Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #796
Remember The Magic
Mouseketeer

Hi Fairy Tale Bride, I made a detailed post about my cake with a couple more pics on this page:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....173219&page=38

Let me know if it's any help!

"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse". Walt Disney
Old 02-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #797
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Here are the photos our our cakes from our December 2006trip

This is from Garden Grille. It was 13.50 (white cake with white icing)

This one MK bakery made for us for dinner at LTT the night of MVMCP. It was $25 for the cake and $8 for the image (which they forgot to charge us for). It was a 3 layer white cake with white icing. DH thought the Garden Grille one was just as good.

We also had a Donald Duck and Daisy Duck at Crystal Palace from MK Bakery. It was $40 and I can't find a picture of it anywhere It was very similar to the Christmas cake above but with Donald and Daisy on it. It was also a triple layer white cake with white icing.
Thank you for posting your pictures!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2007, 11:21 PM   #798
SLDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellieflgirl View Post
Hey there!
Just thought I would pass this along...called SSR today and was transfered to Olivia's @ OKW. They make the cake there since SSR doesn't have a regular bakery I guess. Then the cake is sent over to the store at SSR to be picked up anytime after 5PM. (SSR doesn't deliver to rooms.) Which is good because we'll be back later that evening and probably be craving sweets!!!! (The healthiest of all travel foods CAKE!!! hehe)
I ordered a 8" because she said that they can't really personalize the 6" (even though it'll be way more cake than two of us can eat!!) I got Vanilla cake with white chocolate filling. Kari Anne in the kitchen was very nice & was so cute when I said it was for my mom's 60th and that she was my best friend, she gave me an aaaawwwww! LOL Cute!
Okay...now...nothing left but, make the Fantasmic Dinner reservations...thank goodness!!!! I'm beat already and I haven't gone on the actual vacation!! LOL

Do you have a picture of this cake? My family is going in March for my dad's 60th b-day & I want to order the 8" for him.

BTW, we have a late b-fast reservation at Chef Mickey's...has anyone ever ordered a cake from there for b-fast?! Thanks
Old 02-02-2007, 05:27 AM   #799
FlavioRJ
DIS Veteran

Iíll be celebrating my birthday this year at WDW.

I think Iíll go with a Lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe for this. Have anyone ordered Birthday cakes from them recently? Shall I contact WCC directly, or there are other options (other bakeries) where I may order them from?

TIA

July 1989 - offsite w/ grandma! - July 1990 - Royal Plaza w/ parents - July 1993 - Disneyland Paris - February 2000 & January 2001 - offsite -
February 2002 - BC & Cruise for Honeymoon!!! - February 2005 - POP - DD First trip to WDW! - April 2007 - POP again!
April 2009 - POP one more time - February 2011 - POP this time with 2 DDs

Old 02-02-2007, 04:44 PM   #800
Maria395712
DIS cast member/DIS vet/DVC member

can we get the 6 in cake at crystal palace and can we order it when we get there
maria
Old 02-02-2007, 05:04 PM   #801
Yzerbear19
I'm beautifully tragic - Elphaba (Wicked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria395712 View Post
can we get the 6 in cake at crystal palace and can we order it when we get there
maria
Yes to the first and I believe it is also yes to the second.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:19 PM   #802
Aquagirl
Move like a jellyfish, rhythm is nothing, you go with the flow you don't stop.

Has anyone ever ordered a cake from the GF with only the glass slipper on top? I don't want the cinderella pic, just the slipper. If so what was the charge? I can't see it costing $30 since the whole slipper dessert is under $15.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #803
olbear
Loves all things POOH!

Hopefully this worked. It is a picture of our anniversary cake. I ordered it from the GF bakery. It was a custom order and was I think $45. But I got my DDE discount of 20%.

It was beautiful and delish!!

Blessings,
Winnie

DISNEY COLLEGE OF KNOWLEDGE GRAD!!

WRITE YOUR LETTER TO SUPPORT "SCOOP"
"SCOOPIE GROUPIES" UNITE!!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:29 PM   #804
MAGICX2
DIS Veteran

I ordered a cake from the GF Bakery and picked it up at the Gasparilla Grill. It was an 8" custom cake. It was a white cake with fresh strawberry and custard filling, chocolate buttercream icing and chocolate ganache on that. I asked for a stand-up Little Mermaid theme. I was SOOOO happy with this cake! You never know what it will look like until you get it and it was awesome. People stopped us on our monorail ride and walk up to Crystal Palace just to look at the cake. We had to hurry and get it to CP because the ganache was getting soft. Everyhting on the cake was made of chocolate. I think it was beautiful and my DD loved her
3rd !

MeDH DS13DD10
Old 02-02-2007, 10:30 PM   #805
The Sweetness
Queen of her castle

Yummy, did you try a shell?

Old 02-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #806
MAGICX2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sweetness View Post
Yummy, did you try a shell?
The cake was sumptuous! The toppings however tasted like unflavored chocolate. Not good.

MeDH DS13DD10
Old 02-04-2007, 12:35 AM   #807
The Sweetness
Queen of her castle

Ill remember that

Old 02-04-2007, 08:45 AM   #808
cycloketocaine
Earning My Ears

Hey guys!! I have a question, I tried searching but there are so many pages!!! Anyway, my DD will be turning 3 on our trip. She absolutely LOVES Ariel and the Little Mermaid. We have Dinner ADR's at CRT the first night of our trip. My question is, if I order a cake, say from the MK bakery, can I have it "sent" to CRT? And will they come and sing to her or something?? She sees this all the time in restaurants and wants someone to come sing to her for her birthday.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #809
momof2disprincesses
I love my INCREDIBLE family!!!

Location: Appleton, WI (most of the year). AKV is our "new" home!

Just ordered a cake for our dinner at WCC on April 7th for dd's 15th birthday. I called 407-824-2090 (WL private dining). I got the number from when I made my ADR.

I ordered a 10" double layer cake with the following details: marble cake, chocolate buttercream filling & chocolate ganache icing.

I also ordered a small Eeyore for the top ($3 extra) and she said they will do the writing in pink & purple (dd's favorite colors).

It will be $40 and she said I will pay for it with the meal, but they do require a credit card when ordering.

I'll post a picture when we return.
34 trips...SO FAR! June 1989-Honeymoon! August 2002-CBR & Disney Wonder!! October 2003-offsite October 2004-offsite August 2005-1st FREE dining & WL Jan. 2006-WDW, 2nd Disney cruise & Nick Hotel! May 2006-POP adults only Aug. 2006-POP & 2nd FREE dining! Christmas 2006-POFQ April 2007-Easter at Pop Aug. 2007-3rd Free dining at Pop Sept. 2007-first trip to Disneyland! Feb. 2008- Beach Club, DCL & Pop ~ joined DVC! Sept. 2008 - 4th FREE dining! - POFQ Oct. 2008 - SSR & MNSSHP! Christmas 2008 - All Star Sports & FREE dining! June 2009 - Kidani Village for our 20th anniversary July 4th, 2009 at Pop!Aug. 09 - Pop again! Sept. 2009 - POFQ and 6th FREE dining Halloween 2009 at Kidani June 2010 Kidani for 2 graduations & a marriage proposal.Free dining & Halloween at Pop CenturyChristmas and New Year's 2010 - BCV & AKV Spring break 2011 at Old Key West June 2011 Celebrating 22 years of marriage at Kidani Halloween 2011 at POFQ with FREE dining for the 8th time Disney Cruise on the Dream April 2012 July 2012 at Kidani & Cocoa Beach Kidani & Jambo house club level Christmas 2012 Spring break 2013 offsite Celebrating 24 years of Happily Ever After at OKWChristmas/New Years 2013 with free dining at Coronado SpringsJune 2014 - Beach Club and Disney Fantasy!

UPCOMING:
10 nights celebrating our empty nest at Kidani!
Old 02-04-2007, 08:10 PM   #810
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

here's what we got this weekend...fantastic, but NOT what I ordered........

Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: