Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2007, 03:14 PM   #151
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on getting your ME package!!

I got our's right around the 40 day mark and was so excited until I realized they had me flying from the wrong airport and my mom was nowhere to be found. Thankfully all of my sister's info was correct. I am still waiting for the updated tags. I should probably call them, again, but I'm just not in the mood for it right now, honestly. I have read that I will still be able to use ME even without the tags. That is all that matters to me!
Old 08-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #152
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
Congratulations on getting your ME package!!

I got our's right around the 40 day mark and was so excited until I realized they had me flying from the wrong airport and my mom was nowhere to be found. Thankfully all of my sister's info was correct. I am still waiting for the updated tags. I should probably call them, again, but I'm just not in the mood for it right now, honestly. I have read that I will still be able to use ME even without the tags. That is all that matters to me!
Oh no! Wrong airport and missing mom is awful! What did Disney say when you talked to them? You need to call - your trip is REALLY soon!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #153
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Oh no! Wrong airport and missing mom is awful! What did Disney say when you talked to them? You need to call - your trip is REALLY soon!

Basically what happened is they had me flying from both Chicago and PA. They have all of Mom's info right except they have my name printed on her ME tags instead of hers. I was supposed to receive two ME packets - one for me and one for Mom and Jen. I was told they were going to send out two more packets that have been updated. I haven't received them yet.

I asked if Mom could use the ME tags with my name on them. I was told she could. So, I sent them out on Monday. Mom and Jen now have their ME info and tags. I still have nothing. I was assured that I can still use ME and they will still pick up my bags for me even without ME tags on my luggage. Apparently, I will need to check in at the ME desk and tell them I have bags with no ME tags. I will then give them a description and give them my luggage claim slip. They will find the bag and put ME tags on them and take them for me to my resort.

I have never used this before, so I am keeping my fingers crossed!!
Old 08-10-2007, 11:33 AM   #154
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
Basically what happened is they had me flying from both Chicago and PA. They have all of Mom's info right except they have my name printed on her ME tags instead of hers. I was supposed to receive two ME packets - one for me and one for Mom and Jen. I was told they were going to send out two more packets that have been updated. I haven't received them yet.

I asked if Mom could use the ME tags with my name on them. I was told she could. So, I sent them out on Monday. Mom and Jen now have their ME info and tags. I still have nothing. I was assured that I can still use ME and they will still pick up my bags for me even without ME tags on my luggage. Apparently, I will need to check in at the ME desk and tell them I have bags with no ME tags. I will then give them a description and give them my luggage claim slip. They will find the bag and put ME tags on them and take them for me to my resort.

I have never used this before, so I am keeping my fingers crossed!!
Yikes! Hope it all works out for you and you get your tags soon. It would make me really nervous doing it without tags but I guess they must do it fairly often.

Keep your eyes open for the mailman!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 08-11-2007, 09:07 PM   #155
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Chapter 11 - Mickey we have a problem or two

I was sitting around yesterday and it suddenly dawned on my that I never received Tink's passport.

Her's had expired and so I ordered her new one in June and they told me it would be about 2 weeks until we had it. I just assume this means 3-4 weeks because its a government thing and when do they ever run on time?

Anyways, I just went about life and to be honest, I kind of forgot about it and suddenly yesterday the lights came on!

Tink doesn't have a passport!

So I called and waited on hold for awhile. Actually the wait wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but there is always some sort of wait calling the passport office.

It would seem that they decided to do a guarenteer check on her and since her guarenteer was her Headmaster and its summer vacation, they had a hard time getting in touch with him. They finally did and it is "in production" so we should have it in a week or so.

I hope so because I'd really hate to leave her behind!

I'm kidding!

I'd never leave her behind but I will feel better when it gets here!

The second problem that has cropped up is that I have to have surgery and the soonest date I can get is just 2 weeks before the trip!

He is going to try to get me in earlier and I hope he is able to or it may be a very uncomfortable vactation for me.

I must remember, drugs are my friend while in pain at Disney but still I don't want to have to do that.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 08-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #156
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Quote:

I was sitting around yesterday and it suddenly dawned on my that I never received Tink's passport.

Her's had expired and so I ordered her new one in June and they told me it would be about 2 weeks until we had it. I just assume this means 3-4 weeks because its a government thing and when do they ever run on time?

Anyways, I just went about life and to be honest, I kind of forgot about it and suddenly yesterday the lights came on!

So I called and waited on hold for awhile. Actually the wait wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but there is always some sort of wait calling the passport office.

It would seem that they decided to do a guarenteer check on her and since her guarenteer was her Headmaster and its summer vacation, they had a hard time getting in touch with him. They finally did and it is "in production" so we should have it in a week or so.

I'm kidding!

The second problem that has cropped up is that I have to have surgery and the soonest date I can get is just 2 weeks before the trip!

He is going to try to get me in earlier and I hope he is able to or it may be a very uncomfortable vactation for me.

I must remember, drugs are my friend while in pain at Disney but still I don't want to have to do that.

OMGorsh....You are having Troubles....I Hope your Little Ones Passport Gets here soon...So she can come Down Also!!! ..& you are Having Surgery 2 weeks before Disney...Can it Not Wait...Goodness Gracious My Little Dream Princess is Not having a Good Day

Here's some & I hope everything works out!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW
Old 08-12-2007, 10:56 AM   #157
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Goodness Gracious My Little Dream Princess is Not having a Good Day
I really wasn't.

But today is a new day and it brings me one day closer to Disneyworld so I am just focusing on that.

Thank for the pixie dust Disneydad!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 08-12-2007, 11:19 AM   #158
Disneydad99

Quote:
I really wasn't.

But today is a new day and it brings me one day closer to Disneyworld so I am just focusing on that.

Thank for the pixie dust Disneydad!
Here's Some More Just in Case!!!!!

Old 08-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #159
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Awww....thanks honey!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 08-12-2007, 11:31 AM   #160
Disneydad99

Quote:
Awww....thanks honey!

You Are Welcome With Sugar on Top!!!!

Old 08-12-2007, 02:30 PM   #161
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran

Not cool

Sarah,

Sorry to hear about all the Bad things before your vaca. Just keep the montra in your head "I am headed for the magic." It WILL get you through. Good luck and much pixie dust for you and yours.
Me, DH, & DS: Dec '99 off prop (parent's house), Nov '00 Contemporary, April '02 POR
Me, DH, DS, &DD:April '03 off prop (parent's house), April '05 off prop (parent's house), June '06 off prop (parent's house), August '07 POP, Dec '08/Jan '09 POP,August '10 Contemporary, August '12 AoA, July '14 POR

Where is the funnel cake?
I found the funnel cake, now where is the chocolate covered pineapple?
Old 08-12-2007, 02:36 PM   #162
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Oh goodness! I hope things get better! Just keep thinking "There's no place like home(Disney), There's no place like home"

Good luck with your surgery!

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
Old 08-12-2007, 04:27 PM   #163
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm kidding!

Got all fingers and toes crossed!!!
Oh Girl. I do hope they can do this surgery earlier. Although I wish you didn't have to have it at all.
I will keep you in my prayers!
Keep us updated!!
for a much better day!!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:07 PM   #164
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomFanatic View Post
Sarah,

Sorry to hear about all the Bad things before your vaca. Just keep the montra in your head "I am headed for the magic." It WILL get you through. Good luck and much pixie dust for you and yours.
I will keep the "magic" in my head and my heart and I will get there! Mickey is waiting for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee2U View Post
Got all fingers and toes crossed!!!
Oh Girl. I do hope they can do this surgery earlier. Although I wish you didn't have to have it at all.
I will keep you in my prayers!
Keep us updated!!
for a much better day!!
I'm hoping too but I'm not holding my breath. I never seem to have medical waiting list luck when it comes to stuff like that! I am the one who is always getting bumped. Oh well. Not much I can do about it.

Thanks for the prayers, I really appreciate them.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 08-12-2007, 08:52 PM   #165
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

I hope things go a little better and I will be sending prayers your way that the surgery might happen sooner.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: