Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 06:24 PM   #1111
Mcbruns
DIS Veteran

Hello all you cake experts.
Just wondering if anyone has had any better/quicker response time by e-mailing a cake request? I've read this entire thread and am disappointed about some of the service that Disney has given (or lack of service) over the phone.
Thanks!
1976-offsite~ 1991-offsite~ 1993-offsite~ 1997-Swan~ 1998-Caribbean Beach~ 2003-Port Orleans~ 2004-Pop Century~ 2005-Beach Club Villas~ 2006-Contemporary ~ 2007-ASMu ~ 2007-Coronado Springs ~ 2007-Anniversary Trip GF ~ October 2008-Wilderness Lodge~2 trips in 2009 (June-WH and Sept-OKW)~ 2010-Swan for NYE ~ 2011-Poly for my 40th ~ April 2012 & July ~ 2013 Cruising on the Wonder & June trip ~2014-Lion King Suite
Old 04-22-2007, 05:30 AM   #1112
The Sweetness
Queen of her castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
Oh my! I couldn't pay over $500 for a birthday cake, I just couldn't.
Oh I could! I mean, if I had it like that, you bet I could.
My DD15 and I have a hobby of watching Ace of Cakes, and imaginign what kind of creations we'd have him do for us Not to mention, what her sweet 16 *should* be like (if I were Mrs Bill Gates )

Seriously, if I had no financial issues at all, I wouldnt hesitate to spend insane amounts on trivial things (I would also give, generously)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2007, 06:29 AM   #1113
LadyRob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brier Rose View Post
Here's a picture of the cake that we'll hopefully have for DD's 16th bday party.We're doing a Beach Party themed Private Dinner at the GF SummerHouse and Small Beach.

I say hopefully because this is a picture that the GF sent me to give me an idea of what they could do.

I told them I wanted it EXACTLY like the picture!! I just fell in love!
Our cake will have only two layers though. Other than that it should look the same.

There are only going to me 14 of us, and while we'll still have some wasted cake (maybe ) the 3 layers would have served about 75 people!
I don't even I could eat that much cake!
Ohhhh! This reminds me of my wedding cake. Our reception was at the Living Seas and it themed perfectly. You will love it. So detailed and it tastes good too!

Aug '06 - AKL; Oct '06 - ASSp, Pop; Jan '07 - Pop (Half Marathon); March '07 - AKL, Wonder 4-Night; Nov '07 - Thanksgiving Grand Gathering;
June '08 - AKL, Dec '08 - Pop; May '09 - Girls Only Princess Weekend; Aug '09 - Cruisin' on the Magic; Jan '10 - Pop; March '10 - Royal Family 5k;
Dec '10 - Birthday Weekend; Jan '11 - Dream preview cruise; Feb '11 - Dream 3-night; May '11 - Dream 3-night; Oct '11 - Dream 3-night;
Oct '12 - POR; Nov '12 - Dream 3-night; Feb '13 - AKL; May '13 - Pop; June '13 - Dream 3-night; July '13 - Dream 3-night . . . Plus many more!

Me DBF DD18 DD9 FINALLY PLATINUM!
Old 04-22-2007, 08:41 AM   #1114
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

I've read- ok I scanned for pictures mostly, and didn't see what I was looking for. Has anyone had a Tigger cake made? I'm thinking of trying to get one at MK delivered to dinner at Chrystal Palace. I will call and ask at the appropriate time, but I was just wondering if there were any pictures out there of Tigger cakes?
Old 04-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #1115
Brier Rose
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma

I thought I'd share this one with y'all too in case anyone need ideas for an Under the Sea type theme.

This is one WITHOUT the castle on top. Isn't it amazing how real those seahorses look!

Old 04-22-2007, 09:33 AM   #1116
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagemomx3 View Post
I've read- ok I scanned for pictures mostly, and didn't see what I was looking for. Has anyone had a Tigger cake made? I'm thinking of trying to get one at MK delivered to dinner at Chrystal Palace. I will call and ask at the appropriate time, but I was just wondering if there were any pictures out there of Tigger cakes?
I thought that they couldn't do Pooh characters for som copyright reason.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #1117
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brier Rose View Post
I thought I'd share this one with y'all too in case anyone need ideas for an Under the Sea type theme.

This is one WITHOUT the castle on top. Isn't it amazing how real those seahorses look!

Wow, just WOW!! Me likey!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 09:41 AM   #1118
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattyfamily View Post
I thought that they couldn't do Pooh characters for som copyright reason.
Hmmm Baskin and Robin's has Pooh character cakes with all their Disney stuff, I'd find it odd if MK couldn't do Pooh stuff. I guess I'll just call and find out, eventually, I am not calling 10 months in advance.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:54 AM   #1119
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagemomx3 View Post
Hmmm Baskin and Robin's has Pooh character cakes with all their Disney stuff, I'd find it odd if MK couldn't do Pooh stuff. I guess I'll just call and find out, eventually, I am not calling 10 months in advance.
I don't completely understand the exact reason, all I know is they will not put Pooh and friends on their cakes. It's been reported more than once here on the DIS. That is also what they told me when I ordered a cake at CRT for my birthday. Yes, I did order myself a cake!

They used to not do Pixar characters as well but I think since they now own Pixar they allow those characters. I did see someone with a Cars cake on this thread recently.

Disney has been in some kind of 'rights' battle regarding Pooh for awhile now. HERE is a story about their 16 year battle.

edted to add....I just found a GREAT page that has links to all the stories about this ongoing battle. LINK
Old 04-22-2007, 10:23 AM   #1120
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Very interesting, they are allowed to have Pooh characters walking around the park, have a Winnie the Pooh ride, and yet they can't put a Pooh character on a cake? How weird is that? Oh well, maybe if we end up eating at the Crystal Palace Tigger can bring the cake out?
Old 04-22-2007, 06:36 PM   #1121
melissaflorida
Earning My Ears

When I ordered all my cakes I specifically asked for Winnie and/or friends. They said any character except them... So, I ordered Minnie and Piglet brought it out.

HTH.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:20 PM   #1122
bamagirl@hrt
DIS Veteran

Who here likes fondant???

I've ordered an anniversary cake, 6" with white chocolate Mickey & Minnie on top. I loved the picture from earlier in this thread. It, like many cakes pictured in this thread, is covered in fondant. My only experience with fondant is when I tried to make it myself for DS's b'day cake one year. I didn't get it thin enough and it was very chewy. Obviously, Disney's pastry chefs are experts at this, but I've still read some comments that it doesn't taste good.

Please give me your opinion -- should I stick with the fondant as pictured with Mickey head stamps around the cake? Or should I opt for buttercream icing? I would think they can't stamp it, but could maybe do some type of icing floral design around the cake? Please help! If I'm going to spend $55 on a cake, I want it to be yummy!
Old 04-23-2007, 12:33 AM   #1123
Mousermom
I wanna plan Disney Weddings and hubby wants to be a Port Orleans riverboat captain!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurgswife View Post
Cake 5a

Cake5b

ordered the mini-castle cake from the GF bakery last week for my family. it was only $25. it's tiny but after a big dinner it was just enough for the 5 of us. plus we were able to hit the MK and do all the rides not feeling over stuffed!

bamagirl,

Is this the cake you are talking about?

I want to order this cake for DH and my anniversary.

If I'm not mistaken, there is buttercream icing underneath the fondant.

When you cut the cake, you can remove the fondant and just eat the buttercream icing.

I think the fondant is for appearance sake.

Although, some people do like the fondant.

I find it to be too sugary myself.

July 1995 Stadium Inn (Highway 192) July 1998 CBR Feb 2004 Holiday Inn Sun Spree Feb 2006 POFQ Feb 2007 POFQ March 2008 POFQ March 2009 POFQ March 2010 POFQ March 2011 POP March 2012 POP Apr 2014 POP
Old 04-23-2007, 12:37 AM   #1124
Mousermom
I wanna plan Disney Weddings and hubby wants to be a Port Orleans riverboat captain!!!

For some reason, the picture didn't show up on my previous post.

The cake I was referring to was on page 1, post #6.

Sorry for the mix-up!!!

July 1995 Stadium Inn (Highway 192) July 1998 CBR Feb 2004 Holiday Inn Sun Spree Feb 2006 POFQ Feb 2007 POFQ March 2008 POFQ March 2009 POFQ March 2010 POFQ March 2011 POP March 2012 POP Apr 2014 POP
Old 04-23-2007, 06:50 AM   #1125
bamagirl@hrt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousermom View Post
For some reason, the picture didn't show up on my previous post.

The cake I was referring to was on page 1, post #6.

Sorry for the mix-up!!!

That's the same cake, but not topper. The one I've ordered is on page 2, post #16, cake 15a. I hope it's as yummy as it is cute!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: