Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
ktturner
With a Smile and a Song

Ktturner's Better Hurry it up Pre-trippie: Lots of Pictures!

Hey Y'all! So, I'm new to the whole pre-trip report thing. I had never heard of it until I started reading Timandlesley's! Wow, that's an impossible act to follow. . .

Anyway, as the title says we leave soon (14 days) so I gotta get on the ball and get it together! So, if you're in the mood for a small pretrip with quick trip results, jump in and enjoy the trip!

Cast of Characters:

Me, Katie, Resident Disney Freak
DH, Mark, Star Wars Nut
DD5, Bekah, knows she is a princess
DD3, Abi ("abby"), knows she's precious

Description of Characters:

[IMG][/IMG]

This is us in the Poly Lobby last year after dinner at 'Ohanas. I have a similar picture from years ago with my family. We'll be getting an updated one in a few weeks!

[IMG][/IMG]

This is DDs before Bekah's birthday party in May. This was my attempt at using kid makeup and primping to the max!

Mark and I have been married for 11 years in August. We are both teachers. I teach 4th grade in Gwinnett County, Georgia, and he teaches 2nd grade. Bekah will begin Kindergarten this fall at our school. Abigail is only 18 months younger than Bekah, but will be 2 years behind her in school due to birthdays. SO, she'll stay at her preschool/daycare this fall. We have a 7 year old feist (dog, mix between Jack russell terrier and beagle, british breed) named Missy, and two fish. Beta, males, named Tommy and Prince Eric.

I was raised on everything Disney. Our daughters are being rasied on everything Disney. My husband was not. I owe my "Disney Freak" status to my grandma Nurmi. She passed away many years ago now, but she instilled in me the importance of a mouse, the importance of God, the importance of loving life, and the importance of the real Disney Magic! Last year when we brought the DDs to WDW for the first time, I was able to connect them with her. It always feels as if she is there, because she is so much a part of the magic to me. It is great to connect those we love in such a happy place.

The Mission:

[IMG][/IMG]
(thanks to the DISigners forum for this image!)

Of course! But first. . .

We will be loading the car on the 17th, leaving only cold stuff and electrical stuff (like portable DVD and laptop) for the morning load in on the 18th of July! We will pull out of Suwanee, GA (Atlanta area) at 3:00 AM and head towards North Fort Meyers, FL. My inlaws live there. So, were heading to their house until the 22nd.

[IMG][/IMG]

Pap will be teaching DDs to fish with their new Disney Princess fishing poles. Mimi will be there teaching them how to go out on a boat and how to laugh at life! We will have a great time and be sorry to leave, I'm sure. We get along very well and the DDs miss not seeing them as much since they are so far away!

But, we'll save missing them for August because we've got to get to WDW!
[IMG][/IMG]
(thanks to the DISigners forum for this image!)

Check out my pretrippie! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post19545511

WL in July! We can't wait!
CBR June 2006 --DDs first trip, first with DH!
Poly May 1995--last pre-marriage family trip
About 20 times growing up, off property
Old 07-03-2007, 11:14 PM   #2
ktturner
With a Smile and a Song

Details. . .

The Setting:

The Wilderness Lodge. From July 22-27!

We will be going with 6 day Magic you way hoppers with the DDP so we can enjoy parks, take breaks, and then go anywhere we want for dinner and fireworks! This will be our first time at the WL, so we are very excited to see and exprience it. Last year we stayed at the CBR. We liked it a lot, but this seems more our speed. Besides, we will spend lots of our time at MK since that is really where the DDs are happiest, and it is close. We plan to hit a park early, then lunch and break at the WL (or maybe lunch in the park and then back) so we can swim, nap, or just have some relaxing time. Then we will head to an early dinner (5:00 ish) and off to a park to get in some rides and see evening entertainment.

The Script:

I am a planner. I have our ADRs and plans for which days we will be at which parks. However, I learned long ago that overplanning takes away precious opportunites to live in the moment. So, I'm forcing myself to chill a bit and leave time to make memories.

[IMG][/IMG]
(Thanks to the DISigners forum for this image!)

So: the basic plan is:

Sunday, July 22: Surprise visit to BBB, Checkin, Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe, and MK

Monday, July 23: Epcot, Ohana for dinner, MK

Tuesday, July 24: Animal Kingdom, Coral Reef dinner, Epcot (world showcase)

Wednesday, July 25: MK, Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Package for Dinner, MGM

Thursday, July 26: MK, Chef Mickey's Brunch (11:10 AM), then open

Friday, July 27: Open for any park, check out and head back to GA

I'll continue to update preparations I've made, but I'd love your counter service comments! I need a good place for lunches at the parks I'm in during the mornings. . .What do you like? I also need a good counter service dinner for Thursday, really it could be anywhere, but most likely MK, MGM, or AK. We'll also have one counter service left for Friday, but that will depend on which park we end up at. . . Jump in, don't be shy, ideas????

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2007, 11:35 PM   #3
ktturner
With a Smile and a Song

OK, so you may ask what tasks I've already finished. I uploaded a thank you thread to the DISigners forum yesterday showing the shirts I've prepared and other misc. stuff.

SO, head on over and look at the 32 shirts, 2 bags, and various invites, autograph books, and signs I've made using the DISigners amazing designs to help increase the magic for our trip! There are more pictures of my DDs there too! They're soo cute!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1504832

I still need to cut out my lgmhpc that I rescued from Home depot. If you are unsure about how to rescue a lgmhpc, there is an amazing tutorial by DISUNC that you can find at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1101903 This is the home of the secret green club, of which I am a proud member! If you click the link on the first post, you'll go to a page by Cynderella that explains it all with links to the tutorial by DISUNC.

I have already purchased my bagallini to use in the parks.

I also bought my first pair of crocs! They are sure ugly, but I love them! I wear them everywhere now and will be wearing them at WDW. But, that wasn't enough, so I bought crocs for my DDs and my DH, and my mom and dad! Then I had to have the mickey head crocs, so I got those for myself and both DDs as well. . .

I guess this post is evidence of what two and a half months worth of reading the DIS can do to you!

OK, I've got to get some sleep before we have our Fourth of July activities tomorrow! I'll be back with more details and pictures tomorrow!

Happy Fourth everyone!

Old 07-03-2007, 11:36 PM   #4
stinkerbelle's mom
Achooo!
Good thing that the necessities are attached or they would have been lost long ago
I do have to pretend to work some more

Great start KT!!!! You have everything soooo organized, you did a great job! Hopefully this trip will sway dh over to our side Your princesses are gorgeous! How cool is it that you & dh both teach!
I always wanted to teach 2nd grade because that's where I learned multiplication and cursive!!!

Can't wait for more!

Thanks for the shout out to the SGC!!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 11:41 PM   #5
ktturner
With a Smile and a Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerbelle's mom View Post
Great start KT!!!! You have everything soooo organized, you did a great job! Hopefully this trip will sway dh over to our side Your princesses are gorgeous! How cool is it that you & dh both teach!
I always wanted to teach 2nd grade because that's where I learned multiplication and cursive!!!

Can't wait for more!

Thanks for the shout out to the SGC!!!!
Thanks for visiting. It is nice that we both teach, it helps us understand each other better. However, we'd visit WDW more often if I'd married a Dr. or something that gets paid a little better!

Oh, and if all the 2nd graders knew their times table I'd be having a party! You must be pretty smart, Mary!

I am organized, too much so. I am really working to keep it in check! I told you I was a little backwards!

Old 07-04-2007, 09:12 AM   #6
Donald - my hero
Aww yes. The dreaded "mouse hand"
Rescues lime green Mickey head paint chips from Home Depot

goody more reading for later ....
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post52016805
Old 07-04-2007, 09:54 AM   #7
Va-bear
Dream World=we get to sit home and drink hot cocoa!
They need to offer speed reading classes to bears!

Great TR!!!! You've really done your planning! Cant wait to read more.

2014-Pop 2012 Pop 2011-POFQ/Disney Dream Cruise 2009-Pop 2008-AK 2007-POP/POR 2006-Wilderness Lodge 2005-Celebration Radisson 2001-Wyndham Palace 1993-offsite 1975-Fort Wilderness
Old 07-04-2007, 11:31 AM   #8
stinkerbelle's mom
Achooo!
Good thing that the necessities are attached or they would have been lost long ago
I do have to pretend to work some more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktturner View Post
Thanks for visiting. It is nice that we both teach, it helps us understand each other better. However, we'd visit WDW more often if I'd married a Dr. or something that gets paid a little better!

Oh, and if all the 2nd graders knew their times table I'd be having a party! You must be pretty smart, Mary!

I am organized, too much so. I am really working to keep it in check! I told you I was a little backwards!
I should have put as that's where I started to learn multiplication and cursive!

Old 07-04-2007, 03:39 PM   #9
crossfamily
DIS Veteran
Man do I like to start stuff!

KT you are an awsome story teller... The girls are gonna flip at BBB.. You will have to let me know how Abi does.. I want to take Emmy but I think I am gonna wait till next year. She's only 2 1/2 so she still can't sit that long.. So take lots of notes.. Are you gonna video tape it? Ok I'll shut up now...

Yeah Mary started learning how to write in cursive and learn how to multiply but she is still learning.. But we still love her anyways.. Out of all the grades I believe 4th is the hardest. Having a good teacher is the make or break. My ds started swapping teachers this year. He had an excellant teacher for most of his classes but for math and science he had a teacher who was really nice I really liked her as a person but she just had a baby and you could tell. She would not stay after school and help the kids she could never take the time. I ended up getting my ds a tutor just to get through those subjects.. My ds loves science and has always done great in that subject now math well Ok now that I am off Topic big time I'll get back to your tr.

Got your rain ponchos packed? Lots of money to buy Me and Kelly a souvineer? Oh Mary doesn't need one she has a dog..
Old 07-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #10
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

What a great story about you feeling so connected to your grandmother when at Disneyworld. That's wonderful.

You've got beautiful daughters!
Old 07-04-2007, 05:07 PM   #11
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I'm a 3rd grade teacher in TN, and we'll overlap part of your trip. We're arriving on the 24th and will be having dinner at Whispering Canyon that evening, so if you're going through the lobby around 6, "give us a holler". We're doing Chef Mickey's, too, but a different day than you. Your girls are precious! I know they will be beautiful at the BBB. If you get a chance, come over and check out our pre-trip report (link in signature) and look at another little Diser who did the BBB a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking we've got another year or two to go before our little Brooklynn has enough hair to do that, but her time will come.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:10 PM   #12
ktturner
With a Smile and a Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald - my hero View Post
goody more reading for later ....
Yes! I'm so excited. But, my internet is acting up tonight and I'm just getting on here! I'm gonna be back in the morning with updates! Thanks Jacqueline!

Old 07-04-2007, 11:12 PM   #13
ktturner
With a Smile and a Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-bear View Post
Great TR!!!! You've really done your planning! Cant wait to read more.
Thanks Ginny!

I'm a bit of a plan-a-holic. . . my principal says I'm an "uber-planner!"

anyway, more to come after I have some sleep, my patience for the internet is almost gone tonight!

Old 07-04-2007, 11:18 PM   #14
ktturner
With a Smile and a Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerbelle's mom View Post
I should have put as that's where I started to learn multiplication and cursive!
OK, so that's a start anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfamily View Post
KT you are an awsome story teller... The girls are gonna flip at BBB.. You will have to let me know how Abi does.. I want to take Emmy but I think I am gonna wait till next year. She's only 2 1/2 so she still can't sit that long.. So take lots of notes.. Are you gonna video tape it? Ok I'll shut up now...

Yeah Mary started learning how to write in cursive and learn how to multiply but she is still learning.. But we still love her anyways.. Out of all the grades I believe 4th is the hardest. Having a good teacher is the make or break. My ds started swapping teachers this year. He had an excellant teacher for most of his classes but for math and science he had a teacher who was really nice I really liked her as a person but she just had a baby and you could tell. She would not stay after school and help the kids she could never take the time. I ended up getting my ds a tutor just to get through those subjects.. My ds loves science and has always done great in that subject now math well Ok now that I am off Topic big time I'll get back to your tr.

Got your rain ponchos packed? Lots of money to buy Me and Kelly a souvineer? Oh Mary doesn't need one she has a dog..
Thanks dear, but I don't think that is really possible! I agree the teacher can help make or break it for the kids. . . that's why I work so hard. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes with Abi. They say the kids have to be 3 anyway, so maybe the extra time will help your Emmy.
Thanks for the comment about being a good storyteller. I would like to do more with it, but time what it is and all. . . But it makes me feel good! Oh, and we decided no video camera. If I bring that it will be more to carry, more to forget, and more for me to do and miss the magic! Last year I only took about 50 pictures because I was so wrapped up in DDs experiencing everything! So, this year I'm concentrating to make sure I get lots of pictures, don't need anymore distractions!

Oh, and I keep reading about bringing rain ponchos, where do I get them small enough??? I'm gonna be carrying a lot as is, but I sure don't want to pay $$$ there for them. . . ideas??

Old 07-04-2007, 11:21 PM   #15
ktturner
With a Smile and a Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwansLoveDisney View Post
What a great story about you feeling so connected to your grandmother when at Disneyworld. That's wonderful.

You've got beautiful daughters!
Thanks! I made one of her signature recipies today for my family get together, with the upcoming WDW trip, it was a day full of reminicing! It's not sad anymore, just really exciting!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: