Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Fred and Wilma and the girls came too - Day 5

Day 5 – Say Hello, Wave Goodbye (sorry for that – DH’s suggestion ) - Friday 13th October

Me – Joh, 33 – A bit nervous about wearing a bikini
DH – Gary, 39 – Wearing wedgy-proof swim shorts
DD1 – Sian, 13 – "Are there shops at Typhoon Lagoon, Mum"
DD2 – Rea, 12 – scared she won't be able to see anything without her glasses

Off to Typhoon Lagoon today. Another first for us – our first Disney water park. DH really wanted to try Blizzard Beach but I’d already scheduled that in for the day after MNSSHP so off to TL we went.

We managed to stay in bed a bit later today as the transport to the water parks didn’t leave until 9:15. I went down to the lobby as usual for DH’s cup of tea and got some chocolate croissants for us all. By 9, we were all ready to leave and we went downstairs to wait. DH got another cup of tea so he was now capable of partaking in conversation. The shuttle bus turned up on time and off we went.

We arrived at Typhoon Lagoon safely and waited with a small crowd of people – the weather was fantastic and it looked like it was going to be a real scorcher. As soon as we got in, we headed for the area recommended to us by our friend Sue and settled down with our stuff. DH and I left the girls while we went off to get a locker and a refillable mug, then we piled our stuff into the locker and off we went. First stop was Crush ‘n’ Gusher where we rode all 3 different slides. Our favourite was definitely Pineapple Plunger. We then did Gangplank and Keelhaul Falls, both great fun. After that, we returned to our ‘base camp’, grabbed a quick drink and then went off round Castaway Creek.

Next, it was time for some lunch. We got 2 chicken sandwich meals and 2 kids hot dog meals (total $25.74). More diet coke in the mug, half an hour to let lunch go down and away we went again, this time into the wave pool. Man, those waves are HUGE. I stayed quite a way back, while the others were more adventurous and headed towards the waves. After a while, I found the girls and told them I was heading back and that they could go off by themselves but not to be too long. Gary had gone off to check out Humunga Kowabunga (and, bless him, he did it too – he’s a lot braver than me!) so I settled down with my book and some more diet coke. It was starting to get quite warm so I went off round Castaway Creek again, where I bumped into the girls. We all headed back together and sat for a while just chatting. I was relieved that they seemed to be enjoying themselves today and, just as I was thinking it to myself, Sian said ‘Mum this place is so cool’. So, I’d finally managed to get something right. I felt like Edmund Hillary must have felt when he reached the top of Everest!

A little while later Gary joined us and we all went off to do a few more water rides, then it was time to get changed and catch our shuttle back to the hotel. After showers and a bit of a lie down (it’s amazing how exhausting a relaxing day at a water park can be), it was off to dinner. Being Friday, for us, there was only one choice – TGI Friday’s. I know we have TGI’s here in the UK but the girls had never been to one and, like most things, it’s so much better over there! It was quite busy but we were seated straight away and ordered drinks. DH and DD2 chose Blue Raspberry Slushies, DD1 had a Strawberry Lemonade and I was boring and opted for Diet Coke. I had been trying to encourage the girls to try new things while on holiday so Sian decided she would have the Lemon Splash chicken, which was described as chicken breast in a light lemon sauce with fresh angel hair pasta. DH thought that sounded good so he chose that too, while DD2 and I played it safe with chicken strips (I really ought to practise what I preach ). While we were waiting for the food, a balloon modeller came to the table next to us and offered to make something for the kids. The parents refused and for some reason she passed us by – probably thought our kids were too old. Absolutely not though – they both said they wanted a balloon model so I called her over and she quickly and deftly created a balloon cat and butterfly. I gave her a couple of bucks and she moved on to the next table. The girls were absolutely made up with their balloon creatures and they took pride of place on the table.

The food arrived shortly after and looked lovely – there was plenty of it too.

Unfortunately, it soon became apparent that Sian had not chosen well with her lemon chicken. There were an awful lot of chillies on the chicken and even DH commented that it had a bit of a kick. Poor Sian was downing her drinks faster than the waitress could bring them and, after she’d eaten all her pasta and proceeded to cut off miniscule pieces of chicken and try to swallow them with loads of water, DH put her out of her misery and told her to leave the rest. Bless her, she did try though.

We decided not to have dessert there as there wasn’t much that we fancied on the dessert menu so we paid the check ($61.10 inc tip) and headed over to Friendly’s to get ice cream. Me and the girls had mint cookie crunch sundaes (mint choc ice-cream with crushed oreos and hot fudge sauce), which were delicious, and DH had Black Raspberry ice-cream. While we were eating, a little boy sat down at the table next to us, spotted the balloons and promptly started nagging his mum for one. DD2 very kindly offered him her cat, which he took and then started screaming for Sian’s butterfly too – ungrateful little toad! He had absolutely no chance of prising that butterfly from Sian’s tight grip so we left his poor mother to try and placate him. We took our usual wander down I-Drive and then waited at the trolley stop for the trolley back to the hotel. I took a picture of the girls to prove they can smile when they want to.

Tomorrow was to be a big day for us – the massive, stupendous, humungous, tremendous Dibb meet at Sea World!!!

Today's budget - $250
Total spend today - $162.85
Under budget - $87.15 :D (it can't last though)
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
ely3857
Would love to be a Librarian - but isn't sure if she can spell it

Smile

A much better day for you all

I love the water parks

Jodie
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2007, 06:09 PM   #3
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Now that's more like it girls

I've got to ask. Who took your photos of you all together at TL?

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:40 AM   #4
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

i much prefer TL to BB

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:20 AM   #5
wilma-bride

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
Now that's more like it girls

I've got to ask. Who took your photos of you all together at TL?
They were off our photopass Reid, taken by the Disney photographers. We actually got some really good ones at the water parks - more to come later in the trip.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:40 AM   #6
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Another great day
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:41 AM   #7
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
They were off our photopass Reid, taken by the Disney photographers. We actually got some really good ones at the water parks - more to come later in the trip.
I was wondering the same thing. Great photos - you really look as though you're all enjoying yourselves. Doesn't Sian look different without her glasses?

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake TowerJanuary 2015 ~ Four Seasons Golden Oak/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:53 AM   #8
wilma-bride

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDEB View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Great photos - you really look as though you're all enjoying yourselves. Doesn't Sian look different without her glasses?
That's Rea Deb, not Sian But, yes, she does look really different I actually think she looks a lot more grown-up.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #9
Strommie

It was so peaceful doing that and I loved it!
I like lemon and sugar on mine, and sometimes chocolate

Your TL photos are brilliant Joh
Strommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:09 AM   #10
UKDEB

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
That's Rea Deb, not Sian But, yes, she does look really different I actually think she looks a lot more grown-up.
How dozy am I? I know that's Rea, so I've no idea why I should have said Sian.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake TowerJanuary 2015 ~ Four Seasons Golden Oak/Bay Lake Tower
Old 01-08-2007, 02:15 PM   #11
Kevin Stringer
Chat Host
Oddly concerned about an elephant living in his pyjamas
The TF would like to see Kevin’s rendition of 'Great balls of fire'

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDEB View Post
How dozy am I?
Give us a list Deb and we'll try to make a choice!

Joh - nice to see the girls enjoyed their day at TL. Credit to Sian for sticking with the red hot chicken.

Kev
Kevin Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #12
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast

Glad to girls are getting into the holiday mood.
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012

tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:54 PM   #13
arieljasmine
Who says these things pass you by.....

A lovely day, Joh. Very cool pics, nice to get them with all of you on.

ArielJasmine
May 2001 DLRP Santa Fe/September 2002 WDW All Star Music/December 2003 DLRP Sequoia Lodge/September 2004 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Pop Century/May 2005 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Coronado Springs/Disney Wonder/April 2006 WDW Pop Century/ September 2006 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Animal Kingdom Lodge/September 2007 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Hard Rock Hotel/Polynesian/Pop Century
arieljasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #14
UKDEB

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Stringer View Post
Give us a list Deb and we'll try to make a choice!
Hey, I can get insulted right here at home - I don't need to come to the DIS, y'know.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:14 PM   #15
Merylj
DIS Veteran

Wonderful pictures
Merylj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: