Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2007, 08:22 PM   #31
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Planning meeting: The Encore Episode

It’s good to feel that things are starting to move a little more, although I know it’s going to come back to a grinding halt again very soon. It’s less than 48 hours until we can make spa/excursions/Palo’s reservations. After that I’ll have to pace myself, fill out the paperwork here and there, just to keep things interesting. In order to prepare for this, we had another cruise planning session with the in-laws. Once again it was over a 3 hour breakfast on a Saturday morning. (The quiche was really good. And, yes, real guys do eat quiche…cuz it’s good. Real guys eat any food that’s good, whether they’re hungry or not.)

I was very surprised with the in-laws progress. They had actually taken the time to go online and read about all the different excursions and spa treatments that were available. Our on-board plans are actually starting to get finalized with them. Looks like no excursions for either one of us, but spa treatments out the wazoo.

On Monday, we’ll know just how good my 3 AM internet clicking is. See you then.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:11 PM   #32
tinker925
Mouseketeer

I'll be curious to see if you can get the Palo time you want. I should have my MIL make ressies for us 'cuz she's Cat 2, but I think I'll try my luck on July 10. Good luck tomorrow with you ressies!!

I DVR'd (is that a term now?) the cruise tips shows on travel channel on Wednesday, I LOVE watching the segments about Disney, I didn't delete them yet 'cuz I'll them for when I need a small fix!

Nancy
Orange Lake & ASMo Oct 2003; SSR Sept 2004; BWV Jan 2005 - Disney Marathon; OKW & WL Jan 2006 - Disney's 1/2 Marathon; BWV Sept 2006 (last minute trip!); OKW - Stuck in Florida! March 2007; Disney Wonder & Beach Club ~ Sept 2007; OKW for Disney 1/2 Marathon (again!) Jan 2008; BWV*Disney Wonder*VWL ~ Aug 2008; BCV Princess 1/2 Marathon ~ Mar 2009; AKV ~Disney Wonder~VWL ~ Aug 2009; SSR Treehouses & AKV ~ Aug 2012; BWV July 2014
tinker925 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2007, 07:52 PM   #33
smh071
Earning My Ears

Reservations

We only have 8 more hours to go until we are able to book those reservations. Can you make the Rasul Spa treatment online or do you have to do it onboard the ship?
Palo RULES!!! We will be making our Palo's Reservations for Tuesday night so that it doesn't interfere with Pirate Night. On our last cruise we had the whole family in complete Pirate Garb. My DW and I even rented Pirate Costumes for the cruise. I felt like a complete IDIOT. I guess I didn't have enough rum . I think I was the only male over 14 who was dressed as a Pirate. This year we will be a children only Pirate Group.
Does anyone have any info on the Glass Bottom Boats either in Nassau or Castaway Cay? We are looking for some things to do with the whole family. My son is 3 yo and my Daughter will be 7. This is her birthday cruise
The ages of our children are kinda limiting. It seems that most excursions are for older children. We are looking for recommendations?
Will we be having a meet on board the Wonder?

This cruise can't come soon enough and we will book our next cruise while onboard!!!!
Old 06-24-2007, 08:00 PM   #34
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Subscribing - you're doing a great job, Mozart. But it sounds like you have a wonderful life - why does it stink?

PS If you really like that H2O stuff, I've got some you can have. PM your addy and I'll send it out to you. We tried it once and went back to the stuff we brought with us.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:28 PM   #35
Mozart

Ummm....it let me in at midnight. By 12:15 I was done.

All did not go perfectly, though. Gotta figure out if I'm just doing something wrong, or if the websites screwed up. Palo ressies could be a problem. It won't let us book a table for 4, only 2. The remainder of our party cannot book for another 15 days....

Old 06-25-2007, 06:41 AM   #36
smh071
Earning My Ears

On-Board Reservations

GOT EM!!!!!

Palo's Monday
Rasul Wednesday
Old 06-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #37
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker925 View Post
I'll be curious to see if you can get the Palo time you want. I should have my MIL make ressies for us 'cuz she's Cat 2, but I think I'll try my luck on July 10. Good luck tomorrow with you ressies!!
I got the time, but not the party. See my next post. It's confusing, to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smh071 View Post
Does anyone have any info on the Glass Bottom Boats either in Nassau or Castaway Cay?
My parent's and brother went on the CC one last cruise. They said it wasn't that great. Passporter rating on both of those is down towards the bottom of the list, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
But it sounds like you have a wonderful life - why does it stink?
It's actually from my first trip report. See this post, and it will make sense:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=24

Quote:
Originally Posted by smh071 View Post
GOT EM!!!!!
Rasul Wednesday
Based on what I've heard about that one, all I can say is:

You dirty, dirty man you...

Old 06-25-2007, 03:27 PM   #38
Mozart

Episode 8: All is not well in Camelot

Okay, I’m officially frustrated. All the booking went well except for my Palo’s reservations. Palo’s will not let us book for all 4, only 2 people. DCL first told me that it was because all tables for 4 had already been booked for both the brunch and dinner. When I pressed that issue, it was changed to “Well, you can’t book them yet because they’re not CC members.” Finally, I called the CC line, and it changed to “It’s because the other two in your party haven’t paid.” I don’t know what’s going on, but it’s frustrating. I guess I’m going to try and talk the FIL into going ahead and paying, and we’ll see if that corrects the problem.

For the record, the following is what we were going for, and what we got. Most of these are due to the fact that you just can’t get the item scheduled during the time we wanted.

Event Wanted Got
Manicure for DW 2:00 Mon 5:00 Mon
Manicure for me 2:00 Mon 9:00 Wed
Couples massage 3:00 Mon 3:15 Mon
Bike Rentals 2 hours All Day?
Palo’s Dinner for 4 6:30 Tuesday Dinner for 2 at 6:30 Tuesday
Brunch for 4 10:00 Wed Brunch for 2 at 10:00 Wed
Pedicure for DW 12:30 Wed 2:00 Wed

Next step is to get the in-laws to pay and see if that straightens out our Palo’s problem. If you’ll excuse me, I have a phone call to make…

Old 06-26-2007, 03:02 PM   #39
Mozart

WHAT A PAIN!

So...FIL went and paid for his cruise. I go in to make Palo's ressies, right?

It lets me get to the point where I confirm my table for 4, and then it errors out every time saying that we cannot book for that size party. CC phone line says it has something to do with the fact that there are 2 people in our room, and we cannot make ressies for a party of 4 unless there are 4 people in the room. I still say something is screwed up.

At least now, we can make 2 reservations for 2 people each. Worst case scenario...we'll all be at Palos, just not at the same table. Better than nothing, I guess. I'll just wait until we get on board and see if they can straighten it out when we get to Wavebands on the first day.

By the way, changed our brunchtime to 11:30. Figured we'd be hungry by 3:00 if I didn't. Because there's not enough free food on the ship...

Old 07-07-2007, 07:48 AM   #40
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
WHAT A PAIN!

So...FIL went and paid for his cruise. I go in to make Palo's ressies, right?

It lets me get to the point where I confirm my table for 4, and then it errors out every time saying that we cannot book for that size party. CC phone line says it has something to do with the fact that there are 2 people in our room, and we cannot make ressies for a party of 4 unless there are 4 people in the room. I still say something is screwed up.

At least now, we can make 2 reservations for 2 people each. Worst case scenario...we'll all be at Palos, just not at the same table. Better than nothing, I guess. I'll just wait until we get on board and see if they can straighten it out when we get to Wavebands on the first day.

By the way, changed our brunchtime to 11:30. Figured we'd be hungry by 3:00 if I didn't. Because there's not enough free food on the ship...
Mozart, why did it take me this long to find your pre-TR???

Wonderful, so far! Sorry we'll be missing you in 2007 and 2008 by mere weeks. But this way, we won't have competing TR's right?

As you well know, I am a compulsive pre-planner. I had everything all set last year for the cruise we took with our friends, and the same thing happened for our Palo ressies. We ended up each booking a table for 2, and then going to Wavebands as soon as we got on board where they changed it to a table for four in a matter of about 10 minutes.

So far for my budget cruise, I have bought:
  • a Passporter - LOVE it
  • a bag for port days, mostly bought for the parks
  • a new pair of sandals, exchanged from a gifted pair of crocs

So far for my budget cruise, I have resisted buying: new everything.

There's always next year, right?

Isn't the Passporter great, by the way? There are so many great tips in there. I think we're going to try out their "walking tour" of Nassau. I might even have to pop over to the straw market again for one of those genuine purses......

Keep it coming!
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:48 AM   #41
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweihund View Post
Wonderful, so far! Sorry we'll be missing you in 2007 and 2008 by mere weeks. But this way, we won't have competing TR's right?

Isn't the Passporter great, by the way? There are so many great tips in there. I think we're going to try out their "walking tour" of Nassau. I might even have to pop over to the straw market again for one of those genuine purses......

Keep it coming!
The last thing I need is another competing trip report. Joel's report (the one called Shhh!! It's a suprise wedding) is from our same cruise. And a surprise wedding is definitely more interesting than little ole me.

I love my passporter. I just have to get it back from my FIL, who borrowed it to look at the excursions. All we're doing in Nassau is Del Sol, the Straw Market, and probably the Pirate Museum. Most of the other stuff they had listed we saw either on our first trip walking, or they drove us by it on our way to Atlantis. Too bad I don't understand what most of it is because the bus driver's mike was horrible. And I never did figure out what was so great about a water tower. It's old, but is that it?

Old 07-11-2007, 04:11 PM   #42
Mozart

Episode 9: The Dead Zone

Well, we’ve now passed the 75 day mark, and my in-laws were able to make their reservations. Everything went well for them, except that we still are not able to get dinner and brunch for 4, even with changing our times. Just 2 tables of 2 for both. Guess I’ll be racing to Wavebands as soon as I get onboard to straighten out that little dilemma. I swear I think we scheduled 50% of all the massage, pedicure, and manicure times they have.

I did decide it would be better to have brunch at 11:30 instead of 10, so we can treat it like it’s a lunch almost. For some reason, King Crab Legs and Pizza just sound like they would go better if it’s not considered brunchtime.

For now…it’s deadtime. Nothing else to plan, no reservations to make, and it’s a little too early to begin packing. Only thing I really have to do is check in online, but I’m going to try and spread that out a little while, so I have something to do when I’m really going stir crazy.

So now comes the question. Do I:
a) Start on the planning in depth for the 2008 5 nighter?
b) begin planning a potential trip to WDW for the food and wine festival we’re discussing? Looking at sometime in October. I just have to make sure I avoid Erica. She’d drink me under the table, I think. I won’t need my pride hurt again after Joel does that on the cruise.
c) Start working on our unscheduled, 2009 7 night eastern caribbean cruise? How much longer do I have to wait for prices to come out, anyway? And should we go in September or February? Decisions…decisions.
d) Take a break from planning and buy some Disney pins for my wife.
e) Buy her a new house

74 days…Hurry up

Old 07-11-2007, 06:45 PM   #43
smh071
Earning My Ears

Cruise Stuff

Well we have gone and done it....We booked the '08 5 nighter. Thanks for the advise. We will see if we can get a better price once onboard the Sept. 23 cruise.
We have made all of the reservations that we wanted so far for '07. I think I will try and get a Mani and Pedi for my wife. Sounds like a plan...We received a new DCL video today. We are going to have a family fun night and watch the video. We are all getting excited.
If i close my eyes, I can taste the boat drinks already.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:05 PM   #44
smh071
Earning My Ears

Spa Treatments

Wife now has Mani and Pedi on Nassau day!!!
SHHHH everyone it is a surprise.

Withn the surprise trips, weddings and excursions happening on this cruise, I needed to do something so that we wouldn't be left out!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #45
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
Well, we’ve now passed the 75 day mark, and my in-laws were able to make their reservations. Everything went well for them, except that we still are not able to get dinner and brunch for 4, even with changing our times. Just 2 tables of 2 for both. Guess I’ll be racing to Wavebands as soon as I get onboard to straighten out that little dilemma. I swear I think we scheduled 50% of all the massage, pedicure, and manicure times they have.

I did decide it would be better to have brunch at 11:30 instead of 10, so we can treat it like it’s a lunch almost. For some reason, King Crab Legs and Pizza just sound like they would go better if it’s not considered brunchtime.

For now…it’s deadtime. Nothing else to plan, no reservations to make, and it’s a little too early to begin packing. Only thing I really have to do is check in online, but I’m going to try and spread that out a little while, so I have something to do when I’m really going stir crazy.

So now comes the question. Do I:
a) Start on the planning in depth for the 2008 5 nighter?
b) begin planning a potential trip to WDW for the food and wine festival we’re discussing? Looking at sometime in October. I just have to make sure I avoid Erica. She’d drink me under the table, I think. I won’t need my pride hurt again after Joel does that on the cruise.
c) Start working on our unscheduled, 2009 7 night eastern caribbean cruise? How much longer do I have to wait for prices to come out, anyway? And should we go in September or February? Decisions…decisions.
d) Take a break from planning and buy some Disney pins for my wife.
e) Buy her a new house

74 days…Hurry up

My reputation precedes me.
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: