Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2007, 06:43 PM   #286
marybrat
DIS Veteran

We' re driving do Disney with our camper in tow. My sister and her family are flying to OIA and meeting us at FW. Can they take advantage of ME?
1990 off-site, 1996 All Star Music, 1998 All Star Music, 2001 Contemporary, 2004 Pop Century, 2007 Fort Wilderness, 2009 off-site, 2009 Pop Century, 2010 Pop Century, 2012 Disneyland, 2014 Fort Wilderness
marybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:32 PM   #287
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Absolutely. You have to add them to your reservation in advance, then reserve Magical Express for them. Give the folks at CRO their flight information and everything is good to go!

I did this last December. I drove with the gear. My son and a friend of mine flew in for part of the trip.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2007, 07:25 AM   #288
ClarabelleCow
Where did my tag go? Oh fairy, can you help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip 'n Dale Express View Post
As soon as I hear anything, it will be updated on the first page.
Tyler- is the pilot program still going on? we are seriously considering trying to change our last day of our trip to a resort that is working with Airtran. But if its not going on anymore, then I won't change, ME can't give me any answers?

Thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 08:44 AM   #289
threecrazykids
DIS Veteran

Ok...here is my dilema...hoping someone...anyone can help. I need some suggestions on how we should do our "transportation". We are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside May 5-10th (checking out on the 10th)but are staying in Florida until the 12th.

Flying into Orlando on Friday night (so we don't lose a whole day of parks on Saturday...but our check in to Disney isn't until Saturday. So we will have to stay "offsite" for Friday night. I have a couple issues...do I just take a cab to the offsite hotel on Friday night or do most of the hotels offer shuttles...then I'm probably going to have to take another cab to get to the Disney hotel on Saturday....right? I won't necessarily NEED a car while we're at Disney.

Then after the night of the 9th (we'll be at Magic Kingdom)...we will be going to Sea World on the morning of the 10th...and then going to try to do the beach on the 11th and then fly out on the 12th in the afternoon. So...when check out of Disney on the morning of the 10th...I'm going to need some way to get from POR to our offsite hotel...and then transportation back to the airport.

But in essence, I'm thinking I really only need a car on that one day we're going to the beach, because other than that, I think there are ways to get shuttles to take us to and from the airport and most of the hotels will shuttle us to Sea World.

It's just getting from Disney property...to offsite property, and our trip to the beach...is it really worth renting a car for the whole week? Or will the cost of all the other transportation make it about the same as just renting the car for the week and saying "it's not worth the hassle?"
threecrazykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:08 PM   #290
marybrat
DIS Veteran

I have another question. I booked our trip through AAA. We will be driving to WDW in August. My sister and family will arrive the same day we do, but by plane. They are staying only one week, while we are staying two weeks. The travel agent said they cannot use Magic Express because they need to book a package and would have to stay the entire length of our stay. True?
1990 off-site, 1996 All Star Music, 1998 All Star Music, 2001 Contemporary, 2004 Pop Century, 2007 Fort Wilderness, 2009 off-site, 2009 Pop Century, 2010 Pop Century, 2012 Disneyland, 2014 Fort Wilderness
marybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:52 PM   #291
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!

Absolutely not true. If you can't convince your travel agent to book Magical Express for your sister and company, then when your trip is 60 days out, call Magical Express directly. (866) 599-0951

Give them your reservation #, the folks that are flying in's names, arrival flight # and date, and departure flight # and date.

Magical Express will take care of the rest. Since the reservation is in your name, the documents will arrive at your address. When they arrive, forward them to your sister. They will then be all set up for Magical Express!!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:16 PM   #292
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarabelleCow View Post
Tyler- is the pilot program still going on? we are seriously considering trying to change our last day of our trip to a resort that is working with Airtran. But if its not going on anymore, then I won't change, ME can't give me any answers?

Thanks
The AirTran pilot program has been extended until March, and still only at the select resorts.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #293
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybrat View Post
I have another question. I booked our trip through AAA. We will be driving to WDW in August. My sister and family will arrive the same day we do, but by plane. They are staying only one week, while we are staying two weeks. The travel agent said they cannot use Magic Express because they need to book a package and would have to stay the entire length of our stay. True?
Your travel agent does not know what they are talking about. See the post from clkelley above for the real answer, and be careful about what your TA tells you.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #294
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Magical Express very very late at night?

I was informed that after midnight, Magical Express may be limited to vans and if I have young children, that I may not be able to participate. Can anyone please confirm this? We may be arriving at the airport at approximately 11 pm and have 1 child who for sure would need either a booster seat or carseat if in a van, neither of which we are bringing along with us. Thank you.
Disneyolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:28 PM   #295
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post
I was informed that after midnight, Magical Express may be limited to vans and if I have young children, that I may not be able to participate. Can anyone please confirm this? We may be arriving at the airport at approximately 11 pm and have 1 child who for sure would need either a booster seat or carseat if in a van, neither of which we are bringing along with us. Thank you.
I have no idea if what you heard was true. But I do know that if you arrive at 11:00 p.m. then you will not need to worry about what happens after midnight.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:44 PM   #296
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Oops

I thought I was posting a new thread...sorry for posting this question on this one. It is off topic.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:13 PM   #297
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post
I have not heard this, and I would seriously doubt it to be true.

Who is your source?
Old 02-13-2007, 04:40 PM   #298
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

I see you found my other post on a new thread. I've answered your question there. Thank you Tyler.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:20 PM   #299
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip 'n Dale Express View Post
I have not heard this, and I would seriously doubt it to be true.

Who is your source?
In addition, before Magical Express, most of the Mears service to WDW was in vans, and there were many, many, passengers with infants and small children that did not have car seats or boosters. I doubt that Mears refused to transport them.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:32 PM   #300
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley View Post
In addition, before Magical Express, most of the Mears service to WDW was in vans, and there were many, many, passengers with infants and small children that did not have car seats or boosters. I doubt that Mears refused to transport them.
Edd will probably know more on this than I would, but I'm pretty sure for livery vehicles such as a Mears van, a car seat is not required... just strongly recommended.

I could be completely wrong, though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: