Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2006, 01:02 PM   #16
LoveMyBirmans
Mouseketeer

We like to place treats like Skittles or M&M's in our ziplocs with our pillowcases in case the characters get hungry when they are signing all those pillowcases.
LoveMyBirmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #17
msaseifert
Hooked on Disney

How do you get so many autographs?? We selected all characters on the sheet GS gave us but only ended up with about 8 - my kids of course loved their pillowcases but we are going again in January 2007 and I would love to get them another pillowcase and have LOTS of signatures - how can I make sure I get them ALL? THANKS!
msaseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2006, 06:30 PM   #18
rodgers
Earning My Ears

I have some 12x12 white paper that Im going to have them sign for my scrapbook. Im including some acid free markers too. So I have 1 question:

GS gives you a list of the characters that can sign and you pick them out or do you give them a list of who you want to sign?
rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:22 PM   #19
MrJimmyDale
TGM Refugee

I'm sorry but,

I am a man ....i have to ask this...I can handle the pillowcase but what kind of markers do I need to get? (sharpies?)
Old 11-09-2006, 09:54 PM   #20
RMARZOLF72
Mouseketeer

Lightbulb

Instead of buying plain white pillowcases, I bought some really nice ones with Disney Princesses on them and others with Finding Nemo on them. They are so sweet and the fabric is light enough in color that the Sharpie pens will show up well. I got them at Sears and they were even on sale for $4.99 today.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:31 PM   #21
disneyfanatic3166
BL II -Purple Team
Cruisng 4-14-07

Question about fabric:

My DD would really like a flannel pillowcase to be used, but I'm afraid about the sharpie not bleeding/not showing up. Has anyone tried flannel? Pro's, Con's?

If you're cruising 4-14-07, please stop by our thread! 4-14-07 Eastern 7 day Cruise Meet!
disneyfanatic3166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:06 AM   #22
haley's mom
DIS Veteran

Sorry, but first time cruiser. What's the deal with pillowcases? I see that GS can get autographs for you? Can you not get them yourself? So many of criuse veterans are talking about it, must be pretty cool.... PLease help!
haley's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:59 AM   #23
klineyqueen
I live in the country where nothing much happens

I got my kids each a plain white pillowcase. I then had them each machine embroidered with their name and a character down the side. I got Minnie on my DD's and Mickey on my DS's. I will send them to guest services with a few colored sharpies.

1991 - offsite w/ parents 1991 - offsite w/ band 1995 - ASMu 2002 - Caribbean Beach and 3 day Wonder 1/17/04 - Western Cruise-Magic 12/04 - Christmas in Disney8/05 - Pop Century 12/06- Double Dip Magic Cruise w/ POP & ASMu 6/07- Celebrated Mom's 50th Birthday - ASMo Trip for Free Meal Plan 8/07 - POP 6/09 - 12 days at POP8/12 Pop11/13 Fantastic Fantasy
klineyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:28 AM   #24
Zim
Meow meow

We got fabric markers at AC Moore and I ordered this beautiful white pillowcase from the online Disney store when they were having this awesome outlet sale. I don't even see the item anymore so they must not stock it now. Too bad - it's a really nice white pillowcase with a white Mickey head you barely notice unless you look close - like a hidden Mickey - it's the perfect pillowcase for characters to sign on board!! I think I'll take the suggestion to add a little chocolate treat along with it. I was going to do that for the kid's club too anyway since I heard they pool or lose additional tips or prefer chocolate or something to that effect.... great idea! I'm sure the characters can use the extra energy when they're signing all these cases!
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:59 PM   #25
Tracey1974
Maybe a 2009 babymoon before our family of 3 turns into 4??

I just bought 4 at Target tonight for DS and his cousins for our family cruise next week. I plan on surprising them with the cases when we leave for home- can't wait!
1983- 1st trip!! Offsite 1989, 1991- Offsite (Disney's Magic Music Days) 1990- Offsite 1992- Disneyland HS Orchestra trip 5/1993, 8/1993, 1995, 1997- Offsite 8/2000 All Star Movies 10/2001-All Star Sports
9/2002- Disneymoon- POR 1/2004 CR 5/2004 WL 9/2005- POR 1st trip for baby and free dining! 12/06- POP (and surprise upgrade to CBR)/DCL/WDW/MVMCP for whole family 9/07- We went again!! POP with free dining!
5/11 First trip for our #2! POP with free dining
Tracey1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:07 PM   #26
mollygirl13
DIS Veteran

Pillowcases

Pillowcases are such a great idea! I just got off the Magic this past Sat and had dropped 4 pillowcases off at Guest services as soon as I boarded the ship. I had all 4 in one large Ziploc bag with Sharpies-no yellow. I put a note inside saying I would like as many signatures as possible. The gal at Guest Services knew exactly what I wanted & the process was easy-it took less than 1 minute.
The pillowcases were delivered to us the last night. They were gorgeous. We had so many signatures and my parents and sister were SO surprised! They had no idea I got them pillowcases signed by the characters.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:17 PM   #27
J&ADisneyMom
Mouseketeer

I know this thread was started by the OP back in Aug, but I thought I would add my experience for anyone else interested.

I bought plain white pillowcases at Walmart and borrowed a design from the DDA. I can't remember who's design it was originally-sorry- but it was pretty neat (Thanks to the designer!!!). It had the ship floating through the night sky with colored stars floating behind it. It read "May all your dreams be Magical". We added the kids names and the date we sailed. I picked out permanent sharpie markers to match the colors of the stars (blue, green and orange), at Michaels. I put each into it's own ziploc bag with the markers, childs name and room number. I dropped them off at GS where a CM attached her own form with all the info. She told us they would be delivered on Friday night (but other people have obviously reported having to pick them up-just ask). They arrived, as promised! Each pillowcase was beautifully done with 28-30 signature.

Shell
Aug 06-POP for free dining!
MNSSHP Oct 19 06
Disney Magic Oct 21-28 06 for our 10th anniversary
(one night at Pop prior and one night at Carribean Beach following)
Aug 07-POFQ Free Dining and P&P Party!
Feb 14-23, 2008- Off site Family Reunion
Nov 20-29, 2008- MVMCP and DCL Thanksgiving Double Dip

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3va2u9ep3x318u4q.png[/img]
J&ADisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #28
Greysamaze
Earning My Ears

I'm going on the transatlantic in May, would I be able to get a white shirt signed in the same way?
Old 03-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #29
toverly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommywa View Post
Should I use a seperate bag for each child or put all 3 in the same bag?

Thank you
Ashley
Put them all in the same bag, nothing would be worse than getting 2 back and having one go astray. At least in the same bag you might get all 3. I put in a little candy just to sweeten the signing. Toss the yellow one, black one and the brown one. (I used sharpies, your colors may be different). I have one that I narrowed down to blue, green, red, orange and purple and it looks great.
toverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #30
toverly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haley's mom View Post
Sorry, but first time cruiser. What's the deal with pillowcases? I see that GS can get autographs for you? Can you not get them yourself? So many of criuse veterans are talking about it, must be pretty cool.... PLease help!
I can see the confusion, I mean it is afterall just a pillowcase. But, it is cool too and FREE. I think the neat thing about them is the surprise of seeing who's signatures you received on the last night. I stitch a chain stitch over the signatures so they are permanent. I used the sharpies and they do bleed a little especially the purple which bleeds pink but with the stitching, it still looks great. It also saves alot of standing in line for an autograph. I just got off the Magic and someone had them sign a white sailor cap.
toverly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: