Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2007, 11:33 AM   #391
Lil'DisneyMom
Mouseketeer

Hey Courtney!! I am usually a lurker, but had to post here to subscribe to your TR! It is great!! Makes me really miss WDW!!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:52 AM   #392
SnoopyDancer
Mouseketeer

After reading about your experience at the Adventurer's Club, I feel strangely compelled to visit. I think my husband would really like it. I love all your pictures even though the food makes me hungry. The forest of scallops, or whatever it was called, looked yummo! (Except when I say yummo I have to say it like Justin Wilson says woowee because you're from LA.)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2007, 02:07 PM   #393
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

So sorry about your bad time at PI and so unfair you stay so slim when you eat loads
Old 07-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #394
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
So sorry about your bad time at PI and so unfair you stay so slim when you eat loads
Jo said it but I ditto it! LY/MI!

What is unfair:

1. She is beautiful, absolutely!
2. She never shows her sweat!
3. She eats like crazy yet never gains weight!
4. She has the bestest DIS friends

I'm sure I could post more but I'd just embarrass her.....
Old 07-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #395
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post

What is unfair:

5. She has the most ADORABLE ACCENT IMAGINABLE!

Renée

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani

Last edited by SingingMom; 07-10-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:51 PM   #396
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

All that and she is SUPER SWEET!!!!
All that and a bag of chips!
Old 07-10-2007, 03:22 PM   #397
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

I agree with DM except number 4 of course
Old 07-10-2007, 05:52 PM   #398
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
Uh oh what happened Courtney? I just can't wait to see this talked about picture from Splash.
Hahaha-- Yes, that picture is definitely beautiful! That comes up in tomorrow's installment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirlAllie View Post
Okay now I'm dying to see how the rough night was. This should be good.
Maybe good to read, but definitely not fun to experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink25 View Post
Loving the TR!! Even though you are a Tigers fan... GO GAMECOCKS!! Anyway...Great Report!
Thanks for reading! Glad you love the TR--- and I'll forgive you for being a Gamecock!!!! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffy0214 View Post
Hi Courtney! I've read through your report and it is so cute! We've never been to PI and enjoyed the report even if the trip to PI wasn't so much fun.
Hey! Thank you so much! I was really looking forward to PI this year, and it was just a let down. Maybe it was a fluke... But overall, we still enjoyed dinner and had a fun night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmom View Post
Great cliffhanger! I can't wait to read what happened!
Thanks!!!! I tried really hard on that cliffhanger... The climax is coming next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Aw man, sorry to hear that Pleasure Island wasn't as much fun this year!
I know... We were upset too, but that's okay--- Overall, our trip was great, PI or no PI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Court! Way to leave us with such a good cliff hanger! I'm gonna guess what happens: I bet you got some even louder "neighbors" next door huh?!?!
Yay! I didn't realize my cliffhanger was so good! I'm so proud of myself! =)

The answer is coming up in my next installment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbybeth View Post
aww - that's a framer!
I LOVE that picture of him too! So cute!

Quote:
side note: and you stay tiny - SO not fair! *pouts*
Love that you used the side note! I think it helps that I teach dancing twice a week in addition to my 40+ hour a week job, in addition to my dog clothes business.... So, I just stay busy. And I try to eat semi-good. ie- salads or turkey sandwiches for lunch, and whatever ryan cooks for dinner!

Quote:
and this thread IS going to the dogs - I should throw in a picture of my kitten to really mix things up!
Why not?.... Go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
Diane, dimoe...is that you?? Thought you dropped off the
face of the earth, its been long time no hear
Glad your ok!! Remember me?? SharonW????
Hi SharonW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Sorry about PI. That stinks, esp. since you guys were expecting a good time. That makes it worse IMO.

I want to know how you can eat so much food and stay tiny! Share your secrets woman!!

Your last day is coming up...
I agree.... It was a let-down. Oh- I eat a ton, but I stay busy and active--- see my above post.... Our last day is coming up, but really, we have two more days... Our last full day, then our go home day (we got to stay till around 2 the last day)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
I will email it to you!

talk about confusing family gatherings.... my father and brother are Ray Sr. and Ray Jr. My mother is Ann Marie, and my brother married a girl named Annemarie! so there are TWO Ray & Ann Maries! lol
Got your email...And that reading is SO good... I'm going to save it and give it to all of my single friends who get down about not having someone yet.... I think it would really help them.

And yeah, I think your family gathering is a little more confusing than ours! Wow!!!! I'd be giving out nicknames to try and keep everyone straight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Yep, Oreo is a Shihtzu! We rescued him a year ago from an abusive family, so he has certain issues (i like to call them quirks, because no baby of mine has issues! Lol) You're dog is a cutie! That's interesting about the water! Oreo will grab me so tight if i carry him near the pool, he scratched me all on my arm when i put him in the water to grab me for dear life!

Courtney, love the chapter! Bummer about PI! I love downtown disney if only for the marketplace
Awww... Oreo sounds so sweet! And he's so cute too! I just LOVE shih tzus! They are the sweetest, strangest, most human dogs EVER!

And, you are right- The marketplace is so cool at DTD.... And FREE--- to get into the PI clubs, there's a charge... So, that's what made it even more of a bummer--- We had paid about $40 (total for the both of us) to get in and it was no fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushing View Post
You two are such a cute couple. We llive around the Lake Charles area.
Cool!!!! We don't ever really go to Lake Charles, but we do pass through when going to Galveston... We meet my sister in law's family there-- since they're coming from Dallas, that's the closest beach for us to meet in the middle for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
It's a BOY!
SO fun!!!! I bet you are so excited... Humm.... Names.... I really haven't thought of boys names much b/c if we ever have a boy, the name we're using is a family name... Hays. So, I haven't really had to brainstorm fun boy names... Now girls names are a different story, I have like 10 picked out!

Oh, my friend is having twins- one boy and one girl-- Hudson and Hannah. I think Hudson is a really cute boy's name. I do like Miles too. Humm... I'll have to think...

1. Is this your first child?
2. What names do you already have picked out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWISHFORDISNEY View Post
What a fun report. I am dying to hear about the neighbors. Hurry up with the conclusion!!!!!!!
Thanks so much!!! I'm glad you like reading along! Conclusion coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey11dog View Post
I know what you mean about the Adventurer's Club. We went on our honeymoon and I laughed the whole time. But I could never figure out why I was laughing at all. The things they were saying wasn't really funny just out of no where. I thought maybe we were not getting it b/c we had had several drinks that night.

I hope that your bad night does not include getting sick. There is nothing worse than being sick in Disney. I can't wait for your next post!
Uh-oh! Maybe your guess is close to what actually happens... See my next installment below...

And you totally described A.C. PERFECTLY.... I didn't stop laughing, but I had no idea why I was laughing... That's exactly what I felt like!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Another fun read Courtney.
Thank you so much!!!! Unfortunately, I don't think the next installment will be that fun! Maybe to read, but not to experience =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovintheLodge View Post
What a great trip report! I find myself checking for your updates each day. I love your pictures! And you and Ryan are such a cute couple. How do you look so good in June at the World? Between your report and TimandLesley's, I'm really enjoying DISing!

Oh, your new home is beautiful. Love all the pics there too!
Thank you so much!!!! Wow-- I've got you checking each day!!! So cool!!!! I'm really glad you're liking it that much!!!! DISing is so fun, isn't it????

"Hello, my name is Courtney and I'm addicted to DISing." oops!

Thank you so much for your comments... I'm so glad you're here reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsywdw View Post
Thanks for another great update! We had the same thing happen to us a PI. The one year we had a blast and we were so excited for the next visit and it was a total DUD! Can't wait to hear what happens next!!!!
Thanks so much! I can't believe that happened to you too with PI! What a bummer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babieemelly View Post
Yay, an update! Sorry Pleasure Island wasn't as great as you expected. We found the same to be true. We liked the clubs and music at CityWalk a lot better. But at least the rest of Downtown Disney is great! I can't wait to read the next installment... even thought it's not sounding too good...
Thanks-- So that makes three of us who had a bad time at PI... I wonder what's going on there.... I really don't know if I'd want to do that again... Maybe next time just walk the DTD area would be better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejack02 View Post

Courtney your pictures are cracking me up!!!!!
You and your sweetie are too funny!

You are making me nervous, I am pretty sure I wont be able to top your trip report when we head to WDW in Oct for HALLOWEEN ( can u tell I am excited), but we sure will try
You and Ryan need to go at Halloween, I can just imagine what kind of silly pics would come back from that trip

Anyway, loving the report, house is too cute and so is Miss Maddie! The feeling with the first house can never be beat.

Cant wait for the next installment!

Fellow southern girl,
Jenny
Hi Jenny! I'm glad I can give you a few laughs! I'm sure we gave a few people an opportunity to laugh if they were actually observing us taking these pictures! Oh, well, we didn't care... They probably were looking at us like we were crazy, but you end up with fun pictures, right!?

Oh, I bet Halloween is going to be SUPER FUN!!!!! What a blast !!!!! And the weather will be so nice then too! That will be awesome! I'm sure your TR will be fantastic!!!! Can't wait to read it so I can see just how much fun you end up having!!!!!

Thank you for your nice comments, and I'm glad you're still here reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
I leave to play tennis for three hours and have three pages of your trippie to read I'm sorry PI was a bust but your dinner sounds scrumptious

Can't wait to follow you on your next adventure for your last full day...sniff....Always sad when it's coming to an end.

When is the next trip?
How about that??? I'm so glad so many people are reading and posting that I actually have three pages of comments! And yes, dinner was scrumptious!!!

I actually have two days left to post--- just one full day, then our actual last day (we got to stay till 2pm that day).

And we don't even have a next trip planned yet... How sad is that??? We haven't decided what we want to do next summer... But, in two weeks I get to go to the beach! I'm so excited. My family is going to Pensacola, FL-- and I'll be there for my birthday, so that is something I'm REALLY looking forward to! So fun!

Quote:
You make me laugh out loud at the computer! Good think I'm in the privacy of my own home!

I am SO the same!! Only, I eat MORE than Bob! Whenever we go out to dinner, I make sure he orders something I will like, just in case I need to "switch" or at least "share". Sometimes he'll even say to me, "so, what am I eating tonight?" What a guy!

As for DTD and Pleasure Island: last year we went to Pleasure Island first - caught the Comedy Warehouse early enough for the "cleaner" show, so Dana could attend and we all enjoyed it. Then we went to the Adventurer's Club, which Dana didn't really care for, but Bob & I always had found it entertaining. Afterwards, we headed back to DTD, only to find the shops all closing. Dana was SO DISAPPOINTED and made us PROMISE we would get there to shop this year. So... we went on Thursday after spending a productive morning at Magic Kingdom... We shopped and had an early dinner at Rainforest Cafe, then headed over to see what the West end looked like... only problem is, we didn't time things correctly and we were way too early for Pleasure Island activities... so.. we missed the Comedy Warehouse... Dana was SO DISAPPOINTED and made us PROMISE we would get back there NEXT TIME! lol Told her - "hey, you got your shopping in this year - give us a break!"

End of my side notes!!!

Raglan Road sounds good - we will try it next trip!
Okay, now you're making me laugh out loud at my computer!!!! Dana is so cute... Isn't it funny when you try to plan one thing, you end up wishing you had time to do something else??? Like, if you have blonde hair, you want brown hair; if you have brown hair, you want blonde hair; if you have curly hair, you want straight hair; if you have straight hair, you want curly hair.

You definitely need to try Raglan Road next time... It's fun and yummy!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:54 PM   #399
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We thought about that but we were too greedy and ordered our own appies. We ended up ordering the same thing!
Hahaha! There was actually nothing on the "solo" appetizer menu that appealed much to me, so that's why I got Ryan convinced to share with me!

Quote:
I ordered the same as Ryan and loved it!!! But I didn't really eat the mashed potatoes cause I'm not really into them.
I LOVE potatoes--- any kind, any way, as long as they're on a plate! I think I ate some of those off of his plate... And some of the onion rings that were on top of the steak.

Quote:
I was one of them who told you that your definitely had to go there. It does get fun if you get into it with the characters or sit right at the bar. Did the big mask on the wall talk when you were there?
Yes, you were! And I'm really glad we went... It was totally funny and random and good entertainment! And, no the big mask never talked when we were there! I wish it would have -- that would have made everything even more random!!!!

Quote:
Here I am ready to say that you should have joined our DIS meet at Epcot when I read the next paragraph...

Poor you what it was but meeting that Disneyolic chic was probably the most funnest meet ever. Like she is soooo cool.
I know, I know.. But the Epcot meet was actually while we were at dinner (or shortly before)... And dinner was the highlight of that night.

And yes, you are SOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinawv View Post
Courtney, I really enjoyed my Christmas present and I ready for another one.
Coming right up.... =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720L View Post
Love your trip report and your house! I have the same kleenex box cover as you!! Good taste.......
GREAT taste!!!!

Thank you so much for reading, and posting, and for your nice comments! Glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouDisney View Post
Courtney, I have yet to eat at Raglan Road and I really went to one of these trips. I have 3 more trips to Disney this year, but no RR. Maybe one of these days. Sorry you guys did not have fun at PI this year. I love the AC, but have not been in awhile. I love going to DTD, eating, shopping, walking around, but I just don't go to PI much anymore. Ok, ready for your next entry, but kind of worried about the "worst" night part.
Hi Lisa!

You've got to find time to go to RR... It's so yummy!!!! And can I say I'm totally jealous that you have THREE more trips this year!!!!!! Wow!!!! That's AWESOME!!!!! Take me with you, please???!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
Too funny! I used to babysit for siblings named Ryan & Shannon, who actually came to our wedding. I think it weirded them out a little!
How funny! That's so strange.... So ironic that out of all of the names in the WORLD, Ryan and Shannon keep getting paired up together! That's awesome-- so cool!

Quote:
ME TOO!!! Ryan is always amazed (even 12 years later) at how much food I can pack away. What can I say? I have 2 older brothers-- had to keep up, or risk starving to death....
Exactly--- gotta look out for yourself!!!!

Quote:
Man, don't you hate when you have high expectations based on a previous experience, and the "retry" just doesn't add up? Kinda like movie sequels-- never as good as the 1st time 'round! Maybe next time will make up for your ho-hum evening!
You are exactly right.... That's what it was like... The sequel that wasn't as good as the first!

Quote:
Can't wait to hear about your night from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks! I bet it was your lovely, nocturnal neighbors!
Coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
Still loving your report!! We went to Raglan Road last year and loved it, and like you - didn't love Pleasure Island so much!!
You know how you mentioned once that Ryan complained about having to smile so much in the photos?...

His big smile reminds me of Tad Hamilton! You know that movie, "Win A Date With Tad Hamilton"? Kate Bosworth wins a date with him, and he talks about having to smile so hard that his face hurts. Hehhee! Here's Tad Hamilton, so you know what I'm talking about. Cute!!
So, that makes about five of us now who just had a let-down at PI. Don't know why it was so bad, but it just wasn't good.... Hate to hear that you also experienced that!

Oh, my, that Tad is SO CUTE!!!!!! He's hot!!!! Isn't he dating Fergie in real life??? I think so! Anyway, he's so so so cute, and WOW, I do remember that movie and that's EXACTLY what Ryan must have been feeling like!!!! I never made that connection, but it's so true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUguyinCrew View Post
Your trip is starting to sound like ours last year. POP was very noisy and very crowded even in mid-Sept! Thats why we're at POR this year. Also my DW had never been to PI and I talked it up, remembering the fun when it was blocked off and you had to have a ticket to even enter PI, period. It was a dud and we left after a little over an hour there. We walked into most of the clubs, had a drink and walked out to the next one. We did the Raglan Rd thing too and I guess I should have done the "flight of beers" like your DH to make the evening a little more happy. On a side note, there's a little alcohol hut at the edge of the marina at DTD that sells the best mixed drinks (or so my DW says)! The guys were more entertaining there than at PI, I thought.
We really did like POP, and last year, it was PERFECT, but we just happened to have awful neighbors, and be placed directly by the pool... That's not to say that one day, when I accept the fact that vacations are expensive (especially Disney ones), that I may pay more to stay at a moderate or deluxe resort. The only thing is, we're never in the room... Just to shower and sleep and since we spend so little time there, it's hard to justify going more expensive. But, those other resorts are beautiful! I bet you are going to LOVE POR!!!!! That's going to be so much fun for you!!!!

And I hate that you had a bad night at PI too! I don't know whats going on there! It's just not that fun anymore.... Or, we could have just had a bad night, but from what everyone's posting, seems like a lot of us have had bad experiences.

And next time, I'll have to look for the little hut! Sounds yummy!!!!

Thanks again for reading!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Sorry your PI night wasn't as good as last year. But it sounds like your dinner was great! I really want to try Raglan Road and PI, but it won't be this trip. Maybe someday...

As far as your upcoming rough night, my first thought was you get sick. But then I remembered the loud neighbors. Hope it wasn't both!

Denise
Oh, you may have just hit the nail on the head with your predictions! Stay tuned… It was REALLY FUN (GREAT sarcasm!)…

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblb1020 View Post
Great Trip Report so far! Can't wait to hear about what happens next...
Thanks so much! Love that you’re reading along! Next installment coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizchick View Post
Hi Courtney! I just found your trip report this morning and have already read the whole thing!! (while I'm at work...) You and Ryan remind me so much of myself and my boyfriend! It looks like you guys had a great time!

I remember from the last time I stayed at Pop how thin the walls were...I could hear every word from the people next door. NOT good if you're a light sleeper like me! I always pack the earplugs too

P.S. Your house is awesome...you have great style!
Wow! You did a lot of reading, huh?? I’m so glad you found my TR! And I’m so glad that you’re here posting! Thank you so much for your comment about the house… I get excited to go home every day… Yeah, that means works over for the day, but I get to go to my new house! And, yes, earplugs are a must for POP just in case you have the S.F. as your neighbors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'DisneyMom View Post
Hey Courtney!! I am usually a lurker, but had to post here to subscribe to your TR! It is great!! Makes me really miss WDW!!
First of all, congrats on the baby in the belly! How Exciting!!!!! Boy or girl? Any names picked out? So fun!

Secondly, I’m SUPER glad you came out of lurking!!!! Yay!!!! And thank you so much for picking my TR to read and post! I’m so glad you’re here! Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyDancer View Post
After reading about your experience at the Adventurer's Club, I feel strangely compelled to visit. I think my husband would really like it. I love all your pictures even though the food makes me hungry. The forest of scallops, or whatever it was called, looked yummo! (Except when I say yummo I have to say it like Justin Wilson says woowee because you're from LA.)
Yes, you should definitely visit A.C.!!!! It’s fun—and an experience! Thanks so much for reading and posting! I’m glad you’re here!

Quote:
Oh, don’t let me fool you--- There are times I need to simmer down on the intake of food. Seriously… Like now—ever since we got back, I’ve been eating everything in sight. I was used to it at WDW b/c we were on the dining plan, and that’s just what you do, and it was fine there b/c we walked around so much… But I need to simmer it down here at home b/c I’m not walking as much and I’m consuming the same amount! Yikes!

Quote:

What is unfair:

Well, aren’t you just the sweetest thing???? I have to disagree on several of those points, but I will agree with #4!!!! I love my DIS friends!

Quote:
5. She has the most ADORABLE ACCENT IMAGINABLE!

Renée
Accent? What accent? =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga View Post
All that and she is SUPER SWEET!!!!
All that and a bag of chips!
Awww!!! I do love chips- I’ll give you that one!

Quote:
I agree with DM except number 4 of course
Hahahaha!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #400
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

So, we get back to POP and are really tired. It was later than usual for us to go to bed since we had been at Pleasure Island. We fall asleep very quickly (earplugs in, yes), and at like 1:30, I’m woken up by this HORRIBLE stomach ache. I thought I had to throw up. It was awful.

Well, I am not a good throw-uper. I’m horrible at it. I cry my eyes out. I hate it so much that when I feel like I need to, I just start crying b/c I hate it so much. It’s the worst kind of “normal, routine” sickness. So, I get up, go to the bathroom and didn’t know what to do. I didn’t want to wake up Ryan, so I just sat in there by myself. I was SO scared. The worst thing would to be sick on vacation… And tomorrow, I had to meet Disneyolic (aka DM for Dawn Maree)… I just HAD to meet her! For several reasons:
1. She is the originator of our Stalkers thread… Well, she and I both! ; )
2. She had become a good friend of mine through the DIS and via email.
3. I’d been looking forward to meeting her for MONTHS!
4. I had something for her… A New Orleans Saints baby gift for her brother’s child… They don’t sell saints outfits in New York!

So, I’m in the bathroom thinking, “Okay, what am I going to do? Worst case, I throw up all night and am in bed all day tomorrow. Ryan won’t go to the parks without me. But I’ve got to get Ryan to find a way to get to DM this gift. Okay, maybe he can figure out how to take the bus to DM’s hotel and leave it at their front desk. Then I’ll give him DM’s cell # so he can call her and tell her that we don’t get to meet after all…….”

Every scenario went through my head. But luckily, I’m a hypochondriac (well, I don’t know if that’s a good thing, but this time, it was good), and I had brought the heating pad and the phinagrin (spelling??- the medicine you take when you have a stomach virus). Yes, phinagrin does need to be refrigerated. But I brought my ice packs on the plane and then put them in my fridge at POP. See, my poor dear husband was sick with the virus the ENTIRE WEEK of our honeymoon in Hawaii. So, I learned that you should always be prepared on vacation.

Anyway- I was ready for anything… I hoped; but I also hoped that I wouldn’t have to use any of that stuff!

So, to spare you all the details, I was sick… For about two hours. Not throw up sick. The other kind. And I’m really really sorry to share all of this, but I was so scared that it would ruin our next day. Ryan finally woke up and was scared for me. He knows how much I hate being sick and he was scared that I was. You know what woke him up???? See below…

Now, here’s where my not so southern charm came out with good ‘ole S.F. Well, on one of my trips to the bathroom, I hear the WONDERFUL (MUCH sarcasm) family next door doing the usual- having conversations, screaming at the kids, watching TV- at 2:30 in the morning!!!!!! And I’m sick, no less. The last thing I want is to finally be able to fall asleep and have them chit chatting next door waking me up. So, on my way back to the bed, I banged as hard as I could on the connecting door and screamed,

“SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

I literally could not take it anymore. That was the last straw. After three nights of this I could not literally take it any more.

And that, my friends, is what woke Ryan up.

But once he was up, he took care of me like any good husband would. And, after two hours, I got over the little stomach bug. Oh, and I never heard S.F. again…. Humm… I should have done that earlier in the week.

When I heard my alarm go off at 6:00 am, I knew that I had actually fallen asleep for longer than an hour. And that was a GREAT feeling! And then when I turned off the alarm and opened my eyes, I realized that my tummy didn’t hurt anymore. I never took the phinagrin, but I did sleep with the heating pad on my stomach. Thank goodness I was feeling better! I had a BIG day today!!!!!

Magic Kingdom here we come!!!! Dawn Maree, here we come!!!!!! MGM, here we come!!!!!!! 50’s Prime Time Café, here we come!!!!!!!!

And since, I didn’t give you one single picture in this installment, here’s something to hold you over until tomorrow…

And precious Maddie modeling-

Hope this post wasn't a letdown b/c it was so short... But lots more tomorrow! Remember, we have our last FULL day plus another day (our go home day).... so lots more to post and lots lots lots of pictures for tomorrow!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:01 PM   #401
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas

I'm sitting here dying laughing. ALl I have to ask is what did the family do after that?

Mandy

Old 07-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #402
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
I'm sitting here dying laughing. ALl I have to ask is what did the family do after that?
Well, I never heard from them again!!!! So, they probably said a few nasty words about me... But I didn't hear them!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:24 PM   #403
buffy0214
DIS Veteran

Guess you should have banged on their door earlier. Glad you weren't so sick that you couldn't go on to MK.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:24 PM   #404
sharonW
DIS Veteran

So sorry you were sick. Ya know, in reading these
TR's so many people get sick at diz. Probably so
many people spreading a lot of germs YUK!
Also, the plane can't be germ free by any means!!
Those folks next door were just plain RUDE
You did good by telling them off! You rock
girl!!! Can't wait to hear the rest!
By the way, love your home!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #405
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Ahh, that anti-nausea medicine is a miracle drug! I know all about that one! I'm sorry you got sick, but I'm so glad you were feeling better after a few hours! You can't be sick at Disney!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: