Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 04:20 AM   #766
mbrowninc
Mouseketeer

Newbie here!

I am trying to read these posts but I have a question. So i cannot get a cake delivered to any other restaurant except CRT or GF? Trying to get a cake for daughters 3rd Bday which will be during our May trip. I dont know which restaurant to go to but it probably wont be those.

Thanks
Melanie
Old 01-28-2007, 04:57 AM   #767
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

No, you can get cakes at other places, but GF will not deliver to anywhere other than their resort, or dining venues in their resort. I have heard they will deliver for a 75 dollar fee, and also that you could pick the cake up, but when I called a couple days ago I was told in a very strict manner that NO I could NOT pick it up, and was not offered delivery for the 75 dollar fee. If you are eating in the Grand Floridian they will Deliver the cake to their Dining venues, or if you are staying at the resort. You can order a cake at CRT, Ohanas, Tonys, Liberty Tree Tavern, epcot, and MGM just to name a few, but GF, nor the Boardwalk bakery will deliver you will have to pick the cake up at Boardwalk if you order from them. I suggest which ever venue you choose for your birthday spot to call them directly to see what they offer. Some offer custom cakes, and also the small frozen cakes.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #768
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Ok... I have a couple more questions regarding cakes, if you don't mind

I was wondering - is the mini Castle Cake still $25? And is this available at MK bakery? Also, can you customise it? (I would love chocolate cake, with raspberry filling and chocolate ganache)

Disney Wedding ~ 11th Aug 2010 ~ WP/Sonoma/Napa/Whitehall DP

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Old 01-28-2007, 12:24 PM   #769
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

As far as I was told it's still 25, no you can only get this at the Grand Floridian a one of their Dining Venues, and last I heard it was chocolate cake, vanilla, or cheesecake, not sure on the fillings, and I believe it's only iced in fondant., but you may want to check with them.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:33 PM   #770
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1173219 post#13

wow - this was my eldest in 2005....I just called GF for this coming Saturday....8in with the $30 Cinderella topper. Will post pics upon returning. And in all fairness.....they heard my small party size and wanted me to get the frozen podium cake. Ummmm, no thanks!
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
Old 01-28-2007, 06:45 PM   #771
laura12581
I love WDW and DCL!!

Dh Surprised me witha cake at Victoria & Albert's

Jan 25th, my DH surprised at V&As with a Cinderella cake- White Chocolate and milk chocolate fondant over white chocoloate frosting? with vanilla cake... IT was GOOD! I wish we could have brought it home!

Sorry it is so big and sideways.. 1st picture post!
Laura
Jan 2007 BC (surprise concierge upgrade) and BWI
Oct 07 at the Poly (Babymoon),
Disneyland 2010
DS 6, DD 4
Counting down to their first trip Oct 16, 2014!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #772
Disney8704
I so need to do that!
I have 2 cats who LOVE to climb on top of EVERYTHING

Question

Hey everyone. Who has had the zebra cake from AKL? Is it good and is it worth the money? I am trying to decide if I should go with the zebra cake (we will be staying at the AKL) or the mini castle cake from GF Cafe for mine and DH anniversary. I figured as for the zebra cake, since there will be cake left over, we can always wrap it up and eat it at night after the day at the parks. Which one do you think we should do?
Old 01-29-2007, 12:35 PM   #773
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

I called them last week, and just wanted to inform you they have no pastry chef anymore, so the zebra cake is only one standard cake. Vanilla with vanilla buttercream with ganache and stripes. She told me they do not offer anything else but that one. It was 40 some odd dollars (under 50) From what she told me it's a very standard cake since they have no pastry person.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #774
Disney8704
I so need to do that!
I have 2 cats who LOVE to climb on top of EVERYTHING

Yeah I knew that AKL only does zebra cakes now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirlz View Post
I called them last week, and just wanted to inform you they have no pastry chef anymore, so the zebra cake is only one standard cake. Vanilla with vanilla buttercream with ganache and stripes. She told me they do not offer anything else but that one. It was 40 some odd dollars (under 50) From what she told me it's a very standard cake since they have no pastry person.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:44 PM   #775
AshleyMWC
DIS Veteran

I have read quite a few of these pages, but not every one, so I apologize if my question is answered on here somewhere. I know this is really far away, but I am going to be taking my mom to WDW in October (1-7), staying at the Poly. We are not celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or anything like that, but we ARE celebrating making it through the past 2 years- it has been ROUGH in sooo many ways. I wanted to get a cake to "celebrate", and I had wanted to wlak over and pick it up at the GF and bring it back to the room as a surprise for my mom. However, it looks like now you can no longer pick up cakes at GF??!!!! What a bummer (if I am reading correctly!). So, I was thinking, can you have a cake delivered to your table during afternoon tea?? We are definitely doing that one day! Also, any cake siggestions from you cake vets out there?? I don't want one of those frozen ones, even though it's just the 2 of us-- we can eat on it all week I figure. Mom loves Tinkerbell, if that helps at all. I would like to keep the cost around $40-$50! Thanks for all the pretty cake posts everyone

Mommy and Daddy only trip March 13-18
Old 01-29-2007, 01:47 PM   #776
sajetto
Wedding Pavilion Bride 2007
I could eat Pad Thai everyday
I was gonna put Val Kilmer next

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_mel View Post
WOW that cake is amazing! So much attention to detail!
We thought so too! I couldn't believe how much work they put into that cake. I'm guessing its because all I told them to do was somehow incorperate Donald Duck with gardening and from there they went nuts! I'm so glad that I let the GF Bakery take the reigns on it and wasn't to specific because I NEVER could have described something like that! I seriously loved it more than our wedding cake and it wasn't even mine
Old 01-29-2007, 01:52 PM   #777
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyMWC View Post
I have read quite a few of these pages, but not every one, so I apologize if my question is answered on here somewhere. I know this is really far away, but I am going to be taking my mom to WDW in October (1-7), staying at the Poly. We are not celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or anything like that, but we ARE celebrating making it through the past 2 years- it has been ROUGH in sooo many ways. I wanted to get a cake to "celebrate", and I had wanted to wlak over and pick it up at the GF and bring it back to the room as a surprise for my mom. However, it looks like now you can no longer pick up cakes at GF??!!!! What a bummer (if I am reading correctly!). So, I was thinking, can you have a cake delivered to your table during afternoon tea?? We are definitely doing that one day! Also, any cake siggestions from you cake vets out there?? I don't want one of those frozen ones, even though it's just the 2 of us-- we can eat on it all week I figure. Mom loves Tinkerbell, if that helps at all. I would like to keep the cost around $40-$50! Thanks for all the pretty cake posts everyone

No, you can order one for afternoon tea. It's held at the GF, so they will deliver it there. You can also order and pick up cakes from the Boardwalk Bakery. Gf just told me when I called that the pastry chef said No more pick ups cause he has had problems with people with it in the past she said.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:55 PM   #778
Goofy4Disney
Wants to be a full-time WDW food critic!

sajetto - What exactly is that Donald made of underneath all of that icing?

Does anyone know if characters (other than Mickey) are available in the white chocolate? Thanks!

Old 01-30-2007, 06:40 AM   #779
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Has anyone ordered a birthday cake at The Garden Grill? I went through several threads but didn't see any cakes from there.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:44 AM   #780
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess@heart View Post
This is the 6" cake I ordered from Ohana to be delivered to the Spirit of Aloha dinner show...

In my opinion, don't waste your money on the 6" cake. If you want a nice cake, you'll have to go for the 8" which costs twice as much but I'm sure has to taste twice as good. It's not hard to improve on Crisco and sugar frosting!

Plus the 8" can be customized.
How much does the 8" cake usually cost? TIA!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: