Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2006, 12:03 PM   #16
LaurlieMT
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the nice comments, and thanks Amlee and KKB for the extra hints. I didn't think to ask for more hangers! I wonder if they agreed to remove our table because our cruise wasn't full so they could stick it in an empty stateroom, and maybe on full cruises there is no place to store them.

Laurie
LaurlieMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:15 PM   #17
MrJimmyDale
TGM Refugee

Thanks for the info!!!!!!
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2006, 03:26 PM   #18
krzy4disney02
Mouseketeer

Thanks for taking all the time to post! First cruise coming up and am grabbing every tip I can get my hands on!

May 2002 Honeymoon and 1st ever trip to Disneyland **May 2003 Anniversary and DD, DS 1st Disney trip **May 2004 Anniversary Disneyland trip **August 2005 Disney with the kids **May 2006 Anniversary Disneyland Trip **May 2007 1at WDW trip & Disney cruise with kids **Dec. 2007 Disneyland holiday trip **August 2008 Disney cruise & WDW

krzy4disney02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:21 PM   #19
LaurlieMT
Earning My Ears

Thought of another one. This bothered me the whole time we were there and I couldn't think of a solution.

36) If your little ones usually stand on a stepstool to brush their teeth, you might want to bring one. I have a folding stepstool that I could have thrown in a suitcase, but I didn't know we'd need it. DS(3) wasn't tall enough to get his chin over the edge of the sink to brush his teeth. I held him up sometimes, and he stood on the toilet lid and leaned oooooverrrr sometimes. That was precarious and scary! All week I kept wishing I had our step stool, and I couldn't think of anything we had in the room for him to stand on.

Laurie
Old 11-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #20
MontclairBear
Roll on you Bears

EXCELLENT!!
Thank..you...so...much
Old 11-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #21
cinjam
When will we go again???? Why in April, of course!

Thanks for the great tips - I am bookmarking them now. We are on the magic in February with an almosy 3yo & almost 6yo. I just know my almost 3yo will not be fully potty trained by the time we go.

I did not know the thing about no swim diapers in the pool - I understand it though. I will have to factor this in in my planning as my youngest is an avid swimmer...but with swim dieapers on!
cinjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:14 PM   #22
LaurlieMT
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinjam
Thanks for the great tips - I am bookmarking them now. We are on the magic in February with an almosy 3yo & almost 6yo. I just know my almost 3yo will not be fully potty trained by the time we go.

I did not know the thing about no swim diapers in the pool - I understand it though. I will have to factor this in in my planning as my youngest is an avid swimmer...but with swim dieapers on!
Yeah, my DS(3) LOVES to swim, much more than his older sister. Since he's still in diapers, we just never put his swimsuit on or let him hang out at the pool, so he didn't feel like he was missing out. We swam at the condo the day before the cruise, and we went to the beach at Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Castaway Cay, so he got plenty of swimming in. It was sort of a shame that he didn't swim on the ship, but honestly he was so busy doing all the other things that he didn't notice. Have fun!!

Laurie
Old 11-12-2006, 08:37 PM   #23
booksw
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the help!

We are getting ready to go on our cruise and you have provided a lot of help and reminders from past cruises! Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to do that. One extra hint to the high maintenance: when you get to your stateroom, you can request down pillows... I learned that a couple of years ago on the dis boards and love doing it.
booksw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #24
lgmtseawa
Earning My Ears

what a great list, and so timely, as we are going next week! Not our first cruise, nor even with our youngest who isn't quite three (we did a Carnival cruise in April), but it IS our first Disney cruise, so all your Disney/toddler hints are most welcome! (I'm really happy about the recent changes to the Wonder to expand the pools for non-potty-trained kids!)

Carolyn in Colorado
lgmtseawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:05 PM   #25
DisVillainFan
"No Good Guy without the Bad guy"

Just thought I would post a couple hints for the guys. First keep a couple of the dry cleaning bags from your suits, returned from the cleaners, wrap each item, use extra hangers in your suit bag, they tend to wrinkle less when compressed in the suit bag for transport. Second, make friends with a specific bartender at a favorite watering hole, tip fair, you will discover your perks. Last, I take the dollar coins along for tipping,especially the gold ones, everyone seems to appriciate them, and if at the beachs on shore, you can place them in a swim suit, no soggy dollars to present, and none to keep with you if you don't use them . Who wants soggy bills on the dresser to dry?
DisVillainFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:12 PM   #26
KimberlyC
Mouseketeer
And what if your unmentionables ended up on someone else's balcony

Thanks for the info, especially pertaining to toddlers. We are booked on our 1st DCL cruise and it happens to be the last cruise in May before the Magic repos and DS will be 37 days shy of 3. I wanted to cruise a few weeks later but the Med repo makes that impossible. Its a blessing and a curse. On the one hand he's Free except port charges/taxes but on the other hand I'm not sure if he'll be allowed into the clubs (he won't be within 30 days to move up until the day we disembark) or if he'll be potty trained (its not going well) so I appreciate the info about the Open House and the closing of the pirate ship during activities so that I can be prepared.

I too swear by the over the door shoe hanger, pop up hampers and nighlight. I also never cruise without a power strip and extension cord, ear plugs, travel steamer (irons are not allowed), travel clock, post its and duct tape.

WDW "Family" Trips I'll never forget my first time...January, 1983 - Treehouse Villas.
November, 2003: Off-Site (?) - Me + DexH + DS (inutero)
June, 2006: Poly - Me + DexH +DS (2nd Bday) + DNiece (age 12)
September, 2006: Coronado - Me + DexH + DS (age 2) + DNiece (age 12)
May, 2007: MAGICal Western Cruise - Me + DexH + DS (age almost 3)
October, 2008: BWV - Me + DexH + DS (age 4) + DexMIL
February, 2011: Bonnet Creek - Me + DS (age 6) + BF
KimberlyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #27
5kenzaks
Earning My Ears

What is the duct tape for?
5kenzaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:00 PM   #28
LaurlieMT
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kenzaks
What is the duct tape for?
That's what I was going to ask!! Does it have to do with unmentionables?
Old 11-15-2006, 09:50 PM   #29
KimberlyC
Mouseketeer
And what if your unmentionables ended up on someone else's balcony

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurlieMT
That's what I was going to ask!! Does it have to do with unmentionables?
LOL

No actually you would be amazed by the number of cruisers who swear by it for so many purposes. I got the idea a few years ago on CruiseCritic and I'm so glad I had it. I have used duct tape (in neon colors but now lime green) on my luggage (even brand new luggage) so that I can see it from a mile away because I don't know how DCL does things but some lines leave you searching for your luggage in a sea of black bags at the end of the cruise. I have used duct tape to tape a door open when I didn't have a night light. I used duct tape to tape a bag when I broke the zipper. Duct tape to hem a pant leg that my shoe heel ripped the hem out. Duct tape (with paper) to wrap up fragile souvenirs. I know there are more uses...some people use it to keep privacy curtain closed in rooms. Hmmm....if the kiddies or DH misbehave But in these days of heightened security, I pack it in the checked luggage!

Happy packing!

WDW "Family" Trips I'll never forget my first time...January, 1983 - Treehouse Villas.
November, 2003: Off-Site (?) - Me + DexH + DS (inutero)
June, 2006: Poly - Me + DexH +DS (2nd Bday) + DNiece (age 12)
September, 2006: Coronado - Me + DexH + DS (age 2) + DNiece (age 12)
May, 2007: MAGICal Western Cruise - Me + DexH + DS (age almost 3)
October, 2008: BWV - Me + DexH + DS (age 4) + DexMIL
February, 2011: Bonnet Creek - Me + DS (age 6) + BF
KimberlyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:27 AM   #30
#1Disfan
mom of twins

I wanted to thank everyone for all thier helpful tips. I am taking twin 2 year olds next year on the Magic. I am very excited but very nervous at the same time wondering how it is going to work. We have an inside stateroom, CAT 11, and was wondering if you could fit two pack n plays in a room? It has been over 3 years since my last Disney cruise, and that was kid free.

Thanks again for all the help!!

Another tip that I heard....ask for a diaper genie for the room!

#1Disfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: