Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2007, 11:24 AM   #136
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I guess, technically, you could. They do ask for flight info when you book, but you could always give them the info for a flight arriving/departing at about the times you 'think' you'll need DME. Then, you can call them back with the info when you book. I just can't imagine a situation where you would need to book DME before you booked your flights. As long as you give them a month's notice, they can get you what you need. And even if you booked air the week before you traveled, you could still use it but you wouldn't have the yellow luggage tags in time. But...that could be your issue...so, you could give them 'flight info' now, they send you luggage tags based on the info you gave them. You have the tags to use..not an issue if the 'arrival' time isn't correct, as long as your resort info is right, your bags will get to your resort.

Well, now that I've had a conversation with myself...hope that gives you the info you want!!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:53 AM   #137
KristinU
DIS Veteran

Thanks Goofy4tink! I'll just wait then. We're usually big on renting a car, but we're just back from a great trip and DS is loving the busses so we used our rental just to and from the airport...so we decided to give DME a shot next trip, so I guess I'm just all jazzed up to book it

1994 Poly Honeymoon - 1997 BWV - 1998 Contemporary - 1999 Coronado Springs - 2000 Joined DVC! BWV & Vero Beach - 2001 BWV & CBR - 2002 BCV & OKW - 2003 Grand Californian & AKL - 2004 POR, DS's first trip to WDW and our 10th anniversary! - 2005 BWV for DS's first birthday! & SSR - 2006 Pop & OKW - 2007 VWL for DS's 3rd birthday! also in 2007 - started living Debt Free! - 2008 BWV for DS's 4th birthday and sold DVC! (and yes, it's a good thing for us! ) and Fort Wilderness for Thanksgiving 2008 - 2009 Bay Lake Tower for our 15th Anniversary 2011 Fort Wilderness, Princess Half Marathon 2012 Fort Wilderness - 2013 1st Dark Side visit - Universal for WWoHP! 2013 AKV for Princess Half Marathon Girls Weekend!
KristinU is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2007, 04:41 AM   #138
bicker
DIS Veteran

It is pretty-much meaningless to book DME until you have flight information -- you don't have an effective booking, really, until flight information is on-file.
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #139
mrscoobs
Mouseketeer

I've been looking for this question and haven't seen it so here it goes.

For our October trip we are meeting in Disneyworld for a get-together reunion type deal. All three of us are staying in the same room under my name, but are orginating from different airports and taking different flights. Should each of us make different DME reservations (with the link being the resort confirmation number) and have them mail the packet to each of our homes, or are all the vouchers going to be sent to me and then I need to mail the tags to them before they we all leave for our trip? Any insight would be helpful. TIA

Next Trip:
WL December 8-15th

Any thoughts expressed are solely my opinions and do not reflect any company that I work for
mrscoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:37 AM   #140
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

The packet will come to your address and you will have to distribute the vouchers and yellow tags.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:24 AM   #141
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

How long

I just was wondering....If my flight lands at 10:30 and I use the magical express when will I arrive at my hotel? AllStar Sports?

CBR - 1996 (June), 1997 (Feb), 2007 (July)
Dolphin - 2003 (April) 2008 (Mar), 2009 (July),
2010 (July)
Beach Club - 2012 (July)
Wilderness Lodge - 2013 (July)
Royal Pacific - July 2010
Portofino - July 2012
diskids2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:51 PM   #142
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
I just was wondering....If my flight lands at 10:30 and I use the magical express when will I arrive at my hotel? AllStar Sports?
The average reported time between landing and resort drop-off is 70 minutes. So figure you'll be there by midnight.

A few months ago, I arrived around 10:00 p.m. and I was at my resort 56 minutes later.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:40 PM   #143
tdcmoore
Earning My Ears

Baggage Arrival Time

If the average time for us to arrive at resort is about 70 minutes, what is the average time for our bags to arrive? We hit the airport mid-day on one of the Spring Break Saturdays. Thanks!
tdcmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:45 PM   #144
MAGICX2
DIS Veteran

My mother and stepfather are going on there first Disney trip without us. They are not very airport savy at all. They have purchased a WDW vacation package thru Southwest Airlines Vacations. It gave them the ME transportation option(no charge) when purchasing the package. Will they get their ME tags in the mail or do they need to call the ME phone # and reqest them. Also, they leave on 2/13. Will they receive them before they leave?

MeDH DS13DD10
MAGICX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:53 PM   #145
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICX2 View Post
My mother and stepfather are going on there first Disney trip without us. They are not very airport savy at all. They have purchased a WDW vacation package thru Southwest Airlines Vacations. It gave them the ME transportation option(no charge) when purchasing the package. Will they get their ME tags in the mail or do they need to call the ME phone # and reqest them. Also, they leave on 2/13. Will they receive them before they leave?
They will probably need to get the tags from SWA Vacations, since DME materials are shipped by Disney to the travel agent, if there is one. In this case, SWA vacations is their travel agent.

That being said, they could always try to call DME (866-599-0951) and ask, although it's possible DME might not talk to them because SWA vacactions "owns" the reservation.

If they don't receive the DME mailing in time, never fear. They don't 100% need that stuff.

Tell them to go to the DME Welcome Center just like normal (in other words, skip baggage claim). When there, one of the questions the CM will ask is whether they put DME tags on their checked luggage. When they answer "No," the CM will ask for their luggage claim ticket numbers, as well as a physical description of each bag. A CM will be dispatched to claim those bags at baggage claim, and then bring the bags back behind-the-scenes and put then with the rest of the DME luggage that will be delivered to the resorts.

There is never a charge for DME no matter who books the trip, or whether it is a package or not.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:26 AM   #146
dreams4disney

Mouseketeer

Wrong Tags.....

I just got my magical express luggage tags but they are for the wrong resort. We changed a few days after we booked. I was told that they would send new ones but they never have. Last night I called and was told they never updated my info the first time and that they would and to just cross out Pop on the tags and write in PO FQ. Will this work? It has that it is a AK resort in the Mickey Ear, but isn't PO FQ an DTD resort? Is this goig to work? I don't want to not get my luggage.

Thanks!

Bobbie Ann
Old 02-07-2007, 11:11 AM   #147
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams4disney View Post
I just got my magical express luggage tags but they are for the wrong resort. We changed a few days after we booked. I was told that they would send new ones but they never have. Last night I called and was told they never updated my info the first time and that they would and to just cross out Pop on the tags and write in PO FQ. Will this work? It has that it is a AK resort in the Mickey Ear, but isn't PO FQ an DTD resort? Is this goig to work? I don't want to not get my luggage.

Thanks!

Bobbie Ann
No worries. These tags will work just fine. Cross out Pop (and also the "AK"), but leave everything else alone, especially the barcode.

The barcode is what's used to sort the baggage. The barcode doesn't "say" Pop Century, the barcode will tell them your resort reservation info that's in the database. Since your reservation info is now for POFQ, then that is what DME's computers/scanners will tell them to do, route those bags to POFQ.

The main reason to cross out the old info, I guess, is so that a well-meaning person doesn't override the system and manually move your bags from the Pop/AK area to the POFQ/DD area, thinking they did their good deed for the day.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:45 AM   #148
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

I have a quick question. I have one friend that is flying in the day after I am. I have the booklet but what should I sent her?? The question is the disney tags have my arrival date on them and not hers. Is that going to be a problem or should I tell her just to get her bags and bring them to DME.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2007, 10:46 AM   #149
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAshton View Post
I have a quick question. I have one friend that is flying in the day after I am. I have the booklet but what should I sent her?? The question is the disney tags have my arrival date on them and not hers. Is that going to be a problem or should I tell her just to get her bags and bring them to DME.

Thanks
First of all, call DME and make sure they know that your friend is arriving the day after you're arriving, that's the most important part. While you're doing that, ask them your question. I'll bet the answer is to just use the tags as-is

Even if she doesn;t have the tags, she can still get the automatic luggage delivery (again, if she has a proper reservation). At the DME counter, they will ask her if she tagged her bags. If she says No, they'll ask for her baggage claim ticket numbers and a physical description of the bags. They will dispatch a CM to go to baggage claim, claim her bags for her, then bring them back behind the scenes with the rest of the DME luggage set for delivery.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:26 PM   #150
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Last May I flew into MCO on a Monday morning, used DME to take me to POP. My dh and dd flew down the next day, Tuesday, late evening. I had made reservations for all three of us. They had no trouble using the bus service. As for the bags and the correct date on them, they didn't use them because I had taken their stuff with me. I would think that it would be fine, but if there is any doubt about the tags, I would have your friend just get them and bring them to the DME checkin desk and have them put underneath the bus. Peace of mind I guess.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: