Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2007, 06:21 PM   #286
coastermom
Proud Redhead
I am not crazy just like my job
This makes the decision much easier
ROLLERCOASTERS ARE MY LIFE

I am so glad you said it was plenty of room. I am looking forward to it . Did your in laws like the sleeper sofa?? This is my only concern other then that I am sure we are headed into a great vacation. We have plenty of time and are looking forward to not rushing through the parks. Last year we did 4 parks in 2 days . This was after a 5 day visit to IOA/USF and a stay at the HRH.
coastermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:27 PM   #287
DKM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastermom View Post
I am so glad you said it was plenty of room. I am looking forward to it . Did your in laws like the sleeper sofa?? This is my only concern other then that I am sure we are headed into a great vacation. We have plenty of time and are looking forward to not rushing through the parks. Last year we did 4 parks in 2 days . This was after a 5 day visit to IOA/USF and a stay at the HRH.

We stayed there in January. My Mom stayed on the sleeper sofa. She said it was very comfortable. No complaints what so ever. My two daughters stayed on the other two pull outs and slept like logs. Wife and I were in the bedroom. Best thing about the suites were definitely the two bathrooms! Not to mention the kitchenette just to keep juice, milk, cereal, etc. in. We loved them. I hope they make more suites. I have a feeling these will be hard to come by with all of the good reviews they are getting.
DKM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2007, 11:05 AM   #288
Mobed
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess sparkle p View Post
We stayed in the suites Dec 1-10. LOVED THEM!!!!! We will stay there again when we go back. It was just DH and I, we dont have children yet. My 2 DBIL's also joined us for 4 days. It was soooo nice to have the extra space and the seperate bedroom. My favorite was the 2 seperate bathrooms!!! We travel with DBIL's often and sharing a room can be cramped, and well not too much fun. It was also great to have the fridge as we always take a case of water with us.

Any questions please feel free to ask!!!
How were the teen crowds at that time? We are booked for Nov. 28-Dec. 5, but I checked out the Pop Warner calendar online and they are scheduled to be there (at WDW) the 1st through the 8th, so I'm thinking of changing.

Also, how was the soundproofing between rooms? Could you hear your DBIL or their TV through the walls? It will be me, my dh, my dd7, ds5 and ds3.

Thanks for your help!
Mobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:52 PM   #289
momsc
Earning My Ears

Thank you...you just made my day! I was sitting here worried about our room at All Star music. We booked the family suite for this June 07 and now I am actually excited. These pics are priceless!
momsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:20 PM   #290
MOREMICKEY4ME
Mouseketeer

I have poked around this thread a bit, and I am trying to figure out who makes the furniture for the suites?
My teen daughters share a room and they want a living room in their bedroom- the pull out chair and small sofa look great!!!
Any suggestions would be great.
MOREMICKEY4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:35 AM   #291
JL2002
Earning My Ears

40% discount and Free Dining Plan (if offered later on) won't apply to these suites....just found out...~guess we will be keeping our reservation....shux~
JL2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:54 AM   #292
paper1225
DIS Veteran

I am pretty sure I know the answer.......but just trying here-when free dining is offered, can I get 40%off too? (a little disney wishing here )
Old 02-28-2007, 03:26 PM   #293
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobed View Post
How were the teen crowds at that time? We are booked for Nov. 28-Dec. 5, but I checked out the Pop Warner calendar online and they are scheduled to be there (at WDW) the 1st through the 8th, so I'm thinking of changing.

Also, how was the soundproofing between rooms? Could you hear your DBIL or their TV through the walls? It will be me, my dh, my dd7, ds5 and ds3.

Thanks for your help!
When I was there with my kids, I never heard anything. At least until they turned the TV on first thing in the morning. It automatically turns to the DISNEY favorites channel (with Stacy telling you about everything to do in the parks), and it comes on at FULL VOLUME, so Watch Out for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOREMICKEY4ME View Post
I have poked around this thread a bit, and I am trying to figure out who makes the furniture for the suites?
My teen daughters share a room and they want a living room in their bedroom- the pull out chair and small sofa look great!!!

Linda has checked into this, and she found out that they are made exclusively for Disney.

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.
aldisneygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:13 PM   #294
bless7ings
DIS Veteran

bump
bless7ings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:34 PM   #295
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOREMICKEY4ME View Post
aldisneygrl is correct.

I looked over for the same style pull outs that are in the Family Suites and they are made exclusively for Disney.

Here are a couple of posts from the following thread;

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie61650 View Post
I just called and the fold out beds at the Family Suites and the DVC's are made exclusively for Disney.

The public cannot buy them.

Hummm maybe I should have put one in my car when I had the chance.

Just kidding guys!

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help.
---------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie61650 View Post
She said there was no company signature on them.
She said they were made excusively for Disney.

I have looked at about 30 websites and have not been be able to find that design.

This is a reply I recieved from the DVC board:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....33post15794933
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558
I copied the name and website off the sofabed when we were there end of Oct. When I looked it up online it turns out that the manufacturer is wholesale only, making the frames only. Too bad.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....id=&highlight=

See the thread above for the whole story about my Quest to find out who makes the pull outs:
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:39 PM   #296
Elmo888
"Cake is a sometimes food. Cake is a sometimes food." - Linda Flynn Fletcher

Booked for Feb 2008!

FYI, I tried last week to book for October, but there wasn't anything available. (I checked for October availability about a month ago, and there was still availability. These suites seem to go quickly.)

Where is the best place to request a room if we need quiet during the day (naps for young children)? It doesn't look like there are any bad locations, but we just need daytime quiet (not facing the pool?).

Thanks!
1/07 Wilderness Lodge - First time with DDs and our 10th Anniversary
1/01 Port Orleans
1/97 Wilderness Lodge - Honeymoon
3/90 Treehouse Villas
3/86 Contemporary Resort
'74 - '76 Contemporary Resort/Offsite/Too young to remember details
Elmo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:14 PM   #297
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo888 View Post
Booked for Feb 2008!

FYI, I tried last week to book for October, but there wasn't anything available. (I checked for October availability about a month ago, and there was still availability. These suites seem to go quickly.)

Where is the best place to request a room if we need quiet during the day (naps for young children)? It doesn't look like there are any bad locations, but we just need daytime quiet (not facing the pool?).

Thanks!
My room was on the 1st floor facing away from the pool.
It was very quiet.

I hope you enjoy the Suites as much as DH and I did.

Have fun at Disney!
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:26 AM   #298
Julie-at-home
Earning My Ears

Gosh, I guess I better get calling if I want a suite for next January. Forgive me if this has already been asked.... we are going with my in-laws, so we would like a suite and they will need a regular room. Is it possible to get these rooms next to each other (not ajoined, just beside) or even NEAR each other?? I am picturing all of the suites together and am now worried that they will be upset if they can't be placed by us. Thanks.

Also, I am debating between one of these suites, and a room at POR with a trundle. Does anyone have an opinion? This is the last year my daughter will be 2 (actually one month away from 3) and considered a baby, so we can still get away with the 5 of us in one room. However, the extra space and kitchenette and extra bathroom sounds great. I need help deciding!

Last edited by Julie-at-home; 03-14-2007 at 08:29 AM. Reason: added another question
Julie-at-home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:31 AM   #299
MKelley226
Earning My Ears

How far in advance should we book for August 2008? If we book room only now, can we upgrade to a package later?

August 11th-20th, 2006 ~ ASMo
Next Trip: August 2009 ~ ASMo or ASMu
MKelley226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:43 AM   #300
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo888 View Post
Booked for Feb 2008!

Thanks!
We slept in most mornings. We had a room on the second floor facing the pool in bldg. #10, and noise was NOT a factor at all. I was really surprised at how quiet the rooms actually were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie-at-home View Post
Gosh, I guess I better get calling if I want a suite for next January. Forgive me if this has already been asked.... we are going with my in-laws, so we would like a suite and they will need a regular room. Is it possible to get these rooms next to each other (not ajoined, just beside) or even NEAR each other?? I am picturing all of the suites together and am now worried that they will be upset if they can't be placed by us. Thanks.

Also, I am debating between one of these suites, and a room at POR with a trundle. Does anyone have an opinion? This is the last year my daughter will be 2 (actually one month away from 3) and considered a baby, so we can still get away with the 5 of us in one room. However, the extra space and kitchenette and extra bathroom sounds great. I need help deciding!
They do have some of the suites that are side by side (not adjoining), but I'm not sure how many. I would make sure that you make that request on your ressie. I've never stayed at POR, so I can't help you there, but these suites were AWESOME!!!

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.
aldisneygrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: