Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
kkevcamsmom
100% TIGGER SUPPORTER!

8 days, 4 parks, no worries! Our first trip to WDW TONS of photos Update #11, 12

BUUURRRRR!!! Why did we have to come back??? Yes, it’s true our first family vacation in WDW is over…..WHAAAAA

We had the absolute best time. Thank goodness for this site! We were in the world from January 26th until February 2nd. But before the report let me introduce the cast:

DH: 34 Mechanical design engineer(yes everything you have heard about engineers is true!) and my best friend Thinks Xanadu is the best movie ever, loves to tweak with the surround sound and see if the neighbors 5 blocks away can hear Bono belting out the tunes before we blow a speaker

Me: 36 (gasp when did that happen? I don't recall any birthdays after 30), Stay at home mom who runs a small daycare. Sarcastic humor that sometimes needs to be explained to DH (but we love him anyway), loves Monty Python and Eddie Izzard, George Carlin, and all time FAVE Robin Williams Converted DH to a U2 fan Mom to the next three cast members...

DD: 15, beautiful, very smart (got mad when she *only* scored a 98 on the last national tests), sarcastic, also likes British comedies, speaks German pretty well for a second year. I think she is the only person I know of who will complain about “going to WDW twice in one year”…. Silly girl!

DS: 6, a sweet and caring boy most times. Sometimes turns into shriek man (have you seen Parenthood? the kid named Kevin who freaks out when he looses his retainer...oh yes, our Kevin can make that same sound...) He loves his little brother, even though he can be a pain, but isn't that what little brothers are for?? Terrified by Chuck E. Cheese so we are hoping Disney World will fair better….

DS: 4, where to start with this one... if he'd been our first, he would have been our last....lol He's a tornado all in one little bundle but also a sweetie. He loves to buddy around with his big brother but also loves to torment him too. He's the only 4 yr old I know that has a six pack stomach. He's had it forever, we can't figure out where he got it form, we have no weights in the house. Also terrified of Chuck E. Cheese, don’t know what will happen at the World with this one…

Now that you know us, won’t you join me for a trip down memory lane?? You will…. Ok, off we go……

A bit of background… (And if you have read my pre-trip report some of this will sound familiar… clip and paste are my friends….lol)

I started planting the idea of a trip to WDW in my DH's head oh... about...umm... 12 YEARS ago. In May of this year he said those words I had been waiting to hear "Let's take the kids to Disneyland in Florida" Ok so wrong place but at least he was willing to go

After a month we agreed on the dates Jan 27 to the 30th. Yep we thought we could do all four parks in just three days (considering the day's flying in and out would only be half days). Then someone from his work gave us this book and we realized that 3 days would not come close to cutting it. So we decided on an 8 day trip January 26th to Feb 2nd. WHHOO HOOO. Now the debate about when to tell the kids....sigh....

We agreed not to tell the kids until: 0ne week for DD15 and the day before for the DS's. Mainly on the DS's because I didn't want 7 months of "Are we going today?" 2 hours after we decided on the official dates DH blows it and tells our DD15....lol you should have seen her face

We start looking at resorts and waiting for the 2007 prices to be released. After much taking we decide on the ASMu family suites.

Now fast forward to January, not long to go now and oh, wait what is this…

We leave in just 3 days!!!

DS4's Strep is better; he will finish his meds on Friday.

I woke up Monday with my first finger swollen from the first joint to the tip, it hurt so bad, so off to the dr I went, I have an infection in my finger where the nail comes out of my finger. So I am on anti-biotic and using a Triple antibiotic ointment. If it gets worse by Thursday I have to go in and have it drained...whoo hooo fun...NOT!!!

Then DS6 had a weird rash on his face this morning so into the Dr. we went again. We just have to let the rash run its course.

Oh please, please, please nothing else!! It's almost laughable that we have all been pretty healthy until 10 days out...lol

I can't wait to go!

Ok now for an update… Still at the three day out mark and DD15 comes up and says “I feel warm” I take her temp…102.6 and her throat is sore. I take and look and yep, you guessed it, the tell-tell white patches of strep. So I get her started on meds. The next morning DH says he’s feeling bad, yes, that’s right another case of strep and only 2 days to go…sigh… So with 4 out of 5 of us on meds I feel like a revolving pharmacy…lol

We start packing on Wednesday January 24th, all day I am putting things in the bedroom and my DS4 is running about talking to me and never once questions why I have a ton of his clothes spread out on my bed and suitcases in the room. We were worried that he’s brother DS6 would start asking but nope.

Thursday, January 25th: DH gets off work early. I have kids picked up early and we put the finishing touches on the packing. Now DS4 still has no clue, but as soon as DS6 gets home from school he starts to question: “Are we going somewhere?” “Are we going on vacation?” “Where are we going?” Every two minutes, he’s so persistant. So we finally answer him, “Yes we are going somewhere. Yes we are going on vacation. We are not telling you until later where we are going” So we decide to tell them that night. You can view the video if you would like too:http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a48...t=P1250001.flv

These are the cards I made for them and DD15 read to them:

Yes, for quite a while you could hear the boys laughing and talking to each other. They finally fell asleep around 8:45 that night.

Next up.... Flight day, our Magic Express experience, checking in at the All Star Music and walking through the gates for the first time!

Last edited by kkevcamsmom; 02-12-2007 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Update info 2/12/07
Old 02-07-2007, 04:52 PM   #2
disneyfreak74
DIS Veteran

OK!! I am here!!! Tell me MORE!!!!

All Star Sports Sept 01 ~ Nov 01 ~ Jan 04 ~ Sept 05 ~ Dec 05 ~ Sept 06 ~ Jan 07 ~ Aug 08
Pop Century Mar 05
French Qtr July 07
Caribbean Beach Sept 09 FREE DINING!!!

I have earned my EARS!!!
My son fell in love with the football court, so there we must stay. . . . . AGAIN!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2007, 05:36 PM   #3
Goofster57
What if the “Hokey Pokey” really is what it’s all about?

Location: On the other side of that invisible line that I just can’t help crossing some times

Off to a really good start, looking forward to reading more
Old 02-08-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
kkevcamsmom
100% TIGGER SUPPORTER!

Thanks for reading, mine may not be as exciting as most, but I hope you are enjoying it all the same

Day one: Flight day, our Magic Express experience, checking in at the All Star Music and walking through the gates for the first time!

THE FLIGHT:

January 26, 2007 4:00 AM: DH and I get up and start getting ready, put the last minute stuff in the suitcases get everything loaded up in the van. The boys are up by 4:45, they heard us up and around. DD said she'd set her alarm and she did but she forgot to wake up when it went off. 4:50 DH goes down and gets her up. Luckily she can get ready fast. We are out the door by 5:05 and at our airport at 5:30.

We breeze through getting our boarding passes, TSA check on the luggage and head to the security check. Here is where DD gives us more trouble. She forgets to take her belt off, sets off the alarms so she has to take off the belt and go back through. Then she forgot about some liquid hand sanitizer in her bag and gets pulled aside for a search... I told her to quit causing problems today as we all had a good laugh.

Now by this point I have only had one cup of coffee (be it a 16 oz cup but that's just my regular size). I usually need 3 cups to get really going in the morning. We take off from our airport and there is no coffee being served... At this point even my DH looks worried... But, being the planner I am I know where every Starbucks in in every Terminal at the Atlanta Airport

So after getting my Cinnamon Dolce Latte Venti I am set for at least 30 mins. We grab lunch and sit down to eat. As soon as we start eating we hear our flight being called for boarding. I swear that was the fastest 1.5 hours ever! So we board, finish eating on board and land in Orlando at 12:35 pm.

MAGIC EXPRESS:

First off the Orlando Airport is HUGE! Even though we looked at maps of it I was still amazed at the size. However the directions we were given with our ME package were great and we had no trouble. Plus there were lots of people walking around with signs to help you find your way. I lined up and we were through and checked in within 5 mins. We were on our way to the ASMU within 10 mins.

Cameron (DS4) on the ME bus, Kevin (DS6) and Eric (DH) are behind him:

On the way we were treated to:

We got to ASMU and checked in. Rosie was so wonderful! We received a little card welcoming us to WDW for the first time. Our room wasn't ready yet but we were able to check our carry on's and head to the park.

Magic Kingdom:

WOW Here we are!!! We made it. I had to go through a bag check, then it was off to use our cards for the first time. The bio readers must have been fixed because we had no problems at all

Suddenly we were there, taking our first steps into Mickey's world. We stepped in and didn't look back for 7 more days.....

We headed down Main Street and off to Adventureland.

A building on Main Street:

First up: Aladin's Magic Carpets. A great ride to start with, short line the boys loved it.

I thought guy was just too cute:

DH, DD and DS4:

DS6 (sorry it's so off, I was in the same seat with him):

Next up: I was off in search of more coffee and water, DH took the boys up into Swiss Family Robinson's Treehouse.

Check out this clear sky:

Next ride: POC I loved the new additions but then last time I saw this ride was in Disneyland when I was 4 yrs old...lol Both boys hid their eyes most of the time, except when we would say "There is Captain Jack Sparrow"

DS6 not quite sure he wants to ride:

And speaking of Captian Jack, does this head look familiar?

Maybe this shot:

Right after walking off POC we saw this little show. We were on our way out for the day and what a perfect way to end the day...with a pirate

Finally our room was ready, we were exhausted!

We were in Calypso Building 10 2nd floor room 560. We have a view of the pool and the walk to melody hall was less then 1 1/2 mins (that's from our room to the front desk), but then we tend to walk fast. But it was super close. We had towel animals 4 out of the 8 days Mousekeeping was wonderful. We once in a while heard a toilet flush but we were too exhausted to care. We never heard our neightbors except for one morning we could hear the little girls aboves jumping around yelling "We get to eat with Cinderella today!" and it was just to cute to be bothersome

I found all the CM's there to be nice and very helpful. The busses were great, we only had to stand once and that was going to MK for the rope drop. We had some waiting but not long and that was usually because we had just missed a bus.

A helpful hint... Never decide to take the Monorail from Epcot to MK to catch a bus when MK closes early....lol DH and I did that. We ended up going to the Poly (which was BEAUTIFUL!!!!) and catching a cab back to ASMU. We laughed about it all the way back....

Oh and if you are staying there you have to try the Corn Chowder and the Chicken Caesar Salad....TO DIE FOR!!!!

Sorry I don't have any pictures, I completely forgot to take some

Next: Day Two MK day, Lunch at Tony's, meeting Characters, and Wishes
Old 02-08-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix
Cannot, under any circumstances, say no to a glazed Krispy Kreme
Let's just hope that I never get drunk and end up with Snape tattooed on my butt

Great report so far!

Quote:
LOVE IT! I've never noticed that! Is it on the ride, or nearby?

But Why is the Rum Gone? The Disneyween Trip ~*~No Day But Today- January 2007 Report

May 2000 - Poly & DCL * May 2001-WL, PO-R & ASMo * Dec 2001- PO-R, AKL, Poly, and WL * Nov 2002 -ASMu,Poly and PO-R * Dec 2004- ASMu, WL, PO-FQ, Poly, and PO-R * Dec 2005- ASMu, OKW and the Swan * Feb 2006- Pop Century * Jan 2007- ASMu, WL, AKL and BCV* Oct 2007-AS Sp,OKW, BCV, POR * Dec 2007- Gave up and moved there!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:42 PM   #6
Bee
Dreaming is what is making me get up each day!

Okay, Here I am... you got me hook, line and sinker!!

Write on!!!

1977 Disneyland offsite 1989 WDW Christmas offsite 2003 Disneyland Grand Calif. 2005 WDW 10-22 to 10-27 AsMO also MNSSHP 2005 2005 DCL Wonder 10-27 to 10-30 ] Hoping to return yearly.Now- hoping to go back SOMEDAY... Wishing you a Magical Day[/COLOR] Divorced mother of 2 beautiful DD One 17 one 15 Wilma, forgotten suitcases and cruising Oct 2005
[quit smoking- yay me]
Old 02-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #7
LouDisney
DIS Veteran

I am here too, can't wait to read more!

Old 02-08-2007, 02:37 PM   #8
Blaynexox
DIS Veteran

great report! Cant wait to here more!

Me and DFiance -
First Trip to Disney Feb. 13th - 23rd 2007!

Me and DFiance
2 Week Disneymoon Oct. 4 - 18th 2011!!
Old 02-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #9
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

Subscribing.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:55 PM   #10
meloneyb21
DIS Veteran

I'm really enjoying this so far. Can't wait for more .

8/1990 - Offsite 4/06 - CSR 5/09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 4/10 - Poly 8/11 - AKL 8/12 - AKL 6/14 - AKL
Old 02-12-2007, 10:46 AM   #11
kkevcamsmom
100% TIGGER SUPPORTER!

January 27th: Magic Kingdom day, meeting character, lunch at Tony's and Wishes

We mistakingly thougth the boys would sleep in...lol they were up bright at early at 6:50 am. So we decided to make it to the opening of the Magic Kingdom. It was so fun!

The Clock:

DS4 looking so thrilled...lol

Micky's pixie dust:

Main Street Train Station:

The Mayor:

The Family who was picked to help open the Magic Kingdom:

Mickey:

The Castle:

I think we rode almost every ride at the Magic Kingdom, except Splash Mountain, it was being refurbished. DS4 and DD15's favorite ride in the Magic Kingdom was Space Mountain. DS6 was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Buzz Lightyear. DH and I loved Mickey Philharmagic show (don't miss this when you go!). Crowd level was very low, the longest wait we had was a 30 min wait for Space Mountain. Nearly everything was close to walk on. We did use some fastpasses that day however.

We had lunch at Tony's and it was so YUMMY! The boys split a pizza, DD15 order Chicken Alfredo (the chef made it special for since it wasn't on the menu but was what she wanted ), DH had the Spaghetti and Meatballs (the meatballs were HUGE), I had the Lady and Tramp meal (soup and half sandwich). Everything was wonderful! My sandwich came out and was on Rye bread, which I can't eat so the chef offered to put the sandwich on whatever I wanted or I could have the chicken and cheese alone. Awesome service. I would go back in an instant!

We took this photo of the kids out side Tony's:

Next up... Meeting the characters... would the boys actual do it??
Old 02-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #12
kkevcamsmom
100% TIGGER SUPPORTER!

Day Two continued: Meeting the characters... would the boys actual do it??

After lunch we rode the train around to Toonland. As we pull into the station we see a TON of chacaters coming out: Prince John, Ghepetto, a penguin, Max (Goofy's Son), Dopey, and several more I can't remember now...lol

DS4 watched from a distance but DS6 wanted a photo with the penguin and Max

DS6's first character meetings:

DD15 with Dopey:

The boys, DD15 and DH went on the Teacups, I didn't, all that spinning...not a good mix for me, but I thnk the kids liked this one....lol

Some other fun photos:

And yes finally DS4 got to meet his buddy Pooh Bear!

WISHES:

Earlier DS4 (brown shirt) fell at Donald's boat, if you look close you can see the start of a black eye.

Not sure how I got this shot, but I am glad I did!

And our first Towel Animal!!

Up Next:

Day Three: MGM, Hollywood and Vine and The Tower of Terror....bwwaahhhhh
Old 02-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #13
pigletforever
DIS Veteran

great report. Can't wait for the next installment.

1994 off site (WDW), 1996 Contemp (WDW),
2006 AKL CL (WDW), 2009 OCTOBER 21-25 Sheraton Anaheim (DLR), 2010 Jan 4 -9 Holiday Inn and Suites (DLR)
Dec2010/Jan 2011WL (WDW), November 16,2013 Wonder, November 23, 2014 Magic
Old 02-12-2007, 05:41 PM   #14
serendipity
DIS Veteran

I love it! You're a great photographer...those Wishes pictures are great.
January 2008- Paris (with day trip to Disneyland Paris), Germany, Austria, Florence and Rome!!!/May 2007- Honeymoon at Disneyland and the great out west!/February 2007-Long weekend at POR/November 2007-Early Christmas at ASSp/WL/AKL/April 2006-Birthday celebration/1st trip with my husband at ASMo/AKL/1996-2000- Summers in Orlando every year to visit my Grandmother

Old 02-12-2007, 06:59 PM   #15
ampc3
DIS Veteran

ok I'm in!

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: