Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #31
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

I believe Northwest is the best drop off point. Then go down to Level 1.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #32
willoughbyclan
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much
*2nd Disney Cruise/World Trip 3 night cruise 6 nights world (POP) 9/1-10/05
*USO/IOA 3/31 - 4/8/06 (Spring Break) Marriott S. Palms
*Beach Club Resort 1/12-16/07
*Disney Magic 15 night WB PC Cruise 5/10-25/08
*Disney Allstar Music 2/1/10-2/5/10
*Disney Allstar Sports 1/6-1/8/11
*Disney Magic 7 night Eastern 1/8-1/15/11
*Disney Magic 7 night Western 1/15-1/22/11
*Disney Magic 7 night Eastern 3/10-3/17/12
*Disney Dream 3 night Bahamas 9/18-9/21/14
willoughbyclan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2007, 05:08 PM   #33
IlovePiglet
Mouseketeer

The hotel shuttle should be able to go to Level 1, ask the driver. If they can, ask to be dropped off at "B high numbers". They should know what you're talking about, just tell them you're catching the DME bus. That would be the easiest.

If they can't, Tyler's suggestion is the 2nd easiest
IlovePiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:29 PM   #34
jeanylaser
Walt Disney World Dolphin resort biggest fan

What about Delta airlines?
Old 02-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #35
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nja33 View Post
Found this for anyone who may be confused about where to go. It's got a few different views of the layout of MCO and also one which says which airlines land on which side.

Thanks for posting this. I am still a little confused. Oh well...I am sure it will all work out.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:06 AM   #36
DONALD38
GO BLUE!!!

Sorry to ask, are there a lot of buses available by Disney at the airport to quickly take you to your resort or is everything set up with departure times. Or do they wait until the buses are fully loaded.

Also your bags, if its taken care of for you, how fast do they get it to your resort and in your room?

Thanks for your help.
DONALD38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:58 AM   #37
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONALD38 View Post
Sorry to ask, are there a lot of buses available by Disney at the airport to quickly take you to your resort or is everything set up with departure times. Or do they wait until the buses are fully loaded.

Also your bags, if its taken care of for you, how fast do they get it to your resort and in your room?

Thanks for your help.
It takes, on average, about 70 minutes from deplaning to your resort. This time can be changed by the actual time of day you arrive into MCO. Those arriving mid-afternoon may find slightly longer waits. The buses are dispatched as needed. You may find you have to wait in the bus line for about 10 minutes if you have just missed the previous bus. They do not wait to fill the bus up....I believe they have a set time they will wait and that's it.
As far as your bag delivery goes, that's a whole different story. If your room is ready when you get to your resort, you may find that your bags arrive in your room within an hour or two...possibly up to three hours. If your room is not ready yet, then leave your carryon bags with bell services and head out to a park. Your bags should be in your room when you return. Just be sure to have whatever you will need for the first part of your day in your carryon bags.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:33 AM   #38
DONALD38
GO BLUE!!!

Thank you, I really appreciate your response Goofy4Tink. We plan on making are reservations today.

Thanks again for your help.
DONALD38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:14 PM   #39
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our flight is scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 11:00 p.m. Will ME still be able to pick up our checked luggage and bring it to our resort for delivery to our room the next morning or will we need to get it ourselves and take it on the bus with us to the resort?

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:15 PM   #40
jabead
DIS Veteran

Question regarding late arrival time?

Our flight is scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 11:00 p.m. Will ME still be able to pick up our checked luggage and bring it to our resort for delivery to our room the next morning or will we need to get it ourselves and take it on the bus with us to the resort?

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:28 PM   #41
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
As long as you put a DME luggage tag on each bag, you will have the bags delivered to your room, period. You don't need to get them yourself.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:37 PM   #42
sunny45
Mouseketeer

Carry on Luggage

My DH and I are planning on using ME and only taking a carry on each and not checking any luggage.
So, we just go straight from the terminal (Side A) to the Magical Express counter on Level 1 to check in? I spoke with a CM when I booked the ME and he said we can just take our bags right on the bus.
Anyone ever do this before?
TIA!!!
2001 Feb Caribbean Beach (DH & DD's)
2003 Aug Yacht Club (DH & DD's)
2007 Sept POP Century-25th anniversary-DH&I
2010 Dec POP 2 rooms (DH & adult DD's)
2013 Sept Disneyland (DH & I)
sunny45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:40 PM   #43
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny45 View Post
My DH and I are planning on using ME and only taking a carry on each and not checking any luggage.
So, we just go straight from the terminal (Side A) to the Magical Express counter on Level 1 to check in? I spoke with a CM when I booked the ME and he said we can just take our bags right on the bus.
TIA!!!

Yep....cross over to Side B, head on down to the lowest level, level 1, and look for the DME welcome desk. You will have no problem taking your bag(s) with you. The driver will stow them underneath the bus, and then retrieve them when you get to the resort. Have a terrific trip!!
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:00 PM   #44
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny45 View Post
TIA!!!
As a matter of fact, almost everyone has done this before. Almost everyone has carry-ons when they fly. DME doesn't offer automatic delivery of carry-ons. Thus, almost everyone who takes the DME bus has carry-ons with them, know what I mean?

To add to what goofy4tink said, you can choose whether or not to take the carry-ons into the cabin of the bus or have the driver stow them in the cargo hold of the bus, but ONLY IF the carry-ons are small enough to fit under your own seat or on the overhead shelf. If they are too big, you have no choice but to have the driver stow them for you. But as soon as you arrive at your resort, the driver will "un-stow" them and you get them right back, right then and there.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:36 PM   #45
catgyrl129
i believe in the magic...

lots of ???

Our first plane ride on June 2nd! So, it is the frist time also for DME, first ?-when you board DME, do you have assigned seats or is it just a free for all like on the Disney bus transport around world.I do hope that people will have it together and not be rushing in and fighting over seats. ?2- My AAA agent hasn't recieved my DME booket with my tags and boarding passes and stuff, i am getting a little worried about this.What do i do without those passes and luggage tags?! HELP!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: