Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 04:53 PM   #706
Twingle
DIS Veteran

OOhhn - now it's a challenge to see if I can have one made! I'll let you know what I find out. It's for my own birthday (gotta make sure I get what I want, ya know?!?), and we're not going until June.

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Old 01-18-2007, 04:55 PM   #707
JJClemson
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess@heart View Post
I finally made a decision. I just called the GF Bakery and ordered...

8" Vanilla cake
Vanilla buttercream frosting
Raspberry mousse filling
Cinderella and Prince Charming decorations
pink flowers (if possible, because our wedding was pink and white)
"Happy 10th Anniversary"

:
Oh my goodness! You are going to LOVE the raspberry mousse! It's AMAZING! DF and I were in WDW last month for our wedding planning session and we got to try many cake flavors curtousy of GF bakery. The vanilla cake w/ raspberry mousse was by far our favorite! We chose it as our bottom layer... I am so jealous you get to eat it sooooo soon We have to wait until June! Enjoy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2007, 05:58 PM   #708
The Sweetness
Queen of her castle

WOW! talk about something to be jealous of~ a WDW wedding Congrats and I hope you dont need any extra

Old 01-18-2007, 07:20 PM   #709
MinnieMom
Because everyone needs a little magic in their life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneytraceyl View Post
Does any know if Ohana's and Chef Mickeys have homemade cakes or are they the frozen ones? It sounds like the grand floridian has great cakes. We are staying at Shades of Green. Does anyone know if they do cakes?
I didn't see an answer to this question yet and I'd love to know too, so I'm just bumping it up!

Old 01-18-2007, 09:15 PM   #710
princess@heart
Need a sprinkling of Fairy Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJClemson View Post
Oh my goodness! You are going to LOVE the raspberry mousse! It's AMAZING! DF and I were in WDW last month for our wedding planning session and we got to try many cake flavors curtousy of GF bakery. The vanilla cake w/ raspberry mousse was by far our favorite! We chose it as our bottom layer... I am so jealous you get to eat it sooooo soon We have to wait until June! Enjoy
Pssshhhaw! I'm the jealous one!!! I was just watching the Food Network's Unwrapped WDW that I had taped. At the end they show the cake with the rolled fondant and silver Mickey heads on it. I want one of those so bad. Even if it's just a mini version. So DH and I decided to have a big party at WDW for our 20th anniversary! LOL

WDW '95 - off property.....WDW '05 - Polynesian Resort.....WDW '06 - Coronado Springs Resort.....WDW and DCL '07 - Caribbean Beach Resort and Wonder.....DL '07 - Disneyland Hotel.....DL '09 - off property.....WDW '12 - off property.....
WDW Feb '14 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
Old 01-18-2007, 09:18 PM   #711
princess@heart
Need a sprinkling of Fairy Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMom View Post

Originally Posted by JJClemson

I didn't see an answer to this question yet and I'd love to know too, so I'm just bumping it up!

You can custom order cakes at 'Ohana, but I'm not sure about Chef Mickey's. Just be sure to not order the 6" cakes. They are all frozen cakes.

WDW '95 - off property.....WDW '05 - Polynesian Resort.....WDW '06 - Coronado Springs Resort.....WDW and DCL '07 - Caribbean Beach Resort and Wonder.....DL '07 - Disneyland Hotel.....DL '09 - off property.....WDW '12 - off property.....
WDW Feb '14 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
Old 01-18-2007, 09:46 PM   #712
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
You can custom order cakes at 'Ohana, but I'm not sure about Chef Mickey's. Just be sure to not order the 6" cakes. They are all frozen cakes.
Chef Mickey's has a standard frozen 6" cake that you can get. If you want a special cake call the GF bakery and pick it up, believe me, it is worth it.

This is the cake I had made for DDs birthday. It has Raspberry Mousse and White Choc. Ganache icing. It was fabulous, DD loved it. Best Desert we had.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Old 01-18-2007, 10:28 PM   #713
SkcMom
Wife of a Deadhead, Mommy of a princess!

So is this an 8" cake? Is it from the GF? It is beautiful!!
POP Sept. 2008 Girls only trip!!!
CSR Jan. 2010
CSR Sept. 2011
Old 01-19-2007, 08:35 AM   #714
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Question about the GF Bakery, and I apologize in advance if this info is all ready somewhere on this thread.

Is the GF Bakery the kind of bakery that you can just walk up and get stuff? Like a slice of cake or a cookie? Or is it used just for cakes, that you call up and order?

Thanks for any info!

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Old 01-19-2007, 08:42 AM   #715
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle View Post
Question about the GF Bakery, and I apologize in advance if this info is all ready somewhere on this thread.

Is the GF Bakery the kind of bakery that you can just walk up and get stuff? Like a slice of cake or a cookie? Or is it used just for cakes, that you call up and order?

Thanks for any info!
No, you cannot walk up and buy things. Its just the resort's bakery.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:53 AM   #716
JJClemson
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pssshhhaw! I'm the jealous one!!! I was just watching the Food Network's Unwrapped WDW that I had taped. At the end they show the cake with the rolled fondant and silver Mickey heads on it. I want one of those so bad. Even if it's just a mini version. So DH and I decided to have a big party at WDW for our 20th anniversary! LOL

That's so funny you mention the cake w/ the fondant and silver mickeys... that's what we're having except they're doing peach mickeys for us since peach is our wedding color! You and your hubby should do a vow renewal at WDW! It'd be amazing
Old 01-19-2007, 09:41 AM   #717
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info beattyfamily!

Old 01-19-2007, 10:22 AM   #718
Cinderella Fan
Disney Bride!! December 2006

This is our wedding cake. We were married at the Wedding Pavilion and had our dinner reception at Citrico's.

The bottom layer was vanilla cake with bavarian cream and raspberries and the top layer was vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse. It had small white chocolate snowflakes on it with the white chocolate castle on top.... It was jjust

Old 01-19-2007, 12:17 PM   #719
Remember The Magic
Mouseketeer

Cinderella Fan your cake is gorgeous!

"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse". Walt Disney
Old 01-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #720
gatrbait
FL GAL

Thank you!!

All of your pictures are wonderful and those wedding cakes oh my gosh...I almost want to get married again just so I can be a disney bride...ooopps glad I got over that. But anyhow I want to thank you all I placed an order for my best friends b-day cake we live in the area and I am taking her to Cape May Clam Bake and I ordered her a 10" Marble cake, white chocolate mousse filling, with white buttercream icing, decorations will be appropriate for a "woman over 50" and say "Happy Birthday Deborah". We are going tomorrow night and yes I did order this I guess early last week. Thanks to you guys for helping me make the decision. My friend isn't as much of a fan of disney as I am so I wanted it more classic. Anyhow I will take pics and I will try and post them here monday.
Thanks again and have a wonderful weekend everyone!!
Micky

A trip here a trip there ya never know when I might decide to stay
Annual passholder since 92
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: