Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2007, 12:59 AM   #31
krzy4disney02
Mouseketeer

Just bumping...don't want to lose all of these great ideas. PLEASE keep em comin!

May 2002 Honeymoon and 1st ever trip to Disneyland **May 2003 Anniversary and DD, DS 1st Disney trip **May 2004 Anniversary Disneyland trip **August 2005 Disney with the kids **May 2006 Anniversary Disneyland Trip **May 2007 1at WDW trip & Disney cruise with kids **Dec. 2007 Disneyland holiday trip **August 2008 Disney cruise & WDW

krzy4disney02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:37 AM   #32
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poconos to Disney View Post
That pillowcase thing is a great idea!!! If I did this, it would save me time the last night. I would have to try and run around to all the characters we missed and get signatures!!!

Tell me more!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi

I made apron and two pillowcases and bring it with me to hand it in guest services and turn out lovely!

This times, I am thinking to buy new pillowcases and take it to shop for embroidery - sewing on Mickey Mouse, names and dates.

Frame with photo - bring it and they will sign it well.

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2007, 04:40 AM   #33
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlee View Post
For those of you that have U.S. passports. You can leave them with Guest Services (you get a receipt that you must have to get it back), and they will have it stamped at each country you visit. On the last night, you go and pick it back up.

Hi

Unfortunately they took our passports away because we are UK so this year in July we will be sailing to Europe and think this time we keep our passports and wonder if they do the stamped at each country??

Just wonder.

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:02 AM   #34
Ruth B
I may ask for Springs
This year we are doing a adventure day

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
Hi

Unfortunately they took our passports away because we are UK so this year in July we will be sailing to Europe and think this time we keep our passports and wonder if they do the stamped at each country??

Just wonder.

Scottishwee35
Would be good but in my expereince of tracelling around Europe, European custome don't seem to stamp UK passport( i haven't recived a stamp in the last 10 year ad travelled extensively)
Ruth B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:10 AM   #35
misseulalie
DIS Veteran

Love the ideas, guys! Thanks!!!!

What else can we do on the ship????
Old 03-08-2007, 07:34 AM   #36
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

A few more I thought of last night and from my husband:

1. Take an autograph book to have all the CMs you enjoy sign. We haven't done this yet, but we have occasional CM signatures in the regular books and find ourselves reading those (nearly always include a note) over frequently. Bonus: you'll have the correct spellings of all the CMs you want to mention by name in evaluations and/or letters.

2. Listening stations in sessions (grab a drink and snack and relax to good music)

3. Borrow a board game from Diversions and play with your friends (Diversions also has chips and salsa out most afternoons--like my chip fix!).

4.Exercise in the workout room at least once--just for the great view of the bridge.

5. Ask for the Hidden Mickey Challenge at Guest Services.

6. Pick a word (thank you or hello is nice though my kids tend to go for ice cream) to learn and see how many languages you can learn it in.

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:35 AM   #37
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Quote:
Originally Posted by misseulalie View Post
Sounds good to me!

Actually, I want to take these ideas and post them to our Repo thread...
Feel free to move anything I post over there as well. I don't know how!

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:20 AM   #38
Mickey'sfriend
DIS Veteran

Leave a wake-up call. It's Mickey Mouse who will call you. When you answer, hit the speaker phone button so your entire cabin can hear. My kids thought this was hysterical. Especially when Mickey called us one morning 11 times!!
Old 03-08-2007, 08:40 AM   #39
poconoboatniks
DIS Veteran

No more view of the bridge from the gym. They put a floor over the bridge and now there are treadmills and ellipitical machines, but it does have a nice view of the bow of the Magic and the ocean.

In cat. 12, 11 & 10 rooms turn the tv to the basketball court view so that it lights up the room in the morning.

Pocono
4/2003 Western Magic, 4/2004 Eastern Magic, 2/2005 4 night Wonder, 5/28/05 Inaugural West Coast Cruisers, 6/2005 1st trip to Disneyland, 8/2005 Coronado Springs, 9/2005 Port Orleans Riverside Happiest Pin Celebration,4/8/06 Western Magic, 8/2006 Port Orleans Riverside, 9/7/06 POR It All Started With...Walt Pin Celebration, 12/24/06 Surprise Trip to Disneyland, 5/26/07 Inaugural Mediterranean Cruisers, 4/08 Candy Cane Inn & DL
poconoboatniks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:54 AM   #40
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

pillow case info

The more sharpies you put in, the prettier it will be. I gave them about 7 or 8 from a big pack with colors like aqua, orange, etc. They will even personalize it with your child's name if you request it. (Not that it's a big deal, but I didn't get the pens back)

This is who signed:
Mickey, Minnie,, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Genie, Aladdin, Chip/Dale,Max,Lilo/Stitch,Pinocchio,Snow White, Cinderella, Fairy godmother, Dopey, Mulan, Pochahontas, Wendy Darling, belle, Princess Aurora, Captain Hook, Smee, Peter Pan, Terk, Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, Alice, White Rabbit
Suzy and Perla

So you see, you get a lot more characters than you actually see on the ship. I imagine the White Rabbit, et al are behind the scenes doing laundry or something

By the way, I haven't washed the pillowcases yet. Has anyone done so. Should I rinse it in something special to set the ink? I was worried about it running.

Last edited by sherekhan; 03-08-2007 at 09:03 AM. Reason: correction
sherekhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:02 AM   #41
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
The more sharpies you put in, the prettier it will be. I gave them about 7 or 8 from a big pack with colors like aqua, orange, etc. They will even personalize it with your child's name if you request it. (Not that it's a big deal, but I didn't get the pens back)

This is who signed:
Mickey, Minnie,, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Genie, Aladdin, Chip/Dale,Max,Lilo/Stitch,Pinocchio,Snow White, Cinderella, Fairy godmother, Dopey, Mulan, Pochahontas, Wendy Darling, belle, Princess Aurora, Captain Hook, Smee, Peter Pan, Terk, Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, Alice, White Rabbit
Suzy and Perla

So you see, you get a lot more characters than you actually see on the ship. I imagine the White Rabbit, et al are behind the scenes doing laundry or something

Any insights on who Suzy and Perla are? Perhaps the guest services cast members who facilitate this

By the way, I haven't washed the pillowcases yet. Has anyone done so. Should I rinse it in something special to set the ink? I was worried about it running.
Suzy and Perla are Cinderella's mice friends!

Kristen
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000 (Wonder/Bahamas), 2008 (Magic/W. Caribbean), 2011 (Dream/Bahamas), 2013 (Magic/EB Transatlantic), 2014 (Dream/Mexico)... and now May 2015 (Dream/Bahamas)!

Kewz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:18 AM   #42
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Castaway cay...baby joggers/wagons free

I never saw this written anywhere, but we found a little "parking lot" of free baby joggers and red wagons to use on Castaway Cay. First come first serve and very handy moving a family over sand.
sherekhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:53 AM   #43
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Quote:
I never saw this written anywhere, but we found a little "parking lot" of free baby joggers and red wagons to use on Castaway Cay. First come first serve and very handy moving a family over sand.
Where did you find the "parking lot" of these? I need this for my niece and nephew in September.
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:06 AM   #44
mom_of_2_princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My fabric marker directions said to iron it inside out before I washed it. I did not do it and the color stayed great. I did wash the pillowcases before I took them though.

Lori
mom_of_2_princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:35 AM   #45
Amlee
Nobody likes me, Everyone hates me! I'm gonna eat a worm!
My family thinks I have some type of genetic flaw as they ALL iron like mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
Hi

Just wonder.

Scottishwee35
This might be something you have to ask to be done. I just assumed they stamped forgien passports automaticly. Just go to guest services and ask. It can't hurt, and its fun to have the stamps there. Just remember you have to leave it with them, so have a photo copy of your passport to keep with you.
Celebrity: Century: 9/3/2007 Constellation: 11/16/2007 Millenium: 02/03/2008 Summit: 3/15/2008
Azamara: Journey: 10/20/2007

Next Up:
11/12/2008 Celebrity Solstice
01/04/2009 Disney Wonder 4nts Bahamas

To see my pictures from different places around the world, go here!
Check out my travel pictures. UpDated!

Thanks Betty!
Amlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: