Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2007, 02:00 PM   #271
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

Ok I have a stupid question. My friend called and set it up and they sent me the tags. My 1 friend and me are arriving on the 14th of March and then another friend is arriving on the 15th. Well, all my tags say the 14th. When my friend called she told them about my other friend coming in on the 15th and they said fine. I don't know what to do. Will they still bring my friend to the hotel if she gets her own bags!!
Old 02-03-2007, 02:09 PM   #272
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAshton View Post
Ok I have a stupid question. My friend called and set it up and they sent me the tags. My 1 friend and me are arriving on the 14th of March and then another friend is arriving on the 15th. Well, all my tags say the 14th. When my friend called she told them about my other friend coming in on the 15th and they said fine. I don't know what to do. Will they still bring my friend to the hotel if she gets her own bags!!
Call DME back and double check they know she is arriving on a different day. As long as its in the DME reservation system that way, it won't matter what the tag says.

Even if your friend didn;t receive ANY DME luggage tags, she STILL wouldn't have to claim her own checked bags. DME has a system specially set up for people who didn;t put DME tags on their bags. You still skip baggage claim, and still go to the DME Welcome Center. They will ask if you tagged your bags. WHen you say "No," they will ask for your baggage claim ticket numbers, as well as ask for a physical description of your bags. They will dispatch a CM to go to baggage claim, claim your bags for you, then bring them back behind-the-scenes with the rest of the DME luggage to be delivered to the resorts.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2007, 07:42 AM   #273
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
Call DME back and double check they know she is arriving on a different day. As long as its in the DME reservation system that way, it won't matter what the tag says.

Even if your friend didn;t receive ANY DME luggage tags, she STILL wouldn't have to claim her own checked bags. DME has a system specially set up for people who didn;t put DME tags on their bags. You still skip baggage claim, and still go to the DME Welcome Center. They will ask if you tagged your bags. WHen you say "No," they will ask for your baggage claim ticket numbers, as well as ask for a physical description of your bags. They will dispatch a CM to go to baggage claim, claim your bags for you, then bring them back behind-the-scenes with the rest of the DME luggage to be delivered to the resorts.
Thank you so much Eric. I asked the friend who called the first time to call back.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #274
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Tyler - any idea how long the pilot program for Air Tran will last? Will it become permanent? We usually fly Air Tran and it was great being able to do the check in with ME in January. I didn't know they were included then so I was really surprised when bell services fill me in. I'm hoping they'll still be doing it in July. Thanks!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:28 PM   #275
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

As soon as I hear anything, it will be updated on the first page.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:18 AM   #276
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Thanks Tyler! I hope Air Tran stays with the program.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:30 PM   #277
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Okay.....here is the phone number..866-599-0951. There isn't a 'website'. They will ask you for your resort confimation number, and your flight info, as well as who is in your party. Then, about 3-4 weeks before your trip, they will send you an info packet, with your yellow luggage tags that will go on your checked bags, as well as directions to the DME checkin desk. Your flight info will be listed in it as well as your resort destination.
So....you're all packed and ready to go. Put a yellow tag on each bag you will be checking. (you'll get two tags per person in your party). When you arrive at MCO, go straight to the DME welcome-checkin desk on level 1. You will 'land' on level 3, baggage claim is level 2 and you want to go all the way down to street level...level 1 (rental car companies, towncars, shuttles are all there). Follow the directions to the checkin desk (they are very easy to follow). Get in the line, only one person in the group needs to get in line, the rest can stand off in the sitting area. You will be checked in, then directed to the appropriate bus line for your resort. When the correct bus comes, you will be taken to the bus line and on board you get. Off to your resort, checkin and your bags should be there within 3 hrs or so.

Be sure to pack a carryon bag with any essentials you may need for those first few hours. I always pack shorts/tee shirt, bathing suit in mine. That way I can change and head to a park or take a swim.

It's all very easy. Hope I've answered your questions.
Thanks for the info.
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
jeanylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:10 PM   #278
drivencrazy
DIS Veteran

South West Airlines and DME?

I booked our flight on SWA and now am wondering if we will have to get our own bag or not...... we are using a TA and I gave her the flight info and she said she would call Disney and get things taken care of... So does that mean that the yellow tags will come to us and we put them on the bags and when we get there we won't have to do anything but get on the bus?? Or since we are flying SW we have to get our own bags and to the bus? We are staying at AllStar Music, if that makes any difference!

Also when it's time to go home, will we take our own bags to the bus and get to the airport and check them there?? Or is there an easier way?

I am new to flying and all this so all the info would be great!!

Thanks
drivencrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:25 PM   #279
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivencrazy View Post
I booked our flight on SWA and now am wondering if we will have to get our own bag or not...... we are using a TA and I gave her the flight info and she said she would call Disney and get things taken care of... So does that mean that the yellow tags will come to us and we put them on the bags and when we get there we won't have to do anything but get on the bus?? Or since we are flying SW we have to get our own bags and to the bus? We are staying at AllStar Music, if that makes any difference!

Also when it's time to go home, will we take our own bags to the bus and get to the airport and check them there?? Or is there an easier way?

I am new to flying and all this so all the info would be great!!

Thanks
You will find it very helpful to read at least the first page of this thread.

Make sure your TA makes DME reservations for you. SHE will receive your DME packet, which will include your DME luggage tags; find out if she will get it to you or if you need to get it from her.

Put one DME luggage tag on each bag you intend to check with your airline. Check them in with your airline at your home airport (they won't know a blessed thing about DME and they don't have to, so don't even ask your airline about it). The next time you see those bags, they'll be inside your WDW resort room.

When you arrive at MCO, skip baggage claim and go directly to the DME Welcome Center. You'll be pointed towards your bus queue after checking in.

On your way home, you have to get your bags to your DME bus. The driver will load them under the bus, and you'll get them back when you arrive at the airport. It's then up to you to take care of them from there, just like when you take your luggage to the airport any other time you fly at any other airport.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:15 PM   #280
REL1203
DIS Veteran

Wow.. Great thread... I was under the impression that if I arrived on a South West Flight, I would not be able to have Disney handle all my luggage and have it waiting in my room, but that doesnt appear so... Am I reading this correct? I arrive on a SW flight, and as long as I arrange it all with Disney, i can skip luggage claim, and go right to the DME check in, and go right to my resort flying on a SW flight? Going home doenst matter, since we are staying off site for the last couple days of the trip anyway... Am i getting that right?
REL1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:39 PM   #281
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by REL1203 View Post
Wow.. Great thread... I was under the impression that if I arrived on a South West Flight, I would not be able to have Disney handle all my luggage and have it waiting in my room, but that doesnt appear so... Am I reading this correct? I arrive on a SW flight, and as long as I arrange it all with Disney, i can skip luggage claim, and go right to the DME check in, and go right to my resort flying on a SW flight? Going home doenst matter, since we are staying off site for the last couple days of the trip anyway... Am i getting that right?
You have it right. On arrival at MCO, airline makes NO DIFFERENCE. Again, I'd suggest reading at least the first page of this thread.

Airline ONLY matters for the way home. EVERYONE on EVERY AIRLINE gets the full DME treatment when they arrive at Orlando International Airport.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:15 AM   #282
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

In fact....you can actually get dropped off at the airport, and still take DME to your resort!!! It does not matter how you get to the airport. Anyone arriving through MCO is entitled to a ride to the resort. And as long as you are staying on-site, with the exception of the S/D and SoG, you can get a ride back to the airport. If you have checked luggage, put the yellow tags on them and they will be delivered to your resort room.
Just be sure to make a reservation well in advance of your trip! Otherwise you won't have time to get the info packet, with the luggage tags. You can still use DME without the tags, it's just easier if you have them.

The only time it makes a difference what airline you are flying on is when you leave your resort and head back to the airport. Then, if you are flying one of the 'participating' airlines (which SW is not one of yet) you can check your bags, and get your boarding pass, right at your resort. Think of it as a way off-site sky cap.

If you are flying one of the other airlines, then you just take your luggage with you, to the bus, and ride back to the airport. "participating" airline makes a difference ONLY in the ability to check your bags and get your boarding pass at your resort rather than at the airport...that's the only difference.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:16 PM   #283
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

thanks for the info. Thanks.
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
jeanylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:09 PM   #284
noname70
Mouseketeer

We will have a fold up stroller for our 1 year old that we brought on the plane with us as we head for our bus at MCO (no luggage). Do we (should we) take it on the bus or will we have to stow it beforehand?
Old 02-09-2007, 07:19 PM   #285
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname70 View Post
We will have a fold up stroller for our 1 year old that we brought on the plane with us as we head for our bus at MCO (no luggage). Do we (should we) take it on the bus or will we have to stow it beforehand?
There's no problem whatsoever. If it's small enough you can elect to take it on the bus with you -- it just has to be small enough to fit under your own seat, or on the overhead shelf. Otherwise, you can have the driver stow it under the bus for you, and you'll get it right back when you arrive at your resort.

No worries.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: