Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #256
OneMoreTry

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
We flew air tran on our January 4-January 9 trip and was surprised to find out that Air Tran was now participating. A bellman at the Polynesian told us when we called to check our bags. I hope it continues since we always usually fly AIr Tran. The bellman didn't tell us it was a pilot program, he told us that Air Tran just became a participating airline in the past two weeks.

Is AirTran a decent airline? My inlaws are thinking of using it.
OneMoreTry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:29 AM   #257
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

I had no experience with AirTran until our recent November trip. No problems at all, as pleasant as air travel can be.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #258
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

We've flown US Air, Air Tran and Southwest and I have to say Air Tran is my favorite. They've always left on time (weather permitting) and usually we land even before the estimated arrival time. The boarding is better than the cattle call at Southwest and we've always had courteous service. HTH.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:25 PM   #259
djw320
Earning My Ears

Airtran ?

Does anyone know what resorts airtran is being tested at? Hopefully CBR
djw320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:50 AM   #260
bosox18
Mouseketeer

Just want to check and make sure this is no problem. We're flying in to MCO and will use the Magical Express to get to Pop Century. At the end of our stay, though, we're going to rent a car at the airport and explore some other parts of Florida.

Is there any problem for me (leaving the family behind) to ride the Express back to the airport (no luggage in tow), pick up the car, then drive back to the hotel to pick up my family and luggage? Do I have to concoct a fake airline reservation to get a ride back?
bosox18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:53 AM   #261
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

That is no problem at all. However, you will need to give them a flight number of a flight that will be leaving the airport approximately 3 hours after you want to leave PoP.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:02 AM   #262
bosox18
Mouseketeer

Thanks. So I do have to come up with a pretend flight. Doesn't seem like it should have to be so clandestine, but no problem.
bosox18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:38 AM   #263
jeanylaser
Walt Disney World Dolphin resort biggest fan

our family is flying in delta. Delta is in the list too. I am so confused. Please! Help me to understand.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:51 PM   #264
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
our family is flying in delta. Delta is in the list too. I am so confused. Please! Help me to understand.
It would be helpful to read at least the first page or 2 of this thread.

ARRIVAL IN ORLANDO:
Everyone on every airline gets the free automatic luggage delivery to the inside of your resort room, and the free bus ride to your resort.

LEAVING AT THE END OF YOUR TRIP:
People flying one of the "participating airlines" can check their luggage in at their resort's Resort Airline Check-in desk, and then not see it again until it's on their home airport's baggage claim carousel. People on all other airlines must get their luggage to the DME bus -- the driver will load it under the bus, and then unload it when you get dropped off at the airport, and then you check your luggage in with your airline like usual. Regardless of airline, everyone gets the free bus ride if they want it.

All of the above is contingent on having DME reservations. Only people named on the reservation at a Disney owned-and-operated resort can use these services.

PLEASE, read at least the beginning of this thread.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:19 PM   #265
jeanylaser

thank you for this info Taylor.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:48 PM   #266
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by djw320 View Post
Does anyone know what resorts airtran is being tested at? Hopefully CBR
Check out the first page of this thread for the answer.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:12 PM   #267
noname70
Mouseketeer

3 questions: We are checking in to Pop for 4 days and then switching to BCV for 5 days. Will this be taken care of when I reserve or will I have to make arrangements at BCV for my return?

Our return flight is 8:00pm (non paticipating airline). Will the hotel hold the bags that long after check out if we go to the parks for 6 hours?

What is the typical amount of time it takes to get to Pop from MCO? I've read 75 minutes to GF? Do value resorts take more time?

Ok maybe that was more than 3 questions......thanks
Old 02-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #268
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname70 View Post
3 questions: We are checking in to Pop for 4 days and then switching to BCV for 5 days. Will this be taken care of when I reserve or will I have to make arrangements at BCV for my return?

Our return flight is 8:00pm (non paticipating airline). Will the hotel hold the bags that long after check out if we go to the parks for 6 hours?

What is the typical amount of time it takes to get to Pop from MCO? I've read 75 minutes to GF? Do value resorts take more time?

Ok maybe that was more than 3 questions......thanks
1. Yes, you can make the switch easily. Just tell them when you book the reservation. If you want to be sure they have it down correctly, then double check when you get to BCV. I split between BWV and POR and had no issues at all with DME in the return.

2. Yes, bell services will hold your bags as long as you need. Be sure to be back at the resort 45 mins before the bus leaves since it can take a bit of time for bell services to haul out your bags and you don't want to cut it too close.

3. It has routinely taken me about 30 minutes to get to POP from MCO. I have used DME for the trip twice now, and the first time it took me 70 mins from deplaning to POP's checkin desk. WE were the first stop that time. Second time it took about 85 mins...but we were the last of three stops that time. The actual ride from the airport is about 30 minutes or so. That's what it is for most of the resorts I believe. At least, that's what it has been for POR, ASMusic, POP, BWV, BCV, CR and the Polynesian...give or take 5 mins either way.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:04 PM   #269
jeanylaser

Please! Tell me the website of Disney's Magical Express? Please! tell me how it work?
Old 02-03-2007, 02:44 PM   #270
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
Please! Tell me the website of Disney's Magical Express? Please! tell me how it work?
Okay.....here is the phone number..866-599-0951. There isn't a 'website'. They will ask you for your resort confimation number, and your flight info, as well as who is in your party. Then, about 3-4 weeks before your trip, they will send you an info packet, with your yellow luggage tags that will go on your checked bags, as well as directions to the DME checkin desk. Your flight info will be listed in it as well as your resort destination.
So....you're all packed and ready to go. Put a yellow tag on each bag you will be checking. (you'll get two tags per person in your party). When you arrive at MCO, go straight to the DME welcome-checkin desk on level 1. You will 'land' on level 3, baggage claim is level 2 and you want to go all the way down to street level...level 1 (rental car companies, towncars, shuttles are all there). Follow the directions to the checkin desk (they are very easy to follow). Get in the line, only one person in the group needs to get in line, the rest can stand off in the sitting area. You will be checked in, then directed to the appropriate bus line for your resort. When the correct bus comes, you will be taken to the bus line and on board you get. Off to your resort, checkin and your bags should be there within 3 hrs or so.

Be sure to pack a carryon bag with any essentials you may need for those first few hours. I always pack shorts/tee shirt, bathing suit in mine. That way I can change and head to a park or take a swim.

It's all very easy. Hope I've answered your questions.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: