Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2007, 11:26 AM   #196
WDWHeather
I'd much rather have IASW in my head
Well, I think we should all be proud of ourselves
I aspire to be a DISperate Housewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parla View Post
Great installment! We plan on eating our way around the world too. Only fish & chips is our top goal so no way will we be too full for that. We're stopping there first to make sure we don't miscalculate our stomach sizes. The very first episode of Good Eats we ever saw was fish & chips and we were hooked. I'm to scared to try and make it myself though, I know it would end up too greasy. Those nachos sound great! I love that everything is separated. My family is picky about what goes on pizza AND nachos (it seems like there aren't two of us who like the exact same things). SE screwed up my body last time so I'm glad they made the chicken side that I can take DD on next time. I don't think kids six and under should ride that side, the kids that have died were so young that I think maybe their doctors could have found the heart defects if they had a few more years of office visits under their belts.
Our goal was to make sure we got to eat in Japan, so at least we made it there. Ladle doesn't like fish at all, so that's why it was okay to miss the fish and chips this time.
Are you thinking of Mission: Space that screwed up your body? I bet you are actually. I was talking about the golfball ride. I get those mixed up a lot! I totally agree with you on not having the young kids go on M: S. Garco has high blood pressure and definitely doesn't get on that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post
I'm glad you still had a good time despite the
It ended up better than we expected with being able to ride Soarin' with little wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeskamouska View Post
Heather, I love the pic of a rainy Japan. I can't wait to eat our way aroung the world....but, the mexican food has to come from home!!!! Sounds like you guys had a great time...even with the rain!!!
I know. No one makes Mexican food like we do on this side of the country, huh??? We just think it tastes good, not spicy or anything, just tasty. I love WS food!
August 1993: Treehouses May 2002: Fort Wilderness Cabins May 2003: All Star Music November 2003: Port Orleans Riverside July 2004: Pop Century May 2005: Pop Century June 2006: Swan & Dolphin and Caribbean Beach Resort May 2007: Pop Century May 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa May 2009: Old Key West May 2010: Caribbean Beach Resort March 2013: Yacht Club Resort
Team Focker Watch
"PB" - PROUD MEMBER OF THE GUTTER CHICS.........
Old 05-31-2007, 11:39 AM   #197
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWHeather View Post
I know. No one makes Mexican food like we do on this side of the country, huh??? We just think it tastes good, not spicy or anything, just tasty. I love WS food!
Oh you braggers! I've never tasted the Mexican food from New Mexico but I did fall in love with a Mexican restaurant in Ft. Myers, FL. It was totally awesome. If anyone is ever planning to go to Ft Myers and you like Mexican, you need to visit La Casita!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2007, 12:45 PM   #198
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
United Kingdom for some fish and chips. (How do you like that one, Jo? )
I've never had them from Epcot but I will this trip with the DP

Quote:
Basically, that meant fish and chips were out (sorry, Jo!).
What I can't believe you were too full Don't worry you're forgiven!!!!!

Great day Heather, I hate that you have to find your spot so ridiculously early too, although we did wait last trip whilst eating a funnel cake

Quote:
I'm to scared to try and make it myself though, I know it would end up too greasy.
Over here we have battered cod and chip shop chips in our freezer section and although they're not as good they're still pretty yummy have a look you never know, we're getting all your stuff it's only fair you get ours
Old 05-31-2007, 12:56 PM   #199
WDWHeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post
Oh you braggers! I've never tasted the Mexican food from New Mexico but I did fall in love with a Mexican restaurant in Ft. Myers, FL. It was totally awesome. If anyone is ever planning to go to Ft Myers and you like Mexican, you need to visit La Casita!
I'll definitely remember that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post

Great day Heather, I hate that you have to find your spot so ridiculously early too, although we did wait last trip whilst eating a funnel cake

Over here we have battered cod and chip shop chips in our freezer section and although they're not as good they're still pretty yummy have a look you never know, we're getting all your stuff it's only fair you get ours
Mmm... Funnel cake!
Do you put some sort of vinegar stuff on your fish and chips?
August 1993: Treehouses May 2002: Fort Wilderness Cabins May 2003: All Star Music November 2003: Port Orleans Riverside July 2004: Pop Century May 2005: Pop Century June 2006: Swan & Dolphin and Caribbean Beach Resort May 2007: Pop Century May 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa May 2009: Old Key West May 2010: Caribbean Beach Resort March 2013: Yacht Club Resort
Team Focker Watch
Old 05-31-2007, 08:38 PM   #200
Parla
I don't have room for another bar
I stopped him so I could take this picture
I can't help it if DH's undies don't fit. I'm not a mind reader!

Quote:
Our goal was to make sure we got to eat in Japan, so at least we made it there. Ladle doesn't like fish at all, so that's why it was okay to miss the fish and chips this time.
Are you thinking of Mission: Space that screwed up your body? I bet you are actually. I was talking about the golfball ride. I get those mixed up a lot! I totally agree with you on not having the young kids go on M: S. Garco has high blood pressure and definitely doesn't get on that one!

It ended up better than we expected with being able to ride Soarin' with little wait!

Sorry about that. Yes, I meant Mission Space. I will never ride the spinning version again. I was so glad that they made the chicken side so I can take DD on it.
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???
October 2011 MNSSHP trip! Day 3 is up! I would add links but it's only 8 pages.

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:40 PM   #201
Parla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post

We do have battered fish that's been frozen but nothing compares to having something served to you that was freshly battered and fried while you wait. Does anyplace in World Showcase have fried mushrooms?
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:51 PM   #202
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll definitely remember that!

Mmm... Funnel cake!
Malt vinegar is the best on Fish & Chips, Right Jo! How about Plaice and chips.. my personal fav. Also remember when they really served it in newspaper .. oops I'm dating myself again!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 05-31-2007, 09:32 PM   #203
WDWHeather

Shout-Out

I just want to post a shout out to the best meat out there, Meatala! Woot Woot
Team Focker Watch
Old 06-01-2007, 01:23 AM   #204
WDWHeather

Quote:
Sorry about that. Yes, I meant Mission Space. I will never ride the spinning version again. I was so glad that they made the chicken side so I can take DD on it.
I knew what you were talkin' about!

Quote:
We do have battered fish that's been frozen but nothing compares to having something served to you that was freshly battered and fried while you wait. Does anyplace in World Showcase have fried mushrooms?
Yeah, that's the truth! It's so good all greasy and fresh right there! I don't know about the mushrooms... I haven't seen them, but that sure doesn't mean that they don't exist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Malt vinegar is the best on Fish & Chips, Right Jo! How about Plaice and chips.. my personal fav. Also remember when they really served it in newspaper .. oops I'm dating myself again!!
I was going to ask if it was malt vinegar and then I thought that couldn't be right. Shoulda gone with my gut instinct!

Quote:
I just want to post a shout out to the best meat out there, Meatala! Woot Woot
I call my best friend MeatHead, or Meat for short. He was here on my computer a while ago and see what ends up here! Not that I don't want to give him a shout out, but this is not my work!
Team Focker Watch
Old 06-01-2007, 07:33 AM   #205
Parla

Wow, your thread is being hijacked from the inside!

Old 06-01-2007, 08:15 AM   #206
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Coming from New Mexico, the humidity in Florida is just absolutely out of control.
Listen, living in FL, the humidity is just out of control!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpk89 View Post
The nachos were great with cheese, black beans, sour cream, and tomatoes. All the toppings were separated so you could easily grab the chips which aren't all soggy with toppings and take as much of each as you wanted. The tacos were great with shredded beef that was flavored very well.
I've only ever had margaritas here... but you make it sound yummy! Next time...

Quote:
Rain can sometimes be a good thing.
We Floridians LOVE when it rains at WDW: we're used to it and are always prepared with umbrellas, etc., but it usually clears out about half the park. Score!

Quote:
Spaceship Earth of course! If that doesn't make you read for bed, I don't know what will. I'm not ragging on SE. I love the ride, but it's just so relaxing...
How does it do that? I, too, really love the ride but find it so relaxing I often nod off. I think it might be the narration (is that Jeremy Irons??) - very soothing.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 06-01-2007, 11:49 AM   #207
WDWHeather

Quote:
Wow, your thread is being hijacked from the inside!
I know! It's not safe anywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Listen, living in FL, the humidity is just out of control! I believe that!! Hits you like a brick wall when you get off the plane, man!

I've only ever had margaritas here... but you make it sound yummy! Next time... The food was very tasty!

We Floridians LOVE when it rains at WDW: we're used to it and are always prepared with umbrellas, etc., but it usually clears out about half the park. Score! Ooh. I never thought of that! I bet you do love when it rains there. LUCKY! I want to be that close to the World!

How does it do that? I, too, really love the ride but find it so relaxing I often nod off. I think it might be the narration (is that Jeremy Irons??) - very soothing. It is Jeremy Irons. Maybe his voice is just too soothing because I don't know what else it could be that just makes me so sleepy...
Team Focker Watch
Old 06-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #208
WDWHeather

Day 3, May 19th

MGM was open early this morning, so you know what that means....
6 a.m.: RING... RING... RING... Once again, does Ladle get up? NO! I jump out of bed and pick up the receiver. My voice is strong and commanding as I say, "Hello!" Nothing... Not even a Stitch to reply. "HELLO!!" I said again. Still nothing. I slam down the receiver in anger as the wake-up call has won once again.
Ladle laughs.

We get dressed and head down to breakfast. Now, it is 6:45 a.m. and the hot food section does not open until 7:00a.m. But what do we see?! Across the horizon- SCRAMBLED EGGS! Yes, it seems that we have found the loophole. I had cereal and banana again, but it was nice to know that I had the option.

We finish with breakfast, drop off our POP mugs and head to the bus. It was MGM early entry this morning and Sally had stars in her eyes for today she would ride... The Tower of Terror. I don't recall waiting a long time to get on a bus. I'm going to guess the two bus wait again, just because that seemed to be our standard bus wait in the morning. We arrived at MGM a tad after rope drop, but we weren't worried. I saw this sign that I don't think I've ever seen before. It's right as you walk in on one of the buildings. Hilarious!

Maybe I'm to blame, as I first convinced Sally to get on the Tower of Terror some years ago. Or maybe it's just the adrenaline rush that comes from riding it. Whatever it is, Sally Shine is obsessed with the Tower of Terror. I'd like to insert here a quick aside as to why we decided to call her Sally Shine in this trip report. Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQKdbBYLZY4

If you noticed the people who went down in the elevator, you would have noticed a little girl. That is Sally Shine. I'm not saying my mom is a little girl, but what I am saying is that when it comes to the ToT, my mom has found her version of The Fountain of Youth. She comes off that ride all adrenalined and hyper, and wants nothing more than to ride it again.

Ladle and I can only take about one ride on ToT. For some reason, the anxiety at the top in those few seconds of waiting to drop really, really gets to me. Of course, Garco does not ride this one. He won't even set foot near it in fear that we might drag him on. We'd never do that, of course... Anyway, this morning, Ladle and I decided we'd go on ToT with Sally first thing just to get it over with. While we did that, Garco was kind enough to get us Fast Passes to Rock 'n' Rollercoaster! He also got on lone Fast Pass to ToT for Sally.

Well, the three of us lived after riding ToT. It wasn't quite time for R'n'R yet, so Sally had another idea. She's been begging Garco to go through the hotel and watch the pre-show in ToT and then take the Chicken Exit. He never would go because he was always worried that we'd drag him on the ride itself. Well, this time, he decided he'd go because Ladle and I didn't want to ride it again, so all three of us would get off and let Sally ride. Well, truth is, he actually really liked the old hotel and the pre-show and everything so it wasn't a total waste. We took the Chicken Elevator down and waited for Sally to get off the ride.

And we were off to R'n'R.

With our FPs, we seriously just walked right up to the door and inside. We had a little bit of a wait once we got in the alley, but no more than 10 minutes. It was great! Do you remember how they used to play a different Aerosmith song in each car? Well, I don't think they do that anymore. We had a mix of songs ending with "Love in a Rollercoaster" being a spinoff of "Love in an Elevator." Well, whatever the music was, it was a great ride. It's definitely one of our favorites!

After we got off this ride, it was time for Sally's FP to ToT. She was hesitant at first to go through by herself but we convinced her. She was happy to go a third time. Ladle and I went over to R'n'R to get another round of FPs for later. While we were over there, we thought we'd take some pictures with the Photopass Photographer. The photographer was very odd. She told Ladle to put her hands up and point at the Mickey ears that would be on her head. She told me to look shocked and appalled that Ladle had Mickey ears. Very strange, but we thought it was a good idea. How did those pictures turn out, you ask? Well, I'm going to save that for later.

After Sally got off her solo ToT ride, it was only another 10 minutes before our FPs to R'n'R. How these worked out so well, I have no idea. Just good timing I guess. We waited a few minutes and headed over to ride again. We, again, walked right up to the door and waited only a few minutes in the alley. It was great! But again, we had the mix of Aerosmith songs ending with "Love in a Rollercoaster." We sat somewhere completely different too. That makes me think that the days of having a different song in ever car are over.

Garco had already headed over to our favorite attraction ever so we went to meet him there. What's our favorite attraction ever? Sounds Dangerous!

JUST KIDDING! Man, I had you going there for a minute, didn't I? Does anyone else think that's like the worst attraction!?

Anyway, we met Garco at Star Tours which had pretty much no line. We asked to sit in the back, of course, for a better ride. We rode with a bunch of newbies so it was kind of fun to hear and see their reactions. Great ride! Usually after riding Star Tours, we take pictures where they put you in a Star Wars scene, but we have so many of those that we decided to bypass. I can, however, scan some in if you guys are curious.

After Star Tours, we went to Muppetvision 3D. I'm not even joking here, we walked in and the doors to the theater opened. There were very few peopel there so we were allowed to sit where ever we wanted. Now that is quite a thrill! We got to pick a row, walk down the seats, and stop in the middle! Yes, I said in the middle of the row! Anyway, it's a cute show, and a must-do for us at least once on our trips.

We took this picture right outside the Muppetvision 3D:

We thought it might look like we were leaning against the gazebo... but... We just look silly. Oh well. Do you guys know which one I am??

It was about time for lunch, so we walked over to...

Up Next... Lunch and Garco.
Team Focker Watch
Old 06-01-2007, 01:42 PM   #209
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

I like the "Which one is Heather game". Here's my guess....and it is truly a guess!

Old 06-01-2007, 03:29 PM   #210
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Mmm... Funnel cake!
Oooh yeah as Rosie said Malt vinegar, yummy!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
No it's Cod for me and I remember them wrapped in newspaper too they did always taste better didn't they

Quote:
6 a.m.: RING... RING... RING... Once again, does Ladle get up? NO! I jump out of bed and pick up the receiver. My voice is strong and commanding as I say, "Hello!" Nothing... Not even a Stitch to reply. "HELLO!!" I said again. Still nothing. I slam down the receiver in anger as the wake-up call has won once again.
Ladle laughs.
Not again I also can't believe how early you get up

Quote:
The photographer was very odd. She told Ladle to put her hands up and point at the Mickey ears that would be on her head. She told me to look shocked and appalled that Ladle had Mickey ears. Very strange, but we thought it was a good idea. How did those pictures turn out, you ask? Well, I'm going to save that for later.
Don't forget that sounds great, are you waiting for your CD?

Quote:
Anyway, we met Garco at Star Tours which had pretty much no line. We asked to sit in the back, of course, for a better ride. We rode with a bunch of newbies so it was kind of fun to hear and see their reactions.
My DD really thought we had gone into space

Quote:
Usually after riding Star Tours, we take pictures where they put you in a Star Wars scene, but we have so many of those that we decided to bypass. I can, however, scan some in if you guys are curious .
Didn't see anything like that to do although I was trying to get DH away from all the Star Wars stuff

Quote:
Do you guys know which one I am?? .
I'm with DM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: