Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
jennydep
Mouseketeer

Wish trip report from 2006

I did our trip report on our family website and have sent people there to read it several times. I decided I need to put it on here so everyone can read it. I am just copying the report from our website so it may have some extra stuff in it along with the actual trip info. Our cast of characters is me, DH, Mickey (wish kid - leukemia patient at the time; leukemia survivor now!), Brad our super son!

April 29, 2006

Greetings from beautiful Florida!! We have had a very full, wonderful day. It started with the kids being up and ready 30 minutes before the limo was due to arrive. We were picked up at 4:00 AM in a white stretch limo. Thanks, Newcoms!! Brad talked the driver's ear off the whole way! When we got into the airport, we noticed a family with a teenage boy wearing a Wish Fund T-shirt. They had a young girl with them and Mickey immediately started talking. Long story short, Mickey has a new best buddy named Chelsea from Ft. Wayne. The flights were great. The kids really enjoyed their first flights! They even got to go into the cockpit in Atlanta and meet the captain.

We were several hours too early to check into the Village, so we took the kids to Downtown Disney for lunch and shopping. Mickey got a bunch of My Little Pony things and Brad found a Star Wars Transformer and a little Lego toy. He loved the Lego Store with all the HUGE Lego sculptures all around. Mickey found a water play area and got absolutely soaked!! We dried her off by sitting by the lake eating sundaes from the Ghiradelli Soda Fountain! YUM!!!

Give Kids the World Village is simply incredible. All the people are so gracious! Mickey's new friend, Chelsea, is in a villa just down the street from us so we've seen quite a bit of her and her family. So far we've gone swimming, ridden the train, carousel and tram and helped Mayor Clayton, the Village's mascot, celebrate his birthday. It's been very, very busy.

Tomorrow we will take the kids to Islands of Adventure to celebrate Brad's 7th birthday. We are very excited about the breakfast with Spiderman, which is a complete surprise to him.

Brad with Mayor Clayton at GKTW

Mickey in GKTW pool

Last edited by jennydep; 07-08-2007 at 06:09 PM.
jennydep is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: