Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #256
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas

It's okay Court, remember I didn't get to any of the meets either. I only saw you and Laura so I understand.

Mandy

Old 07-05-2007, 01:22 PM   #257
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyandRyan View Post
Okay this deserved a post just for yall-

Way to indescretely plug your TR... Wait till I come over to yours and grab your fans and make them love mine =)
Oh, you have lots more fans anyway you pretty girl you!

Quote:
Whatever!!!!!
Double Whatever!
Triple Whatever!
Quadroople Whatever!

As you will see in my next installment, it was not what was expected...
Totally laughing!!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #258
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

Alright gang! Hope you all had a WONDERFUL and safe July 4th!

So… Back to Disney, right?

When we got back to POP, we showered up and jumped in bed! We needed a lot of sleep because we still hadn’t had a full night sleep without S.F. waking us up, and since we’d arrived, we’d been RUNNING around non-stop!

Put the earplugs in and fell asleep. If my memory serves me correctly, S.F. didn’t wake us up tonight. Yay, right! Yes, Yay! First night of restful sleep! We sure needed it!

The alarm woke us up today at 6am. Ryan stayed in bed for about 30 more minutes while I started getting ready… It takes me a lot longer than him… He got up in just enough time to get dressed, and head to the POP food court for that plain bagel. He ate his ½, while I stole the other ½ from him and we headed to the bus stop. Today was our Animal Kingdom day. And tonight was our Pleasure Island/Downtown Disney night.

We got to Animal Kingdom about 45-minutes early and picked a turnstile the didn’t yet have a line. Once again, they let us in the park about 15-minutes early. This morning was an extra early hour --- we were ready to hit Expedition Everest first and ride several times before the crowds picked up! After we were allowed in the park, we were stopped by yet another rope =( We stood all the way to the right side toward Asia. We caught the welcoming ceremony which was really cute, took a few pictures, then we were OFF TO EVEREST!

Yes, Minnie- I have my sunscreen, camera (OF COURSE!) and guidemap, now, LET’S GEAUX!

The CMs leading us to EE wouldn’t let us run (what?? We don’t know what to do when we can’t run! We’ve had to run everywhere so far!)… We approached, I got our fastpasses, we jumped in line and rode… TWICE. Front row every time—it’s the BEST. You’ve got to get front row- it’s awesome! You get sights like this:

And while we were waiting in line, for the SECOND time!

And on the ride:

After EE, we headed on over to DinoLand USA. We rode Primeval While—I love that ride! We also rode Dinosaur. The poor girl riding next to us was so cute… She was at the park all by herself (we figured this b/c we passed her several times throughout the day alone—with just her map). After the ride was over, I asked her if she liked it. She said,
“oh, no— it was far too frightening.”

I thought that was so cute…

While in DinoLand, I had a great time driving the car with my dinosaur friends….

By this time, our EE fastpasses were due, so we headed back over for yet another ride. While there, we grabbed another set of fastpasses for EE for a few hours later. YES!!!! WE love that ride!

We then decided to head over to It’s a Bugs Life.

Side note:
Last year, for us, was the year of a million dreams. It seems like every time we were in line for something, the CM at the front of the line yelled, “Party of 2. Are there any parties of 2?” And Ryan and I raised our hands and got to skip the line. Just everything went perfect. (PS- for those inquiring minds- No, we didn’t get a single thing this year related to the Year of a Million Dreams theme… Nothing. Not a thing.) And so many times last year, Ryan got chosen as the person who got to wear the red necklace--- you hand it to the CM at the front of the line and they scan it. That’s how they determine the ride times. And once, only once this trip, did he get selected to do this. So, I had to take a picture. It occurred as we were walking into Bug’s Life.
End of side note.

Along the way, we stopped for some pictures.
“Hey, Ryan. Can you take a picture of me holding this elephant’s legs?”
“Sure Court”

I go and look at the picture (what in the heck did we do before digital cameras????!!!!)

“Um, Ryan… You can’t tell it’s an elephant. Why don’t you zoom out some????”
“Okay”

And I had to kiss this cute little monkey/gorilla/ape/orangutan/whatever he was!

And with our glasses…

Bug’s Life was cute, adorable, as always. We always enjoy that one!
Old 07-05-2007, 06:05 PM   #259
CourtneyandRyan
DIS Veteran

At that point, we wanted to head over to get a fastpass for the Safari. We had to get pictures in front of the Tree of Life while we were there!

As Ryan and I are walking, I hear in the most petite voice ever,

“Courtney??”

I look up, and it’s none other than SINGINGMOM!!!!! OMGoodness- I got so excited! Boy am I glad I posted pictures on our stalking thread b/c she recognized Ryan and I exactly!!!! And she was the sweetest lady… So petite in stature and in speech… I loved her! She said that she had just gone to the safari to get a FP and her husband and daughter were on EE currently. We chatted for a minute, and left knowing we’d see each other in tomorrow night—for our 9pm ToT ride in MGM.

Ryan and I headed on over to the safari and got a FP for later.

We then, headed back to EE to use that fastpass… And then back to the safari to use the safari one…

I know, back and forth, back and forth. But it worked for us.

Along the way, we caught up with Devine… She was beautiful and moved so gracefully…

One other thing that I wanted to do was the Finding Nemo musical. We got in line as they were loading us into the theater, and luckily we made the cutoff before they closed the line. When we entered the building, we couldn’t find seats. I innocently asked a CM who was working where we could sit, and do you know what???? They put us in the VIP section… That stands for “Very Important Person”… which means that our seats were GREAT!!!!!

And so was the show. Those actors are amazing. They are so talented and you can really see that from this production. It was so entertaining, and really fun to watch. You do need to know the story line before you go in (we watched the movie two nights before we left), so that you can follow along. It was WELL worth the wait in line… in the sun… outside… in the heat… sweating. WELL worth it!

If you’ve been following along, we’ve ridden all of these great rides, seen great things… and still HAVEN’T EATEN. My husband was about to collapse from hunger, so I figured it was best for our relationship for us to get a bite to eat… Where else but TUSKER HOUSE. Man that place is good.

We both got the rotisserie chicken plates with carrot cake. Yummo. We ate so much. It was wonderful, and a great “pick me up” to the middle of our day.

Even the food, however, couldn’t get us the rest we needed to get through the rest of the day. At that point, we decided to head back to POP for a nap, a swim, and a change of clothes for our night at DTD and PI.

As we left, I had to “have a wild time” as the sign said…

And we went to wait for the bus for POP. For the past two years, this wait (from AK to POP) for the bus has been the longest… About 20 minutes. We had to entertain ourselves.

SMILE…

STICK OUT YOUR TOUNGE…

GET EXCITED…

GET SURPRISED…

GET SAD…

SMILE AS HARD AS YOU CAN…

And with that, the POP bus arrived, and we were off for a nap, and a swim…

Up next- Downtown Disney, Raglan Road and Pleasure Island…
Old 07-05-2007, 06:11 PM   #260
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas

I'm laughing so hard right now at the pictures of boredom.

Mandy

Old 07-05-2007, 06:14 PM   #261
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are cracking me up!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:22 PM   #262
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

I'm just lovin' those "waiting for the bus" pics. Except ... smile as hard as you can? Ryan looks like he is about to burst out crying!!!!

Hey...you better slow down with your TR. You need to stretch it out woman!
Old 07-05-2007, 06:26 PM   #263
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Ha, those pictures yall took while waiting for the bus are priceless!

Old 07-05-2007, 06:39 PM   #264
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Tusker house sounds good! I've only eaten at Flame Tree BBQ at AK. I just may have to try Tusker house next time.

That's great that you got to go on EE so many times.

That's a good pic of devine too!
Old 07-05-2007, 06:46 PM   #265
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Hey Courtney! I loved your photo pass pics with the Tree of Life in the background. What the heck is up with not being able to run?! I didn't know we were still in grade school?!
Old 07-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #266
LouDisney
DIS Veteran

You two are so cute!...lol
Me and my best friend take self pics all the time while we are at WDW...lol
Looks like another great day you guys had.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:12 PM   #267
nettii
DIS Veteran

GREAT up date Courtney! You have a way with words and you are so nice the way you talk about others and your Hubby. Cant wait to hear more!

1st trip 2006 ALL Star SPORTS (fell in LOVE )
2007 POP (Pure magic )
2007 POFQ (A Merry Mickey Holiday adventure):3
2008 POP (My Moms 1st trip-Had a blast)
2009 ALL Star MoviesHappy Haunts in the MK
2010-(Mom & T conquire the Mts of MK)
2011- DREAM CRUISE!
2012-Thanksgiving at CBR!
Old 07-05-2007, 07:21 PM   #268
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyandRyan View Post
Alright gang! Hope you all had a WONDERFUL and safe July 4th!

I hope you have at least one hand on that steering wheel missy! What kind of driving skills are you teaching those dinosaurs?!

OT: What eyeliner do you use that you can get to stay put all day long - even in Disney?! I can't get mine to stay on a normal day ....
Old 07-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #269
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Petite in stature, I'll give you that , but in "voice"?! LOL That is too funny! Me and my big mouth?!?!

I feel like a celebrity, having a staring role in your TR!

ps: meeting you and Ryan was one of the highlights of our trip! I wish we lived closer!! Dana was telling everyone about you yesterday at our 4th of July BBQ! She ADORED you!!!! "Oh Grandma, she had the BEST southern accent and she was SO PRETTY!"

Renée

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 07-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #270
babieemelly
DIS Veteran

Great update! I love the pictures in the car, I didn't even know that was there! Is there actually a little seat to sit on or were you just leaning down? I'll have to look for it in July! And I'm so glad you liked the Nemo show. I've heard mixed reviews and I'm not sure if I want to bother with it on our next trip. I guess I'll just have to see how long the wait is.

Hysterical pictures waiting for the bus!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: