Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #31
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

We poured over all the colours and actually took a few of the other colours too to decorate with! Grabbed a whole stack of green ones though!

I still have guilt.....even though I know I am allowed to take them!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 07-15-2007, 11:31 AM   #32
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Chapter 4 - A pre-trip trip!

Just got back from a few days in Dallas Texas. I went down to meet up with a friend and spend some time shopping in anticipation of the "big trip"!

A pre-trip trip if you will.

I bought just about every Disney-themed thing I came along. A Tink backpack for Tink, pencils, pens, notebooks, t-shirts, metal lunch tins to alter for Belle and Tink to store their Disney treasures in (remember, I'm crafty ). Auntie Tande got the girls jammies to take away with us too. Tink got a set of Lilo ones and Belle got Minnie ones.

I also discovered the joys of the Dollar Tree. Why oh why don't we have those here in Canada?

Here I stocked up on disposable rain ponchos! I bought what felt like a tonne of them only to get back to the hotel and do the official count and discover I only had 16 which is only 4 days worth!

I am trying not to panic and the fun folks on the Sept POPers Mojito thread have assured me that it won't rain every day in September and I am holding them to that. If it rains more then that I am going to steal their ponchos!

Spent my time on the plane rides devouring the Unofficial Guide so I can call myself the expert in the family! On a side note, when did that book get so darn heavy? I am sure the last time I bought an edition of it, the thing was half the size it is now. Oh well, more info for me to obsess about!

Today was also the magical day where my ticker dropped under the 2 month mark! WOOHOO!!!

Here come the dancing bananas to celebrate!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2007, 01:01 AM   #33
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

*SUBSCRIBING* I'm liking this one already! We are also going in Sep for my DS5's WISH trip. I will be going to Home Depot tomorrow for a LGMH liberation! We only have a LOWEs here so as my DS5 has an app. in Houston tomorrow I will be stopping at one of the 5 H D we will be passing. I might have to stop at all of them just to get some!! PLEASE let the 1st time be the charm! I don't thing I can convince DH that we really need to go in to that many!!!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
Old 07-16-2007, 08:49 AM   #34
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Today was also the magical day where my ticker dropped under the 2 month mark! WOOHOO!!!

Here come the dancing bananas to celebrate!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 10:29 AM   #35
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
*SUBSCRIBING* I'm liking this one already! We are also going in Sep for my DS5's WISH trip. I will be going to Home Depot tomorrow for a LGMH liberation! We only have a LOWEs here so as my DS5 has an app. in Houston tomorrow I will be stopping at one of the 5 H D we will be passing. I might have to stop at all of them just to get some!! PLEASE let the 1st time be the charm! I don't thing I can convince DH that we really need to go in to that many!!!
LeeLee2u! First time into Home Depot was the charm for me. Take your DS with you and give hime a handfull to carry out too. They must be used to the kids making off with the Mickey heads! Come back and let me know how you made out! I hope your wish trip is as magical as the one I was reading last night. I was bawling my eyes out at how wonderful the pixie dust was for their family.

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Thanks mvazul! I did a happy dance in my kitchen yesterday morning when I checked my ticker!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-17-2007, 08:41 AM   #36
mikep_97
Mike-ey Mouse

Wish Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee2U View Post
LeeLee2U, is your trip through MakeAWish? They granted my daughter a wish back in 1997 and I would love to share some things about that trip if you are interested!

Last edited by mikep_97; 07-17-2007 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Need to add detail
Old 07-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #37
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Chapter 5 - A Surprize Booking

I just got off the phone with Disney Tours and I booked a surprize tour for HG! Shhhh....don't tell him!

I mentioned before that he is a computer geek and loves all types of high tech gadgets so I booked him the Around The World Segway Tour!

He is going to be so excited!

When the CM was reading off all the restrictions and the liability waivers I admit I was starting to wonder if this was a good idea but then I figured, heck, its Disney! How wrong could it go? Right?

We've had an injury at the parks before and we were amazed at the wonderful medical care Belle received so I figure even if he takes a header off the Segway, they'll take care of him!

So if you are taking the Around the World tour on Thursday Sept 20 at 9am make sure you point and laugh at HG for me!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-17-2007, 04:10 PM   #38
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I just got off the phone with Disney Tours and I booked a surprize tour for HG! Shhhh....don't tell him!

I mentioned before that he is a computer geek and loves all types of high tech gadgets so I booked him the Around The World Segway Tour!

When the CM was reading off all the restrictions and the liability waivers I admit I was starting to wonder if this was a good idea but then I figured, heck, its Disney! How wrong could it go? Right?

We've had an injury at the parks before and we were amazed at the wonderful medical care Belle received so I figure even if he takes a header off the Segway, they'll take care of him!

So if you are taking the Around the World tour on Thursday Sept 20 at 9am make sure you point and laugh at HG for me!
Yeah!! That sounds like so much fun. I was thinking about trying that when we go, but I am too chicken and am afraid I will make a fool of myself!! I hope he has a great time!!
Old 07-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #39
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I thought it would be fun too. I'd love to do it as well but this trip will be his turn. Next time I get to go and he can stay with the kids!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-17-2007, 08:54 PM   #40
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Subbing & Your Girls are so cute.....I hope your DH (HG) enjoys his Segway tour it looks like fun...BTW I've been to 3 Home Depot's & gotten 25 or more from each so don't feel bad about the ones you got

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW
Old 07-17-2007, 10:32 PM   #41
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:

Cool surprise! The Segway tour sounds like a riot.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 07-17-2007, 11:04 PM   #42
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've been to 3 Home Depot's & gotten 25 or more from each so don't feel bad about the ones you got
You're my new hero! Welcome to the thread!

Quote:
Cool surprise! The Segway tour sounds like a riot.
I hope you're right because if he comes back and says "well that was dumb" I'll cry! I am a bit worried he isn't going to be as excited as I hope he is going to be. Ahhhhh.....the pressure.....

Should I tell him or leave it until we get there?

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-18-2007, 03:21 PM   #43
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Chapter 6 - The Food

As I mentioned before the dining fairies were so kind to us and gave us free dining while we are there. I am so excited!

We have only ever eaten in 2 TS restaurants before on all our trips. One was Tony's on our last trip and the one before that was at Boatwright's at Dixie Landings. We didn't pay for that last one as they had trouble finding us a room at check in the night before. I mean, they were sending us to plenty of rooms and when we'd walk in there would already be another family in it or it was unmade! The very kind bellman who was driving us around in the middle of the night in the little golf cart shuttle thing was absolutly horrified that it kept happened over and over. I think it took about 5 tries to get us a room. To make up for it they gave us dinner at the restaurant.

So anyways - after 4 trips and only 2 TS you can imagine my excitement at getting to eat at a TS every stinking day!

I came to the restaurant board to start looking at where to dine because in all honesty - I had no idea. After humming and hawing this is what I came up with:

Sept 15 - 6:05 - Askerhaus Princess Dinner
Sept 16 - 6:10 - Le Cellier
Sept 17 - 11:50 - Crystal Palace
- 7:10 - Tony's
Sept 18 - 6:25 - 'Ohanas
Sept 19 - 6:05 - Sci-Fi Drive In
Sept 20 - 6:00 - Coral Reef
Sept 21 - 6:00 - Garden Grill
Sept 22 - 6:10 - Crystal Palace

Now I know some of my choices aren't the real popular ones but there is a method to my madness.

First of all Tony's - I admit it makes me nervous but it was the only one that HG was really wanting to do. I think because he remembers being there with the kids last trip and how good the air conditioning felt and we did have a good experience there. Let's hope we do this time too!

We MUST go to Garden Grill because I have a little girl who is in love with Chip. Not Dale, just Chip! We had an amazing experience with Chip on her 6th birthday in Disneyland at Goofy's Kitchen. Its a long story but he basically spent almost an hour with her alone and even walked out of the restaurant and danced with her outside the hotel under the stars. It really was a magical experience. I know she is going to want to visit with her buddy and I have heard the character interaction is good at Garden Grill. I know it won't ever be the same as that one time but she still is hoping to get to reunite with Chip!

I know I am repeating Crystal Palace but buffets work well for us and who doesn't love Pooh! There also isn't much else to do in terms of TS in MK except LTT I think and the Americana theme doesn't do a whole lot for this Canadian family.

So there you have it - our ADRs!

You have no idea how much I stressed over them! I hope most of them turn out to be good experiences!

Finger's crossed!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #44
mvazul
DIS Veteran

I think you should keep the Segway tour as a surprise - if you can. Your ADR's look good. Of course, I have never eaten a single TS meal at Disney. I hope everything turns out to be good for you. Great story about your daughter and Chip!! That must have been very sweet to watch.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:36 PM   #45
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep_97 View Post
LeeLee2U, is your trip through MakeAWish? They granted my daughter a wish back in 1997 and I would love to share some things about that trip if you are interested!
His wish is through Texas Wishing Well! But I'd still love all the tips I can get!!
kindakrazy2 3rd time was the Charm! the Home Depot 8 miles before it was out of every shade of green there was. Went on down the road and they had plenty of them all!!! So I took a handfull and DS5 had to have some other colors. I was feeling guilty... I made off with 13.... but after reading others posts I'm thinking maybe I shoulda taken 2 or 3 handfulls??? J/K

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: