. I know it is not a "proven" method of staying healthy, but it sure works for me. I take it every day in the winter and every other day in the summer, but every day when I am traveling no matter the season. I try to eat lightly when traveling and depend on bottled water since my stomach is sensitive to changes. I use the on-the-go Crystal Light or Propel packets to make the water "interesting" - I particularly like the pomegranate cherry flavor from Crystal Light. I make sure to take something to help me sleep - lately it has been melatonin, but Tylenol PM is also pretty good.

I am not the best packer, but am getting better since the rules have changed so drastically on the airlines. I try to buy smaller travel-size items when I see them on sale and stock up on plastic containers for shampoo, etc. I sometimes bring a carry-on, but usually opt for a tote-like handbag that will carry more items like a book, extra eye glasses, etc. I don't usually bring my laptop unless I have to work.

I always bring something to read to tide me over for long waits. I make sure to bring my iPod for relaxation. I received Bose noise-cancellation earphones for a birthday present this year and they are awesome for blocking out noise. Expensive, but fabulous. I always pack a light jacket or shawl-type covering for chills and a little bottle of water w/some lavender oil in it for the flashes!

beccasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:55 AM   #89
princessofcandles
I am too a princess. Just ask my Daddy!

WoW!!! Great info.

OK.... so I'm gonna break down my reply instead of trying to quote everyone.

1. Thanks for all the product info! I love finding new places to shop. Gonna check out skorts for the first time (cuz I too am a skirt girl). I was thinking about wearing a skirt/sundress to Epcot and AK cuz they don't look too ride intensive. But now I'm worried.

2. I love this boards! This is the first time I don't feel like a weirdo for my Keeper. The Keeper is like the Diva cup but supose to be more resistant. I put it to the test every month (TMI, I know) but its great. It does get some getting use to so don't get it right before a trip. Yes I have had some spillage but that is usually the first day or two when you're really flowing. And/or when your body "shifts" too suddenly. I don't know how to explain it but I've heard tampon people say the same thing so don't let that scare ya. On if-y days I wear black bottoms and panty liners to buy me some run to the bathroom time.

3. I love Philosophy's 3-in-1 shampoo/bodywash. I only pack one bottle and I only have one bottle in the shower. I do love lush but this way its one product.

4. I wear mascara, makeupforever waterproof eyeliner, and lip gloss. So in other words, no makeup. I will then carry my MAC blotting powder compact to freshen up after the sun's gone down.

5. I only take two bras. One light and one dark. I hate packing bras so I just wash nightly and switch off.

6. I have long and wavy hair. I don't fight nature, especially on vacation. I will wash my hair and put it in a braid. One or two depending on how I feel. Then I will twist it and pin it (bun one day, princess-leia style next, and so on) or tuck it into a snood (and before you ask www dot snoods dot com). Then at night or before dinner I got into a bathroom, take out the braids, add some product, and fluff. TaDA!!! super curly fluffy hair.

Now..... what I need info on is:
- Messanger bag or sling. But a cute girly one. I like the idea of a cooler pack in the backpack but I don't like backpacks. I also like the Coach sidebag but I haven't tried it. And I am a Coach girl.

- Shoes that are not ugly or uncomfortable. I usually wear heels everyday, no kidding. But, although I have some really comfortable heels I'll wear to the local zoo I don't think its a good idea for WDW.

princessofcandles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:18 PM   #90
DisneyPrncess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccasmom View Post
Great thread!!! I keep comfort in mind when traveling. I used to spend a lot of time worrying about what I wore, etc., but now I dress for comfort, worrying less about being in style. Besides, our airport (PHL) is notorious for late and delayed flights. We could be waiting around for a long time!
HAHHAHA too funnY! i hate our airport- always a delay, never on time! And even if we board on time in philly- theres usually a weight on the tarmac "attention USairways passengers, we are currently 28th in line for takeoff"

drives me nuts! glad someone else can join in my frustrations! I just hope we arent delayed for Disney!

DisneyPrncess is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: