Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 01:27 PM   #751
wdwfamilyinIL
DIS Veteran

Ok I need some help here. I am wanting to suprise my dh on our next trip, we are eating at le cellier on our annv., do they have anything I can do to suprise hime? We are staying at pop, there isn't anyway I can have something delivered is there? ONe other question, we are eating at 1900 park fare, what do they offer? Please include prices....thanks

ASM 05,06POP 07,08
POFQ 09,10
Disney Dream May 11
POR JUNE 11
Old 01-23-2007, 02:48 PM   #752
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

maybe an offsite bakery might deliver as far as gf i heard will for a 75 dollar fee, boardwalk bakery will not deliver.. GF can do mainly what you want.. prices range 25-100's depending on the size and how elaborate you want it..
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2007, 03:26 PM   #753
faberj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by faberj View Post
Who has the better cakes GF or BW?

Anyone???

From what I am understanding on this thread you can not pick up a cake at the GF, you can only get one from them if you are dining or staying with them. Is that correct?

We will be staying at CSR and I know that I can not get anything delivered there. Ohana's is my DH's favorite and I wanted to see if I could pick up a cake at the GF and take it to Ohana's with us. Does Onhana's even have a pastry chef??? I want to do something special for our anniversary.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:29 PM   #754
shannon1219
DIS Veteran

I found the post where she gives the details and price go to post # 559 on page 38.
/ WL MNSSHP- OCT 2006 / POP- JUNE 2007 / FIRST EVER DL TRIP SEPT 2007/ POP- JUNE 2008 / CSR DEC 2008 / POP MNSSHP- OCT 2009/ GADGAD-October 2010/ Off site June 2011/ POP NOV 2011/ POFQ- OCT 2012/ We moved to FL

Old 01-24-2007, 04:00 PM   #755
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

I love all the cakes! They are so cute! I have a couple of questions of my own...

Were going to WDW in August, and it's mine and my DBF's 3 year anniversary a week before WDW - can we celebrate an anniversary like this there? Since all our money will be going on WDW we won't actually be doing anything for our anniversary so I'd like to celebrate it at Disney!!

I've been looking at all the lovely cakes, and some are REALLY nice but out of my price range and since there's only 2 of us we wouldn't be able to eat it all!! I'd love a chocolate cake with raspberry cream in the middle, and those little silver mickey heads on it - I have no idea around how much this would cost, as I do not know how much the cakes cost. I would want the cake at California Grill, but if getting the cake there would be a problem I would change the restaurant to Citricos.

I would also like to know about the tuxedo strawberries - I love them, they're so cute! We are staying at ASMo, would they be able to deliver them there? And how expensive are they? I mean, around $25 would be ok.

And, can you still order the Slipper Dessert at CRT?

So sorry for all the questions!!

Remember the Magic - I love your cake! I hope you enjoyed your 21st, I just celebrated my 21st at DLRP

Disney Wedding ~ 11th Aug 2010 ~ WP/Sonoma/Napa/Whitehall DP

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Old 01-24-2007, 05:42 PM   #756
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's Tailfinder View Post
I love all the cakes! They are so cute! I have a couple of questions of my own...

Were going to WDW in August, and it's mine and my DBF's 3 year anniversary a week before WDW - can we celebrate an anniversary like this there? Since all our money will be going on WDW we won't actually be doing anything for our anniversary so I'd like to celebrate it at Disney!!

I've been looking at all the lovely cakes, and some are REALLY nice but out of my price range and since there's only 2 of us we wouldn't be able to eat it all!! I'd love a chocolate cake with raspberry cream in the middle, and those little silver mickey heads on it - I have no idea around how much this would cost, as I do not know how much the cakes cost. I would want the cake at California Grill, but if getting the cake there would be a problem I would change the restaurant to Citricos.

I would also like to know about the tuxedo strawberries - I love them, they're so cute! We are staying at ASMo, would they be able to deliver them there? And how expensive are they? I mean, around $25 would be ok.

And, can you still order the Slipper Dessert at CRT?

So sorry for all the questions!!

Remember the Magic - I love your cake! I hope you enjoyed your 21st, I just celebrated my 21st at DLRP
I don't think anyone will deliever to ASMo. Usually the strawberries would be ordered at the resort you are staying at. Also the cake with the mickey heads I believe I read was between 45-55 dollars. It's called the Aniversary cake at GF, and they will deliver for a 75 dollar fee. The slipper can still be ordered at either CRT you would call I believe inside the park for that, or you can get it if you're dining, or having tea at GF. Both places need advance orders. CRT is 12.50 for the slipper, and 14.50 at GF.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:39 PM   #757
Goofy4Disney
Wants to be a full-time WDW food critic!

Does anyone have pictures of the cake with the silver Mickey heads? I keep hearing about it, but have never seen it. The only thing I've seen with Mickey heads are the cakes that have the gold "stamped" Mickey heads.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:03 AM   #758
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Thank You

Disney Wedding ~ 11th Aug 2010 ~ WP/Sonoma/Napa/Whitehall DP

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Old 01-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #759
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to give another heads up I just hung up with GF dining/bakery called the private dining number on here, and bakery. GF said NO they will NOT deliver to any other place except within the GF. They also said their rules have changed and they DO NOT allow pick ups. She in fact was a bit strict in telling me that (her words NO YOU CANNOT PICK IT UP)she said they have had problems with that and the pastry chef said NO more pick ups, so they would not allow me to pick it up. When I asked her about what I wanted she said I was out of her scope and would need to call the chefs and ask. Don't know why cause I have already seen a cake on the thread that's been done that I basically want something along those lines. She said I would be ordering through her but I was told I had to call them. I was not able to place my order and we leave for disney next week. I hope they will still allow me to order it since she has said I have to call tomorrow to speak with them.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:22 PM   #760
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

Also can someone explain how you guys are able to get them to bring it to your resort, or have akl do something other than what I am being told? I got told by AKL just the other day that they ONLY do the zebra cake and ONLY do vanilla cake for it they do NOT do themed or special cakes as they no longer have a pastery chef they also told me GF is NOT going to deliver a cake there. I called GF about 20 mins ago and was told in a very strict not really friendly manner the lady you order through her words here NO YOU CANNOT PICK IT UP. She also said NO they do not deliver outside of the GF. She asked where I was staying and I told her and she said you need to call them. I very politely explained that Mam I had called them first, but was told they do not do special cakes only 1 standard cake. She said oh and then said sorry. She said their pastry chef has told them very strictly NO MORE PICK UP ORDERS cause they had problems with people obviously not showing and such. I have recently seen people saying that they were told they could pick up, and some have said they were able to get one brough to AKL, but I was told by AKL, and GF no this cannot be done. They did not even offer to do it for the cost of the 75 dollar fee. All in all it was a bit uncomfortable the convo and she was not really friendly about it basicall was like you want this type for a honeymoon????? Yes I want a fun themed cake themed in something we both like together to celebrate our just getting married. She also asked if I was dining at their resort and yes I know I can get one sent there. I am dining one morning there, but when she asked where she was like you do know such and such is such and such. All in all I am now thinking on if I even want to do the cake anymore since it seems no one is very helpful there with it.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:31 AM   #761
Longsx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM1993 View Post
This was the cake we ordered for our Wishes cruise. We had another family sharing the cruise with us who had a bday in their group as well. Cake $25.00

Heres how the Wishes boat was decorated.

Can you share with me who you ordered your cake from, did they charge for delivery and could you customize it?

We are planning on doing a Wishes cruise in August after HDDR for DD & DNieces Bday so we will need 2 cakes and we want them to be special.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:56 PM   #762
quiltymom
Ears to you, kids!
Recognize the differences; experience it with open arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfamilyinIL View Post
Ok I need some help here. I am wanting to suprise my dh on our next trip, we are eating at le cellier on our annv., do they have anything I can do to suprise hime? We are staying at pop, there isn't anyway I can have something delivered is there? ONe other question, we are eating at 1900 park fare, what do they offer? Please include prices....thanks
I had a 50th Anniversary cake made for my in-laws at 1900 Park Fare. I can't remember how much it cost (my FiL ended up paying for it!), but it all depends upon how many servings, etc. We had a chocolate cake with white and dark chocolate roses, trimmed with gold. It looked lovely and tasted divine! We were so full from dinner (and all of the other meals that we had eaten!), that we gave the rest to the staff to eat.

I'll post a photo of it when I'm on the other computer. Just give them a call and they will help you out! They've lots of standard fun things, but will do special orders, as well.
DCL: 10/18-22/09, 4/13-17/14; POP: 10/22-24/09; POR: 10/13-20/07; WL: 3/28/05 - 4/2/05. Many visits to Disneyland, including Grad Nite '77, 6/02, 7/03, 7/11/05, 7/18/06 & 6/30-7/1/08, 7/12, GCH 8/9-11/10.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:14 PM   #763
sajetto
Wedding Pavilion Bride 2007
I could eat Pad Thai everyday
I was gonna put Val Kilmer next

From the GF bakery this my husband's groom's cake. The flavors where chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse. It was delievered to Boma for a $75 fee:

Old 01-27-2007, 10:36 PM   #764
sweet_mel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajetto View Post
From the GF bakery this my husband's groom's cake. The flavors where chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse. It was delievered to Boma for a $75 fee:

WOW that cake is amazing! So much attention to detail!

Upcoming Trips
-July 5th-8th 2007: 3 night cruise on the wonder. Cast:
-December 13th-17th 2007: Beach Club. Cast: and

Not Planned but hoping for
-August 14th-21st 2008: Beach Club/Disney Wonder. Cast: and
-October 10th-14th 2008 (or whenever Fall break falls): Grand Floridian. Cast: and

Previous Trips
-May 2000: Beach Club/Disney Magic. Cast: and
-? 1998: CBR. Cast: and

Me:
DBF:
DMom:
DDad:
NSDB(not so darling brother): (can you feel the family love? )
Old 01-27-2007, 10:56 PM   #765
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajetto View Post

WOW!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: