Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #316
GeorgiaAristocat
Côôl DIS Veteran
Is this a quiet woohooty?
I'm proud that my brain finally kicked in!
 
GeorgiaAristocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: dreaming of planning. Planning to Dream!
Posts: 2,194

Don't you KNOW who you're dealing with?

Well, I did not think all was right with the world (or the World) as I was shooed out of Splash having forfeited my fastpasses and told that I did NOT get to ride. I wanted that situation remedied. When I explained to the cast member shooing us out, he said talk to the CM below. So I talked to the CM below. He told me to go get another set of fastpasses.

Ummmmm. NO. I know how this system works. If I get another set now for HERE, then I can't get any for anything ELSE. And I HAD fastpasses, but you TOOK them from me. So he sent me to a third person. Who said they couldn't do anything about it. So I asked who COULD do something about it because I needed to speak with THAT person. At which point he decided that maybe he could do something about it after all. He reached into his pocket and pulled out some rider switch passes, which we all know pretty much act the same as fastpasses. I smiled cheerily, told him that he'd been a big help and to have a magical day. And THEN I skedaddled outta there.

Mission accomplished. Except. The ride was still down and no guarantee that it would come back up. But B consoled NoFear with a ride on BTMRR. While the rest of us went to Pecos Bill's. They would catch up, and get some food. We grubbed. We didn't booze (this is the Magic Kingdom after all), we started hearing screams from Splash again. I was beginning to think it was a conspiracy.

We left Grammy at Pecos Bills to finish up, and B, NeatKid, NoFear and myself decided to see if the third time was the charm for Splash.

Now, let me tell you what happened on our previous aborted attempt to ride Splash. We left the Shrimp with Grammy. The Shrimp, generally, is FINE with being with Grammy. But, apparently, having just awakened from his nap, he took exception to me walking away. And he screamed. Loudly. Longly. Forlornly. I, of course, was blissfully ignorant and waiting in line. We also told Grammy that we would meet her at the playground near the Splash exit. I pointed in the right general direction, but she couldn't find it. So. She tried to distract the Shrimp through other means. She offered him an ice cream. He screamed. She offered him a drink. He screamed. He screamed so loudly that a Disney CM offered him stickers. He screamed louder. So SHE offered him a popsicle. He stopped screaming. And happily sucked on a popsicle. Or so I was told later. There is no moral of this story. But I think my Mom should get a medal for putting up with that kind of behavior. What I find even more impressive about this tale is that she didn't tell me until the vacation was over and we were all home. She thought she had. She probably told B instead. All I knew at the time was that I was in search of a way to retrieve my fastpass status and the Shrimp was happy to see me when I got back. (Also, I believe that Grammy and the Shrimp met up with the Whirlwind Trippers during this time. But, you'd have to ask Rhonda if that was after the screaming stopped!)

So I had NO IDEA the trepidation and fear that was looming for Grammy as I told her that we were leaving the Shrimp with her AGAIN and headed to Splash for what we hoped would be a successful turn in a log.

Turns out, it WAS!!!! We all loved it. Especially NoFear. I had no repeats of the torture that was last year's ride.

Let me give you what I decided, based on our trip to the briar patch last year, should be in the rule book for Magic Kingdom behavior:

"Parents should not take crying children on Splash Mountain (where you WILL get splashed) and force their logmates to listen to said terrified child cry for the entire trip and then promise said terrified child candy as a bribe so that they won't squeal to their terrified sibling when it is over so that they (the irresponsible parents) can ride a second time and inflict emotional damage on BOTH of their children."

I confess, when I heard the parents trying to bribe the poor girl not to squeal to the sister I almost turned around and handed her ten bucks to ‘fess up to the poor sibling. I didn't. But I made a vow to not make a screaming child ride something like that.

And I point out that the Shrimp was NEVER crying at the outset of a ride. (I do not make such assurances about what was happening by the end.) But I also never made him repeat a ride he didn't want to go on.

Anywho ~ we rode Splash. We all loved it. Then B, NoFear and NeatKid headed off for another ride on BTMRR and I went to find Grammy and Shrimp. Who were actually at the playground this time, since I gave her explicit instructions on how to find it. (Mind, she had already been to the restroom at Splash and had walked past the playground twice . . .) The Shrimp was happily playing. There were no screams this time through. Thank goodness.

We let him play for a bit longer, then we decided to go look through some of the shops. The Shrimp found about five-teen things he wanted, and Grammy bought him an insulated cup. He was cool with that.

Once we met back up with our three compatriots, I committed a terrible sin. I told NoFear that we should go ride Space Mountain. Why is this a sin, you ask? Well, because I forgot that it has a higher height requirement. Ooops.

BUT, this was the ONE RIDE that I HAD to ride with my mother. (See story about Grammy in the pre-trip section and you will understand why.) I needed to ride with Grammy. I needed to hear her cackle and laugh and scream. How would I accomplish this, you ask, since I have not, at this point, mentioned obtaining fastpasses or going anywhere near TOMORROWLAND at this point?

So, patient readers, there was an event that occurred yesterday (in terms of the trip) that I have failed to mention. Because, you know, I had sort of misplaced my notes. (FYI, they were misplaced RIGHT BESIDE MY BED. I don't know if I should really call them misplaced or just admit that I'm an idiot. I think I will continue to call them misplaced.)

You see, when NeatKid arrived the evening before, and we decided to go on Soarin' before heading to dinner, we met some really nice folks in line. They were headed home RIGHT after the ride, but had been enjoying a lovely vacation. So lovely that they decided to look into DVC. As it turns out (I did not know this and hope I am not revealing a super-secret DVC perk), when they went on the DVC tour they were given some very special passes. Essentially, it was a fastpass obtainer ticket, that let the holder get INSTANT fastpasses. Meaning, use it at any fastpass machine in any park and get fastpasses good immediately. No wait necessary. I do not know how many these nice folks were originally given, but they decided to pass them on to us since they weren't going to be able to use them.

They were my new best friends. Right until they left 10 minutes later.

I thought of them fondly several times over the next few days. Especially at that moment when I wanted to ride Space, with little to no wait. We headed over there, with NoFear happily skipping along. I got the fastpasses with those handy dandy special cards, and we left both kids with B. It was going to be me, NeatKid, and Grammy. B is not fond of Space. He was also not fond of NoFear screaming bloody murder because she did NOT get to ride.

I suggested that B take them on the PeopleMover (or whatever it is called). He said he would. Turns out he couldn't figure out how to get there without me to show him. (Yeah, silver lining, he figured out how much he needs for me to plan our vacations.)

So, Grammy screamed through the whole thing, as I knew she would. We hugged before we started, she noticed how the ride vehicles were different. We talked about riding this when I was a kid. NeatKid asked questions about that trip, her mom, about our childhood. It was one of those magical times when everything just falls together to create lifetime memories, and reflect on lifetime memories.

And, just as much as I wanted my Mom along to share the magic with her grandkids, I knew that I needed her along for me, too. And THIS is why I wanted her with me. And I knew, too, that this was one of the reasons that she agreed to come.

I love you, Mom!



The Shirt comes into play (Page 22, Post 327)
__________________
GeorgiaAristocat
"Get reconnected" adults only trip! Sept 2005 POFQ
Kids meet Mickey! Sept. 29 through Oct. 7, 2006 OKW
Christmas with Mickey! Our first trip as AP holders! December 2007 POFQ
There's Nothing Like Celebrating Your Birthday with the Mouse! May 2008 POR
October is boo-rific! October 2008 POFQ
Our Friend is on R&R from Iraq, So We're Disney World Bound! November 2009 CSR

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report) HERE

Last edited by GeorgiaAristocat; 04-30-2007 at 02:53 PM.
GeorgiaAristocat is offline  
Old 04-27-2007, 01:08 PM   #317
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money
 
MommyPoppins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: In a state of constant chaos
Posts: 4,692

Yay! I'm so glad you didn't let them bully you!

I LOVE Splash. I am so sad I won't be able to ride it when we go in Sept.

That and Space. My ultimate favorite. I laugh/scream the whole way through.

So if you take the DVC tour you think you always get the super FP getter?

I can see a tour in our future.

lol
__________________
MommyPoppins is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-27-2007, 01:36 PM   #318
GeorgiaAristocat
Côôl DIS Veteran
Is this a quiet woohooty?
I'm proud that my brain finally kicked in!
 
GeorgiaAristocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: dreaming of planning. Planning to Dream!
Posts: 2,194

oopsies. I forgot to point out that it was NOT unlimited. It was supposed to be good for, maybe 2 sets per participant? Something like that. My new BFF had a family of 3, but somehow ended up with double what they were supposed to get (maybe they got some for touring, then another set for buying?)

I don't know. I have only heard of one other person ending up with these, so they may not be a general perk. I have no idea.

Oh, and CONGRATS MP! (Hoping for a girl this time????)
__________________
GeorgiaAristocat
"Get reconnected" adults only trip! Sept 2005 POFQ
Kids meet Mickey! Sept. 29 through Oct. 7, 2006 OKW
Christmas with Mickey! Our first trip as AP holders! December 2007 POFQ
There's Nothing Like Celebrating Your Birthday with the Mouse! May 2008 POR
October is boo-rific! October 2008 POFQ
Our Friend is on R&R from Iraq, So We're Disney World Bound! November 2009 CSR

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report) HERE
GeorgiaAristocat is offline  
Old 04-27-2007, 01:52 PM   #319
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money
 
MommyPoppins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: In a state of constant chaos
Posts: 4,692

Yes a little girl would be wonderfu. But, we'll take another boy. It's not too often one family has 5 boys, so it would be neat.
__________________
MommyPoppins is offline  
Old 04-27-2007, 05:04 PM   #320
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop
 
NAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ontario , Canada
Posts: 10,783

Amy I am glad Nofear got to rid Splash.

Glad you got the fastpasses straightened out. Hubby would have stopped either until he got soomething.

I am glad you got to spend this time with your Mom too. I feel the same way when my Mom comes with us. Treasure Memories for sure.

Grandma's never say if kids are bad, they are always angels in the care....if they are not.
NAB is offline  
Old 04-27-2007, 11:52 PM   #321
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAristocat View Post
Well, I did not think all was right with the world (or the World) as I was shooed out of Splash having forfeited my fastpasses and told that I did NOT get to ride. I wanted that situation remedied. When I explained to the cast member shooing us out, he said talk to the CM below. So I talked to the CM below. He told me to go get another set of fastpasses.

Ummmmm. NO. I know how this system works. If I get another set now for HERE, then I can't get any for anything ELSE. And I HAD fastpasses, but you TOOK them from me. So he sent me to a third person. Who said they couldn't do anything about it. So I asked who COULD do something about it because I needed to speak with THAT person. At which point he decided that maybe he could do something about it after all. He reached into his pocket and pulled out some rider switch passes, which we all know pretty much act the same as fastpasses. I smiled cheerily, told him that he'd been a big help and to have a magical day. And THEN I skedaddled outta there.

Mission accomplished. Except. The ride was still down and no guarantee that it would come back up. But B consoled NoFear with a ride on BTMRR. While the rest of us went to Pecos Bill's. They would catch up, and get some food. We grubbed. We didn't booze (this is the Magic Kingdom after all), we started hearing screams from Splash again. I was beginning to think it was a conspiracy.

We left Grammy at Pecos Bills to finish up, and B, NeatKid, NoFear and myself decided to see if the third time was the charm for Splash.

Now, let me tell you what happened on our previous aborted attempt to ride Splash. We left the Shrimp with Grammy. The Shrimp, generally, is FINE with being with Grammy. But, apparently, having just awakened from his nap, he took exception to me walking away. And he screamed. Loudly. Longly. Forlornly. I, of course, was blissfully ignorant and waiting in line. We also told Grammy that we would meet her at the playground near the Splash exit. I pointed in the right general direction, but she couldn't find it. So. She tried to distract the Shrimp through other means. She offered him an ice cream. He screamed. She offered him a drink. He screamed. He screamed so loudly that a Disney CM offered him stickers. He screamed louder. So SHE offered him a popsicle. He stopped screaming. And happily sucked on a popsicle. Or so I was told later. There is no moral of this story. But I think my Mom should get a medal for putting up with that kind of behavior. What I find even more impressive about this tale is that she didn't tell me until the vacation was over and we were all home. She thought she had. She probably told B instead. All I knew at the time was that I was in search of a way to retrieve my fastpass status and the Shrimp was happy to see me when I got back. (Also, I believe that Grammy and the Shrimp met up with the Whirlwind Trippers during this time. But, you'd have to ask Rhonda if that was after the screaming stopped!)

So I had NO IDEA the trepidation and fear that was looming for Grammy as I told her that we were leaving the Shrimp with her AGAIN and headed to Splash for what we hoped would be a successful turn in a log.

Turns out, it WAS!!!! We all loved it. Especially NoFear. I had no repeats of the torture that was last year's ride.

Let me give you what I decided, based on our trip to the briar patch last year, should be in the rule book for Magic Kingdom behavior:

"Parents should not take crying children on Splash Mountain (where you WILL get splashed) and force their logmates to listen to said terrified child cry for the entire trip and then promise said terrified child candy as a bribe so that they won't squeal to their terrified sibling when it is over so that they (the irresponsible parents) can ride a second time and inflict emotional damage on BOTH of their children."

I confess, when I heard the parents trying to bribe the poor girl not to squeal to the sister I almost turned around and handed her ten bucks to ‘fess up to the poor sibling. I didn't. But I made a vow to not make a screaming child ride something like that.

And I point out that the Shrimp was NEVER crying at the outset of a ride. (I do not make such assurances about what was happening by the end.) But I also never made him repeat a ride he didn't want to go on.

Anywho ~ we rode Splash. We all loved it. Then B, NoFear and NeatKid headed off for another ride on BTMRR and I went to find Grammy and Shrimp. Who were actually at the playground this time, since I gave her explicit instructions on how to find it. (Mind, she had already been to the restroom at Splash and had walked past the playground twice . . .) The Shrimp was happily playing. There were no screams this time through. Thank goodness.

We let him play for a bit longer, then we decided to go look through some of the shops. The Shrimp found about five-teen things he wanted, and Grammy bought him an insulated cup. He was cool with that.

Once we met back up with our three compatriots, I committed a terrible sin. I told NoFear that we should go ride Space Mountain. Why is this a sin, you ask? Well, because I forgot that it has a higher height requirement. Ooops.

BUT, this was the ONE RIDE that I HAD to ride with my mother. (See story about Grammy in the pre-trip section and you will understand why.) I needed to ride with Grammy. I needed to hear her cackle and laugh and scream. How would I accomplish this, you ask, since I have not, at this point, mentioned obtaining fastpasses or going anywhere near TOMORROWLAND at this point?

So, patient readers, there was an event that occurred yesterday (in terms of the trip) that I have failed to mention. Because, you know, I had sort of misplaced my notes. (FYI, they were misplaced RIGHT BESIDE MY BED. I don't know if I should really call them misplaced or just admit that I'm an idiot. I think I will continue to call them misplaced.)

You see, when NeatKid arrived the evening before, and we decided to go on Soarin' before heading to dinner, we met some really nice folks in line. They were headed home RIGHT after the ride, but had been enjoying a lovely vacation. So lovely that they decided to look into DVC. As it turns out (I did not know this and hope I am not revealing a super-secret DVC perk), when they went on the DVC tour they were given some very special passes. Essentially, it was a fastpass obtainer ticket, that let the holder get INSTANT fastpasses. Meaning, use it at any fastpass machine in any park and get fastpasses good immediately. No wait necessary. I do not know how many these nice folks were originally given, but they decided to pass them on to us since they weren't going to be able to use them.

They were my new best friends. Right until they left 10 minutes later.

I thought of them fondly several times over the next few days. Especially at that moment when I wanted to ride Space, with little to no wait. We headed over there, with NoFear happily skipping along. I got the fastpasses with those handy dandy special cards, and we left both kids with B. It was going to be me, NeatKid, and Grammy. B is not fond of Space. He was also not fond of NoFear screaming bloody murder because she did NOT get to ride.

I suggested that B take them on the PeopleMover (or whatever it is called). He said he would. Turns out he couldn't figure out how to get there without me to show him. (Yeah, silver lining, he figured out how much he needs for me to plan our vacations.)

So, Grammy screamed through the whole thing, as I knew she would. We hugged before we started, she noticed how the ride vehicles were different. We talked about riding this when I was a kid. NeatKid asked questions about that trip, her mom, about our childhood. It was one of those magical times when everything just falls together to create lifetime memories, and reflect on lifetime memories.

And, just as much as I wanted my Mom along to share the magic with her grandkids, I knew that I needed her along for me, too. And THIS is why I wanted her with me. And I knew, too, that this was one of the reasons that she agreed to come.

I love you, Mom!

So, your notes were next to your bed......

Sounds like something I would do....

I am glad you got yourself new passes, as that was so unfair and not right!!

You go girl!!


Glad the popsicle calmed shrimo down and grandma found the playground for him eventually...

So, I am hearing all the rides that No fear is going on and that is awesome..

But, what did shimpo ride?
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
Old 04-28-2007, 07:21 AM   #322
lamagique
aka "Llama Geek" - Thanks, Disneyolic
 
lamagique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 391

Hey, there! I just found this TR today and I am thoroughly enjoying it... so thank you for that! Also, one thing REALLY stuck out to me while reading your trip report:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAristocat View Post
After reluctantly leaving Aurora, I convinced Boost that we needed to see the film in France. Because, as crazy as it sounds, my major in college was FRENCH. Minors in history and political science. I initially thought to warp the minds of the next generation. Student teaching cured me of THAT thought. And, in connection with my major, I spent a semester abroad, in, you guessed it, FRANCE.

Please don't hate me for that. I do not support their political views. Hardly ever.

For those that haven't been there, though, let me assure you that France is a BEAUTIFUL country. Diverse in culture and regions. And they have some banging wine. And real champagne. So does the French pavilion, by the way.

Maintenant, je suis en France comme étudiante. Je suis arrivée ici le 15 janvier. Comme toi, je fais mes études en français (mais en communications aussi). Je vis en Bretagne et c’est une belle ville. Mais, je voudrais savoir plus de ton sejour en France. Dis-moi si tu comprends ce que j’ai écrit (bien que je habite ici, mon français est horrible).
__________________


The Happiest Summer on Earth (My WDW College Program Experience)
Check out the Sequel! The Merriest Christmas on Earth

Completed Trip Reports:
March 2007: A Magical Day in Paris | April 2007: My Magical Easter in DLP

1989 DLR | 1991 DLR | 1993 WDW | 1995 DLR - 40 Year Celebration | 1996 DLR | 1999 DLR | 2004 WDW | 2005 DLR & DCA - 50 Year Celebration | 2006 WDW Spring Break - Fort Wilderness | 2007 DLP - 15 Year Celebration - Santa Fe | 2007 DLR & CA - Year of a Million Dreams | 2007 Mickey's Very Merry & T:C Reunion - Beach Club
lamagique is offline  
Old 04-28-2007, 12:31 PM   #323
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used
 
Backstage_Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida
Posts: 11,333

Quote:
So, patient readers, there was an event that occurred yesterday (in terms of the trip) that I have failed to mention. Because, you know, I had sort of misplaced my notes. (FYI, they were misplaced RIGHT BESIDE MY BED. I don't know if I should really call them misplaced or just admit that I'm an idiot. I think I will continue to call them misplaced.)
Great thinking, Amy!!!!!!!!!

Love your report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The space mountain story reminds me of riding with my mom, back in the 80's. She was sitting behind me, and she was quiet as mouse! I was afraid she had a heart attack and died, but of course I could not see her in the dark behind me.
She said later that she was afraid to lose her teeth She already ws in her 70's back then. I think that is the last time I rode it as well.
__________________
Backstage_Gal is offline  
Old 04-29-2007, 01:48 PM   #324
Planning fanatic mom
DIS Veteran
 
Planning fanatic mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 1,255

Love your trip report.

We went last year for the first time in a while, and I was absolutely commando. I thought it would be my last time until after the girls finished college. We had a great time and my touring plans were perfect.

We had planned on doing New England this summer, but last fall DD came up to me while I was brushing my teeth and said that he wanted to Disney again since we had done so well the first time. SO needless to say we will be going back in 49 days. I am looking forward to not being so commando this time. I had each family member do a survery so we see exactly what we want and add the new stuff.

I think you did an amazing job with all the "challenges" that came up. Your kids are adorable!!!

Can't wait for the next installment.
__________________
ME and DH: DD 21: DD 18:

1987 Off Site: 1990 Honeymoon: 1997 Shades of Green: 2006 POP: 2007 POR: 2009 WL: 2010 CSR: 2012 RPH and POFQ: 2014 POFQ

Planning fanatic mom is offline  
Old 04-29-2007, 07:19 PM   #325
GeorgiaAristocat
Côôl DIS Veteran
Is this a quiet woohooty?
I'm proud that my brain finally kicked in!
 
GeorgiaAristocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: dreaming of planning. Planning to Dream!
Posts: 2,194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom
So, your notes were next to your bed......

Sounds like something I would do....
Yes, next to my bed, but buried beneath three layers of books. Guess I should clean those out . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom
I am glad you got yourself new passes, as that was so unfair and not right!!

You go girl!!
You know it!!! I couldn't believe they were telling everyone to just go get new FPs with their tickets!!! So not right . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom
Glad the popsicle calmed shrimo down and grandma found the playground for him eventually...

So, I am hearing all the rides that No fear is going on and that is awesome..

But, what did shimpo ride?
Huh, now that you mention it, he does sort of sound left out, doesn't he? Well, I THINK we might have ridden something else in Fantasyland before heading to Toontown, but I'm not certain. Plus, I do know that this day was all about the girl, and the boy was still expressing extreme uncertainty with ANY indoor rides, even Pooh and Pan, so he really only wanted anything OUTSIDE. The train really was a hit!

We went back to Fantasyland later (it's coming up), so he got to enjoy things, but his favorite "ride" was his cousin's hip!!!
__________________
GeorgiaAristocat
"Get reconnected" adults only trip! Sept 2005 POFQ
Kids meet Mickey! Sept. 29 through Oct. 7, 2006 OKW
Christmas with Mickey! Our first trip as AP holders! December 2007 POFQ
There's Nothing Like Celebrating Your Birthday with the Mouse! May 2008 POR
October is boo-rific! October 2008 POFQ
Our Friend is on R&R from Iraq, So We're Disney World Bound! November 2009 CSR

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report) HERE
GeorgiaAristocat is offline  
Old 04-29-2007, 09:00 PM   #326
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAristocat View Post
Yes, next to my bed, but buried beneath three layers of books. Guess I should clean those out . . .


You know it!!! I couldn't believe they were telling everyone to just go get new FPs with their tickets!!! So not right . . .


Huh, now that you mention it, he does sort of sound left out, doesn't he? Well, I THINK we might have ridden something else in Fantasyland before heading to Toontown, but I'm not certain. Plus, I do know that this day was all about the girl, and the boy was still expressing extreme uncertainty with ANY indoor rides, even Pooh and Pan, so he really only wanted anything OUTSIDE. The train really was a hit!

We went back to Fantasyland later (it's coming up), so he got to enjoy things, but his favorite "ride" was his cousin's hip!!!

The train would suit him perfect then....

I guess as long as shrimp was content, that is all that matters...

Looking forward to your next installment...
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
Old 04-30-2007, 02:51 PM   #327
GeorgiaAristocat
Côôl DIS Veteran
Is this a quiet woohooty?
I'm proud that my brain finally kicked in!
 
GeorgiaAristocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: dreaming of planning. Planning to Dream!
Posts: 2,194

The Shirt comes into play

Fresh from our Space Mountain journey, we met back up with B and the kids who were enjoying the misters at the Coke place (not the Coke place that is in Epcot where you get free Beverly, just the Coke stand that has the giant mister right there in Futu . . .ummm, TOMORROWLAND.)

And NoFear caught site of the Indy Speedway.

Which I know takes forever and a day to get on, and isn't much fun. We convinced her that we would ride some other time. And headed off. Towards FantasyLand. I wanted to go to Philharmagic. The kids spotted the Teacups.

Yeah. I know this day is all about NoFear. But. C'mon. Even a birthday won't induce me to get on the guaranteed-to-make-you-hurl Teacups. We don't do spinning. Well, B and I don't. But, Grammy is a Grammy. And NeatKid is uncertain about rollercoasters, but all about centrifugal force. And NoFear and Shrimp wanted to ride. So ride they did! (Notice that they once again snagged PINK!)



It was at this point that the video camera ran out of batteries. I have 5 seconds of video of them riding the teacups. Good thing the battery ran out or I would have to run to the porcelain god every time we waxed nostalgic and watched last year's videos. And. Just to make sure I want to hurl even when looking at still photos, B took these:





Oh, pardon me, I'm back. And putting a mint in my mouth.

Ahem. Anyway. We were headed into FantasyLand to finish the day. And get in some more rides. But apparently no 3-D attractions. For reasons that I still don't understand we skipped Philharmagic (one of my favorites) and headed to Pooh. I think it might have been because I had snagged some fastpasses earlier.

We got stopped in Pooh, so B took that as an opportunity to snap some photos.





And, of course, we had to investigate the dump shop. When my daughter expressed extreme interest in these:




I thought fondly of a certain HappyHaunt, and quickly said NO!!! for fear that my daughter would move to Canada some day. And call to talk to a cat instead of to me. And send the cat postcards. And stuff. (Melly! LY/MI!!)

And, not to be outdone, the boy expressed interest in this:



We also took a flight on Peter Pan. Ooops. It's B's fault and his excuse is that we weren't inside YET. WhatEVER. Rule breaker. Rebel. (Please note that because this was INSIDE and DARK the Shrimp was clinging for dear life onto NeatKid.)



The boy spotted the Carousel and HAD to ride. It was outside. It moved. It had horses. It was PERFECT. And, you know, I knew that there was a very special horse on the Carousel. Cinderella's OWN horse. With a special ribbon. And I knew how to spot it. Which I did, as the thing went round and round. I had it LOCATED when the carousel stopped and was making a mad dash and was FOILED by some middle-aged father, who didn't even give it to his daughter. (Okay, yes, I recognize that he had NO IDEA that the horse he was sitting on was special.)

Sadness. But not really, since NoFear and the Shrimp believed that ALL the horses were special and didn't much care which one they sat on.



BUT. The shirt came into play on this one!!! The lovely young woman running the ride noticed NoFear's shirt as she was checking the seatbelts (and had probably noted my foiled mad dash). And so, after enjoying their ride, and as we were preparing to disembark, she came up to NoFear and told her about a very special horse on the Carousel that was Cinderella's OWN horse, and since it was her birthday, would she like to STAY on the Carousel for another ride on that very special horse!

BIG GRINS. Would we ever!!!





So, NoFear was situated on the special horse the second time around. And, apparently, the Shrimp was on Charming's horse (it had a crown on the blanket???) As we were finishing that ride, the lovely young CM came up to us again, asked NoFear about her ride, and told her that since it was her birthday, she would like to treat us to some Ice Cream, would that be okay? She handed us a certificate for a free ice cream bar for everyone in our party (all 6 of us!!) Well, we had an appointment with Cindy and Charming that evening at Park Fare, but, heh, I am NOT one to pass up FREE. Especially Ice Cream. And especially from Disney. So, we thanked the CM profusely, told her that she was what made Disney World special, and trotted on over to get some frozen treats before heading back to the villa and getting ready for dinner. In retrospect, this was a good candidate for that special pin. But Bonnie, that morning, had seemed to indicate that it should go to another guest, not a castmember. So, I didn't pass the pin along to this girl.

But she made NoFear's birthday very special. And magical. And it really is people like her that make Disney so special. And not just because she gave us free ice cream. It was taking the extra time to make a 4 year old's birthday special. It was giving us the second ride that the kids remember more! I know that Disney tries to find and keep good people. I hope they know what a gem they had in this girl!

Here, just because I thought this was a really good shot of the Shrimp:



So, ice cream in hands, we wandered slowly to the front of the park. Enjoying the walk, the togetherness, the fact that we were leaving the heat and afternoon crowds for some rest before supper.



Birthday Cake? I want CHOCOLATE CHIPS. (Page 23, Post 337)
__________________
GeorgiaAristocat
"Get reconnected" adults only trip! Sept 2005 POFQ
Kids meet Mickey! Sept. 29 through Oct. 7, 2006 OKW
Christmas with Mickey! Our first trip as AP holders! December 2007 POFQ
There's Nothing Like Celebrating Your Birthday with the Mouse! May 2008 POR
October is boo-rific! October 2008 POFQ
Our Friend is on R&R from Iraq, So We're Disney World Bound! November 2009 CSR

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report) HERE

Last edited by GeorgiaAristocat; 05-11-2007 at 02:41 PM.
GeorgiaAristocat is offline  
Old 04-30-2007, 03:22 PM   #328
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAristocat View Post
Fresh from our Space Mountain journey, we met back up with B and the kids who were enjoying the misters at the Coke place (not the Coke place that is in Epcot where you get free Beverly, just the Coke stand that has the giant mister right there in Futu . . .ummm, TOMORROWLAND.)

And NoFear caught site of the Indy Speedway.

Which I know takes forever and a day to get on, and isn't much fun. We convinced her that we would ride some other time. And headed off. Towards FantasyLand. I wanted to go to Philharmagic. The kids spotted the Teacups.

Yeah. I know this day is all about NoFear. But. C'mon. Even a birthday won't induce me to get on the guaranteed-to-make-you-hurl Teacups. We don't do spinning. Well, B and I don't. But, Grammy is a Grammy. And NeatKid is uncertain about rollercoasters, but all about centrifugal force. And NoFear and Shrimp wanted to ride. So ride they did! (Notice that they once again snagged PINK!)



It was at this point that the video camera ran out of batteries. I have 5 seconds of video of them riding the teacups. Good thing the battery ran out or I would have to run to the porcelain god every time we waxed nostalgic and watched last year's videos. And. Just to make sure I want to hurl even when looking at still photos, B took these:





Oh, pardon me, I'm back. And putting a mint in my mouth.

Ahem. Anyway. We were headed into FantasyLand to finish the day. And get in some more rides. But apparently no 3-D attractions. For reasons that I still don't understand we skipped Philharmagic (one of my favorites) and headed to Pooh. I think it might have been because I had snagged some fastpasses earlier.

We got stopped in Pooh, so B took that as an opportunity to snap some photos.





And, of course, we had to investigate the dump shop. When my daughter expressed extreme interest in these:




I thought fondly of a certain HappyHaunt, and quickly said NO!!! for fear that my daughter would move to Canada some day. And call to talk to a cat instead of to me. And send the cat postcards. And stuff. (Melly! LY/MI!!)

And, not to be outdone, the boy expressed interest in this:



We also took a flight on Peter Pan. Ooops. It's B's fault and his excuse is that we weren't inside YET. WhatEVER. Rule breaker. Rebel. (Please note that because this was INSIDE and DARK the Shrimp was clinging for dear life onto NeatKid.)



The boy spotted the Carousel and HAD to ride. It was outside. It moved. It had horses. It was PERFECT. And, you know, I knew that there was a very special horse on the Carousel. Cinderella's OWN horse. With a special ribbon. And I knew how to spot it. Which I did, as the thing went round and round. I had it LOCATED when the carousel stopped and was making a mad dash and was FOILED by some middle-aged father, who didn't even give it to his daughter. (Okay, yes, I recognize that he had NO IDEA that the horse he was sitting on was special.)

Sadness. But not really, since NoFear and the Shrimp believed that ALL the horses were special and didn't much care which one they sat on.



BUT. The shirt came into play on this one!!! The lovely young woman running the ride noticed NoFear's shirt as she was checking the seatbelts (and had probably noted my foiled mad dash). And so, after enjoying their ride, and as we were preparing to disembark, she came up to NoFear and told her about a very special horse on the Carousel that was Cinderella's OWN horse, and since it was her birthday, would she like to STAY on the Carousel for another ride on that very special horse!

BIG GRINS. Would we ever!!!





So, NoFear was situated on the special horse the second time around. And, apparently, the Shrimp was on Charming's horse (it had a crown on the blanket???) As we were finishing that ride, the lovely young CM came up to us again, asked NoFear about her ride, and told her that since it was her birthday, she would like to treat us to some Ice Cream, would that be okay? She handed us a certificate for a free ice cream bar for everyone in our party (all 6 of us!!) Well, we had an appointment with Cindy and Charming that evening at Park Fare, but, heh, I am NOT one to pass up FREE. Especially Ice Cream. And especially from Disney. So, we thanked the CM profusely, told her that she was what made Disney World special, and trotted on over to get some frozen treats before heading back to the villa and getting ready for dinner. In retrospect, this was a good candidate for that special pin. But Bonnie, that morning, had seemed to indicate that it should go to another guest, not a castmember. So, I didn't pass the pin along to this girl.

But she made NoFear's birthday very special. And magical. And it really is people like her that make Disney so special. And not just because she gave us free ice cream. It was taking the extra time to make a 4 year old's birthday special. It was giving us the second ride that the kids remember more! I know that Disney tries to find and keep good people. I hope they know what a gem they had in this girl!

Here, just because I thought this was a really good shot of the Shrimp:



So, ice cream in hands, we wandered slowly to the front of the park. Enjoying the walk, the togetherness, then fact that we were leaving the heat and afternoon crowds for some rest before supper.


Yeah, Shrimpo got to enjoy some rides!!!

Great pics in the Pooh ride. We missed that last year, but we will be sure to hit it this time....

I love Peter Pan and have not been on that in about 6 yrs....so that is a must for this bunch, too....

Sorry, you missed Philharmagic....That is must for us!!

DH was on Space mountain last year while ds and I did that, and I told him how awesome it was and he was disappointed that he didn't get to experience that.

What a treat for your DD and your whole family for No Fear's bday!! what an awesome cast member!!!

Did you catch her name? You could send an email to Disney...that would be nice.!!

Great installment!! Looking forward to hearing about your dinner there.
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
Old 04-30-2007, 03:36 PM   #329
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money
 
MommyPoppins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: In a state of constant chaos
Posts: 4,692

Oooh! Rebel! I just love when you can get pictures of inside dark rides! Our first trip we got tons because we were dumb and didn't know you couldn't take pictures and we never heard the announcements that trip. Ahh! Those were the days.
__________________
MommyPoppins is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 05:38 PM   #330
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,583

Georgia....where are you?

Been 4 days and patiently waiting for the next installment.

I leave for Disney in 4 days and need something pass the time...

BUMP
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.