Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2007, 05:52 PM   #16
Bail&RiRi
Earning My Ears

First of all, I love the pre-trip report so far. We sound a lot alike. My daughter also did the dance thing for years, until I became pregnant with crazy "morning" sickness and anemia that stopped me from becoming a normal member of society for a good portion of the dance season. I do miss the performances and adorable costumes. I don't miss all of the expenses though!

I have had a strange fascination with other people's tickers. Boy, that phrase sounds awful doesn't it? I love to see what designs people have chosen. My question is, after we get back from our vacations what do we do? I guess my ticker will say "Only three more years until I get another vacation". That will just look sad.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:27 PM   #17
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm......I'm sure there must be something wrong with my ticker. It's only moved one day since yesterday. Wish I could shake it or wind it or throw it or just something to make it move a bit faster.
I wish we could shake them to make them go faster! Heck, I smack my monitor on a somewhat regular basis just to see if it will move!

Quote:
I just noticed your link in your signature so I had to give it a read. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your report.

I understand the ticker thing. Not only do we watch the ticker in our signatures but I downloaded a countdown clock that is always on our desktop. It counts down to the second.
Glad you found it Declansdad! I have soooo been drooling over your POP pictures - can't wait to see it in 2 months 1 week and 3 days! I know this because my ticker tells me so!

Quote:
First of all, I love the pre-trip report so far. We sound a lot alike. My daughter also did the dance thing for years, until I became pregnant with crazy "morning" sickness and anemia that stopped me from becoming a normal member of society for a good portion of the dance season. I do miss the performances and adorable costumes. I don't miss all of the expenses though!

I have had a strange fascination with other people's tickers. Boy, that phrase sounds awful doesn't it? I love to see what designs people have chosen. My question is, after we get back from our vacations what do we do? I guess my ticker will say "Only three more years until I get another vacation". That will just look sad.
Oh I hear you on the hyper-emisis (sp?). I had it soooooo badly with my girls. The only reason I have 2 kids is that every doctor said it wouldn't happen as bad the second time. They lied!

Sad thing about those tickers - they don't plan another trip for you!

I don't know what happened to the 3 on my ticker. When the magical moving star passed the "3" it ate it! I thought it may come back but the 3 is still missing!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2007, 07:28 PM   #18
schaery
Test Trackaholic

Hey, thanks for the desktop ticker info. I've got one now......another WDW item to obsess over.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:00 PM   #19
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaery View Post
Hey, thanks for the desktop ticker info. I've got one now......another WDW item to obsess over.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 07-04-2007, 08:22 PM   #20
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I need to find the desktop one too!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 07-06-2007, 11:53 PM   #21
SaskDisNut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
I need to find the desktop one too!
Hey, kindakrazy2, I thought I'd check out your pre-trip report! I look forward to reading more.

I had stumbled on a neat website when we were planning our trip and it had a desktop timer called Mousetrack. Here is a screen shot of what it looks like. The monorail even goes by every couple of minutes. You can move it anywhere on your desktop.

If you are interested the website is http://www.pocketdisney.com/disney/web/mousetrack.asp
May 2007 - WDW - Pop Century
Dec 2008 - WDW - Pop/CSR
Jan 2009 - WDW - Beach Club - IBM Lotusphere 2009
Oct 2009 - WDW - CSR & Free Dining!!
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - HOJO Anaheim
Feb 2012 - Disney Wonder - Mexican Riviera Cruise

Check out my --> CSR Review 10/3/2009 - 10/11/2009
Old 07-07-2007, 07:36 AM   #22
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskDisNut View Post
Hey, kindakrazy2, I thought I'd check out your pre-trip report! I look forward to reading more.

I had stumbled on a neat website when we were planning our trip and it had a desktop timer called Mousetrack. Here is a screen shot of what it looks like. The monorail even goes by every couple of minutes. You can move it anywhere on your desktop.

If you are interested the website is http://www.pocketdisney.com/disney/web/mousetrack.asp

Cool counter, I changed to that one. Thanks for the link.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 07-07-2007, 09:01 AM   #23
SaskDisNut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Cool counter, I changed to that one. Thanks for the link.
Your welcome! Always happy to help feed the addiction.
May 2007 - WDW - Pop Century
Dec 2008 - WDW - Pop/CSR
Jan 2009 - WDW - Beach Club - IBM Lotusphere 2009
Oct 2009 - WDW - CSR & Free Dining!!
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - HOJO Anaheim
Feb 2012 - Disney Wonder - Mexican Riviera Cruise

Check out my --> CSR Review 10/3/2009 - 10/11/2009
Old 07-07-2007, 01:20 PM   #24
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Thanks Sask! Great to see the Canadian Disers finding me!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-07-2007, 01:54 PM   #25
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

An important part of trip prep is completed!

Chapter 3 - The Liberation of the LGMHPCs

Yes indeed. A very important part done.

And it feels so good!

The other day I went to Home Depot in search of the LGMHPC. I have heard they are a hot commodity and are often not in their proper paint chip holders. I was expecting this to be the first of many missions to obtain to elusive LGMHPCs yet when I walked into the paint department there they were!

A whole holder of them begging me to liberate them!

I have to admit I used Belle and Tink as cover as we looked at each colour of Mickey heads and discussed the merits of each. I ended up having to convince them both that no, they could not paint their rooms in either Rumbly Tumbly or Sunny Spot. So much for not causing a scene! They were supposed to be my cover - not draw more attention to us!

I had just about had enough and so took a few of the others - again for cover and then I reach for the prize - the LGMHPCs!

SCORE!!!!!

Well, almost.....

To get out of HD you have to pass through the cash registers and of course on the day we go there is no line up - just lots of cashiers looking eager as we near. Well Tink thinks that we should stop and be social and show the nice ladies all the Mickey heads that are coming home with us!

NO!!!!!!!

Keep walking Tink!

I say in a nice yet firm voice "Tink they are paint chips, we don't have to pay for them" and ushered her out the door.

Made off with 9 of them. Not quite the mother load some others have but I figured it was enough for now. If I need more I'll go on another mission but I think we have freed enough LGMHPC for now.

They must be so excited to be going "home". Kind of like the LGMHPC alien green mother ship is calling them home!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Last edited by kindakrazy2; 07-07-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:25 PM   #26
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

I thought I had posted, but I guess not...Anyway, I'm reading and enjoying. Good job on getting the Mickey heads!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 07-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #27
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I thought I had posted, but I guess not...Anyway, I'm reading and enjoying. Good job on getting the Mickey heads!

Denise! Glad to have you on board! The LGMHPCs are much happier here with us then the were stuck in Home Depot! They've heard rumors that they get to go to Disneyworld!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #28
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Yes indeed. A very important part done.

And it feels so good!

The other day I went to Home Depot in search of the LGMHPC. I have heard they are a hot commodity and are often not in their proper paint chip holders. I was expecting this to be the first of many missions to obtain to elusive LGMHPCs yet when I walked into the paint department there they were!

A whole holder of them begging me to liberate them!

I have to admit I used Belle and Tink as cover as we looked at each colour of Mickey heads and discussed the merits of each. I ended up having to convince them both that no, they could not paint their rooms in either Rumbly Tumbly or Sunny Spot. So much for not causing a scene! They were supposed to be my cover - not draw more attention to us!

I had just about had enough and so took a few of the others - again for cover and then I reach for the prize - the LGMHPCs!

SCORE!!!!!

Well, almost.....

To get out of HD you have to pass through the cash registers and of course on the day we go there is no line up - just lots of cashiers looking eager as we near. Well Tink thinks that we should stop and be social and show the nice ladies all the Mickey heads that are coming home with us!

NO!!!!!!!

Keep walking Tink!

I say in a nice yet firm voice "Tink they are paint chips, we don't have to pay for them" and ushered her out the door.

Made off with 9 of them. Not quite the mother load some others have but I figured it was enough for now. If I need more I'll go on another mission but I think we have freed enough LGMHPC for now.

They must be so excited to be going "home". Kind of like the LGMHPC alien green mother ship is calling them home!
LOL, I take 9 or 10 everytime I go in. I always feel strange putting them i my pocket knowing that there are security cameras all over the place.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 07-07-2007, 05:22 PM   #29
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL, I take 9 or 10 everytime I go in. I always feel strange putting them i my pocket knowing that there are security cameras all over the place.
I know! What is it with the guilt when we aren't doing anything wrong? We're allowed to take them yet I still feel like I am about to make off with the crown jewels or something!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #30
Bail&RiRi
Earning My Ears

This is so funny! I was just on another thread and we were discussing the different "techniques" that can be used in HD. Do you pretend to be interested in the other colors like you're actually going to use them or do you just go in and take the green? I get all nervous and sweaty like I'm about to rob a bank. Then I head over to the rack and look at the blues and purples and contemplate which one I want to "buy". Funny how I always end up with green.
My daughter will comment on how I already have too many and why do I need more? That's when I send her over to the candy rack for a special treat.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: