Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2007, 12:21 PM   #61
princess sparkle p
DIS Veteran
Whoops, sorry. Got your tag a little wet while I was drooling on it.

Our first ever cruise and Disnet cruise to boot is the 7 day eastern carribean on 4/28!!!!

1. do they always keep the markers from signing pillow cases etc?

2. does anyone worry about handing over thier passports??? I would love to have the stamps ( since I currently only have one) but not sure

3. maybe a silly? but do they sell scrap book supplies on board?

THANKS TO ALL!!!
princess sparkle p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:36 PM   #62
Amlee
Nobody likes me, Everyone hates me! I'm gonna eat a worm!
My family thinks I have some type of genetic flaw as they ALL iron like mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess sparkle p View Post
Our first ever cruise and Disnet cruise to boot is the 7 day eastern carribean on 4/28!!!!

1. do they always keep the markers from signing pillow cases etc?
I put mine in a baggie with my room number on it. I've done this twice and both times I got my markers back.

Quote:
2. does anyone worry about handing over thier passports??? I would love to have the stamps ( since I currently only have one) but not sure
I guess I should have been worried, but the thought didn't cross my mind. I had no problem getting it back. I went down the last night and picked it back up. Just besure and have a photo copy of it with you and keep up with the paper they give you. I kept mine in the safe in a file folder that I take with me for important papers.

Quote:
Yes they do, but if I remember right it was HIGH!

Quote:
THANKS TO ALL!!!
No question is silly, always ask!
Celebrity: Century: 9/3/2007 Constellation: 11/16/2007 Millenium: 02/03/2008 Summit: 3/15/2008
Azamara: Journey: 10/20/2007

Next Up:
11/12/2008 Celebrity Solstice
01/04/2009 Disney Wonder 4nts Bahamas

To see my pictures from different places around the world, go here!
Check out my travel pictures. UpDated!

Thanks Betty!
Amlee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #63
outahere

Quote:

Unless something has changed since this past November, U.S. citizens do not surrender their passports when boarding the ship.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
outahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:25 PM   #64
Amlee
Nobody likes me, Everyone hates me! I'm gonna eat a worm!
My family thinks I have some type of genetic flaw as they ALL iron like mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
Unless something has changed since this past November, U.S. citizens do not surrender their passports when boarding the ship.
We are talking about getting passport stamps. In order to get it stamped, you have to turn your passport in to guest services.
Celebrity: Century: 9/3/2007 Constellation: 11/16/2007 Millenium: 02/03/2008 Summit: 3/15/2008
Azamara: Journey: 10/20/2007

Next Up:
11/12/2008 Celebrity Solstice
01/04/2009 Disney Wonder 4nts Bahamas

To see my pictures from different places around the world, go here!
Check out my travel pictures. UpDated!

Thanks Betty!
Amlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:48 AM   #65
Mom24Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:

THANKS TO ALL!!!
They had a small sellection. WDW has different products. I have found some at on-line suppliers. I am a beginning scrapbooker. I tried to scrapebook our 2004 WDW trip. I had a huge storage box of $$$ of stuff. I JUST GOT STARTED 3 WEEKS AGO!

ANYWAY I have started collecting things to SB our 2008 cruise. (not doing our 2006). I found tropical Disney SC supplies at WALMART!! I have a good start - considering it is 13 months away. I think looking for a theme over a long period of time ends up with all kinds of surprises. Michael's had a great sale and had a lot of summer/beach/tropical sets for $1. Got about 6 there. They even had a black and white ("DCL looking") cruise ship. I will get what they have on board too. I work with a couple of pro SBers. (One does (organizes) a women's SB retreat every spring and fall. They stay in their PJs all day and SB!) SO I have good advise nearby!
ASMu--July 96; ASMu--Aug 98; PORS--June 01; ASMu--July 03; POP--Feb 04; CSR--June 04; ASMo--June 07; AoA--June 13
DCL

1st DCL Eastern MAGIC APRIL 1-8, 2006

THEN!!
2nd DCL Western MAGIC April 5-12, 2008
Mom24Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #66
MichiganMouse
Earning My Ears

We had a picture mat signed, I put it in a large manilla envelope with my sharpie (I choose to only use black). Just to be sure I got it back, I put our name and room number on the back of the mat. We just made sure to get a picture that fit the direction of the mat opening (specifically asked the photographer to take the picture of my dds and Mickey vertically.) You may want to put post-its on the mat frame indicating the top and bottom of the mat, so they will know which way you plan on hanging to picture. I also remember reading that people used fabric markers on the pillowcases not sharpies to not get fading. The scrapbooking kit for sale on the ship is $15, includes 4 sticker sheets, 6 designed paper sheets (12 x 12), 1 sheet of border sticker, and 4 paper frames.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #67
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
We have an Amish made quilt. The Amish woman we bought it from, suggested that we add a cup of vinegar to the wash water to set the colors. It worked great!
Also works great on keep BLACK clothes from fading to grey.
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:21 AM   #68
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

I took a ready to make FRAME from the craft store to be signed...here it is:

Just haven't decided what photo goes in it (or if I'm going to use it for a gift).
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:43 AM   #69
westieridgeback
Earning My Ears

I have not sailed yet but my friend told me that they do have cruise specific scrapbook items on board. I know they do not sell cruise items at the parks or downtown disney and I have not seen DCL items on line.
Jo
westieridgeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #70
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by westieridgeback View Post
I have not sailed yet but my friend told me that they do have cruise specific scrapbook items on board. I know they do not sell cruise items at the parks or downtown disney and I have not seen DCL items on line.
Jo
On Ebay you can find:

2 cruisline scrapbook items online now.
15 items if you type cruise scrapbook.
226 items (mostly pins) if you type Disney Cruise Line.
Try:cruise line in Collectibles > Disneyana > Contemporary (1968-Now) > Pins, Buttons and you get 144 items.

Just to name a few.

Old 03-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #71
dpuck1998
I'm innocent I tell you...innocent! I've been framed!

Worlds second largest Miami Dolphin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by westieridgeback View Post
Jo
I have a Disney Cruise Scrapbooking Kit that I bought a downtown disney about a year ago. Maybe they don't sell them anymore, but they did at one time.

Aug03'Yacht Club Concierge;Feb04'OKW;Oct04'Poly;Jan05'SSR;Jan06'SoG;April06'BCV/RPR;Jan07'BCV;
March07'Cruis'en;Sept07'HRH/MNSSHP;Dec07'Xmas@BCV;June08'VWL;May09'AKV/Podcast Cruise;Dec09'BCV/AKV for Xmas
April10'POR
dpuck1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #72
westieridgeback
Earning My Ears

I've been over to Downtown Disney 3 times this past month but did not find any cruise specific items. I always keep hoping they stick some out on the shelves. There is a lady on ebay that makes awesome paper piecings. I have some of them and absolutely love them. She is going to make some custom pieces for me after the cruise. I'm going to send her some specific pics for her to copy. If anyone is interested, e-mail me and I will give you her info.

Jo
westieridgeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #73
RCBA
Dreaming of Castaway Cay

I've checked downtown disney severl times for DCL stuff (forgot to p/u stuff on the ship) and have yet to find anything.
DL Sept '07 - HoJo - First trip for:
Next trip: WDW All Stars Sports - Christmas '12

RCBA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:37 PM   #74
chrisrunty
DIS Veteran

Smile Signed Menus

Hi All,
I'm having so much fun reading all the posts! My hubby and I have been on 2 Disney cruises. (4 day and Eastern 7 day) We've got the 10 day Med cruise in June. Can't wait!!! I have not seen it mentioned here, but we have always had our favorite "themed night" menu (the last one was pirate night) signed by our head server, food server, and drink server. You really get to know them after a week long cruise! Plus some of the menus are so beautiful we have had them framed as art. (get two so you can frame the front and back in one) We also like to look back and see what we ate that cruise! Good for memories... We'll that's my two cents...

Happy cruising!
10 Day Mediterranean cruise June 6th, 2007

Christine
chrisrunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #75
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrunty View Post
Hi All,
I'm having so much fun reading all the posts! My hubby and I have been on 2 Disney cruises. (4 day and Eastern 7 day) We've got the 10 day Med cruise in June. Can't wait!!! I have not seen it mentioned here, but we have always had our favorite "themed night" menu (the last one was pirate night) signed by our head server, food server, and drink server. You really get to know them after a week long cruise! Plus some of the menus are so beautiful we have had them framed as art. (get two so you can frame the front and back in one) We also like to look back and see what we ate that cruise! Good for memories... We'll that's my two cents...

Happy cruising!
10 Day Mediterranean cruise June 6th, 2007

Christine
Good thought. I totally forgot about the menus! Our son has a pirate themed room and his pirate night menu is on the wall.

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: