Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

A trip to the very HOT place! DD arrived at WDW College Program!!

Disney in August is HOT. If you've never been there in August, you are very fortunate. We have ONLY been in August!!! What is wrong with us!!! (It's called money, it's cheaper to go then and fits in with schedules). We know that, but continue to go then. This will be my first try at a trip report after three trips in the past three years.

Our family this trip:

Patty That’s me (pjstevens). I am 43 years young (cause I don’t feel old). Disney addicted, mom to three, DS - Dale Jr. (married to a wonderful DIL Stephanie, they stayed at our house and took care of our fur babies), DD - Aubre starts the WDWCP on September 5th and DS – Tyler, also my lovely pug Abbey. Grand mommy to Snoopy, (Stephanie & Dale’s beagle.)

Dale (dh) My wonderful husband who tells everyone what a great planner I am between the Disboards and Tour Guide Mike, he lets them all know how great our trips are. He’s as much an addict. When I say, ‘no Disney’ he’s bummed out.

Aubre – (dd) is 19 and a University of Delaware student majoring in nutrition and psychology. Considering she recovered from anorexia, I find it amazing this is her goal in life now. She is taking the fall semester off to spend it with the Mouse! Aubre was a competitive gymnast until a back injury ended that dream. She loves Disney and has always wanted to work there (actually since our trip in August 2005 when learning about the program).

Tyler – (ds) a junior in a couple weeks, he hates that school is starting that soon. He loves skateboarding more than anything else, but would love to be a forensic scientist. He also swims for his school.

Trip planned for August 13th – 18th. We were arriving very early on the 13th and leaving late on the 18th to get the most bang for our buck. On a side note, I was sick (home from work) on the 10th. All I could think was I was going to be sick at Disney. I went back to work on the 11th (had a lot to finish up before going away) but still felt a bit light headed, fuzzy feeling. Fast forward to our trip.

Day one – August 13th. Had to be up around 3am to get ready for the trip to the airport. We needed to be on the road by 5am. Of course, no one slept a lot that night as we were excited and still doing last minute packing, laundry, cleaning up.

We got on the road right at 5am. Dale, Jr. picked us up and took us to the airport. We arrived right at Philly airport before 5:30. Now, we flew last year around this same time. Got to the airport just after 5am and walked right on through security. NOT this time!!! Couldn’t believe the line. We could see the line for security when we pulled up. It went across the walkway that goes over the road (for anyone that knows Philly). I’ve heard it can be a lot worse, but that was the longest we’ve seen it.

Flew Airtran direct flight to Orlando. This was our first experience with Airtran. I decided to wait and check in online 24 hours in advance and we had seats just in front of the exit row. Now problem with the flight ($49 pp, great rate). We arrived in MCO (Orlando) right on schedule around 9:30 or so. Headed straight for the ME. The line was not bad at all (one of the great things about flying in early). Within a few minutes we were directed to the ‘red carpet’ and the Disney cast members.

Up next the REAL day one!!! Our arrival, check in and first park!
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014

Last edited by pjstevens; 09-08-2007 at 06:49 PM. Reason: updating title

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: