Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2007, 06:30 AM   #31
Mackey Mouse
Me read the Navigator? I don't think so

tsk, tsk said in my best Bahsten accent

Tommy made Flubber

DISboards Moderator

Did they rule out gallbladder?????I might have to go back and do reading from the beginning...but if you do not eat and you feel better, I am wondering out loud here.. Also, it might have something to do with digestion and processing of food, which really should be looked into.

OK, going back to read and will come back here and finish posting. When I was having gallbladder symptoms.. the pain was strange, it would start in my chest and move around to my back and throb..

They did an ultrasound and saw that I had gallstones and a lodged gallstone in the bile duct can be very painful....have they done an ultrasound of that area?

Now I have since found out that I had my gallbladder out for what in fact was reflux as I still have that same pain. But I have to believe they did indeed see gallstones and just did not go in there willynilly and take out my gallbladder for nothing.. this is at least 10 years. I still have reflux and still have that pain, middle of the chest..

I am glad that they are repeating the CT scan, but is there a scan that is stronger and more apt to pick up what a ct scan might miss.. I know people in the PC area prefer to use the pet scan as they say the ct scan is not always conclusive..

Please keep us in the loop and hope that you have a day without pain today.. hugs

Co-Moderator Restaurant Boards
Moderator, Coping and Compassion Board

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
Mackey Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:47 AM   #32
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

I wish it was gallbladder, but I don't have one anymore. I never had stones, but they took it out a few years ago because I was having a similar pain. They said that the pathology on it was bad (?), so it was good that they took it out. They didn't really explain what they meant. I guess I should have insisted on more info. I might have to call them and get the path report.

So, I'm off for my CT scan at 10:00 today. Please pray for no findings. I'm really scared - not for myself, but for my kids. I'm a really cool mom, so they need me around for a long time!

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2007, 01:38 PM   #33
Mackey Mouse

Tommy made Flubber

DISboards Moderator

Hugs Honey.. I know you are a cool Mom and they do need you.. all children need their parents..

Please let us know how you did today....I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.. Try not to worry....Tom always says to me, why worry about what you cannot control...works for him, but me, I worry too.

Big hugs.. keep us in the loop..

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
Old 01-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #34
TruBlu

The CT yesterday went well. No results yet - I'm hoping that is a good sign. They said that it would probably be Tuesday before I heard from my doctor since Monday is a Holiday.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:00 PM   #35
TruBlu

Forgot to mention - the new blood pressure medicine that I was taking has a very rare side effect of causing pancreatitis (no idea how to spell that...)!!! I found that on the internet and printed it out to show my doc. So, he switched my medicine. Wouldn't it be a miracle if that was the problem???

Old 01-13-2007, 10:16 PM   #36
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Forgot to mention - the new blood pressure medicine that I was taking has a very rare side effect of causing pancreatitis (no idea how to spell that...)!!! I found that on the internet and printed it out to show my doc. So, he switched my medicine. Wouldn't it be a miracle if that was the problem???
That's good. (can't get the wink smilie to work)

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:44 PM   #37
I Heart Disneyland!
Disneyland geek since the 1960's!!

I went undiagnosed for about a year. I don't know your symptoms but do know that it's difficult to go through test after test and not know the outcome.
SOME HAVE GONE AND SOME REMAIN..."
I Heart Disneyland! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:47 PM   #38
Mackey Mouse

Tommy made Flubber

DISboards Moderator

Pancreatitis is nothing to fool with.. Have you seen the gastroentrologist yet? If not, make sure you mention all this to him/her...

How are you feeling now that they changed you BP meds?? Do let us know how you are doing..

Take care and keep plugging..

Old 01-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #39
jann1033
Right now I'm an inch of natural and a foot of unnatural
The time has come to break out of my mold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
that would be fantastic..here's hoping

The Poetry of Light website
jann1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:23 PM   #40
TruBlu

I am in pain and FRUSTRATED!!!!! Sorry, but I just need to vent....

I had my CT scan last Friday (1/12). Yesterday morning I couldn't take it anymore, so I called my doc's office and asked about the results. They promised to "call me right back". WELL they called today at 2:30 and read the report to me. I asked if there had been any changes since my CT scan back in Nov. 06. She paused and said, that is the report I have. She didn't even have the new one!!! She again promised to find the new one and "call me right back"..... Meanwhile, I'm going crazy!!!

AND I've called every day for 2 weeks now, but I can't get my GI doc to see me before 1/31.

It just seems like nobody cares....

OK, enough self pity. I feel better now.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:14 PM   #41
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

We care!!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Old 01-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #42
TruBlu

Thank you!!!! You guys are keeping me sane!!!!

Old 01-17-2007, 04:19 PM   #43
Mackey Mouse

Tommy made Flubber

DISboards Moderator

We are here.......I had my other hat on and was elsewhere on the Dis, but you have my attention..

You need to rant and rave and scream and yell at these medical professionals.....I am getting annoyed here too...

Sending hugs your way and lots of positive energy.. do not let them wear you down, fight for your rights and get some answers..

When is that gastro appt??

Old 01-17-2007, 07:03 PM   #44
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackey Mouse View Post
When is that gastro appt??
Well that is a whole other can of worms! It is scheduled for 1/31, but I'm not sure if I can get them the results of the CT scan. I called today and the lady in medical records at the hospital said that I would have to mail them a letter to request the records. She said that I could not pick them up myself! When I told them when my appointment is scheduled she said "Oh, we'll never get them there that fast." It is 2 weeks away!!! She said my best bet would be to arrive early for my appointment and have the GI doc call and ask them to fax the report that day. I asked if they could just fax it sooner, but she said they couldn't.

So, I called my primary care doc's office today to ask if they could get me in with a GI doc at the hospital where they have the records. They said they would try, and AGAIN they were going to call me "right back". Still haven't heard anything....

SO FRUSTRATING....

Old 01-17-2007, 07:50 PM   #45
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Frustrating, I agree. I don't think I'd pick a GI doc based on what I think might happen with my medical records. I'd go online, check profiles, and pick the best GI doc I could find that specializes in the problem I'm experiencing.

I'd make an appointment for as soon as they could get me in, even if it required calling every day to check for cancellations. In the meantime, I'd find a good person in that doc's office who knows what's going on (like the clinical manager, or the doctor's own nurse) and has the power to make things happen. I'd explain my story as briefly but realistically as I could, and try to get them to join my crusade to get answers (who wouldn't want to help you?). Believe me, the doc's office can get your films very quickly, regardless of what they tell you in the medical records dept. What do you think would happen if there was an emergency and they sent for your records? They would get them right away. This happens all the time...

I had this a similar situation me when I was having my abdominal pain. There was an absolutely wonderful nurse in the GI doc's office who helped me a lot and made things happen. You just need to connect with the right person.

So - don't cancel your present appointment. Talk to someone in the office there (not the person who answers the phone; ask for the manager or even visit the office in person if you have to to meet the person I mentioned above) and see a) if they can take you sooner because you're in a lot of distress and b) if they can call for your films so the doc will have them in hand when he sees you. Don't stop until you get what you need. I wish I could help you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: